Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apoplexy posted:

Mark Barrowline I think was his name

edit: That ain't it. He was part of the Premium episode that was Thanksgiving-centered in 2017. I think Gladiator Boy. Lemme look it up.

edit 2: Mark Bauerlein.

edit 3: https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-84-president-wario-21917 for the episode in question with the YOUNG PEOPLE using the Cursed Language on board an airplane.

you're a good egg, thank you. I'm gonna miss these moral scold conservatives when Republican commentators are 100% overtaken by squealing hogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
coward stern

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

you're a good egg, thank you. I'm gonna miss these moral scold conservatives when Republican commentators are 100% overtaken by squealing hogs.

Interesting username/post combo. :thunk:

But for real, the only way to deal with those fake moral outragers is to look them dead in the face and tell them to shut the gently caress up. Make sure to enunciate every word so there's no confusion.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alessandra go on Cum Town
edit TBH Red Scare would be a better fit.Now that I think about it, I'd listen to that ep.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006
The previous episode with Pareene handled the Russia stuff better IMO. It's a story that they admittedly haven't followed a whole lot, so trying to have an in-depth discussion on it isn't going to be very interesting.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Stickfigure posted:

edit TBH Red Scare would be a better fit.Now that I think about it, I'd listen to that ep.

Michael Tracey appears to be the most recent guest.

lmao

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Michael Tracey appears to be the most recent guest.

lmao

Is he bad? IDK who it is

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The previous episode with Pareene handled the Russia stuff better IMO. It's a story that they admittedly haven't followed a whole lot, so trying to have an in-depth discussion on it isn't going to be very interesting.

Plus Parenne was the only one of the trio that didn't have a shitfit about "Brookyln Leftists" , so they managed to luck out on the only one whose "victory lap" was actually worth a drat.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Stickfigure posted:

Is he bad? IDK who it is

He's a mostly unremarkable freelance journalist who's seen as a kinda laughable figure by left twitter.

He's been having a week-long meltdown about Russiagate that kinda morphed from criticizing 'the media' to criticizing 'Brooklyn leftist hipster journalists' and it became clear that the guy is mostly just sad that these people aren't his friends and don't respect him.

For him to spend all this time complaining about Brooklyn hipsters to then go on Red Scare is just the cherry on top.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

I believe we got us a bona-fide Russiagater in the thread.

The release of the long-form Mueller report will vindicate that person, you just wait!!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Tracey’s appearance on a red Scare was fine and similar to the Chapo coverage. It sounds like Tracey has been skeptical since the start, and is now at least somewhat vindicated. As usual w Red Scare, it’s mostly laughing at the bougie media class that’s perpetuated this story for their gain.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pedro De Heredia posted:

He's a mostly unremarkable freelance journalist who's seen as a kinda laughable figure by left twitter.

He's been having a week-long meltdown about Russiagate that kinda morphed from criticizing 'the media' to criticizing 'Brooklyn leftist hipster journalists' and it became clear that the guy is mostly just sad that these people aren't his friends and don't respect him.

For him to spend all this time complaining about Brooklyn hipsters to then go on Red Scare is just the cherry on top.

smh you forgot the time maxine waters beat him to within an inch of his life

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Michael Tracey is also a dickhead contrarian who interprets absolutely everything Trump and associates say or do in the most generous way possible while for some strange reason never feeling compelled to extend that same charity to anyone on the left.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’m still in russiagate territory. If the report actually exonerated trump and or his family it would have been wallpapered around every right wing media outlet already.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Of course the report is going to make Trump look sleazy; he's already incredibly sleazy and the Democrats haven't done anything about it. But the Russiagate purveyors need the report to be a smoking gun, and of course it isn't.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Russiagate was the dumbest and worst possible option to go after Trump on but it was also the only one the Democrats would be willing to go after since everything else would set a precedent like "You shouldn't launder money, rape or set up phony universities and expect to become president." and I imagine a lot of the people who fund them find that objectionable.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Which is also the case for the people who own MSNBC, CNN et al.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's also the same thing they pointed out about Garland, in the accepting-Republican-frame way, i.e. "surely they'll have to care about this, otherwise they will be revealed as hypocrites!". Conservatives are supposed to be the ones freaked out about Russia etc.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ron Jeremy posted:

I’m still in russiagate territory. If the report actually exonerated trump and or his family it would have been wallpapered around every right wing media outlet already.

i don't doubt junior and others tried to do poo poo with the russians (y'know since he outright admitted to it) but the idea that putin or his cronies would try directly conspire with the dumbest loudest guy alive makes no sense. plus i've always been in the "he didn't actually want to/expect to win" camp.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My main issue was always that it was a very close election so yeah maybe it (or 1000 other things you could choose to highlight instead) "caused" Hilary to lose, but I still couldn't care about inflammatory facebook posts or whatever since Real Americans made thousands of those on their own.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't doubt junior and others tried to do poo poo with the russians (y'know since he outright admitted to it) but the idea that putin or his cronies would try directly conspire with the dumbest loudest guy alive makes no sense. plus i've always been in the "he didn't actually want to/expect to win" camp.

