Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I guess MP will work between EGS/Steam because they will likely use those platforms for matchmaking only, where the games will be run on the host machine like BL2/TPS.

I am fine with that.

e: where is the steam pre-order for 2020 link Randy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I found the ps4 remaster but I had to dig for it. Ugh. loving PSN.

Also LMAO at EGS. Good thing all my friends are on PSN. Never installing that EGS trash.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Anyone know if the remaster updates has hit the stand-alone versions on Steam yet?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait, so you can only get the Remaster for free if you bought the GotY bundle on PC, and everyone else (Assuming the Borderlands 1 in the Handsome Collection is functionally the same) can get hosed?

Feels gross to me.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Anyone know if the remaster updates has hit the stand-alone versions on Steam yet?

It's coming 1pm EST.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Unlucky7 posted:

Wait, so you can only get the Remaster for free if you bought the GotY bundle on PC, and everyone else (Assuming the Borderlands 1 in the Handsome Collection is functionally the same) can get hosed?

Feels gross to me.

No, you're supposed to get the remaster regardless of the version of Borderlands 1 you have. Also, the handsome collection never included Borderlands 1.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Unlucky7 posted:

Feels gross to me.

Borderlands 1 isn’t in The Handsome Collection. Just 2 and TPS. Although I guess those are supposed to get minor graphical updates or something?

e: beaten so badly!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

No, you're supposed to get the remaster regardless of the version of Borderlands 1 you have. Also, the handsome collection never included Borderlands 1.

Huh, for some reason I thought it included all the games. I was mistaken then.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Handsome Collection HD update is live on consoles. They're standalone DLC (free, of course).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cant wait to pirate borderlands 3

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Mar 14, 2019 NEWS Epic Game Store, Spyware, Tracking, and You!

March 15, 2019 EPIC Promises to Fix Game Launcher after Privacy Concerns

No judgement, just posting information I found while trying to understand the Epic Store kickback that was new to me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

AirRaid posted:

So hey cool news that this game is coming out in March next year. That’s just under a year from the announcement, pretty good. See you all there.

Lol

So at what point do you think we'll all find out if the Steam and EGS version talk to each other or not?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

From the PS Blog post:
    Atlas now offers guns that fire tracker tags and Smart Bullets; DAHL weapons feature alternate fire modes; and the Maliwan range now incorporates firearms that can toggle between two elements and deal guaranteed elemental damage.

From the PSN deluxe preorder page:
    Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
perhaps expected but still :barf: e:actually this kind of thing was already in BL2 where it was essentially useless. hoping for the same here.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Shoehead posted:

Lol

So at what point do you think we'll all find out if the Steam and EGS version talk to each other or not?

Tentatively I’d say... March next year.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Rinkles posted:

From the PSN deluxe preorder page:
    Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
perhaps expected but still :barf:

Borderlands 2 has both of these already, so definitely expected. Except I didn't preorder so don't know how I got them, might be included as default in the Handsome Collection or something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

Borderlands 2 has both of these already

yeah, i remembered just after posting

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can't find the blog post, is that referring to 1 or 3?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Atlas now offers guns that fire tracker tags and Smart Bullets

oh, so atlas just makes guns again, huh

idk, on one hand i'm glad to see them return, but on the other it tentatively seems weird to me that rhys would be gung ho about being a gun manufacturer again

i guess we'll see how they write around this (poorly)

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Sucks the release date is in March. Oh well!

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Rinkles posted:

From the PS Blog post:
    Atlas now offers guns that fire tracker tags and Smart Bullets; DAHL weapons feature alternate fire modes; and the Maliwan range now incorporates firearms that can toggle between two elements and deal guaranteed elemental damage.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/game-info/#sms=%22atlas%22

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Heads up to people who, like me, may not have played Borderlands 1 for a long time, there's fall damage in this game, don't be like me and leap off a tall cliff and die at the bottom of it to fall damage, also skags are super persistent in this holy poo poo.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nice find. Jakobs now all have ricocheting bullets. I thought all guns would have the option of having extra accessories, like a grenade launcher, but it sounds like they're limited to Vladof

E: but isn't that a grenade launcher on those bottom atlas rifles? So it's probably different kinds of attachments

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Gravy Jones posted:

Borderlands 2 has both of these already, so definitely expected. Except I didn't preorder so don't know how I got them, might be included as default in the Handsome Collection or something.

One was an in game quest reward and the other was a preorder reward that ended up coming with the Mechromancer add on.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

One was an in game quest reward and the other was a preorder reward that ended up coming with the Mechromancer add on.

The XP booster was a quest reward from the Dust area.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Shoehead posted:

Lol

They :airquote: should :airquote: because they are only hosting matchmaking on their services which connects the different peers with each other.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Do we know if an online connection is required?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

If you get it from the EGS, yes. Because it currently can't run offline.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

Do we know if an online connection is required?

How else would they track the micro-transactions?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'll buy it on EGS. Not really bothered.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

They would be crazy not to have Borderlands 3 online only/all-the-time like other games in the genre, otherwise it's hack city. People will just cheat engine their way to 999 stats and infinite rocket launchers with all mods attached and join in on coop games making everything insanely boring

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vadoc posted:

If you get it from the EGS, yes. Because it currently can't run offline.

https://epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/launcher-offline-mode

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They would be crazy not to have Borderlands 3 online only/all-the-time like other games in the genre, otherwise it's hack city. People will just cheat engine their way to 999 stats and infinite rocket launchers with all mods attached and join in on coop games making everything insanely boring

A lot of people liked improving the drop rates.

Some people liked hacking in perfect versions of weapons without going overboard with cheats because of how impossible they were to get legitimately.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Looks like the HD textures for 2 just went up on steam.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

So I, too, care about this. I simply kick people who have bad rear end ranks that are impossible, or if they are wiping things i check their gear (TPS) to see what the story is. I'm fine with people rolling full gear for private games, but really at level perfect gear for a NVHM or early TVHM run using gear that doesn't drop until UVHM :raise:

That's not to say I don't boost the drop rate, or simply spawn npcs to avoid hour+ long grindfests (ogre farming) or even increase evolution rate for SP (vermivorous). There are boundries that simply don't work online.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 3, 2019

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Rinkles posted:

A lot of people liked improving the drop rates.

Some people liked hacking in perfect versions of weapons without going overboard with cheats because of how impossible they were to get legitimately.

Yeah I definitely gibbed myself a perfect DPUH in BL2 instead of grinding the same enemy for a year.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

AzureSkye posted:

Looks like the HD textures for 2 just went up on steam.

Yep, and my bog standard Borderlands 1 just turned into Borderlands GOTY on my Steam library too.

I really hope these updates include multi-core rendering, because both games absolutely jam up a single core right now. Frametimes are atrocious even on my 6700k.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Why would they care about this for a game with literally no competitive element?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Jibo posted:

Why would they care about this for a game with literally no competitive element?

quote:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Jibo posted:

End game is fine, but twinking a L15/35 guy with gear and going into lobbies makes it super boring for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

End game is fine, but twinking a L15/35 guy with gear and going into lobbies makes it super boring for everyone else.

Careful, he'll just ask you why again without reading your post.