Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AkumaHokoru posted:

thank you. I didn't know how to build kraig.

any time, krieg is the best character and i love helping.

it's been a while since i played BL2 but pretty much all his talents are either decent or good or great, the only exception being Pull the Pin. don't waste a point on it.

Light the Fuse and Silence the Voices scale weirdly at high levels though, so feel free to respec out of those as soon as they start to be a detriment. (Light the fuse starts not doing enough damage to kill stuff even with the final explosion in TVHM, and StV ends up doing too much self-damage for some people :black101: )

edit: here's what i vaguely remember doing with my points back in the day: http://bl2skills.com/psycho.html#51501111550100505500145150050140000 could probably be min/maxed a lot better but it was fun to play

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vakal posted:

Step 1: Make a Mordicai and max out the Gunslinger tree.

Step 2: Get an Unforgiven pistol

Step 3: Nothing else matters.

Was thinking of giving brick a go.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Rinkles posted:

Was thinking of giving brick a go.

Same, he's the only BL1 character I never put any real time into. I liked the idea of focusing on rocket launchers but it was really unsustainable/weak early on so I played Lilith and Mordecai instead.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Didn't expect to be minorly excited about Borderlands 1 in 2019

I kind of wish I had waited to do a BL1 playthrough now. Then again, if they didn't tweak the enemy AI, it probably won't make much difference anyway.

Still, pretty rad that it's a free update. Kind of makes you wonder if they're not going to break from the traditional 4 characters and let you play as some characters from previous games, since they already did the visual update work.

e: In BL3, I mean

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Walrus Pete posted:

Same, he's the only BL1 character I never put any real time into. I liked the idea of focusing on rocket launchers but it was really unsustainable/weak early on so I played Lilith and Mordecai instead.

I played brick he was still good with machine guns but he had poo poo specifically for rockets which didn't really help/hurt him they just felt like...meh points to get to something good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

hope/expect class mod bonuses to now show up in your skill tree. bl1 had so many rough edges.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rocket brick was great. who needs other guns when you're toting bazookas around and occasionally run up and punch stuff? Took a while to get going though, you need to hit the point where 1) rocket launchers show up and 2) you get the skill that gives you rocket ammo so you don't deplete it all immediately.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Rinkles posted:

hope/expect class mod bonuses to now show up in your skill tree. bl1 had so many rough edges.

They sadly don’t

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

Rocket brick was great. who needs other guns when you're toting bazookas around and occasionally run up and punch stuff? Took a while to get going though, you need to hit the point where 1) rocket launchers show up and 2) you get the skill that gives you rocket ammo so you don't deplete it all immediately.

-lol- rocket ammo. I remember that myth till late game. at least you could regenerate it in 1. they made it harder to get in 2 (only medium chests and up had rockets I rarely found them in the random knockables)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

all i remember about bl1 is playing shotgun roland and finding a green shotgun around level 40 that lasted me about 10 levels

bl1 is wack

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

They sadly don’t

:ughh: "remaster"

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Vakal posted:

Same except Lilith and a double anarchy.

I hope they don't patch out the way to glitch into the armory or that spot at crawmerax.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

:ughh: "remaster"

Watch the same three goons walk single-file out of Bonehead's camp and fire randomly until you engage them

IN HD

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I hope they take out weapon proficiency so I don't get stuck using one or two gun types for a whole playthrough. Really defeats the purpose of randomly generated guns if you're pressured to stick to only a couple of types.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The BL1 remaster is mostly just a visual touch up and fixes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

watho posted:

The BL1 remaster is mostly just a visual touch up and fixes

Since they're adding a minimap and autopickups, I thought they'd address some of the UI gripes.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Vakal posted:

I always loved the Mashers and wish they'd come back, but you'd be lucky to see three or four the entire run.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

internet celebrity posted:

I hope they take out weapon proficiency so I don't get stuck using one or two gun types for a whole playthrough. Really defeats the purpose of randomly generated guns if you're pressured to stick to only a couple of types.

Oh boy I'd forgotten about this stupid mechanic, loved picking up a sniper as Lilith and not being able to shoot a drat thing because I'd focused on SMG's.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
In my dreams they'd add more fast travel points to BL1 also. It won't happen, but I'd replay the DLC.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope they change second wind and you rez even if you don't to the killing blow exactly. The old mechanic was ok back them, but now the internet is filled with special type of idiots that don't understand if somebody is down, you don't have to steal his kills.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Tei posted:

I hope they change second wind and you rez even if you don't to the killing blow exactly. The old mechanic was ok back them, but now the internet is filled with special type of idiots that don't understand if somebody is down, you don't have to steal his kills.

Even if you're not a special type of idiot you can still gently caress this up when you're trying to help someone get their second wind and you accidentally overdo it, or your damage-over-time effect steals the kill. I hope they change this, and I hope they also apply this logic to kill skills. The game shouldn't punish you for cooperatively taking down enemies

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

How much Claptrap will be in this game. There really can't be enough. All the characters should just be Claptrap dressed up differently.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It would also be cool if the update let you move in second wind like the later games. I also really hope they add controller support to the map screen but the minimap may eliminate the need for that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

deathbagel posted:

How much Claptrap will be in this game. There really can't be enough. All the characters should just be Claptrap dressed up differently.

:chloe:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

deathbagel posted:

You shut your claptrap.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
*unce* *unce*

WUB WUB WUB

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Also, every map should be filled with stairs and Claptrap should have a lengthy monologue about how stairs are his own personal nemesis.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

deathbagel posted:

I really like claptrap too, basically all the characters have backstories and actual personalities. Other games don’t hit the mark. Maybe it’s because it’s a comedy sci-fi western with robots and magic and dragons and pirates and :torgue: :raise:

The premise of this series shouldn’t work, but it does and it works so well.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

The only thing I want to know is where can I find that sick Borderlands remix they were playing on the countdown to announcing BL3 stream?

It had Claptrap rapping and it was legit fire.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
idgaf, claptrap is endearing

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Claptrap is funny about half the time and annoying the other half which seems intentional so I think claptrap is great.

I also think Tiny Tina is funny and not annoying.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

WE NEED MORE CLAPTRAP

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glq1Qo7Y8NE

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
nevermind this one has better audio and a clap trap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04RbCWSw6dU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
On my first playthrough of TPS I did it as Claptrap because he deserved to be the main character.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
did anyone post the ad?

https://streamable.com/8ve5d

september confirmed, epic store confirmed

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

extremely hosed up that the game is only in french. no buy

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Five months between announcement and release, not bad

That should be the standard imo, not loving Square-Enix here's-a-game-for-your-next-reincarnation poo poo

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Claptrap is funny about half the time and annoying the other half which seems intentional so I think claptrap is great.

I also think Tiny Tina is funny and not annoying.

Yeah both characters are pretty endearing when they work IMO, but how often they work is pretty subjective. I like Tiny Tina more often than not but I'm getting pretty tired of Claptrap. I think as long as he doesn't get a ton of screen time in 3 he could still be fun. I just hope that Gearbox agrees with me, but that might not be very likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

FoolyCharged posted:

The biggest trick to Blaster Brick was realizing all of those Explosive skills triggered on any explosive damage, not just Launchers (which were usually pretty bad in 1). Also buried in that tree were some of the best raw DPS skills in the game.

Basically you find a Blast Hammer, an Ogre and maybe and Explosive Equalizer for some range and everything else starts falling apart the moment you look at it.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 3, 2019