I don't think it's "conspire" like in a spy novel. It's more like "this dumb rear end in a top hat could make a mess for people I don't like, so might as well act nice towards him".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pangstrom posted:

My main issue was always that it was a very close election so yeah maybe it (or 1000 other things you could choose to highlight instead) "caused" Hilary to lose, but I still couldn't care about inflammatory facebook posts or whatever since Real Americans made thousands of those on their own.

yeah the russian propaganda is more self-inflicted than anything. half a century of right wing media primed people for the dumbest most obviously wrong poo poo. compared to the bullshit spewed by fox and the "liberal" media it was a drop in the bucket. the networks gave trump the equivalent of billions of dollars of airtime for free.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah, like it's virtually certain Trump has some kind of shady property deals with some Russian types, but it's highly unlikely to be anything that qualifies as impeachably criminal. That is, not more than the many other more flagrantly impeachable thinga pointed out on the most recent episode, I.e. Trump flat out refusing to divest his business interests

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Turns out nothing's impeachable when your party controls the senate and won't impeach you

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

pangstrom posted:

It’s all bullshit anyway to be concentrating on swaying people who vote. Get all the motherfuckers who didn’t vote in the last presidential election. There are a ton of them! A lot of them are probably real left, considering that right wingers and centrists are represented just fine in American politics.

Also none of this would have been an issue of Hillary had campaigned in loving swing states like Wisconsin and Michigan.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

Also none of this would have been an issue if the Democratic Party had nominated Bernie loving Sanders or like anyone but Hillary, really

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

will is my worst chapo now.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1113120348726312961

(the fan theory, like all of them, is absolute trash.)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah that theory is garbage, 11 demerits for wide dick William

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The best fan theory is the one from Room 237 where the lady just repeats the word "minotaur" as many times as possible

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I agree with Will regarding the film's attempt to awkwardly land in the middle of abstract and explicit mechanics. However the film wholly rejects that dumbass fan theory in its text.

Serf
May 5, 2011

us isn't particularly concerned with the mechanics behind the premise. its far more interested in critiquing class in america

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i somewhat disagree with matt and will because it being an abandoned government experiment is pretty important but how the information was conveyed was a tad awkward (likely peele didn't think the audience would get it otherwise) but yeah the problem with that theory is there's nothing in the film to support it. and its inclusion would make the film weaker.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 2, 2019

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

My totally stupid, unnecessary, and tidy little head cannon is that the failed and subsequently long-abandoned attempt to create a two-way control mechanism of soul-sharing puppet/human pairs is what eventually lead to the realization and perfection of the Coagula Procedure in Get Out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If anyone subscribes to the Current Affairs Patreon, they have an interview with Virgil up.

Apparently the episode they lost was one where they read Dan Nainan's failed TV pilot.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 2, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

My totally stupid, unnecessary, and tidy little head cannon is that the failed and subsequently long-abandoned attempt to create a two-way control mechanism of soul-sharing puppet/human pairs is what eventually lead to the realization and perfection of the Coagula Procedure in Get Out.

Jordan Peele is a supporter of the fan theory that Get Out and Being John Malkovich share a universe.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My favorite think piece on Us by The Root

The Root Link posted:

So here’s what Us really about :

The Wilson family represents the Wilson family. The white people in the movie represent white people. The shadow people represent scary poo poo. The recurring bible verse Jeremiah 11:11 is just a bible verse that could be used in any horror movie. The underground world represents a world that is underground. The rabbits represent rabbits and the all-red outfits represent a wardrobe designer’s thought: “I bet this will really pop on-screen.”

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jordan Peele is a supporter of the fan theory that Get Out and Being John Malkovich share a universe.

Catherine Keener is the key to all this.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just listened to the episode about the horrible, horrible "by and for the troops" zombie "comedy" Range 15. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and under reception it only said that there were no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Figuring that may have changed and no one bothered to update it in two years, I went over there, and saw that there were still zero critical reviews, but an 85% audience score.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

KirbyKhan posted:

My favorite think piece on Us by The Root

Ah yes, the classic “dumbshit insists Old Man And The Sea is just about fishing and nothing else” take we got in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dr Christmas posted:

I just listened to the episode about the horrible, horrible "by and for the troops" zombie "comedy" Range 15. I looked it up on Wikipedia, and under reception it only said that there were no reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Figuring that may have changed and no one bothered to update it in two years, I went over there, and saw that there were still zero critical reviews, but an 85% audience score.

Episode number comrade?