Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So they sound like soft rock bands circa 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't know what specific bands you have in mind but the early 2000s were another nadir of pop music, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk why but when I think 2000s music, I think Regina Spektor

Edit: its probably due to that samson copypasta

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 18, 2019

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Muse I guess, but back then it felt like everybody really should've taken a moment to maybe blow their nose and wipe their eyes before the song.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hell yes!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1108202117813043200

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

That's reasonably metal.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can’t front after the whole grimes dating Elon musk thing and that she supported him stopping unions and what not and defended that poo poo on twitter I can’t even listen to her anymore. Wack as hell

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Romanticizing the end of the world and basically playing the villain while vocally supporting bad politics IRL is what makes it metal!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Lmao hard pass on Crimes or whatever she's calling herself now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Siivola posted:

Romanticizing the end of the world and basically playing the villain while vocally supporting bad politics IRL is what makes it metal!

nah that makes it lame as gently caress

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

If we want to fully stick it to the lady who thinks you should just drain a situation for everything it's worth and gently caress everyone else, I think the best thing to do is listen to and enjoy (if it's good) the fruits of her labour in one of the many ways that pays her gently caress all for it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Grimes sounds utterly exhausting to be around

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sai-kun posted:

What's your fave now?

I put her on shuffle and thought she was ok. “Blue” was decent on first listen but I wasn’t really hooked until I heard “Happy.” Then “Teen Idle” came on 10-20 minutes later followed by “I’m A Ruin.”

The weirdest thing is that I know I listened to Froot when it first came out but didn’t think anything of it.

HorseRenoir posted:

Grimes sounds utterly exhausting to be around

If you want exhausting, you should try to read Megan Trainer’s press release in one sitting.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 22, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

the truth posted:

If you want exhausting, you should try to read Megan Trainer’s press release in one sitting.

quote:

(February 8, 2019 - Los Angeles, CA) -- Valentine's Day is around the corner, and whether you're planning on smashing bae's junk to smithereens or making out with a pint of Phish Food, you need some fresh Valentine's Day bops to get you in the mood for L♡VE. And MEGHAN TRAINOR has got you covered with her new EP, THE LOVE TRAIN [Epic Records.]

You know you want it. And you can freakin' get it b*tch. On all digital platforms right HERE.

Meghan's seducing your ears this V-Day, and you know she knows a thing or two about romance. Unless your phone's been broken for a hot minute, you know that Meghan just got married to the ginger from Spy Kids, and trust when we say, girl is feeling the love. She took a break from her busy schedule to record some fire tracks in Los Angeles alongside frequent collaborators and producers Andrew Wells [5SOS, Fall Out Boy, Jason Mraz], J KASH (Maroon 5, Charlie Puth, Kesha) and Tyler Johnson [Harry Styles, CAM].

We know you want to hear songs about all the hot newlywed sex Meghan and Daryl Sa-BAE-ra are having (did you see what we did there?). Which is why you'll love the banging' single "All The Ways." Billboard was wet for "All The Ways," calling it "another fun, danceable track to fall in love with." And would Billboard lie to you, girl?

But perhaps the piece de resistance (that's French for "Wig Snatch") is "Marry Me," a romantic acoustic guitar and ukulele-tinged Awww Fest which delivers all the feels (and then more feels). Meghan wrote the song thirty days after meeting Daryl, and it was so good that she walked down the aisle to it. We know, it's a little bit #Vomworthy, but also, am I chopping onions right now or are those tears rolling down my face? I'm not crying, you're crying.

And as always, our Grammy-Winning, Diamond Single-having QUEEN didn't just come to play -- she came to slay. She's serving vocals on the passionate, Celine Dion-esque power ballad "After You." Plus, Meghan's serving your insatiable thirst for dance-ready bops with the upbeat banger that is "Foolish." It slaps so hard you'll be stanning for days. "As if all the PDA, including foot massages, butterfly kisses and piggy back rides aren't cringe worthy enough," says her brother and videographer Ryan... "I've got to film it all!"

