Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
love the walkoff wild pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

BasicFunk posted:

Someone got screwed on a replay call involving the Braves and it wasn't the Braves? drat!

Well actually it saved the Phillies from a 3-run DANSBOMB, so the Braves DID get screwed!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

28 runs in 3 games. 2 losses. Noice.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The most cub way to lose

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
LOL Cubs.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

lol cubs

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
hey, Ender loving something up, that's new

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Good news, he wasn't hit

yeah, sounds like even the Braves homers are admitting that, Gameday just made it look like he took it in the head

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
That was the most Cubs loss.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Is it still Cubsposting if all the doomsaying is accurate? :thunk:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Mariners would be 6-0 with an outstanding run differential over two 2018 playoff teams if they'd just kept Edwin Diaz

Whatever man I'm rolling with it, nothing matters lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Hey maybe it would have been a good idea to sign some bullpen arms this offseason.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
the rangers are good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

im melting down

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
And the Braves get a run on a passed ball, obviously

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jesus, this ESPN broadcast is just the Bryce Harper fan club.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Every time a Braves pitcher walks somebody i'm going to kick henry aaron in the balls. Think of the king, Kyle

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
cutch owns

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

And the lead is wiped out immediately.

Y'all the Braves are real bad.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
McCutchen

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Harper isn’t even the best outfielder on the Phillies lmao I’m so sick of the hype train for him

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Every time a Braves pitcher walks somebody i'm going to kick henry aaron in the balls. Think of the king, Kyle

Aaron does not take poo poo and is not above just loving someone's day up so personally I'd go for Dale Murphy maybe

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I don't think you get to call it a hustle double when you stare at it for that long.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Every time Bryce Harper grabs a bat ESPN collectively fills their slacks with cum

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
arod is so uncomfortable lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1112504858924462086

:imunfunny:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope the next Philly tradition is them bowing out in the NLDS like Harper's old team

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha, Wright makes the mistake of pitching to Harper and gives up a double, so he immediately goes back to the walk strategy with Hoskins.

actually amazed he didn't walk Realmuto and hung in for the double play.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

No one in this game can throw a strike

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think Gausman is like the only Brave who can find the strike zone at this point, since Foltynewicz is dead

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
all this pageantry around the 3rd and 4th best teams in the NL East is good for the sport

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Kyle Wright is about to fall apart, his fastball has had less life than Nipsey Hussle and his moving pitches are way off

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
lol. Love the Odubel as a revolutionary soldier graphics package.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wright's actually doing very well but I'm worried about the upcoming third trip through the lineup.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Kyle Wright is about to fall apart, his fastball has had less life than Nipsey Hussle and his moving pitches are way off

gotta go with "too soon" on this one

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ESPN's audio/video are out of sync just enough to be bothersome

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao at how wrecked by steroids gabe kapler's voice is

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Donaldson is washed and needs a haircut

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Braves' big 23 million dollar free agency prize ladies and gentlemen, washed up white trash looking has been

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Donaldson is washed and needs a haircut

yeah, he does not look like he is with it yet and in fact looks like he may not be with it any time soon or ever again

fortunately Freddie Freeman is hitting in the mid-.600s and will surely continue to do so for the rest of the season.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

while we're at it, Nick Markakis also looks finished, so i guess that covers the two "free agent acquisitions"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cheese on steak :thunk: