Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Extension cord? I bought a braided fabric cord that looks home-y and just ran it along the backsplash from the socket at the medicine cabinet.

It's functional and didnt require an electrician. Plus it has a USB charger for phones and poo poo.

Thanks, but extension cords and water wouldn’t seem to mix well, at least for me. Maybe if it was in a GFCI outlet, but still.

I see Costco has a non electric one on sale for $40. I may give that one a shot, but I still am considering having an electrician install a GFCI outlet near the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

The Charmin is on sale for $1 more than the Kirkland so now's the time to stock up.

Just checked this out. Charmin is $1 more but also have the total square footage. Total ripoff. All asses deserve Kirkland.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never seen Kirkland single ply. Which would be sand paper gas station stuff. I only get the good stuff.

They're both two ply. I used to use kirkland tp in Minneapolis and it was good and relatively soft. Scottsdale costco has a completely different and lovely two ply and it sucks. It's rough, thin, and falls apart the second you wipe. Gotta fold 4 squares to make it usable.

Maybe they have a different supplier for the southwest than the upper midwest. I don't know. I just know it used to be good back there and sucks here. I think the good kind had green plastic packaging and the stuff here is blue plastic. v:shobon:v also they don't have Summit EPA down here which is loving killing me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I shall pray for you my brother.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I've been thinking about taking the bidet plunge, but the current one at my Costco (Dedham, MA) is over $200. As generous as Costco's return policy is, that's a line I'd rather not have to cross.

Do we know if the one they are currently stocking is worth it?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

fordham posted:

I've been thinking about taking the bidet plunge, but the current one at my Costco (Dedham, MA) is over $200. As generous as Costco's return policy is, that's a line I'd rather not have to cross.

Toto or no no

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I have a model of the BioBidet (no fancy wireless remote) and the actual seat is kind of small.

Otherwise it's good, but doesn't feel crazy sturdy.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

I have a model of the BioBidet (no fancy wireless remote) and the actual seat is kind of small.

Otherwise it's good, but doesn't feel crazy sturdy.

The only two things that matter are water temp and psi.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

False. Heated seats matter, you just don't know any better.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Taima posted:

Even as a kewpie lover I actually agree with you. The hate for "american mayo" is misplaced. Haters should spend the 5 minutes to make your own fresh american mayo and tell me this poo poo doesn't rock your world:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/10/two-minute-mayonnaise.html

This stuff is good but isn’t really Best Foods or Hellman’s.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

RZA Encryption posted:

Yea, it's got a heated seat and it's kind of the dumb luxury you don't realize you miss your whole life.

My model has adjustable temp and pressure, as well as the air blower. But there's no real tank so the first second is room-temp water.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Anyone who thinks Kirkland toilet paper feels like sandpaper has clearly never tried Scotts.

Kirkland isn't as soft as Charmin but it's plenty good for something you plan on covering with poo poo and a single roll lasts longer than a day so I will keep going with Kirkland for as long as I need to be money conscious.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Nothing like a freezing cold seat on your bare rear end to get you ready for the day! It's like a strong cuppa Joe.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm not going to say Kirkland is the softest, most comforting toilet paper I've ever used, but it's more than plenty fine. People that feel it's too rough must have asses made of cotton candy or something.

I'm still going to buy Kirkland because it's a fantastic value and it gets the job done.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Just use the bath towels like a normal person

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

Toto or no no

RZA Encryption posted:

This is so drat true. I have to go to Tokyo for work once or twice a year, and one of the things I always look forward to is the Toto toilet in the hotel room. They also have a blow dryer, so you get nice warm air to dry your rear end off after it gets rinsed. The best ones also have a toilet lid that auto-opens when you walk up to it, and closes when you walk away.

Japan Airlines also has them on their airplanes, but the price isn't always right :(

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Just use the bath towels like a normal person

must be what those super soft towels are for :thunk:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Bought four 6-packs of beer Seasons sardines in olive oil! An already great deal at $9.99, they were -3.00 off each.

IMO these sardines beat what is available at Trader Joe's, which sells individual cans at a higher price range. Seasons are heartier, more flavorful, less watery.

PBUC.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renegret posted:

Anyone who thinks Kirkland toilet paper feels like sandpaper has clearly never tried Scotts.

Kirkland isn't as soft as Charmin but it's plenty good for something you plan on covering with poo poo and a single roll lasts longer than a day so I will keep going with Kirkland for as long as I need to be money conscious.

I'm 100% with you and I used to think every goon/person that thought Kirkland TP sucked rear end was loving insane little baby. turns out there is some regional differences in suppliers so there's like two types of kirkland tp, one good and one bad, which at least explains the weird hatred people have for it because the stuff I used to buy was good and I couldn't believe people had issues with it. but since there's apparently costco supplier that is basically Scotts sandpaper, that makes sense that people didn't like it.

