Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's absolutely going to be on EGS only because randy doesn't give a poo poo and just wants the big money up front that epic is almost certainly going to bribe him with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The basketball joke in TPS was a Barkley Shut Up And Jam Gaiden reference. Do not attempt to convince me otherwise. It also is probably the funniest thing in the whole borderlands series.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Kerrzhe posted:

it's absolutely going to be on EGS only because randy doesn't give a poo poo and just wants the big money up front that epic is almost certainly going to bribe him with

I mean its not like lazy rear end Gabe could do something to stop his empire from sliding into the sea to combat this or anything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Judge Tesla posted:

I mean its not like lazy rear end Gabe could do something to stop his empire from sliding into the sea to combat this or anything.

Paid exclusivity specifically? Likely not without resorting to similar tactics.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

They literally just announced their own VR headset yesterday.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Judge Tesla posted:

why bother? either it works (like 50/50 at best) and then he can react or it doesn't and one of his competitors shoots themselves in the foot. it's not like anyone is excited about installing another launcher.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

why bother? either it works (like 50/50 at best) and then he can react or it doesn't and one of his competitors shoots themselves in the foot. it's not like anyone is excited about installing another launcher.

as a long time MMO player, another launcher on top of the giant pile of single-game launchers is far from new

i mean poo poo even BL2 had its own little launcher for some fuckin reason

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Speaking of Randy, are we taking bets on Duke Nukem showing up as a dlc character for no real reason?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Speaking of Randy, are we taking bets on Duke Nukem showing up as a dlc character for no real reason?

About as likely as someone from Battleborn showing up, so yes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

Whoever's making the decision would be dumb not to. The difference in revenue share is a big, big sack of money and I rather doubt the current Epic-directed online nerdrage will significantly affect its sales.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lol those wacky online nerds am I right?

But no it won't because the vast majority of copies will be sold on consoles anyway.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

orcane posted:

Lol those wacky online nerds am I right?

But no it won't because the vast majority of copies will be sold on consoles anyway.

I've made no value judgements on the validity of their rage, just made a prediction of the outcome! (But yeah, totally, lol nerds.)

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The EGS filled my email account with a couple dozen "suspicious log in to your epic account!" messages the day I got suckered into their free Subnautica thing and since then I've been getting lots of spam that gets through my provider's filters so I'll see you all whenever the game comes out on a non-Tencent platform.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I used EGS when it was the launcher for the new UT (now abandoned), Shadow Complex, that MOBA that looked nice but was ditched in the end, and then Fortnite. When Fortnite BR got big, the password reset attempts started but with 2-factor auth they stopped again. I think you might even be able to change your Epic account's e-mail address these days! :v:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

The EGS filled my email account with a couple dozen "suspicious log in to your epic account!" messages the day I got suckered into their free Subnautica thing and since then I've been getting lots of spam that gets through my provider's filters so I'll see you all whenever the game comes out on a non-Tencent platform.

I strongly recommend and urge you to turn on 2-factor auth for all of your accounts. (Cause if you haven't for EGS, I suspect you haven't for other poo poo either.)

And it's not really Tencent, it's hackers really being into Fortnite accounts. (As well as Battle.net and other store accounts.)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

And nothing of value was lost.

Kerrzhe posted:

Hey, that secret dungeon in his home that he uses for his magic shows isn't cheap. Gotta make money somehow.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

quote:

Gearbox Software was founded on February 16, 1999[1] by five members of the content team from the defunct developer Rebel Boat Rocker: Randy Pitchford, Brian Martel, Stephen Bahl, Landon Montgomery, and Rob Heironimus.[2] Before Rebel Boat Rocker, Pitchford and Martel previously worked together at 3D Realms, and Montgomery previously worked at Bethesda Softworks.

They started with developing expansions to Valve Software's Half-Life. Porting Half-Life to console platforms (each with new game content) followed, building the company's experience in console game-making, in addition to enhancing and building upon the successful Counter-Strike branch of the Half-Life franchise. Prior to Half-Life 2, they had developed or helped develop every Half-Life expansion game or port, including Opposing Force, Blue Shift, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life for the Sony PlayStation 2 (including Half-Life: Decay), and Half-Life for the Sega Dreamcast (including Blue Shift).

