Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

It’s perfectly fine. The Trader Joe’s stuff is a little bit better but it’s not noticeably worse or anything

Yeah I was gonna say this too. The Trader Joe’s one is pretty good for the price and you aren’t buying as much.

Either way you can’t go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm still trying to get used to them. It's weird to me eating a fish with the skin on and everything. One thing that's good is the ol' Alton Brown recipe for when he was losing weight. I don't remember what the full recipe was but I make it simple.

Toast
Avocado
Sardines

Just throw it under the broiler for a minute and you're good to go.

He toasted the bread with the sardine oil, then mashed up the sardines and mixed some sherry vinegar in (apple cider vinegar is fine). Otherwise, yeah that's it. The spirit of the sandwich is sardines + avocado which is super good.

I don't remember the exact recipe but the Sardine thread loves Fisherman's eggs. Chopped up shallots and some other stuff with whole sardines in a small casserole dish, break a few eggs on top and nuke it at a million degrees for a short time in the oven. It gets nice and hot with a little bit of char while still having runny eggs.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Went to the local CostCo here in South Korea the other day. Pepperoni pizza is gone.

It has been replaced with this abomination. A "sausage pizza".

I am heartbroken. What do I do? A comment card was written, what is the next step?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

cryptoclastic posted:

Went to the local CostCo here in South Korea the other day. Pepperoni pizza is gone.

I am heartbroken. What do I do? A comment card was written, what is the next step?

Give it up my friend. South Korea doesn't really like pepperoni, and that looks like a typical Korean pizza.

The only pizza I enjoyed when I lived in Korea was Gino's in Itaewon, but that was a dude deliberately replicating NY style pizza as faithfully as possible.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
🙏

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

pnumoman posted:

Give it up my friend. South Korea doesn't really like pepperoni, and that looks like a typical Korean pizza.

The only pizza I enjoyed when I lived in Korea was Gino's in Itaewon, but that was a dude deliberately replicating NY style pizza as faithfully as possible.

Gino's Far East

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

🌭🙏🍕

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Day 4 eating a Costco Shepard's pie for lunch.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I forgot what other food tastes like. There is no end in sight. Please send help and/or a 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and soda (with refill)

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

I forgot what other food tastes like. There is no end in sight. Please send help and/or a 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and soda (with refill)

You will be missed.

Just got back from the 'Co. Only went for a few things, 200 Canuckistanian kopecs later...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

arisu posted:

My toilet paper lasts forever cause I try to get my pooping in on company time

:hai:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

cryptoclastic posted:

That looks like they used polish sausage or kielbasa instead of crumbled sausage. Also is the white a swirl of cheese of some kind?

I'd probably still try a slice.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Trastion posted:

Also is the white a swirl of cheese of some kind?

Thats the big question for me. Really hoping that its not cream cheese.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Trastion posted:

That looks like they used polish sausage or kielbasa instead of crumbled sausage. Also is the white a swirl of cheese of some kind?

I'd probably still try a slice.

Gonna guess it's not polish or kielbasa. Sausage in Korean is essentially a loanword for hotdog. European sausage making culture, and consuming such products, isn't really prevalent in Korea, although things are slowly changing. My guess is that it's a hotdog, potato, and olive pizza with a swirl of some sort of cream sauce.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats the big question for me. Really hoping that its not cream cheese.

Heavy duty, high-viscosity mayonnaise?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I'm sending Costco templars to Korea to enforce proper pizza recipes. If they want to sell bulgogi or some other weird poo poo, that's fine. You do not gently caress with the Dog or the 'Za.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I regret not looking at the food court at Costco in Japan to see if they had corn mayo pizza.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Made Dino nuggets

I pan fried them in bacon grease

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Heavy duty, high-viscosity mayonnaise?

Oh god, that's probably it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't eat chicken nuggies but all of this talk about the dino nuggets has me interested. I'm down to 1.5 rolls of rear end paper so I'm going to have to make a trip very soon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Are the dino nuggets pre cooked? Recently in Canada it has been a thing where some nuggets that come pre breaded but not cooked and idiots just stick them in the microwave then end up getting salmonella. Despite the packaging saying “COOK THOROUGHLY” and “DO NOT MICROWAVE”

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

priznat posted:

Are the dino nuggets pre cooked? Recently in Canada it has been a thing where some nuggets that come pre breaded but not cooked and idiots just stick them in the microwave then end up getting salmonella. Despite the packaging saying “COOK THOROUGHLY” and “DO NOT MICROWAVE”

Dino nuggets are pre cooked and also made in Quebec

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 3, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just put some of the pre-cooked Tortilini (which is :awesome: IMO) in a toaster oven for 12 minutes at 350. It didn't burn but I didn't moisten them so they were a little crisp.

I'll have to try pre-soaking them in salt water before cooking them next time.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Schadenboner posted:

I just put some of the pre-cooked Tortilini (which is :awesome: IMO) in a toaster oven for 12 minutes at 350. It didn't burn but I didn't moisten them so they were a little crisp.

I'll have to try pre-soaking them in salt water before cooking them next time.

Every once and I while I catch the lobster ravioli in the deli area and let me tell you those are legit as gently caress

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Speaking of seafood costco has some of the best king crab legs I've had in a long time - they're stupid easy if you follow Alton Brown's recipe for steaming them in the microwave, and you can have a $200 seafood feast for maybe $60 and about 10 minutes of prep work and cooking combined.

They sell them every other weekend (?) at the seafood cart so you don't have to buy 20 lbs or whatever.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

cryptoclastic posted:

rejoice? that looks amazing

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Whooping Crabs posted:

Gino's Far East

Fuckin spot on mate. Went to the co tonight for tortilla chips and booze and came home with that plus some travel clothes. Praise be.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I was paying for my 5 lb bag of spinach and Kirkland peanuts today and a blessed thing occurred; my tithing had lapsed so I was able to add 120 directly to the collection plate!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Blessed lobster claws, documented here: https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/news/2019/3/costco-is-selling-terrifyingly-huge-lobster-claws

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Every once and I while I catch the lobster ravioli in the deli area and let me tell you those are legit as gently caress

They are good!

If any of them break open when you're unpacking them, scoop out all the poo poo and heat it with some white wine, little lemon zest, some butter, maybe old bay, and you've got a nice sauce for them.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

cryptoclastic posted:

Is that pineapple or potatoes? Pineapple is a hard pass. Potatoes are a hard WOULD.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Is that pineapple or potatoes? Pineapple is a hard pass. Potatoes are a hard WOULD.

I want to say potatoes but it’s also Korea so really who the gently caress knows what is it? Maybe it’s lychee?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Until this is resolved I am at a steady hard MAYBE :thunk:

Also, brb, gotta go buy a 10lb lobster claw.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Also, brb, gotta go buy a 10lb lobster claw.

I want one of those. Saw the articles. Costco is literally across the street. But I don't want to accidentally walk out with a pallet of cheese, a 4k tv, 10lbs of asparagus, and a new set of tires. Gonna have to fire up the willpower before shopping.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I want to say potatoes but it’s also Korea so really who the gently caress knows what is it? Maybe it’s lychee?

It's definitely potatoes, potato and bacon pizza is very popular and pineapple on pizza is relatively unknown over there.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Upgraded to a ROCK HARD WOULD. Mail me some bacon potato pizza.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the talk about canned sardines made me really hungry for some canned smoked oysters for some reasons. Super disappointed that Costco (at least here) doesn't carry any.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd go for some pizza with potatoes, pineapple, and bacon in a split second.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gently caress now I just want any kind of pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
The gently caress? Potatoes on pizza?

...why the gently caress isn't that a thing over here in the states?