Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Nice, I will tell them, because they are super bummed out about hearing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

Someone who also loves this show (is that redundant?) told me that apparently behind the scenes the show is in really bad shape and doubtful it will keep going after the season season.

This rumor went on year after year for Agents of SHIELD until they finally got fed up with it and announced the next TWO seasons in advance

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

amigolupus posted:

Awwww, look at Entrapta just casually hanging her hair off Scorpia's arm. :3:

The interactions between the Super Pal Trio were really the highlight of s1 for me, especially any moment involving Catra and Entrapta were especially adorable, especially Catra's body language in those scenes, and small touches like her wipes the tears from Entrapta's eye with her tail while walking past, or her having an brief expression of actual concern when Entrapta talks about being left behind before going into her more manipulative approach. Did a good job of giving the feeling of Catra seeing the others in the trio simultaneously as pawns in her own ambitions but also people she'd probably genuinely see as friends if she wasn't still kinda reeling from her feeling of betrayal over Adora.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
She-Ra already has 52 episodes confirmed. Four 13 Episode seasons is the minimum, with a possibility of more if Netflix and the Creators want to continue.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

She-Ra already has 52 episodes confirmed. Four 13 Episode seasons is the minimum, with a possibility of more if Netflix and the Creators want to continue.

I couldn't be happier

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

You're gonna be slightly disappointed - the ECCC panel Noelle was on for She-Ra confirmed this upcoming season only has 7 episodes. 52 episodes total is still accurate but it's gonna be broken up into more seasons, presumably because Netflix is loving weird.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

You're gonna be slightly disappointed - the ECCC panel Noelle was on for She-Ra confirmed this upcoming season only has 7 episodes. 52 episodes total is still accurate but it's gonna be broken up into more seasons, presumably because Netflix is loving weird.

I hate Netflix's concept of what a season is so much. Give me at least 12 episodes in a season!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

CuwiKhons posted:

As a fan of Steven Universe, I appreciate the releasing of these new episodes at such a break neck speed.

Senerio posted:

The biggest argument I've seen about the show is whether Entrapta or Scorpia is the best character.

(It's Scorpia. The rest of the Super Pal Trio are #2 and 3 tho)

Truth.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Zerilan posted:

The interactions between the Super Pal Trio were really the highlight of s1 for me, especially any moment involving Catra and Entrapta were especially adorable, especially Catra's body language in those scenes, and small touches like her wipes the tears from Entrapta's eye with her tail while walking past, or her having an brief expression of actual concern when Entrapta talks about being left behind before going into her more manipulative approach. Did a good job of giving the feeling of Catra seeing the others in the trio simultaneously as pawns in her own ambitions but also people she'd probably genuinely see as friends if she wasn't still kinda reeling from her feeling of betrayal over Adora.

The best part for me was Catra's speech in recruiting Entrapta because it's equal parts manipulative and genuine. Like while part of it is Catra empathizing with Entrapta, she's also projecting her own issues super hard onto Entrapta.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

amigolupus posted:

The best part for me was Catra's speech in recruiting Entrapta because it's equal parts manipulative and genuine. Like while part of it is Catra empathizing with Entrapta, she's also projecting her own issues super hard onto Entrapta.

Also their first time on screen together at princess prom and Catra jokingly asking Adora "Is this what love feels like?" Catra's doing things to get under Adora's skin, but she's also doing it there by just being friendly with someone who's getting along with her pretty easily.

On that note the Catra/Scorpia outfit montage in that episode is one of my favorite scenes too.

Really on the whole part of my issue with the early part of the season was not finding most of the good guys quite as interesting as I later found Catra and her trio.

Reminds me of Avatar:TLA where in season 1 it was the stuff regarding Zuko that really got my interest in the series.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zerilan posted:

Also their first time on screen together at princess prom and Catra jokingly asking Adora "Is this what love feels like?" Catra's doing things to get under Adora's skin, but she's also doing it there by just being friendly with someone who's getting along with her pretty easily.

On that note the Catra/Scorpia outfit montage in that episode is one of my favorite scenes too.

Really on the whole part of my issue with the early part of the season was not finding most of the good guys quite as interesting as I later found Catra and her trio.

Reminds me of Avatar:TLA where in season 1 it was the stuff regarding Zuko that really got my interest in the series.

Catra rocked that tux so hard it was ridiculous.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

:agreed:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

The echoes of Catra's tux continue to propagate forward in time. All outfits will forever be judged as fractions of C(atra's tux).

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

:yeah:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey if all y'all see any gifs you want turned into a new av but don't know how just post it here

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I don’t need a new av, but I could always use some Bow. :allears:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The_Doctor posted:

The only villains in the show who are actually villainous are Hordak and Shadow Weaver. Everyone else is more laissez-faire about the whole thing.

Catra was told a machine could gently caress with the environment of the entire planet and immediately jumped at the chance to use it because it would enable her own plans regardless. She's taking every chance at more power she comes across and actively looking for more, has tried to kill a former friend/sibling/lover on at least two occasions and doesn't really care about consequences so long as she's enriched (emotionally, martially, whatever). She's just as bad as Shadow Weaver; she's just more charismatic and has actual motives and a human personality and we've seen her develop so people are less inclined to care.

