Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJ7ET3iGP0

Weird drum production rules so much harder than triggered time-aligned over-produced nonsense.

i'm gonna take a wild guess that forums poster mrbling isn't in favour of overtriggered too modern sounding drums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AdHJurX0yVA

This is a really nice song

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Pickles posted:

That was the case both times I went to see behemoth and I have since decided they are not a good band to see live.

this is a bizarre thing because Behemoth are loving spectacular live, I've seen them like 4 or 5 times now

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress this gimmick poo poo and gently caress you.

loving lmao @ getting mad at silly joke covers

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn “u mad” jokes ITYOOL 2019.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Nordick posted:

to me, that stuff is stupid even though it's not meant to be taken seriously

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nordick posted:

i'm fine with people liking things like this, i'm just tired of seeing this type of buzzfeed rear end promoted content posted here or anywhere

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Let’s just agree to agree here

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

this should be the background of the metal thread honestly

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Leo Moracchioli owns, you son of a motherless goat

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

KozmoNaut posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJ7ET3iGP0

Weird drum production rules so much harder than triggered time-aligned over-produced nonsense.

I'm no drummist but I'm pretty sure that in the song I posted the drums are 200% triggered and they just chose the worst sounding samples they could find for whatever reason.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

A human heart posted:

to me, that stuff is stupid even though it's not meant to be taken seriously

Vulture Culture posted:

i'm fine with people liking things like this, i'm just tired of seeing this type of buzzfeed rear end promoted content posted here or anywhere

It is stupid, no argument there. Thing is, it's entertainment and entertainment is allowed to be stupid every once in a while.

And I'm fine with people not liking it - Hell, I don't even really like that particular joke cover myself - but if someone gets their knickers in such a twist over it that they start going "gently caress you" at people just for posting it, then drat right I'm gonna mock them for that. Because getting upset by such innocuous poo poo is dumb as hell.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Honestly I only really like a few of his covers here and there, but from what I've seen he seems like a genuinely cool and fun dude, and I wish him success.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I do not like that guy, but I do like Eric Calderone even though he's like a smurf or a teletubbie or smthing

Bertrand Hustle posted:

this is a bizarre thing because Behemoth are loving spectacular live, I've seen them like 4 or 5 times now

Well IDK, really. The main problem was the "wall of sound" effect where I could barely recognise what I heard, so I mainly blame the sound engineers

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

so devin townsend is michael jackson now, cool.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

The King of Pop? :ohdear:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I mean, watch the video, I can't even.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrBling posted:

I'm no drummist but I'm pretty sure that in the song I posted the drums are 200% triggered and they just chose the worst sounding samples they could find for whatever reason.

Meh, it sounds fine.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

MrBling posted:

It sounds like the same snare sample Dave Suzuki used on Dechristianize

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Pickles posted:

I do not like that guy, but I do like Eric Calderone even though he's like a smurf or a teletubbie or smthing

Well IDK, really. The main problem was the "wall of sound" effect where I could barely recognise what I heard, so I mainly blame the sound engineers

maybe the sound guys at your venue sucked because Behemoth has always sounded amazing when I've seen them

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I saw them one time in an indoor venue and the other time was open air. IDK, really.

lol this is cool, not sure if its a repost tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7OayWLT8gg

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 31, 2019

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Bertrand Hustle posted:

maybe the sound guys at your venue sucked because Behemoth has always sounded amazing when I've seen them
They sounded like poo poo when I saw them at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, too. I can back the pretty good sound quality comparison against Nile made earlier in the thread because Nile played after

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Vintersorg posted:

Rammstein just dropped their new single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQM1c-XCDc

I like this song and I like this video. That is all.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Shamelessly pimping a list I made over on Sputnik, I listen to a pants on head amount of music every month and I'm trying to stay as up to date as I can on 2019 releases so check out what you've maybe missed.

Edit: have an adblock on, last I heard Sput is a hellscape without it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Man, rating Frozen Crown lower than Bloodbound? Gotta say, our tastes in power metal have some significant differences. Currently checking out Elvenpath from your list, and I much prefer this over Bloodbound, too.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Idk dude, Bloodbound is like my favorite power metal album in recent memory

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mr. Pickles posted:

That was the case both times I went to see behemoth and I have since decided they are not a good band to see live. Contrary to other bands of similar musical complexity who are destroying everything live, such as Nile

I can't relate to this at all. Behemoth back in 2015 was one of the very best if not the best metal gigs I've ever been to, it was loving flawless. I guess you just got unlucky.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Behemoth is bad on albums I can't imagine how much worse they would be live.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Actually, that band you like sucks on albums and live. Owned.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Behemoth is bad on albums I can't imagine how much worse they would be live.

for real

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

nice meltdowns

Nazzadan posted:

Shamelessly pimping a list I made over on Sputnik, I listen to a pants on head amount of music every month and I'm trying to stay as up to date as I can on 2019 releases so check out what you've maybe missed.

Edit: have an adblock on, last I heard Sput is a hellscape without it

Man, seeing Sputnik is giving me a nostalgia heart attack god damnnnnn

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A site so untouched by time the trademark still says 2016

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Nazzadan posted:

Ultar, great blackgaze

Oh drat, thanks for the heads up, their first album was great and I don't normally like blackgaze.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Shamelessly plugging my own band since our EP from last year just got added to Spotify and other streaming services.
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/745xJy1udG29dh6SXs5ZiI?si=zhi906kyQiaWsZuDTr35aA
Bandcamp: https://loputonsuo.bandcamp.com/

Mostly black, with hints of death and doom.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Late to the Rammstein chat but I've loved them unironically for over 20 years now and don't intend to stop. Their live shows are the best (only seen them once though).

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress this gimmick poo poo and gently caress you.

I think i am going to frame this post and hang it on my wall, it cracks me up every time I see it

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mr. Pickles posted:

I think i am going to frame this post and hang it on my wall, it cracks me up every time I see it

It would make a good thread title

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I unironically enjoy Leo Moracchioli's cover of "Zombie", fight me

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Groke posted:

Late to the Rammstein chat but I've loved them unironically for over 20 years now and don't intend to stop. Their live shows are the best (only seen them once though).

I'm excited because they're almost certainly going to tour the states next year and it will be my fifth time seeing them, but I'm planning on bringing my children so that loving Rammstein can be their first real concert experience.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
That's parenting!

I feel like a success when I get the kids jumping around to old Iron Maiden while I'm cooking dinner for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My six year old loves :regd10: