Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Thinking about it, Borderlands 3 absolutely will have microtransactions in the same way BL2 did, remember the heads and character skin packs for each character, they were bundled in with the Handsome Collection like all the other content but they were sold for around $1 for each head/skin per character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Judge Tesla posted:

I've been doing a new run as Maya and her 3rd tree just destroys everything, the fart cloud that spawns ontop of enemies just melts them and anything that runs into it, shout out to Blight Phoenix for destroying anything that comes into melee range.

Both were buffed to hell a few years ago. Before that they were borderline useless, especially the cloud. (I don't like the phoenix wings because they set off nearby barrels).

orcane posted:

I tried to replay TPS but I don't really like any of the characters/playstyles and the beginning really, really sucks. Maybe I should just try BL2 again.

Athena's loving awesome, but as usual with borderlands you only start to see that around tvhm.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
getting a decent shield with good recharge rate made the solo part a lot more tolerable so far

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

orcane posted:

I tried to replay TPS but I don't really like any of the characters/playstyles and the beginning really, really sucks. Maybe I should just try BL2 again.

I bailed on TPS and feel a little bad about it but it was so boring. I don’t even remember which non-claptrap character I chose.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

Both were buffed to hell a few years ago. Before that they were borderline useless, especially the cloud. (I don't like the phoenix wings because they set off nearby barrels).

Athena's loving awesome, but as usual with borderlands you only start to see that around tvhm.
The only time I played through the game right after release was with Athena, it was okay but nowhere near the fun I had with Maya or Gaige in BL2.

And yeah the corrosive cloud skill on Maya was bad and weak for the longest time, and setting off barrels really sucks in higher difficulties, but at least they do damage now. My favourite parts of Maya are how short you can get the phaselock cooldown, the fact that you can get it to apply slag (so you don't have to carry/switch to slag weapons) and the self-healing stuff that is pointless in normal and TVHM but very helpful in UVHM and OP levels.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Currently replaying TPS as Fragtrap and his special sucks, it's always a really bad one. My first play through was with Jack and I never ran out of bullets ever with that one perk that gives free shots.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Otacon posted:

Currently replaying TPS as Fragtrap and his special sucks, it's always a really bad one. My first play through was with Jack and I never ran out of bullets ever with that one perk that gives free shots.

Hit me up and we can fragtrap together :v::respek::v: he’s alright but he’s no jack

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I can attest to 4 Fragtraps being the ideal way to play TPS

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Is there seriously no way to pre-order Borderlands GOTY on PS4?

I mean, I kinda wanted a physical copy anyway, but when I dragged my rear end to Gamestop earlier they were all “you can’t actually pre-order this and we only have two copies per system. I guess show up early?”

I mean, I live in the bleeding edge of nowhere, so I highly doubt there’ll be a line of any sort, but it still pisses me off.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

orcane posted:

I found this first time round a bit after release, but I'm trying it again now as Jack and it seems to get more fun after an hour or so once you've got some weapon variety. You seem to get your class ability quicker than in BL1 or 2 as well which helps. I quite like airborne element to fights, and the bigger and more vertical spaces you've got due to that.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I actually played through TPS as Aurelia, because sniping is actually good and fun in TPS (as opposed to 2 where it is very much not good or fun)

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I got some kind of railgun laser rifle early on in TPS and it isn't quite a sniper rifle, but you can pretty much use it as one and it's super fun, especially inside atmosphere where it makes people catch fire. It's a nice middle ground.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
The lasers do work well as pseudo snipers, I enjoyed TPS for one plathrough as Jack but I’d never play it for longer. Jack really breaks everything with his clones though.

Also The spaceship fight is loving awful

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 31, 2019

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

I solo'd TPS as Athena, though having a shield that eventually worked as a heal button certainly helped. Were it not for my other half having a justified hate-on for Claptrap, I'd have played though as Doppel-Jack. (Her ex got sucked up enough into BL2 that he made Claptrap his ringtone for EVERYTHING, and thus, constantly hearing the same quotes drove her nuts).

