Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I buy that

##vote merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, that ain't air tight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those air tight D1 cases

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Those air tight D1 cases

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, that ain't air tight.

the one common hallmark of a day 1 case is that it's bad

but hey, stumbling into scum happens

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm talking about air tight reasoning, not air tight cases.

Opop seeing merk doing something in the past and then not doing it now isn't enough. Did merk ALWAYS do it? Did he ever do it as scum? Is there maybe the fact merk might have taken a break from playing mafia that might have changed his playstyle?

Opop trying to make that point is lazy and relying onan old merketa - that wasn't even true - of him being some sort or robot mafia player. Fisk goin g with it is equally lazy but a little bit worse.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also this is a dumber point, but I always forget about discord until someone makes me use it for a game. The fact that merk is suddenly using it again pinged me

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Retro Futurist posted:

Also this is a dumber point, but I always forget about discord until someone makes me use it for a game. The fact that merk is suddenly using it again pinged me

That's curious. As far as I know, town didn't get a discord invite.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

General mafia discord opop was clear about that too.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It could be role related or he could just legitimately want to join the main discord, so it wasn't enough for me to vote earlier, but coupled with this it is

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It is, just a joking one, which I've seen you immediately and doggedly vote for time and again

I can't remember a single game where I took a joke comment like that as a scum tell, let alone doing it time and time again.

THAT SAID, if you're just trying to kickstart the game, it's not a bad early d1 prod.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It could be role related or he could just legitimately want to join the main discord, so it wasn't enough for me to vote earlier, but coupled with this it is

It's unrelated to the game. I left the general mafia discord after getting overmad at Fisk's game two games ago.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm talking about air tight reasoning, not air tight cases.

Opop seeing merk doing something in the past and then not doing it now isn't enough. Did merk ALWAYS do it? Did he ever do it as scum? Is there maybe the fact merk might have taken a break from playing mafia that might have changed his playstyle?

Opop trying to make that point is lazy and relying onan old merketa - that wasn't even true - of him being some sort or robot mafia player. Fisk goin g with it is equally lazy but a little bit worse.

This is odd. How are you sure it's not true of my meta? I can't recall doing it (it seems more like a Lumpen thing to do). However, calling it 'lazy' sI think is a stretch. You aren't thinking about the intent behind what Opo is doing and taking into context that we are so early in d1.

Moreover, I'm not even sure whether you're calling Opo or Fisk scum here. You're just kind of half lashing out at them while defending me without actually telling me what you think about alignment.

##vote Amoeba

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

It's unrelated to the game. I left the general mafia discord after getting overmad at Fisk's game two games ago.

What made the game so maddening?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

What made the game so maddening?

Go read the Discussion Thread if you truly care. It is of no consequence to this game and will deter from good discussion if brought up again.

What do you think of my Amoeba vote?

What do you think of Opo's vote on me?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Go read the Discussion Thread if you truly care. It is of no consequence to this game and will deter from good discussion if brought up again.

What do you think of my Amoeba vote?

What do you think of Opo's vote on me?

My bad.

Opop’s vote is empty meta poo poo I can’t even parse.

I can see your reasoning on Amobea - because you are very articulate - but I do not find it compelling.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok! Who do you think is scum and why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

##vote SolusLunes this is not a jokephase vote. He’s just jumping on what merk said and Hal agreed with.

Is this it?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Is this it?

It is, from that post to current moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Also, thank you for calling my writing articulate. I joined mafia originally to become a better, more persuasive writer (computer engineer turned lawyer).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
like comment and subscribe for more mafia content lmao

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think Merk took an internet statement and made a fairly accurate read of it. I think people who say I am scum claiming are using bad reasoning, and I think people voting Merk for not voting on a 'scum claim' are also using bad reasoning to come to that conclusion. Maybe fisk is the worst for just commenting 'I buy that', but I think that GK also read that very unfavourably and seems unconcerned with actually finding scum and more concerned with finding out who's lunch today.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I think Merk took an internet statement and made a fairly accurate read of it. I think people who say I am scum claiming are using bad reasoning, and I think people voting Merk for not voting on a 'scum claim' are also using bad reasoning to come to that conclusion. Maybe fisk is the worst for just commenting 'I buy that', but I think that GK also read that very unfavourably and seems unconcerned with actually finding scum and more concerned with finding out who's lunch today.

*reads George Kansas’ posts*

What are talking about? He’s barely posted anything at all. I have no idea how you can extrapolate “finding out who’s lunch today” from a vote that was a hmmm followed by voting for you in what was, it appeared to me, a jokephase vote, considering it came directly after your own vote, which was also a joke.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Directly after your own post*

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think hmmms or thunk faces ever indicate jokes and I don't read them like that.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

People can disagree with you without being scum, toalpaz

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I don't think hmmms or thunk faces ever indicate jokes and I don't read them like that.

:thunk:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote toalpaz

I'm pretty sure this is a joke from GK in response to a joke. GK's next post is also a joke.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

People can disagree with you without being scum, toalpaz

This could be true, but it might not be.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toal, if you think Fisk is the scummiest person in the interactions relating to your post, why aren't you voting Fisk?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Toal, if you think Fisk is the scummiest person in the interactions relating to your post, why aren't you voting Fisk?

Habitual fence sitter, but once they’re off, good luck moving them

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I haven't really decided who to tunnel yet. I've really had my confidence shaken recently. But yeah votes do progress the game. ##vote GK

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

I've really had my confidence shaken recently.

"And because I'm lacking confidence, I've decided to go with a power move by 'scum claiming' in my 2nd post of the game."

##vote Toalpaz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

merk (2): A Sometimes Food, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Toalpaz (2): George Kansas, Infinitum
Lynch No One! (1): fool_of_sound
Amoeba102 (1): merk
Dick Bastardly (1): merk, SolusLunes, merk
SolusLunes (1): Infinitum, Infinitum, Jon Joe
George Kansas (1): Infinitum, Toalpaz, Infinitum
Infinitum (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (6): Amoeba102, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, kaschei

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2019 at 10:10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

This is odd. How are you sure it's not true of my meta? I can't recall doing it (it seems more like a Lumpen thing to do). However, calling it 'lazy' sI think is a stretch. You aren't thinking about the intent behind what Opo is doing and taking into context that we are so early in d1.

Moreover, I'm not even sure whether you're calling Opo or Fisk scum here. You're just kind of half lashing out at them while defending me without actually telling me what you think about alignment.

##vote Amoeba

You are failing to read the implications. When I'm saying lazy, I'm saying he isn't trying to find scum and juat took an easy position to look like he had an opinion / is scumhunting. Saying Fisk is worse, is saying he was scummier.

How is not your meta? You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you, or point to something that doesn't fit an idea of you being perfect and claim it is a scum tell.
Bringing up needinbg discord is a other tongue in cheek means of going hey merk is scum because he needs to chat oot, and it's really an underhanded way of pointing out suspicion. So that guy that did that after opop is suss too. Opop is as well, i misread him bringing it up at first.

Also i have to phonepost despute being laid up at home because the internet is out. So I'm not going to fix my typoes and I'm not going to post long rambles like this all the time either.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Fix your E key Amoeba

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would like to hear some more from people with less than 10 posts, but specifically would like to hear from fool_of_sound

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Fix your E key Amoeba

I'm phoneposting for the meantime. You'll kniw when I'm not when all the e's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm back, was busy today.

I'm rereading now. Looks like jokephase is puttering out so I will endeavour not to shitpost.