Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Innocent or not, he's tainted by the entire thing.

There's now people claiming the brothers wore white masks.

The context there is that Jussie was very emphatic when he talked to the police that the assailants were white men. Jussie's attorney was on t.v. and theorized that if the brothers did it, maybe they lightened their faces somehow.

I think one trap people are falling into is hearing a vague, wishy washy, lawyerish statement from Jussie's attorney and assuming this means he's guilty. But that's just what lawyers do, they give very few straight-up answers because they don't like to be pinned down to anything. The only consistency with Jussie's attorneys has been that they've always said he is innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Basebf555 posted:

The context there is that Jussie was very emphatic when he talked to the police that the assailants were white men. Jussie's attorney was on t.v. and theorized that if the brothers did it, maybe they lightened their faces somehow.

I think one trap people are falling into is hearing a vague, wishy washy, lawyerish statement from Jussie's attorney and assuming this means he's guilty. But that's just what lawyers do, they give very few straight-up answers because they don't like to be pinned down to anything. The only consistency with Jussie's attorneys has been that they've always said he is innocent.

Oh I'm aware of that, I just saw some idiots on Facebook claiming they were wearing white-people masks.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rhyno posted:

Oh I'm aware of that, I just saw some idiots on Facebook claiming they were wearing white-people masks.

It's not impossible. Especially if they went to a makeup store. :biglips:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Shaocaholica posted:

It's not impossible. Especially if they went to a makeup store. :biglips:

Matter of fact they’ve released the surveillance video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diLqmtXe1tk

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Lol I thought Smollett's lawyer was black this whole time.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.capitalxtra.com/artists...Ofy4B0ex7YZgirM

One of Cardi B's former victims explained how it happened to him. He said there was a used condom on the floor when he woke up, suggesting that she also raped him in addition to robbing him.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Grand Jury's are total bullshit but my guess is that the cops put the screws to the brothers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Like I said, I'm pretty sure they'd admit to rigging the election, doing 9/11, shooting Kennedy and stealing fire from the gods if that was convenient to the narrative.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hollismason posted:

Grand Jury's are total bullshit but my guess is that the cops put the screws to the brothers.

they definitely did regardless of whatever jussie was up to

even if the cops werent racist, it would be in their best interest to toruture everyone, theres no consequences

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kubrat Pulev, Jenny Sushe and the recent unwanted osculation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IED8pbnQlDg&t=64s

Female reporter hires Gloria Allred, plans to sue boxer who forcefully kissed her after interview
https://sports.yahoo.com/kubrat-pulev-jennifer-ravalo-boxing-kiss-gloria-allred-lawsuit-000350020.html

Woman implicated in sex slave case quietly pleads guilty (NXIVM)
https://news.yahoo.com/woman-implicated-sex-slave-case-quietly-pleads-guilty-163305375.html

Experts: Jussie Smollett fiasco could taint Chicago prosecutors preparing to try R. Kelly
https://news.yahoo.com/experts-jussie-smollett-fiasco-could-204904869.html

Former World Series MVP John Wetteland indicted on child sexual assault charges
https://sports.yahoo.com/former-world-series-mvp-john-wetteland-indicted-on-child-sexual-assault-charges-000724268.html

Zogo fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 30, 2019

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I guess Cardi B is one of the first female celebrities to be outed as a rapist. I can't think of a lot of others. Asia Argento maybe?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im pretty sure the lady from Smallville luring a dozen women into sexual slavery definitely counts

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I guess Cardi B is one of the first female celebrities to be outed as a rapist. I can't think of a lot of others. Asia Argento maybe?

There was Lena Dunham who admitted to raping her little sister, and didn't even seem to realize what was wrong with that.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 31, 2019

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There was Lena Dunham who admitted to raping her little sister, and didn't even seem to realize what was wrong with that.

Yeah, about that...

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/8/7157065/dunham-child-abuse

"Lena Dunham raped her sister" is the new "Jane Fonda killed American POWs in Vietnam."