15 Top Anime Betrayals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJlaA-wE1as

* facts exagerated for comedy

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 2, 2019

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Right now, sight mostly unseen, I’m thinking Siren for my first run in BL3 (given one screen cap showed a phaselock-type thing happening). I’m kind of attached to phaselocking from BL2, though if they have some pull a Captain Pandora again a la Athena’s Shield in TPS, I may end up going that route.

Given my luck (Roland/Maya/Athena main), it’s highly likely whatever character I end up picking first is going to be the game’s healer, haha.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i’m going to buy border lands 3 on the epic games store and have a good time playing a fun game and you can’t stop me

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I'm probably going to buy it and complain about the Epic game store the whole time tbh

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
nearly all my friends who play it are on Xbox so if it’s gonna be an EGS exclusive for more than six months I may just bite the bullet and buy my first console since the GameCube

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Megazver posted:

I strongly recommend and urge you to turn on 2-factor auth for all of your accounts. (Cause if you haven't for EGS, I suspect you haven't for other poo poo either.)

And it's not really Tencent, it's hackers really being into Fortnite accounts. (As well as Battle.net and other store accounts.)
I have 2fa, turns out it doesn't do poo poo for Tim Sweeny selling my email address to a spam factory.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I guess if you use paypal for EGS it shouldn't be too much of a problem

That's what I'm trying to convince myself of anyway

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I guess if you use paypal for EGS it shouldn't be too much of a problem

That's what I'm trying to convince myself of anyway

Besides it scrubbing your hard drive for personal data to make copies of it, that is.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Loaderboi and August confirmed, the Siren's name is Amara, what about the russian soldier girl? Maybe Nina's / Marcus' offspring?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Seen these names being used, don't know their provenance, possibly the leak: Flak (beastmaster), Moze (vladof girl), Amara (siren), Zane (eye patch).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
At first I honestly thought beard dude was just Axton But Old Now.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Moze looks like a cross between Gaige and Axton, so I will probably play her first.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
On a lark when I heard the news I went and reinstalled BL2. I played it back in the day, but I figure now was a good a time as any to start a krieg playground. His talents seem kind of not great at low level but his active is so goddamn fun that I don't care. I'm level 17 and I've gone down the middle talent tree so far - I'm thinking once I get high enough level to really come online to switch to the "set yourself on fire for fun and profit" tree.

But man though, I picked up that "throw explosives in fight for your life" talent and it is absolute hot loving garbage it does like 100 damage a toss vs my shotgun pushing nearly 4 figures. It seems like he doesn't really have much for tentpole talents that really fundamentally changes his strategy like anarchy or harmony or the like.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The damage comes from detonating yourself, not the thrown packs

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Krieg becomes a monster with Release the Beast, until then he's pretty :mediocre:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My buddy's claimed Amara, so I guess it's Moze for me.

Oh, darn.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Risky Bisquick posted:

until then he's pretty :mediocre:

true of most vault hunters before tvhm

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

My buddy's claimed Amara, so I guess it's Moze for me.

Oh, darn.

consider:

four sirens

https://twitter.com/Boo_Rad13y/status/1113111252929273856

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

On a lark when I heard the news I went and reinstalled BL2. I played it back in the day, but I figure now was a good a time as any to start a krieg playground. His talents seem kind of not great at low level but his active is so goddamn fun that I don't care. I'm level 17 and I've gone down the middle talent tree so far - I'm thinking once I get high enough level to really come online to switch to the "set yourself on fire for fun and profit" tree.

But man though, I picked up that "throw explosives in fight for your life" talent and it is absolute hot loving garbage it does like 100 damage a toss vs my shotgun pushing nearly 4 figures. It seems like he doesn't really have much for tentpole talents that really fundamentally changes his strategy like anarchy or harmony or the like.

the talent you're looking for is Release the Beast, as mentioned above, but my personal journey with leveling a krieg always went Bloodlust after filling out Mania. Exploding axes rules, and if you manage to keep playing long enough through UVHM to unlock both RtB and Bloodsplosion you will never ever want to go back to anything else

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

the talent you're looking for is Release the Beast, as mentioned above, but my personal journey with leveling a krieg always went Bloodlust after filling out Mania. Exploding axes rules, and if you manage to keep playing long enough through UVHM to unlock both RtB and Bloodsplosion you will never ever want to go back to anything else

thank you. I didn't know how to build kraig.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1113132299497889792

3pm is a pretty weird time for a UK release but eh.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

Step 1: Make a Mordicai and max out the Gunslinger tree.

Step 2: Get an Unforgiven pistol

Step 3: Nothing else matters.