Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

I forget, did the Kotaku posts have those clickbait titles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Middle-Aged Man Gets Rich From Sucking At Games With One Simple Trick (Gamers Love Him!)

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

I forget, did the Kotaku posts have those clickbait titles?

That link doesn't work.

zari-gani posted:

Middle-Aged Man Gets Rich From Sucking At Games With One Simple Trick (Gamers Love Him!)

:discourse:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

zari-gani posted:

5 Continue Fails That Drove Us Wild In 2018

18 Times That The Kacho OBLITERATED Kibe

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

I see one DVD episode and nothing else, pretty bare channel, mainly filled with...whatever?
I doubt they have any license agreements.

They have several on YT. But this isn't a new development anyway (I believe they started as a Roku channel and people were finding RGM on there), and they put like, effort into the thumbnails for instance, and with all the other stuff they offer, occam's razor says it's licensed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Myron posted:

That link doesn't work.

Oops, it's a youtube playlist that the forum tried to embed: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRnFr8LwSzVnaXUWR2sibl1WnivD3S7po

Deadliest birds in gaming 😂| Ninja Gaiden | Retro Game Master - EP01

This SEGA shooter is hard AF | Super Fantasy Zone | Retro Game Master - EP02

Retro games more gangsta than GTA | Bonanza Bros. | Retro Game Master - EP03

Endless enemy spawns! The hardest puzzle game ever? | Solomon's Key | Retro Game Master - EP04

The OG horror game inspired by Jennifer Connelly | Clock Tower (SNES) | Retro Game Master - EP05

Epic battle of endurance to beat a NES game | Mighty Bomb Jack | Retro Game Master - EP06

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Those are bad video titles.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

He did want that P, though

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I hate it.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So uh, just wanting to gives a heads-up concerning this that SA might not be around in the future.

Do any of you on the translation team have plans to find a new place to keep working/uploading GCCX stuff? I know the SA-GCCX site is still up but I was curious of your future plans cuz I wouldn't want to lose the chance to keep enjoying your wonderful work which is frankly the only reason nowadays I come back to SA.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Man, gently caress those whiny rear end twitter haters in the comments.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oops, it's a youtube playlist that the forum tried to embed: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRnFr8LwSzVnaXUWR2sibl1WnivD3S7po

Deadliest birds in gaming 😂| Ninja Gaiden | Retro Game Master - EP01

This SEGA shooter is hard AF | Super Fantasy Zone | Retro Game Master - EP02

Retro games more gangsta than GTA | Bonanza Bros. | Retro Game Master - EP03

Endless enemy spawns! The hardest puzzle game ever? | Solomon's Key | Retro Game Master - EP04

The OG horror game inspired by Jennifer Connelly | Clock Tower (SNES) | Retro Game Master - EP05

Epic battle of endurance to beat a NES game | Mighty Bomb Jack | Retro Game Master - EP06

Aaaand I have cancer.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

FinalGamer posted:

Do any of you on the translation team have plans to find a new place to keep working/uploading GCCX stuff? I know the SA-GCCX site is still up but I was curious of your future plans cuz I wouldn't want to lose the chance to keep enjoying your wonderful work which is frankly the only reason nowadays I come back to SA.

I wouldn't worry too much, if poo poo hits the fan, there's Twitter to reorganize and the website, also I think there was some email address as well. Or even nyaa comments if everything else fails.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

makere posted:

I wouldn't worry too much, if poo poo hits the fan, there's Twitter to reorganize and the website, also I think there was some email address as well. Or even nyaa comments if everything else fails.
Yeah you're right, the SA-GCCX team'll still be around and I completely forgot they had a twitter too! :)

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I’ve been playing Retro Game Challenge 2 recently, and I feel really bad for Urakawa!
The poor guy’s sitting in a pool of his own tears counting a million game carts, and the count is always just one off, and I just wanna tell him it’s gonna be okay! Take a nap buddy, I’ll fix this!

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

FinalGamer posted:

So uh, just wanting to gives a heads-up concerning this that SA might not be around in the future.

Lowtax's patreon is bringing in $15,000 a month. That's gotta keep the lights on for a little while at least.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Lowtax's patreon is bringing in $15,000 a month. That's gotta keep the lights on for a little while at least.