Choo choo betch! The Love Train is leaving the station and you better get on board.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Personally, I can only read one or two sentences at a time before having to look away.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
The Algorithm will save pop music:

quote:

A bundle of code, engineered by audio startup Endel, is under contract with Warner Music Group to release 20 albums this year

Warner Music Group Signs an Algorithm to a Record Deal: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/warner-music-group-endel-algorithm-record-deal-811327/

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We know you want to hear songs about all the hot newlywed sex Meghan and Daryl Sa-BAE-ra are having (did you see what we did there?). Which is why you'll love the banging' single "All The Ways." Billboard was wet for "All The Ways," calling it "another fun, danceable track to fall in love with." And would Billboard lie to you, girl?

jesus why

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

That press release is violence.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Some of us still have PTSD from the last time that was posted, man.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I tried to read the whole thing both times it was posted but eventually my thumb started scrolling away with no conscious input from my brain, like I was having an out of body experience.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Help I can't stop listening to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbtlIEcx_o

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this Billie Eilish album is like Lorde trying to be Nine Inch Nails also she’s younger than 9/11 and that makes me feel loving ancient

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Escobarbarian posted:

this Billie Eilish album is like Lorde trying to be Nine Inch Nails also she’s younger than 9/11 and that makes me feel loving ancient

Billie Eilish is a gift to pop music. she reminds me a lot of Lana Del Rey from her Born to Die era, but not aesthetically, just in how she makes her music and her persona. Like a 2019 version of the sort of person who would write Video Games and then release an absolutely stellar, very hip-hop inspired first album. I hope her next album is as wonderful as Ultraviolence is.

edit: she's apparently a big Odd Future fan and now I want her and Tyler to make an album together

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 31, 2019

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Billie Eilish is just Avril Lavigne for people after 2005.

almost there
Sep 13, 2016

Anonymous John posted:

Billie Eilish is just Avril Lavigne for people after 2005.

ya i saw that facebook meme as well

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1112429412585070593

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tour announcement along with release date please

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

she's gonna make a big announcement tomorrow that she's scrapping the singles we've already heard and making a trap album with Chief Keef

and then announcing the real album on Tuesday when April Fools Day is over

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

New album bitches, and it's coming out on my birthday! Truly CRJ has blessed me above all others.

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1112747735529279488

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

exquisite tea posted:

New album bitches, and it's coming out on my birthday! Truly CRJ has blessed me above all others.

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1112747735529279488
Please let this not be April Fools :pray:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Pre-sale page, tour dates and press releases are already out, so if this is an April Fool's Day prank then it's quite an elaborate one! Carly's new album is real, and strong, and it is nearly upon us.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I know half her fans will be disappointed for it not being more Emotion, but I'm drat excited and all her in between singles have been solid so.

I'm probably weird for thinking it's weird she chose to be "more sexy" for this cycle, but then I remember all her songs are thirsty as gently caress anyway. :v: .

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

The real april fools prank is the lack of Canadian tour dates....

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

album preordered, gonna go see her in Chicago, best april fools real news since they announced Rock Band on April 1st

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

She announced a show here on July 30th.

THIS HAD BETTER NOT BE A JOKE :argh:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah there’s a London date too! Definitely getting on that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Surprise, surprise: Anthony Fantano lied to me. This Billie Eilish album is not great lol

This clipping poo poo sucks. Mix it better or don't release it, gently caress.

I mean it worked for Sleigh Bells but it absolutely does not work for every artist.

The way she sings kinda reminds me of Melanie Martinez, except she does this style so much better. When the gently caress is she putting out another album? Cry Baby is like 4 years old. It's also one of my favorite albums of the decade tho.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 2, 2019

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Surprise, surprise: Anthony Fantano lied to me. This Billie Eilish album is not great lol

This clipping poo poo sucks. Mix it better or don't release it, gently caress.

I mean it worked for Sleigh Bells but it absolutely does not work for every artist.

The way she sings kinda reminds me of Melanie Martinez, except she does this style so much better. When the gently caress is she putting out another album? Cry Baby is like 4 years old. It's also one of my favorite albums of the decade tho.

When you’re over 40 years old and don’t understand the kids anymore

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The REAL Goobusters posted:

When you’re over 40 years old and don’t understand the kids anymore
I mean I guess if you assume kids are high 24/7 then it makes more sense that they'd be into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I mean I guess if you assume kids are high 24/7 then it makes more sense that they'd be into this

Guess you know what you need to do then…