Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk, can you make any sense of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No. But I can’t decide his alignment from it either.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:same:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Amoeba, why did you spend so much time in a post saying I’m not good at mafia? How is that relevant at all other than to discredit my vote onto you?

It's not that you're not good. It's that you're not as good as people like to pretend.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’ll try to articulate it better when it matters more, i.e. if fool flips scum.

Sorry I’m not as well spoken as you merk :(

(Voice in my head: maybe it’s not your words that are poo poo, but your logic?)
(Second voice in my head: stfu)
(Third voice: fool and Fisk AND merk are scum and you’re being gaslit)
(Second voice again: stfu)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re not unclear by nature Jj this shut is just half baked

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

It's not that you're not good. It's that you're not as good as people like to pretend.

Who said anything in this game about me being good? Why is this relevant at all to scum hunting?

You’re just discrediting my vote. That’s scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can’t believe my fresco of merk as a saint is inaccurate

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Who said anything in this game about me being good? Why is this relevant at all to scum hunting?

You’re just discrediting my vote. That’s scummy.

It's about Opop. See, you can't even read, so why is Opop pretending you are infallible and follow a specific code.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Opo didn't even say I was good. He was pointing out what he thinks of my meta.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And Jon, yeah what you're saying makes sense - so if it seems someone is undermining your logic then they are suss.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote merk
merk would never ever let a scum claim go unvoted, let alone vote people for doing what her literally always does

Retro Futurist posted:

Merk is a mythical ideal standard though

Amoeba102 posted:

How is not your meta? You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you, or point to something that doesn't fit an idea of you being perfect and claim it is a scum tell.
Bringing up needinbg discord is a other tongue in cheek means of going hey merk is scum because he needs to chat oot, and it's really an underhanded way of pointing out suspicion. So that guy that did that after opop is suss too. Opop is as well, i misread him bringing it up at first.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

And Jon, yeah what you're saying makes sense - so if it seems someone is undermining your logic then they are suss.

I am half torn between thanking you internally for being a voice to speak out to make sure it isn’t just me, and thinking this was posted by a devil on my shoulder who has a hard on for loving merk (wording intended)

I suppose I’d like to see how others feel about my Fisk argument; whether it makes sense

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, that thing you quoted was prompted by you asking and not something just out of the blue - you missed a few quotes in that exchange.
It's all about Opop trying to make a vote on you based off of "merk wouod not do that or play differently" and "hmm why would merk need discord wink wink nudge nudge".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, that thing you quoted was prompted by you asking and not something just out of the blue - you missed a few quotes in that exchange.
It's all about Opop trying to make a vote on you based off of "merk wouod not do that or play differently" and "hmm why would merk need discord wink wink nudge nudge".

Yes, I understand what happened. How does this comment from you relate to that (intentionally snipped):

Amoeba102 posted:

You aren't that good. Some sort of mafia messiah. People like to pretend you are, and either hide behind an authority they give you

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

I am half torn between thanking you internally for being a voice to speak out to make sure it isn’t just me, and thinking this was posted by a devil on my shoulder who has a hard on for loving merk (wording intended)

I suppose I’d like to see how others feel about my Fisk argument; whether it makes sense

I don't even care about merk - i only care about Opop and Hal as players in general.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba, are you seeing what I'm saying here? I'm saying that you didn't start attacking me as being 'not that good' until I decided to vote you. I'm saying that is you discrediting my vote rather than commenting on what Opo did.

Should I get out a whiteboard and map this out?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

amoeba has a weird pr this game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amoeba102 posted:

I don't even care about merk - i only care about Opop and Hal as players in general.

Holy poo poo. What is your beef with me? Maybe you're just a rude dude and not scum after all?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah fisk is pinging me too joe jon.

It feels like he was asking you to explain yourself just to make it look like you were under pressure when the basic idea 'these two players have accounts that don't match up, no town has come forward with an explanation, resolving it seems useful' is good.

I also don't like the vote on me 'to make me pardon myself' pushing me to voting leader along side GK who some people have suggested is joke voting me, however he hasn't come back to on that clarify that. Seems like a lot of hedgy reasons to vote me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Yes, I understand what happened. How does this comment from you relate to that (intentionally snipped):

I think it's pretty obvious. People either just defer to you to avoid making content. OR IN THIS CASE they make a merk is too good and perfect to play like this -> must be scum.
You had barely done much this game at the point and Opop made a bad vote off of mythical meta, which you have even argued against.

Are you just peturbed I implied you aren't gods gift to mafia?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

merk posted:

Holy poo poo. What is your beef with me? Maybe you're just a rude dude and not scum after all?

I have beef with you, and I wouldn't be posting about you anymore if you stomped prompting me.
But is fair to say I went to far to say I don't care about others. I do care about Somber and bowmore as well because they also play hearthstone. And that's why I signed up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah fisk is pinging me too joe jon.

