Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

It's really loving frustrating that people have just ghosted the gently caress out of this game.

seriously, but it wouldn't be as frustrating if he just used the drat daycop

I know I gotta watch out for my weakness of hounding people for suboptimal play, which is not always scummy, but I'm drawing a line here, how on earth do you get a daycop and not wanna use the daycop

and it's not like he forgot he had the daycop, cause he sure had time to tell everybody how it was totally gonna be part of his master plan if he didn't use the daycop

which he didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Dancer

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Interestingly, I received acknowledgement from the mod of my last button press, but nothing here. I don’t know if Solus is busy or if something weird happened with it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah I've thought about going crazy and accusing bif of nonsense for being around deadline but like I'm thinking the exact same thing about dancer. It would suck if there was some ability that forced people not to play but it's been like a day and a half of real time? I'm pretty sure we shouldnt leave it up to a unknown anti lurker challenge considering we're at myly probably, and someone who refuses to participate and use their cop might be scum ??? i guess???

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I've thought about going crazy and accusing bif of nonsense for being around deadline but like I'm thinking the exact same thing about dancer. It would suck if there was some ability that forced people not to play but it's been like a day and a half of real time? I'm pretty sure we shouldnt leave it up to a unknown anti lurker challenge considering we're at myly probably, and someone who refuses to participate and use their cop might be scum ??? i guess???

Can you run me the math on why you think that’s the case on D2 when one scum flipped yesterday?

I’m not outright saying you’re wrong, but I can’t come up with a scenario where this would be the case where town would have had much shot to win.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Can you run me the math on why you think that’s the case on D2 when one scum flipped yesterday?

I’m not outright saying you’re wrong, but I can’t come up with a scenario where this would be the case where town would have had much shot to win.

9 of us, 14 at the start of the game, assuming 4 scum to start with.

we kill someone, they nk someone, 7 and 3 scum. If some one vigs town we lose. mlyl maybe.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

9 of us, 14 at the start of the game, assuming 4 scum to start with.

we kill someone, they nk someone, 7 and 3 scum. If some one vigs town we lose. mlyl maybe.

Did this start with 12? Or 14? We’ve only had 3 deaths, right? Inf, Onset, CPig?

Oh wait, Yami was shot today, right?

But the player list had 14 in it. Who am I missing?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Found my error, was missing DB as the dunk yesterday.

Okay. So started with 14. Hmmm. Four scum in 14 doesn’t seem totally unreasonable, I guess.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m going to have to ponder on this more, but I’m not overly afraid of this being mylo or whatever, that just seems like bad balance. I feel like it would be far more likely we started with 3 scum and a 3P of some kind, than 4 scum. Had we started at 14 and both the issued vigs bad shot town, the game ends by D3 and that seems to be a waste.

If Dancer doesn’t return by midday tomorrow, I don’t have a huge objection to that vote, but I think there’s still a couple more people that have said little or nothing today and I don’t want to fall back to dunking a lurker for the sake of lurking.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

I’m going to have to ponder on this more, but I’m not overly afraid of this being mylo or whatever, that just seems like bad balance. I feel like it would be far more likely we started with 3 scum and a 3P of some kind, than 4 scum. Had we started at 14 and both the issued vigs bad shot town, the game ends by D3 and that seems to be a waste.

If Dancer doesn’t return by midday tomorrow, I don’t have a huge objection to that vote, but I think there’s still a couple more people that have said little or nothing today and I don’t want to fall back to dunking a lurker for the sake of lurking.

Yeah I think hum is a really good lunch too.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I think hum is a really good lunch too.

I could see this, after posts from the replacements were requested Humalong's seemed like just a reaction post to a couple things without committing to any reads or opinions.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What if... you could push vig... and receive button.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nep-Nep posted:

What if... you could push vig... and receive button.

I guess half this game signed up expecting a joke game that'd be instantly over :/

I mean, so did I, but

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote dancer

\/o\/

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Really does look like the lurker mechanics are left up to chance, voting dancer makes it sure.

If dancer is town and we lose and one of the 3 other active players is scum, its fine I guess because at least scum played mafia and walking away from the game after acting beyond scummy is way past cool.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, I've been AFK. The weekend was busy for me. @Toal, I'm mildly suspicious of sober and hum just because we didn't have reads on jimmy and OMG, OMG the greater mystery between the two.