Catra currently holds Shadow Weaver's old post, and has already been more successful in the same job Shadow Weaver used to have by knowingly putting the entire planet in danger, partially to get revenge on someone she used to be friends/lover/family with and partially to prove her own worth. I don't see how that's not as bad as Shadow Weaver really.

tsob fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 3, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The_Doctor posted:

I don’t need a new av, but I could always use some Bow. :allears:

Everyone could always use some Bow :D

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

tsob posted:

Catra was told a machine could gently caress with the environment of the entire planet and immediately jumped at the chance to use it because it would enable her own plans regardless. She's taking every chance at more power she comes across and actively looking for more, has tried to kill a former friend/sibling/lover on at least two occasions and doesn't really care about consequences so long as she's enriched (emotionally, martially, whatever). She's just as bad as Shadow Weaver; she's just more charismatic and has actual motives and a human personality and we've seen her develop so people are less inclined to care.

Catra currently holds Shadow Weaver's old post, and has already been more successful in the same job Shadow Weaver used to have by knowingly putting the entire planet in danger, partially to get revenge on someone she used to be friends/lover/family with and partially to prove her own worth. I don't see how that's not as bad as Shadow Weaver really.

Yeah, I love the Super Pal Trio, but they're evil even if they're likable characters.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Nimona had a pretty nuanced view of being designated good guys or bad guys and being labelled as a monster for reasons you never had a choice over. But this is a cartoon for kids so they'll prolly just Zuko Catra and all at some point when Hordak decides to go for being the biggest baddest bad against everybody.

Just watched the whole thing since season 2 is soonish and yeah it was pretty alright. Could be gayer though.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

tsob posted:

Shadow Weaver doesn't wear a tux though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Catra's a much better employer than Shadow Weaver.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Robodog posted:

Nimona had a pretty nuanced view of being designated good guys or bad guys and being labelled as a monster for reasons you never had a choice over. But this is a cartoon for kids so they'll prolly just Zuko Catra and all at some point when Hordak decides to go for being the biggest baddest bad against everybody.

Just watched the whole thing since season 2 is soonish and yeah it was pretty alright. Could be gayer though.

Well hopefully they'll add Bow's two dads next season so we'll have gays to add to the lesbians and bisexuals in the show. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, it’s a big ol’ lesbian fest right now, and I could definitely use more gays. Speaking of which...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Everyone could always use some Bow :D

Perfect! Thank you! :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rand Brittain posted:

Catra's a much better employer than Shadow Weaver.

She is at the moment. At the same time though, she's already manipulating her allies and I don't remember anyone in the show treating the subordinates well (not even Bow), so it's not hard to imagine her becoming more manipulative.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Just for the general edification of the thread, there are iMessage She-Ra stickers for the iPhone/iPad.

Just in case you use one of those. Just in case you enjoy flooding your friends phone with Bow

from Snowglobe's post is one of them, btw.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/she-ra-stickers/id1437469149?mt=8

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robodog posted:

We’re pushing maximum gay cap’n she cannae get any more fabulous

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Clearly following SU rules.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks like Catra weaponizes the anti-etherian red poo poo that Entrapta unleashed in one of the S2 episodes.

Meh, might be cool.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like I missed something... why do they think Science Princess died? A door closed. Okay? So open it? What?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I feel like I missed something... why do they think Science Princess died? A door closed. Okay? So open it? What?

Because it was the last in a series of doors where the corridor before it was full of deadly traps.

Entrapta would open the doors just before the trap killed them, they'd go into the next section of deadly corridor, rinse and repeat until they got out.

Then, when they were finally out, Entrapta went back in and the door closed on her and everyone outside heard the trap go off.

So, they all assumed she was dead.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The area behind the last door blew up real good and no one thought to check the air vents because they were kind of in a hurry to not be killed

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I get that it's A Cartoon but I feel like they didn't try very hard.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Yeah if that was indicative of how the previous princess cooperative worked no wonder it collapsed. Adora is the only one who gives a drat.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

There's a huge burst of fire escaping out of the doors as soon as they close so I'm not super surprised the princesses just assumed Entrapta got flame broiled. It's only a quick shot though and the show should have been more clear about it because I also had a friend watch the show and they were confused about why the princesses thought Entrapta was dead too.

What's weirder to me is that Entrapta apparently spent 2 days in the vents and never made any attempt at escaping on her own? I get that she thought her friends were going to come back for her but also she's obviously good at stealth. Just... leave?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CuwiKhons posted:

There's a huge burst of fire escaping out of the doors as soon as they close so I'm not super surprised the princesses just assumed Entrapta got flame broiled. It's only a quick shot though and the show should have been more clear about it because I also had a friend watch the show and they were confused about why the princesses thought Entrapta was dead too.

What's weirder to me is that Entrapta apparently spent 2 days in the vents and never made any attempt at escaping on her own? I get that she thought her friends were going to come back for her but also she's obviously good at stealth. Just... leave?

Way too much cool tech lying around.

No, seriously, that's the answer.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Princesses, like all magic users pay a terrible price on their very sanity.

Also the existence of a red and black tux means that horde city has some kind've evil tailor sewing evil clothes for edgelords.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 5, 2019

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's probably Princess Sewanna or something. Alternately, Scorpia can do some really fine work with her tail.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

tsob posted:

It's probably Princess Sewanna or something. Alternately, Scorpia can do some really fine work with her tail.

Pretty sure they don't allow princesses into horde-city generally save for a few non obvious (closeted if you will...) exceptions like scorpio and entrapta.

They probably have some uniform loom and Catra had to argue with the underpaid operator for a couple of hours about how, yes, a red and black, obviously evil tux... a tux... no.. a tux...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm sticking with my headcanon that Scorpia likes to design and sew outfits for her friends as a hobby.