Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
https://abc13.com/food/cicis-pizza-challenges-you-to-eat-28-inch-pizza-to-win-$500/5222582/

KATY, Texas (KTRK) -- Can you finish a 28-inch pizza in 1 hour? Grab your eating buddy and take the challenge at Cici's Pizza in Katy.

The rules are that you and one partner have one hour to eat a 28-inch one topping pizza. You will each be given a 32 oz. drink.

You have to eat the whole pizza, crust and all. There are no trips to the restroom and you have to hold it all down until at least two minutes after you finish.

It costs $50 to enter, but if you complete the challenge, you win $500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Based on the physique of the average CiCis patron, I think 28 inch pizza may not be enough for even one customer let alone two.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Lmao what, a partner? I could do a 28 inch pizza by myself bitch

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

el dingo posted:

Lmao what, a partner? I could do a 28 inch pizza by myself bitch

Have you ever eaten a 28 inch pizza? Surface area doesn't scale linearly to diameter, a 28 inch pizza is equivalent to 4 large pizzas (14 inch diameter).

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The prize is $500, they definitely expect people to pull it off. Have you seen some of these competitive eaters? They'll happily destroy something like this just to make a YouTube vid; an actual prize is just a bonus.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Between two people I think I could pull it off.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tip posted:

Have you ever eaten a 28 inch pizza? Surface area doesn't scale linearly to diameter, a 28 inch pizza is equivalent to 4 large pizzas (14 inch diameter).

Step aside, dork.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Tip posted:

Never tell me the odds.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well i just finished a 30 inch pizza, but i guess i could find room...

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna put it in my BUTT!!! :D

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

You aren't allowed to use the bathroom during the hour, given the quality of CiCi's pizza I have to assume multiple people will poo poo their pants while eating this.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
so you're saying cici's will give me $500 to do my normal lunchtime routine there

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I don’t understand how anyone can stand an inch of cicis let alone 28

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
sounds like a great first date for the unsuspecting tinder gal

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
cici ya later heh heh

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
50 bux for a lovely pizza sounds like some kind of a ripoff to me.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Sounds delicious and rewarding in more ways than one op!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'd probably screw it up by filling up on the buffet first though.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Shamino posted:

https://abc13.com/food/cicis-pizza-challenges-you-to-eat-28-inch-pizza-to-win-$500/5222582/

KATY, Texas (KTRK) -- Can you finish a 28-inch pizza in 1 hour? Grab your eating buddy and take the challenge at Cici's Pizza in Katy.

The rules are that you and one partner have one hour to eat a 28-inch one topping pizza...

One topping? What if you want nothin' but cheese?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
OP link not working for me. Lame rear end OP

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

BigBadSteve posted:

One topping? What if you want nothin' but cheese?

The topping will be ranch dressing

cnut
May 3, 2016

Challenge accepted :colbert:

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cnut posted:

goddamn what the hell are these people thinking

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I feel bad for those people tbh

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

cnut posted:

The OP made me hungry for pizza but this post has now made me feel very different, thank you.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

fakeaccount posted:

goddamn what the hell are these people thinking

"Where's the wings??" probably

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

cnut posted:

The dude at the back better hurry up and sit down or he’ll not get any!

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3zSdApv4Nw

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Chrs Gry posted:

Oh, he's getting some.

Later.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cicis is great if you don't want to cook dinner and you take the family for a cheap meal where everyone stuffs their faces to bursting. plus their dessert pizzas are :discourse:

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Tip posted:

What sort of lovely place do you live where a 14" pizza is considered a large? What is that, like Dominos or something?

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
when I was in college and wanted to be a newspaper writer, these are the kind of articles i wrote. you get paid the same as a person who writes a great article.

also i live in Katy and they said that the article is wrong and to read the rules lol:

Completed Pizza Challenge Winner(s): Any Pizza Challenge Contestant who successfully completes the Pizza Challenge will be eligible for two (2) $25.00 US Dollars (“USD”) Cicis Pizza gift card.

kolby fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 1, 2019

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Tip posted:

Challenge accepted!

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like easy money on this one boys

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

kolby posted:

when I was in college and wanted to be a newspaper writer, these are the kind of articles i wrote. you get paid the same as a person who writes a great article.

also i live in Katy and they said that the article is wrong and to read the rules lol:

Completed Pizza Challenge Winner(s): Any Pizza Challenge Contestant who successfully completes the Pizza Challenge will be eligible for two (2) $25.00 US Dollars (“USD”) Cicis Pizza gift card.

so it costs $50 to enter and if you win you get 2 $25 gift cards? wow!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Chrs Gry posted:

pretty sure hes actually frozen in carbonite

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

The absolute best thing about Cicis is when you leave and all the people behind the counter all yell to you "Cici ya later!"

Never gets old.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
$500 is like 1/20th the pay needed for me to eat Cici's pizza. It's almost somehow more gross than Little Caesars or Pizza Hut.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Cicis is great if you don't want to cook dinner and you take the family for a cheap meal where everyone stuffs their faces to bursting. plus their dessert pizzas are :discourse:

True. I liked their cinnamon roll pizza.

Unfortunately, I haven't been there since April 21, 2016. I learned of Prince's death while I was there that day, and it permanently ruined my appetite for CiCis. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

i saw the title of this thread and thought it was an april fools joke, so I laughed

Then I clicked the thread and it's real