However, I don't have good reads. There's a lot of lurking that makes things cloudy, and a lot of not saying anything which means players aren't incriminating themselves.

Nep's hypocritical gut vote on me rubs me the wrong way, but nepples feels town this game.

I don't like the votes on Dancer, and it feels like maybe scum are just trying to drive out a cop.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Eh... I guess toal reads town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry, I've been AFK. The weekend was busy for me. @Toal, I'm mildly suspicious of sober and hum just because we didn't have reads on jimmy and OMG, OMG the greater mystery between the two.

However, I don't have good reads. There's a lot of lurking that makes things cloudy, and a lot of not saying anything which means players aren't incriminating themselves.

Nep's hypocritical gut vote on me rubs me the wrong way, but nepples feels town this game.

I don't like the votes on Dancer, and it feels like maybe scum are just trying to drive out a cop.

Its a 1 shot cop, Dancer should definitely cop someone here. like Bif or Me or Nep imo.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

SolusLunes posted:

IllegallySober has replaced OMGVBFLOL!

gah, sorry, i really did intend on playing but i dropped the ball due to some real life stuff. glad someone got my spot

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

gah, sorry, i really did intend on playing but i dropped the ball due to some real life stuff. glad someone got my spot

c'est la vie. Did you want to spectate, though?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Its a 1 shot cop, Dancer should definitely cop someone here. like Bif or Me or Nep imo.

If Dancer shows back up and uses the daycop, there’s certainly no shortage of good targets for that, as you mentioned.

However, if the numbers situation is as dire as you imply it is, a scum Dancer can/should fake a result anyway to dunk a townie and then per your scenario we’re essentially screwed anyway. I’m surprised you’re not a little more cognizant of that.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

If Dancer shows back up and uses the daycop, there’s certainly no shortage of good targets for that, as you mentioned.

However, if the numbers situation is as dire as you imply it is, a scum Dancer can/should fake a result anyway to dunk a townie and then per your scenario we’re essentially screwed anyway. I’m surprised you’re not a little more cognizant of that.

Im aware of it. There's no need to scare dancer off any more though, I'd take any result with a grain of salt.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

If Dancer was going to do that why not do it yesterday?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

SolusLunes posted:

c'est la vie. Did you want to spectate, though?

yeah im in the discord

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

If Dancer was going to do that why not do it yesterday?

Well, I was going to go look at the snapshot in time when Dancer made that post to see who was the vote leader, and see if it was possible that a scum Dancer held off because we were already on the way to dunking a townie, but there’s no vote counts posted anywhere near that and I’m not awake enough to put it together myself yet, so :shrug:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have pressed the button twice today. I even had Solus give me permanent tracker and then take it back.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toal has named nearly every other player in this game as possible scum. That is...certainly a way to play.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Toal has named nearly every other player in this game as possible scum. That is...certainly a way to play.

its a little thing called :coolfish: not knowing peoples alignments.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Let’s try this again since the second press had the weird result of literally nothing:

##push button

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dancer is such a lazy vote but he’s sat at -1 for hours no and nobody appears to be interested in chasing other options, including the mod who’s ignored by button press again, so whatever, let’s get this show moving.

##vote Dancer

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yeah I mean what could we have done.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dancer (5): SalTheBard, Bifauxnen, Nep-Nep, Toalpaz, IllegallySober
Toalpaz (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Dancer, JimsonTheBetrayer, Mr. Humalong

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 01st, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 5 hours.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dancer, Self-Aligned Arsonist + ACAB Daycop, was lynched Day 2!

code:
ACAB Daycop: Kills player it is targeted at. Remember, kids, ACAB.
JimsonTheBetrayer, Town-Aligned Vanilla Town, automatically failed the lurker roll by having no posts, and was lurkerkilled!

Night 2 begins now. Please have your night actions in by 8pm CST, April 2nd!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Nobody died on Night 2.

Day 3 begins now and deadline is 8pm CST on April 4th.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard, Toalpaz

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SolusLunes posted:

Nobody died on Night 2.

Day 3 begins now and deadline is 8pm CST on April 4th.

Intriguing.

I’ll be back a little later, but I have thoughts.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have information to provide. I'd like to ask everyone to avoid pushing the button until I've had my say.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have important information

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll let Nep-Nep go first, I don't have any info about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

nice