Gaige is still the best way to solo BL2, however.

Also, good lord, I am more excited to play as the new Siren then I have any right to be.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I went with Nisha in TPS and she got pretty uber by the end. You don't even need to engage with the double pistols as much, you can just go Riflewoman if you find good assault rifles instead of pistols.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Her tombstone ability was busted, iirc. chainable guaranteed crits

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Mazz posted:

The lasers do work well as pseudo snipers, I enjoyed TPS for one plathrough as Jack but I’d never play it for longer. Jack really breaks everything with his clones though.

Also The spaceship fight is loving awful

In MP eos fight is a drat joke because half the projectiles don’t render and you just end up in FFYL. The jack clones work well throughout the game in comparison to axton’s turrets that draw aggro and slag in uhvm. What a mistake to start BL2 as Axton.

Crasical posted:

I actually played through TPS as Aurelia, because sniping is actually good and fun in TPS (as opposed to 2 where it is very much not good or fun)

Cryo makes sniping much more tolerable than a sniper zer0.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I played through TPS this weekend woth Nisha. And flew through the Claptrap dlc today, she's ok at early levels but once some of her skills start to work together later on I was just clearing rooms

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Crasical posted:

They finally made a great sniping character with Aurelia. She's my favourite TPS character.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The problem with any borderlands hero is that the have to match brick hauling four bazookas around and pulling rockets out of his but and very few of them can match that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guess I'm gonna play this. Oh well.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

One thing I'm kinda hoping for BL3 is the ability to have a vehicle or something that I can always summon whenever. Let them keep the catch a ride thing if they want for 3 but let me be able to summon a little scooter or bike or something while I'm out in the wastelands. Would just make things a lot easier imo.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
My one wish is that it won't be made by the same people who did TPS. Less Aussie boring garbage and more like BL2. I won't get excited until the character designs are released anyways.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Monolith. posted:

My one wish is that it won't be made by the same people who did TPS. Less Aussie boring garbage and more like BL2. I won't get excited until the character designs are released anyways.

That studio is no more so, outlook pretty good.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I'm hoping for instanced loot and ledge grabbing ala Apex/Titanfall

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm hoping for not poo poo drop rates and or the fun effects going onto randomized loot instead of being locked to only the rarest loot.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully I can get a crew together to play through normal & tvhm with at least. Also if anyone ever wants to play 2 or tps hit me up. Ok bye

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Definitely looking forward to this. Hopefully I can get a crew together to play through normal & tvhm with at least. Also if anyone ever wants to play 2 or tps hit me up. Ok bye

I’m down to group up for 3 when it comes out

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Is it gonna be on steam? I haven't seen anything on the store about it.

BL2 was the last physical copy game I ever purchased incidentally.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Is it gonna be on steam? I haven't seen anything on the store about it.

BL2 was the last physical copy game I ever purchased incidentally.

platforms unannounced. fear the worst.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bl3, ouya exclusive

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The main thing I would like see changed for BL3 is having two slots for equipping relics and splitting them into defensive/offensive categories.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I thought we might get armor pieces as gear slots. So far it doesn't look that way.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rinkles posted:

It's going to be always-online, so their microtransaction lootboosters won't have to compete with cheatengine.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rinkles posted:

Lookin forward to the 3DO version myself.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
During the montage near the end of the trailer. You can see that one of the character's isn't running but sliding forward if you watch at a slower speed.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

OhFunny posted:

During the montage near the end of the trailer. You can see that one of the character's isn't running but sliding forward if you watch at a slower speed.

Really hope that’s a base feature and not character specific

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

More than one character is shown sliding in the trailer

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yesss give me apex movement and pinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaysette posted:

Yesss give me apex movement

Hah, that I don't expect. (or jetpacks, what a regression)