Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Soricidus posted:

yeah, she said you had an English Pre-emptive with your Malaysian Minimal iykwim

:confused:

IDGI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the Denmark Alternate is when you go on a date with the wrong person bc you still aren't comfortable looking up from your shoes yet

true

sooner or later theyll be my scandinavian domestic though

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Soup is a primarily liquid food.

Soup or Soupy may also refer to:

People with the nickname or stage name:

Bill Campbell (baseball) (born 1948), American baseball player
Dave Campbell (infielder) (born 1942), American baseball player and broadcaster
Eric Campbell (baseball) (born 1987), American baseball player
Jerry Campbell (1944–2017), American-Canadian football player
Soup Campbell (1915–2000), American baseball player
Soupy Sales (1926–2009), American comedian and actor
Jeff Suppan (born 1975), American baseball player

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

wawawewa

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
In the FX series Archer, title character Sterling Archer refers to Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale in "Drift Problem" (Season 3, Episode 7), wondering aloud to himself if either will be present at the surprise birthday party he assumes is being held for him "I wonder what the guys in the office have planned for my birthday. Wonder if Fudgie the Whale will be there or Cookie Puss. Cookie Puss. Those guys at Carvel know what they’re doing". Additionally, in "Heart of Archness: Part 1" (Season 3, Episode 1) Ray Gillette moans "Cookie Puss" after he is informed there will be no Carvel. The dessert is referred to yet again in “House Call” (Season 5, Episode 4), when Mallory Archer minimizes concern for Pam’s cocaine addiction, stating that Pam’s obituary would otherwise read the same had “the word cocaine been replaced with Cookie Puss”.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Suspicious Dish posted:

In the FX series Archer, title character Sterling Archer refers to Cookie Puss and Fudgie the Whale in "Drift Problem" (Season 3, Episode 7), wondering aloud to himself if either will be present at the surprise birthday party he assumes is being held for him "I wonder what the guys in the office have planned for my birthday. Wonder if Fudgie the Whale will be there or Cookie Puss. Cookie Puss. Those guys at Carvel know what they’re doing". Additionally, in "Heart of Archness: Part 1" (Season 3, Episode 1) Ray Gillette moans "Cookie Puss" after he is informed there will be no Carvel. The dessert is referred to yet again in “House Call” (Season 5, Episode 4), when Mallory Archer minimizes concern for Pam’s cocaine addiction, stating that Pam’s obituary would otherwise read the same had “the word cocaine been replaced with Cookie Puss”.

All things regarding Archer are both cool and good. Your posting of an Archer-related item in the “worthless things” thread is therefore non-germane to the thread topic.

:ccb:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
don’t make me post the table of the hex value of Lana’s sweater dress in every episode

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
"Grimey" redirects here. For other uses, see Grime (disambiguation).

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Some time later, Jack witnesses a city bus explode. Payne, still alive, contacts Jack on a payphone, explaining that a similar bomb is rigged on another bus. The bomb will arm once the bus reaches 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) and detonate when it drops below 50.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Suspicious Dish posted:

i don't think i ever actually had one of those carvel ice cream cakes :sigh:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"Meat-sweet" redirects here. It is not to be confused with Sweet meat, Sweetbread, or Meat sweats.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

prefect posted:

i only know about them through a Patton Oswalt stand-up routine

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

prefect posted:

they’re pretty good if you have a store nearby but don’t do anything drastic to get one.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i only know about them through a Patton Oswalt stand-up routine

they had tv commercials in the northeast in the '80s. patton wasn't kidding about "planet birthday"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uhIxyTQRkY

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2seXWeEnkY

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
good description

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Debate ensued[where?][when?] about the title's usage of the Yiddish word schmucks which is a mild cultural insult similar to "idiot" which technically refers to 'male genitals.' Debbie Schlussel asked whether the title should have been Dinner for Schlemiels as it would better describe the clumsy character played by Steve Carell.[8] Responding in The New York Times, critic Michael Cieply determined that the intent was to be ambiguous as to which of the two main characters, played by Steve Carell and Paul Rudd, was the intended idiot.[9]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IJ_(letter).png

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rococopunk is a whimsical punk derivative that thrusts punk attitude into the late baroque period. Although it is a fairly recent derivative,[27] it is a style that is visually very similar to the New Romantic movement of the 1980s (particularly such groups as Adam and the Ants).[28] As one steampunk scholar[29] put it, "Imagine a world where the Rococo period never ended, and it had a lovechild with Sid Vicious.[30] Rococopunk has most recently been featured on The X Factor through the artist known as Prince Poppycock.[28] Fashion designer Vivienne Westwood, often known as "the Queen of Punk Fashion", also mixes Rococo with punk stylings.[31]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

overmind2000 posted:

As one steampunk scholar[29]

29. "AnachroCon: A Behind-the-Scenes Look"–A Con Report by Austin Sirkin". Beyond Victoriana. beyondvictoriana.com. Retrieved June 9, 2018. "Austin Sirkin is a graduate student at Georgia State University studying 19th Century Science Fiction. He uses his critical background to also study steampunk and speaks about it at conventions and conferences around the country."

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

overmind2000 posted:

steampunk scholar

mods, name change pls

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

overmind2000 posted:

Rococopunk is a whimsical punk derivative that thrusts punk attitude into the late baroque period. Although it is a fairly recent derivative,[27] it is a style that is visually very similar to the New Romantic movement of the 1980s (particularly such groups as Adam and the Ants).[28] As one steampunk scholar[29] put it, "Imagine a world where the Rococo period never ended, and it had a lovechild with Sid Vicious.[30] Rococopunk has most recently been featured on The X Factor through the artist known as Prince Poppycock.[28] Fashion designer Vivienne Westwood, often known as "the Queen of Punk Fashion", also mixes Rococo with punk stylings.[31]
getting very angry reading this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It isn't punk unless you're executing the rich

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The practice became controversial when Badminton New Zealand used the name "Black Cocks" for a period in 2004.[2]

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It received the Złota Kaczka award for the best Polish movie of 1984. The movie was also fairly popular in Hungary when shown a couple of years later.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Toot's cutting was praised as a good parody of self-harm presented on reality shows, but Spanky's flatulence was considered more disgusting than humorous.[9]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

In this dish, after being boiled and then mashed into a paste, the beans are sometimes then fried or baked, though usually neither, thus making the term "refried" even more misleading.[1]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Games_(Bruegel)#The_games

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

you skipped the most yospos game

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

tag yrselves, I’m a stone dog of sorts

e: wait no I’m bouncing someone’s buttocks on planks

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
"Technically, not quite a game but practiced often" is close to peak Wikipedia

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
If a player "sticks" the knife in his own foot, he wins the game by default, although few players find this option appealing because of the possibility of bodily harm.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
"clowns do it regularly" would be a good bumper sticker for a clown car