Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eat The Rich posted:

Queer Eye is wonderful. Jonathon Van Ness is my spirit animal.

He annoyed me in season 1, but I like the cut of his jib now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/l7rvS2N9IX0
Trailer Park Boys The Animated Series.

I'm not against this, but the animation is that stuff flash style, and the audio used in the trailer sounds like it was grabbed from various sources of variable quality.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illinois-bill-would-expand-chicagos-netflix-tax-statewide/

The hell is going on in Illinois

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Why not tax Netflix instead?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Franchescanado posted:

Why not tax Netflix instead?

They would, it calls for 1% for customers and a 5% tax on streaming providers gross revenue.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm seeing a thumbnail from a S2 scene of Imposters, but only S1 is up on Netflix. What the hell?

Edit: oh yeah, tonight:

https://twitter.com/SCDiet/status/1109198063250214912?s=20

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 28, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Illinois is literally an example of what conservatives paint a blue state as. High cost of living, lovely government services, and taxes everywhere for everything.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Cold War is now streaming on Amazon Prime and it is good, and sad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Found some rare cut footage from The Dirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6uYfOBx4E

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Is anyone watching season two of The OA? It started off a bit dumb but I just finished episode four and it gets bonkers in ways I did not expect. And yeah, they seem to have abandoned the “movements” thank god.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm about an hour through The Highwaymen on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

veni veni veni posted:

Found some rare cut footage from The Dirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6uYfOBx4E

Keeshtah mahha is such a good song.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cold War is now streaming on Amazon Prime and it is good, and sad.

Saw this in theaters about a month back. Definitely recommend.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

remigious posted:

Is anyone watching season two of The OA? It started off a bit dumb but I just finished episode four and it gets bonkers in ways I did not expect. And yeah, they seem to have abandoned the “movements” thank god.
I really really like this show. I'm only 2 episodes into the second season but I just find its combination of offputting touches of realism and ridiculous fantasy to be very unique and awesome. The end of episode 2 went full David Lynch and I'm just super down for it.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Just got an email from Netflix for something called The Highwaymen. Sounds kinda cool, has anyone heard anything about it?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Just got an email from Netflix for something called The Highwaymen. Sounds kinda cool, has anyone heard anything about it?

I liked it. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson play the two old Texas Rangers brought out of retirement to hunt down Bonny and Clyde.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Cold War is pretty steamy and has great photography.

Also features the absolute best version of Is You Is Or Is You Ain’t My Baby, by Ira Buck Woods

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Something weird going on here though... I think they did some weird processing where background characters get decontrasted. Notice that the bartender is a low contrast foggy gray, almost as if he was blue screened in, whereas the girl in the foreground has high contrast lights and darks. It seems overdone.

(Please ignore banding, it’s a plasma screen)

Edit: boy that ending felt stupid, which is a shame because the other 98% of it was great

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 30, 2019

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Cross-posting from the Comic thread:

If anybody's interested DC's streaming site has a bunch of Batman movies free to watch today only.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/collecti...n-80-watch-free

Of particular note are both Burton Batmans, both Schumacher Batmans, Mask of the Phantasm, Return of the Joker, and Batman Ninja. There's also a number of other ones I've never heard of before so I'm assuming they're all DTV releases.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's some Chinese movie on Prime called Pubescence 2. That's quite a name.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

There's some Chinese movie on Prime called Pubescence 2. That's quite a name.

Apparently it’s part of China’s first major “American Pie” type movie series.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Almost Blue posted:

Cross-posting from the Comic thread:

If anybody's interested DC's streaming site has a bunch of Batman movies free to watch today only.

https://www.dcuniverse.com/collecti...n-80-watch-free

Of particular note are both Burton Batmans, both Schumacher Batmans, Mask of the Phantasm, Return of the Joker, and Batman Ninja. There's also a number of other ones I've never heard of before so I'm assuming they're all DTV releases.

Batman Beyond deserved more than the one movie god drat it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ccs posted:

Apparently it’s part of China’s first major “American Pie” type movie series.

I hope they don't make a prequel then.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

10 Beers posted:

I liked it. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson play the two old Texas Rangers brought out of retirement to hunt down Bonny and Clyde.

I just watched it. It’s super loving pedestrian. Much like The Outsider there’s no tension.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

I just watched it. It’s super loving pedestrian. Much like The Outsider there’s no tension.

Yeah. It's nothing amazing. I had it on while I was working. Still enjoyed it, though.

nopants
May 29, 2004
oa part 2 is good y’all

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I’m still bummed about how dumb Cold War’s ending was

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The dirt is so loving bad it almost circles all the way around.

I guess a Motley Crue biopic being both terrible and entertaining is pretty appropriate. Good god it is so bad though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you've somehow never seen Strangers On a Train or just want to rewatch it, it's on Netflix right now

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

nopants posted:

oa part 2 is good y’all

impossible

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

nopants posted:

oa part 2 is good y’all

I feel like you're trying to trick me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

If you've somehow never seen Strangers On a Train or just want to rewatch it, it's on Netflix right now

Saw it a few weeks ago. Good movie

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I loved OA part 2 also but i loved part 1. Part 2 is crazy and crazier than 1 but there's some really amazing ideas in there.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Wakefield on netflix is peak Cranston. The movie starts off real strong but kind of loses steam towards the end, but its well worth a watch just because of the performance he puts in.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

precision posted:

Hey, aren't you Guy Haines?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pycckuu posted:

Wakefield on netflix is peak Cranston. The movie starts off real strong but kind of loses steam towards the end, but its well worth a watch just because of the performance he puts in.

It bugged me that the movie teases you with how her reaction's gonna be and then denies you.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I loved OA part 2 also but i loved part 1. Part 2 is crazy and crazier than 1 but there's some really amazing ideas in there.

Im only 2 episodes in but so far I agree. The show is wild in a good way.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Went in totally blind on Legend of Cocaine Island and I'm glad it was as ridiculous as it sounded. I liked it since it had the same humor/style as I, Tonya except none of the characters had talent.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I've been watching All American on Netflix. It is about a HS football player who transfers from Crenshaw to Beverly Hills. He lives with a coach there. I watch all football and almost all sports shows. This is from the CW I guess, it has a lot of teen and family drama, but is pretty good. Not FNL, but along those lines, there is actually less football in this one so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Watching Highwaymen right now. Like it, Woody is fun to watch as usual.

Just finished it. It’s a good movie, but nothing special. There are moments of inspiration, such as the very end of the movie which is low on dialogue, but otherwise, a nuts and bolts “dad” movie.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 1, 2019