Rather sensibly Lowtax will probably spend a lot of the money on attempting to stay alive in a non-bedridden fashion, so who knows about that. All that can reasonably be done is then done though.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Rather sensibly Lowtax will probably spend a lot of the money on attempting to stay alive in a non-bedridden fashion, so who knows about that. All that can reasonably be done is then done though.

Being bedridden sounds a lot better than wasting it all on lining the XenForo people's pockets. With something as menial as forums software you'd think getting off the vBulletin death train would be the perfect time for moving to a free software solution instead of the very same type of proprietary PHP garbage you're running from (created by the very same people).

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Just thought I'd share this site I found, this guy puts up all the new untranslated episodes. I used to get them from gccxraws.blogspot.com but they don't really update anymore.

http://ngenerals.blogspot.com/

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

On March 30th, a special episode reflecting on the show's overseas trips to Korea, Cannes, America, Cambodia, Paris and Vietnam will air, with an "Important News " ice cream corner as well.

Bet a dollar it's about another overseas trip.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Kakaricho posted:

On March 30th, a special episode reflecting on the show's overseas trips to Korea, Cannes, America, Cambodia, Paris and Vietnam will air, with an "Important News " ice cream corner as well.

Bet a dollar it's about another overseas trip.

I hope Arino goes to space

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Find the furthest arcade from the surface of the earth.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Fred is on posted:

I hope Arino goes to space

"They don't speak Japanese there, I don't wanna go".

(By his own admission, Arino dislikes going to places where people don't speak Japanese.)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kakaricho posted:

(By his own admission, Arino dislikes going to places where people don't speak Japanese.)

Easy solution: hang around total weebs like us wherever he goes. He wouldn't even have to make arrangements, we'll find him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm going to put my money on Australia where they make Arino play Tekken against a kangaroo.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

univbee posted:

Easy solution: hang around total weebs like us wherever he goes. He wouldn't even have to make arrangements, we'll find him.

Court says I have to stay a certain distance away from him these days.

Vamino
Oct 21, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

I'm going to put my money on Australia where they make Arino play Tekken against a kangaroo.

Which one is forced to play Roger?

While I would be beyond stoked to see him come down here, we practically have no arcades at all. They'd have to figure a hell of a gimmick out.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I hold out hope for the time they drag him to Galloping Ghost since it's one of the biggest arcades in the world because I will haul rear end out there.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Kakaricho posted:

A Japanese billionaire bought out all the seats on SpaceX's first flight to the moon in their upcoming vehicle and his plan is to take around 100 artists with him.
So there's a very real (if unlikely) possibility that Arino could go to space and the people would speak Japanese.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just imagining a ship full of rich nerds in Char costumes now

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If an AD threw a cooling pad across the ship, would they be able to stick it to Arino's forehead?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Bloodplay it again posted:

If an AD threw a cooling pad across the ship, would they be able to stick it to Arino's forehead?

Really shouldn't give Kan ideas.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Kakaricho posted:

Maybe Brazil? There's a decent minority of Japanese speakers and he could try out some of the weird exclusive Sega games they got over there.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The crew is off to Russia next, and maybe working with a local orchestra as well.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 31, 2019

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

drat, I’m not going there.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

The crew is off to Russia next, and maybe working with a local orchestra as well.

Who else is going? Please tell me a cop and a doctor.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

They just need to bribe someone from the Russian Mafia and they'll be fine.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
People travel there and back all the time and tourism is common, it's not North Korea or anything as far as foreign visitors are concerned.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kanfy posted:

People travel there and back all the time and tourism is common, it's not North Korea or anything as far as foreign visitors are concerned.

Yeah, there's no concern with tourism or shooting a television show there. Now, if Arino wanted to build his own arcade...

The real question is what game do they play as the challenge. Strider has been done, so the next obvious one is Rush 'n Attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, there's no concern with tourism or shooting a television show there. Now, if Arino wanted to build his own arcade...

The real question is what game do they play as the challenge. Strider has been done, so the next obvious one is Rush 'n Attack.

They already did Karnov too. How many other Russia-themed retro games are there