I did however start buying the Charmin anyways late last year and it is pretty loving good for being about the same price, or at least not enough to matter, however if I do need to be more conscious over counting each single then I'd happily go back to Kirkland if I had to.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Xaris posted:

I'm 100% with you and I used to think every goon/person that thought Kirkland TP sucked rear end was loving insane little baby. turns out there is some regional differences in suppliers so there's like two types of kirkland tp, one good and one bad, which at least explains the weird hatred people have for it because the stuff I used to buy was good and I couldn't believe people had issues with it. but since there's apparently costco supplier that is basically Scotts sandpaper, that makes sense that people didn't like it.

I did however start buying the Charmin anyways late last year and it is pretty loving good for being about the same price, or at least not enough to matter, however if I do need to be more conscious over counting each single then I'd happily go back to Kirkland if I had to.

That explains a lot if there's regional differences.

I used to buy Charmin when I was a lone bachelor, but the rolls are just not that big so once I moved in with my now wife we burnt through them way too fast. The Kirkland are a nice middle ground.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

fordham posted:

Is the one in Deadham one of the two in state with Kirkland brand beer/liquor? I go to Everett which doesn’t, I know Danvers does.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Is the one in Deadham one of the two in state with Kirkland brand beer/liquor? I go to Everett which doesn’t, I know Danvers does.

No. Danvers, Waltham and Avon do

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Renegret posted:

That explains a lot if there's regional differences.

I used to buy Charmin when I was a lone bachelor, but the rolls are just not that big so once I moved in with my now wife we burnt through them way too fast. The Kirkland are a nice middle ground.

There is no way Charmin is the same price. You need to price it out at $/sqft.

Also, whoever recommended this poo poo was spot on. My local church stocked the chipotle flavor. Fantastic cause for my curry chicken wraps. PBUC

http://www.bitchinsauce.com/

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I skimmed this thread before my Costco trip and got the Bitchin' Chipotle sauce. It is very tasty!

edit: Wow so many other flavors on their site. I like spiciness so their Heat with Ghost Pepper and Habanero sounds heavenly

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 2, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Question for the sardine folks, how do you have em? Pizzas? On crackers? It’s just not something I’ve ever really had and I’m curious now.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Question for the sardine folks, how do you have em? Pizzas? On crackers? It’s just not something I’ve ever really had and I’m curious now.

There's a whole thread about it, but the answer is out of the can, over the sink, in your underwear, drunk.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

I work with a guy that eats them every day and he always changes it up. Sometimes crackers sometimes rice you never know! I dunno if it’s my jam but he loves them.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

No. Danvers, Waltham and Avon do

Thanks for the info. Waltham is closer than Deadham to me. Thought it was two stores in the state for some reason. Think that’s actually NJ.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

priznat posted:

I'm still trying to get used to them. It's weird to me eating a fish with the skin on and everything. One thing that's good is the ol' Alton Brown recipe for when he was losing weight. I don't remember what the full recipe was but I make it simple.

Toast
Avocado
Sardines

Just throw it under the broiler for a minute and you're good to go.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Is the huge 33oz jug of Kirkland Maple Syrup for 14 bucks decent stuff? Nothing leads me to believe it isn't real maple syrup, and that is insanely cheap.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My dad just bought it but hasn't tried it yet. If that's 100% maple syrup that's one of the best deals in existence. You can go to the grocery store and get maybe 8oz for the same price. (maybe, I don't know but that poo poo is expensive)

My aunt and uncle lived in northern Wisconsin and we used to get maple syrup from them all the time. They tapped their own trees. I wish I appreciated it as a kid. I preferred corn syrup. :smith: Now I love the stuff.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s perfectly fine. The Trader Joe’s stuff is a little bit better but it’s not noticeably worse or anything

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Thanks for the info. Waltham is closer than Deadham to me. Thought it was two stores in the state for some reason. Think that’s actually NJ.

I think Mass can have up to 4. Not sure if there's another Costco that has Kirkland alcohol.

The Nashua, NH store has Kirkland wine and beer but no liquor

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

SirPablo posted:

Also, whoever recommended this poo poo was spot on. My local church stocked the chipotle flavor. Fantastic cause for my curry chicken wraps. PBUC

http://www.bitchinsauce.com/

I keep looking for this in Ohio to no avail. It is pissing me off.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

I keep looking for this in Ohio to no avail. It is pissing me off.

I wonder if bitchin sauce will be my new naanwiches. :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How much toilet paper do you people use, jesus. Stop having such leaky assholes.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
My toilet paper lasts forever cause I try to get my pooping in on company time

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How much toilet paper do you people use, jesus. Stop having such leaky assholes.

Sir we are buying church quantities of food here.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

How much sardines do you people use, jesus. Stop having such hungry pie holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orty
May 14, 2007

The first store in my city opens up in a month and a half with the next nearest all being 2+ hours each away. I am not looking forward to the chaos that will probably be the line to get membership cards. Anyone been to a new store opening like that? Do they do anything special for new store openings? How bad was the membership card pickup? Debating if its worth the trip to pick up a card just to get around it.