Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Duke?
gently caress Duke
gently caress Duke
gently caress Duke
gently caress Duke
View Results

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress Tom Izzo Too

Zion is admittedly cool, drat, I hope the Hawks get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao RJ Barret

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

YOU BEAT ME YOU SON OF A BITCH

ALSO gently caress DUKE

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Counterpoint: gently caress State

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress State

I mean, this ain't a, "Go Izzo" thread, we're staying positive here.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
checkbox poll

voted all

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Did I say gently caress Duke?

gently caress Duke

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Probably Magic posted:

I mean, this ain't a, "Go Izzo" thread, we're staying positive here.

Don't get me wrong, seeing Duke get hosed is p sweet

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.J. Barrett is really overrated FYI

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hmm yeah gently caress Duke.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Happy Duke Elimination Day everyone!

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Fun game, gently caress Duke

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

War drat Eagle

(gently caress Duke)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

(Also gently caress Texas Tech)

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
gently caress DUKE!

GO HEELS!!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

gently caress Duke and gently caress Sparty

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I. M. Gei posted:

(Also gently caress Texas Tech)

idgi?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Auburn is good, I guess?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Their coach was a Bobby Knight assistant for about a decade.

Also gently caress duke

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crazy Ted posted:

Their coach was a Bobby Knight assistant for about a decade.

Also gently caress duke

Yikes, Bobby Knight's dickheadedness is contagious?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

BasicFunk posted:

gently caress DUKE!

GO HEELS!!

let's not get carried away there

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

while we're doing gently caress duke, gently caress chris collins

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

while we're doing gently caress duke, gently caress chris collins
Well in that case then gently caress steve wojciechowski

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
"gently caress Grayson Allen" is implied, right? gently caress Greg Paulus too

Johnny Dawkins is cool as hell though

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

"gently caress Grayson Allen" is implied, right? gently caress Greg Paulus too

Johnny Dawkins is cool as hell though
gently caress a plumlee or three

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
i think on the all-time gently caress Duke ranks, it's a toss-up between Grayson and Christian Laettner, right? And then Wojo, Hurley, Scheyer, and Paulus are all sort of jostling for position beneath that (also JJ Redick, even if he ended up being tolerable, almost borderline likeable in the pros). Also underrated these days but an extremely annoying dickhead in his own right: Danny Ferry.

Have there been good and generally beloved Dukies other than Zion? Grant Hill? Dawkins I guess?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

elentar posted:

i think on the all-time gently caress Duke ranks, it's a toss-up between Grayson and Christian Laettner, right? And then Wojo, Hurley, Scheyer, and Paulus are all sort of jostling for position beneath that (also JJ Redick, even if he ended up being tolerable, almost borderline likeable in the pros). Also underrated these days but an extremely annoying dickhead in his own right: Danny Ferry.

Have there been good and generally beloved Dukies other than Zion? Grant Hill? Dawkins I guess?

luol deng and the most enjoyable duke player of all time carlos boozer

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

elentar posted:

i think on the all-time gently caress Duke ranks, it's a toss-up between Grayson and Christian Laettner, right?
The problem with Laettner is that the one guy (Andy Bagwell???) in the I Hate Christian Laettner 30 for 30 was so utterly and incredibly annoying that it almost made me like Laettner out of spite.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

elentar posted:

As mentioned above, Luol, Hill and Dawkins, but also Battier, Brand and Maggette. Dunleavy Jr. was kind of bland, and JJ was hated in college but mostly because he was good (and clutch), not for any sort of on-court antics.

Also gently caress Shelden Williams for marrying and then divorcing our queen Candace Parker

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

As mentioned above, Luol, Hill and Dawkins, but also Battier, Brand and Maggette. Dunleavy Jr. was kind of bland, and JJ was hated in college but mostly because he was good (and clutch), not for any sort of on-court antics.

Also gently caress Shelden Williams for marrying and then divorcing our queen Candace Parker
Battier needs to be up there because when he was at Duke the Dukies wouldn't shut up about how many charges he took and FUNDAMENTALZ

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know if Kyrie is canceled for being a flat earther yet, but when I think "actually likable Duke player," I think him, but he really didn't seem to belong.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress. duke.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

The problem with Laettner is that the one guy (Andy Bagwell???) in the I Hate Christian Laettner 30 for 30 was so utterly and incredibly annoying that it almost made me like Laettner out of spite.

I met Laettner about a year after that when he was conducting a youth basketball camp. He was selling "I Still Love Laettner" shirts and was giggling that the 30 for 30 had helped his bank account. I think he's had financial issues in recent years, though.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
gently caress Michigan State
gently caress Duke even more though

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Two or three years ago, I went to bed early the Sunday of the Round of 32 because I had an early morning flight. While trying to sleep, I heard a phone notification that could only mean one thing: Duke might lose. After brief debate, I watched South Carolina beat them.

Relaying this to the TSA guy, he said "Oh, I have to be up earlier than you, and I still watched it because Duke sucks."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Came across this and welp

https://mobile.twitter.com/cjane87/status/1112771941650391040

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

What the actual gently caress

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

You all are forgetting Cherokee Parks in your Worst Dookies lists

Also Scheyer will always be worst to me, because he wasn’t just an annoying whitey but he went to Glenbrook North before Duke

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Go Duke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hahaha, that dude
  • the one who thinks Saddam Hussein was behind the Oklahoma City bombing
  • the one who tried to sue Hugo Chavez and the government of Iran for 10 trillion dollars
  • the one who Roy Moore keeps on retainer to, among other things, sue Sacha Baron Cohen for defamation and "emotional distress"
  • the one who got rung up for failure to pay child support (later dismissed after he paid) and who was found "on more than one occasion to have acted in a grossly inappropriate manner with [his] children"
  • the one who can hardly open his mouth without saying something violently Islamophobic (see even the article snippet above)
that's the dude who thinks it's good Duke lost because they've drifted too far left? sorry they keep Fredric Jameson on the payroll, my guy, but outside of Literature and a few other departments with no pull in the wider university, you'd have a tough time making a case that they're any sort of haven of radical thought.