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 31, 2019

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Too bad Cosby couldn't play the Jussie Smollett card but R Kelly gets to. Luck of the draw I guess.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-vkB6GQQo

William Control has uploaded another video attempting to discredit his original accuser. As before, I find it way too uncomfortable to watch in full. In this case it doesn't appear to include any sexting or similar content, but is essentially trying to paint his accuser as too insane to believe.

You'd think that if you committed no crimes and never took advantage of mentally ill girls, you wouldn't have so many of them accusing you of it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't like Dunham but I don't think that's a case of sexual abuse at all. She was a 7-year-old kid confused and curious about the human anatomy. Its not the sort of thing you want your kids doing but it doesn't seem abusive or sexual in nature to me at all. The Right just spun it as "liberal admits to molestation, the left doesn't care" and lied to say she was older to whatabout against the Duggars or Hastert or someone.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Calling Dunham a rapist is a stretch, but she did herself no favours with how she presented and defended things.

STAC Goat posted:

I don't like Dunham but I don't think that's a case of sexual abuse at all. She was a 7-year-old kid confused and curious about the human anatomy. Its not the sort of thing you want your kids doing but it doesn't seem abusive or sexual in nature to me at all. The Right just spun it as "liberal admits to molestation, the left doesn't care" and lied to say she was older to whatabout against the Duggars or Hastert or someone.
Here's a more detailed defense of her:
https://slate.com/human-interest/2014/11/lena-dunham-sibling-sexual-abuse-allegations-ridiculous-and-dangerous.html

quote:

Then there is Dunham’s admission that she bribed her sister to kiss her on the lips for five seconds. Yes, it’s coercive—but is it harmful? “It sounds, from what Dunham is writing, that it’s just playful activity. One would seriously have to question that harm was done,” Savin-Williams says. And again, this kind of play is extremely common. In one study, researchers at Bryn Mawr College found that nearly one-third of women claimed to having been coerced into playing sexual games as children, and that most of the time, these games seemed perfectly normal.
I don't know, that seems like a defense that's awfully close to normalizing abuse. Even if that particular incident is not abuse, the rationale defending it "where's the harm? Everyone does it!" is no different than "boys will be boys" as a defense of a ton of toxic but perhaps not specifically harmful behaviour. Yeah kids do dumb things and I don't know that what she describes crosses the line into something that should be criminal, but it's certainly not something to be proud of as an adult. Just because the right blew it up into something bigger than it is doesn't mean it was nothing.

Personally I'm not chastising the 7 year old Lena, and probably not the somewhat older Lena who bribed her sister into kissing her, but I do think it's fair to chastise the adult who recounts all this stuff as totally cool and uses language like :

quote:

Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.
If you write provocative lines like that, in a book with time to reflect and edit no less, then you can deal with people taking it at face value, sincerely or not.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I've heard the accusation about Dunham get thrown about a lot but never really looked into it. Going by the article it's some bit of nothing she did when she was 7?

edit: I don't mean to blanket sexually curious behavior in kids as "kid's'll do that" but in this case unless the sister came out and said it hosed her up, I think it's a lot of hysterical noise, much of it in bad faith.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 31, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I’m pretty sure Dunham said she acted that way toward her sister well into her teenage years. I might be wrong about that, but I remember reading about it when her book first came out and it was a pattern of behavior, not just one time when she was 7.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
It’s a red herring. She was seven which is too young to really know any better and “kids will be kids” is NOT normalising it in the way “boys will be boys” does. Just think logically if kids can’t even consent then how can they really commit the same sort of crime? Especially when the ages are so low that they potentially are still at the stage of “I don’t even know what other people’s junk looks like” kinda silly games.

Focus instead on her defending her rapist tv show staff writer at the height of the me top accusations like it was nothing then proceed to still be regarded as a totally cool feminist icon for all!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lena Dunham is the Laura Loomer of the left, she’s radically online but no one, absolutely no one at all, likes her IRL

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
which is quite the accomplishment for a non-neonazi

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Didn't she write a whole thing about being offended that a black man didn't hit on her in public?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't she write a whole thing about being offended that a black man didn't hit on her in public?

Sort of, she was at an awards dinner with an NFL player who didn't pay much attention to her and she went on a twitter rant about how he wasn't interested in her because she's a real woman, that sort of persecution psychosis you really only see among the over-privileged.

Between the blatant racism and defending sexual predators, as long as their her friends, she just a lovely human being that most people seemed to have already cashed out on.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, she's said a whole lot of monumentally un-self aware stuff. I'm pretty sure not many people regard her as a "cool feminist icon for all" these days, but rather the epitome of the "rich white feminist". It seems like she's just coasting by on goodwill from the first few seasons of Girls. But she/her parents are rich "important" people so she's probably going to be around for a while.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Girls seems like a weird mix of Sex in the City and Broad City without any of the stuff that made either of them good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't know if Dunham ever continued her actions at an age where she should have known better. I do know that she did stuff like say she wished she had an abortion so she could understand what it's like and readily lied to cover up a writer's sexual assault of an actress, which should be more than enough to cancel her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

Girls seems like a weird mix of Sex in the City and Broad City without any of the stuff that made either of them good.

Well both of those shows are garbage, so maybe that’s your problem right there!

I’ve rolled with a pretty liberal, feminist, and online crowd for a decade and I’ve never met a human being who liked Girls or had any opinions about Lena Dunham’s feminism that they didn’t also have about Taylor Swift (white feminism is just white supremacy but with pictures of salad)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Broad City was a good show.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Girls was ok at the start but got up it’s own rear end near the final couple seasons. It gave us the perfection of Adam Driver who steals the show though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

IShallRiseAgain posted:

While I am still very digusted with what Lena Dunham did do, she by no means raped her sister. The pebble account is icky but not that weird, and while the stuff she did as a teenager (bribing her sister for kisses, masturbating next to her in bed, etc) was gross and hosed up it wasn't rape.

Dunham did however out her sister to her parents which is lovely as gently caress!!

They seem to have a good relationship otherwise, tho. Honestly the most hosed up thing about the Dunham stuff imo is the fact she thought it would be cool to write about it in a funny fashion in her book, going so far as to compare her behaviour to things a sexual predator would do to woo a young girl.

Also I liked Girls. I didn't finish it, but the seasons I watched were good. Dunham seemed pretty self aware about the content back then (the lead character is never painted sympathetically, she's just a trashbad through and through) but seems to have lost what little self awareness she had before.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Bust Rodd posted:

Well both of those shows are garbage, so maybe that’s your problem right there!

I’ve rolled with a pretty liberal, feminist, and online crowd for a decade and I’ve never met a human being who liked Girls or had any opinions about Lena Dunham’s feminism that they didn’t also have about Taylor Swift (white feminism is just white supremacy but with pictures of salad)

How can anyone not like, or at least not not not like, Broad City?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Broad City was a good show that immediately started aging like milk in the sun on Nov. 8, 2016.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

porfiria posted:

How can anyone not like, or at least not not not like, Broad City?

There's no accounting for taste.

That is to say, your taste.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, about that...

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/8/7157065/dunham-child-abuse

"Lena Dunham raped her sister" is the new "Jane Fonda killed American POWs in Vietnam."

The bitch did lie to discredit an alleged rape victim who accused a friend of Dunham, so gently caress her nonetheless.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Broad City was a good show that immediately started aging like milk in the sun on Nov. 8, 2016.

It was a positive, goofy comedy show made in the twilight of the Obama era where we thought things were generally gonna be okay. November 2016 even made that already-cringeworthy Hillary episode even more sad and embarrassing.

I thought the latter-half of season 4 and the last season were good though, just nowhere near as good as season 1 and 2.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Anonymous John posted:

The bitch did lie to discredit an alleged rape victim who accused a friend of Dunham, so gently caress her nonetheless.

Well yeah, hold her accountable for poo poo that actually happened, rather than some event that was spun by some lovely right wing publication with the intention of defaming her.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lena wasn't necessarily blaming the footballer but he was freaking out and I chuckle because he didn't want to get Mayella Ewell'd in any case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Groovelord Neato posted:

the chicago pd getting mad is hilarious considering they hosed up their own case by constantly leaking false information to the media.

I love t hat the Jussie case ended like Inside Man. The cops just drop the whole thing because who can be hosed to figure it out