I know why

Jonathan Fisk posted:

let's lynch toalpaz and force a self pardon

##vote toalpaz

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol, i made a typo. Should be I have no beef with you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Lol, i made a typo. Should be I have no beef with you.

lol

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fisk pings me because they are coattail rider.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’m now inclined to believe amoeba just temporarily suffered from a case of the “can’t convey full meaning through the screen”

Amoeba102 posted:

Fisk pings me because they are coattail rider.

I was going to mention this earlier but I didn’t because my main argument was in contention and I didn’t want to add more that could confuse, but yes I find it sus that Fisk chose toal as the third vote on him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Interesting, because jon joe thinks i'm suspicious because i'm dismissing previously suggested theories and creating m own

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

oh, he's changed for convenience

play better, yall

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Interesting, because jon joe thinks i'm suspicious because i'm dismissing previously suggested theories and creating m own

That was not my main argument

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you realize that in this form of mafia we have things written down

Jon Joe posted:

Comedy option: infi and all the people he claims to have given an item to are scum

Fisk. The way he voted fool but for some reason it wasn’t because of an infi/fool binary, and purely because of fool’s behavior, which he then chooses to walk back on and then towards the least informational vote possible between the three people he named, after I started pushing for Fisk, is very bad to me. If fool does turn out scum as I suspsect, Fisk would be my #1 choice for his scumbuddy at current info.

voting for their posting, and not my own reasons!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the committee coalescing around me after voting toalpaz makes me think they're probably scum after all. Keeping my vote there.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Say it over, what about fools poating made you vote them?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

you realize that in this form of mafia we have things written down

voting for their posting, and not my own reasons!!!

Please point to in that quote of me where I am accusing you of “creating [y] own [theories]” as the reason you main reason are pinging me.

First, the centrality of my argument is that you leapt off fool in a scummy way because I was pushing him - this rests on the assumption that he is your scumbuddy
Secondly, you moving to toal out of your three named people of toal/infi/fool is sus because toal is the least possible information

Together these are my core

Third, which I did not choose to mention until now because my main two points (much more important points) were in contention, is that toal also represents a bandwagon vote as two others were also voting for him at the time.

None of these are contradictory, and I feel you are flailing hard. However, again I think fool is smart vote for today.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Say it over, what about fools poating made you vote them?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The claim’s fine. This reads like scrambling in response

Jon Joe posted:

Please point to in that quote of me where I am accusing you of “creating [y] own [theories]” as the reason you main reason are pinging me.

First, the centrality of my argument is that you leapt off fool in a scummy way because I was pushing him - this rests on the assumption that he is your scumbuddy
Secondly, you moving to toal out of your three named people of toal/infi/fool is sus because toal is the least possible information

I "leapt off" fool because this is his first game. Your bit on toalpaz is word salad.

quote:

Third, which I did not choose to mention until now because my main two points (much more important points) were in contention, is that toal also represents a bandwagon vote as two others were also voting for him at the time.

ah, a sincere "3rd vote scum!!!"

quote:

None of these are contradictory, and I feel you are flailing hard. However, again I think fool is smart vote for today.

nobodly "flails hard" under limp accusations from people who aren't reading the game or playing consistently.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ah, a sincere "3rd vote scum!!!”

Yes. When it fits, it fits. Though I dunno how many times I can emphasize this properly, it means nothing if fool is town.

Anyway I think you’re trying awfully too hard to discredit suspicion of you by any means possible. I’m literally not even willing to vote you for any of this unless fool flips scum, and that you’re treating me like an insane asylums patient for such a contingent and reiterated take reads to me as flailing.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:words:

You care *too much* about this, also here’s another two paragraphs where I clearly don’t

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Anyway this clearly isn’t going to go anywhere until many other players weigh in. If you’re reading this, please post with your thoughts, even if they are half baked.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
So while I was at the gym I had a thought on the mystery of the missing jewelery:

it seems strange that the inventor would be asked to distribute items with unknown effect to people he hasn't had a chance to interact with yet. At that point the items might as well just be distributed randomly. From the effects of the items we know, they don't seem particularly subtle, so the inventors presumed ability to notice their use is a very minor advantage at best.

I'm don't really have a good theory of what this suggests. Just maybe something to consider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm talking about air tight reasoning, not air tight cases.

Opop seeing merk doing something in the past and then not doing it now isn't enough. Did merk ALWAYS do it? Did he ever do it as scum? Is there maybe the fact merk might have taken a break from playing mafia that might have changed his playstyle?

Opop trying to make that point is lazy and relying onan old merketa - that wasn't even true - of him being some sort or robot mafia player. Fisk goin g with it is equally lazy but a little bit worse.

this is a scum post ##vote amoeba