Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

wiegieman posted:

Geralt's story is finished. He grows wine or something now.

I think coming up with a new protagonist and a new bent to the story is probably still much easier than re-designing everything from scratch in a game that is pretty much all story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think coming up with a new protagonist and a new bent to the story is probably still much easier than re-designing everything from scratch in a game that is pretty much all story.

I'd be fine with stories of other witchers tbh. Or even other stories related to the other worlds that got caught up in the conjunction. The universe is just so rich, you could make so many creative games based on other people or places in the universe assuming you had a team of decent writers (which they obviously do).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I'd be fine with stories of other witchers tbh. Or even other stories related to the other worlds that got caught up in the conjunction. The universe is just so rich, you could make so many creative games based on other people or places in the universe assuming you had a team of decent writers (which they obviously do).

I want a "Vernon Roche & Ves - Secret Agents" game, where you pick one at the start and then basically play Termerian James Bond.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CottonWolf posted:

I want a "Vernon Roche & Ves - Secret Agents" game, where you pick one at the start and then basically play Termerian James Bond.

There’s been a big lack of cool spy rpgs since alpha protocol so yes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want more Witcher 3 DLC that shows what happened to Iorveth and Saskia

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want more Witcher 3 DLC that shows what happened to Iorveth and Saskia

That would be fantastic. And port the Witcher 2 ,you cowards!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I think Iorveth and Saskia had to run for it when Nilfgaard rolled over the entire region. The Nilfgaardians wouldn't let anyone run their own enclave state in their new borders.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Agreed. Thronebreaker is solid evidence that the creative well of the witcher universe hasn't even begun to run dry yet, and Geralt only makes a short cameo in that.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

pnumoman posted:

Realistically, I'm betting on them finally announcing that other rpg project they said they're releasing.
Hopefully something original and not more medieval fantasy shlock. There should be more contemporary RPGs.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

There’s been a big lack of cool spy rpgs since alpha protocol so yes

A spiritual successor to Alpha Protocol by CDPR would make me die from happiness.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

alex314 posted:

I've watched their investors call and financially they are pretty good: high cash reserves and still decent sales of older titles. They won't pay dividends this year too.

My one regret in life is not investing in Eastern Poland.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

pnumoman posted:

A spiritual successor to Alpha Protocol by CDPR would make me die from happiness.

There's no reason why they'd feel the need to go for it given the cost and the alternatives open to them, but they'd do a D&D game just fine (not copying across the mechanics, just taking us back to the Sword Coast).

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

wiegieman posted:

He grows wine or something

Trying to explain why this is funny enough to have laughed loud enough to wake up my wife is impossible. Shes mad now.

Doesnt matter. It was funny.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Its not that they need to, its that they will. Same way they could not stop making Mass Effect games. CDPR will make them till they stop being wildly profitable. From is 100% doing another soulsbourne game, they have just grown to the point they do not need to be linked to only that. If no one goes crazy for Not Geralt as the protagonist, they'll shelve it for a decade like DMC. However even Not Geralt will make a poo poo ton of money for CDPR if its competently done.

Dunno about that. ProjektRed isn't run by a megacorp which will cynically push stuff out until returns diminish so they can make their ROI for the shareholder report this year... Yet. I men those involved in the company directly only own a minority of it but to my understanding the remaining shares aren't highly concentrated. No doubt the money will be a consideration, but I don't think they'd go for it unless they also had a new idea to flesh out in making another game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alchenar posted:

There's no reason why they'd feel the need to go for it given the cost and the alternatives open to them, but they'd do a D&D game just fine (not copying across the mechanics, just taking us back to the Sword Coast).

I can't think of a more boring setting than the loving Sword coast again

anything else would be better

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still feel that if CD Projekt decides to do the Witcher successor/sequel (as opposed to just "a game set in Witcher universe", in which case sky is the limit), Ciri should be the new protagonist.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I still feel that if CD Projekt decides to do the Witcher successor/sequel (as opposed to just "a game set in Witcher universe", in which case sky is the limit), Ciri should be the new protagonist.

I feel like her story is pretty much done as well as Geralt's though. I'm still hoping she shows up in Cyberpunk and becomes an easter egg type character that shows up in all of CDPR's games going forward since she can travel to different dimensions.

The problem with Geralt is it is difficult to make an RPG when your character should be at max power from the start. I think doing a prequel Witcher game where you play a kid going through the trial of grasses and beyond would be awesome.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

insider posted:

I feel like her story is pretty much done as well as Geralt's though. I'm still hoping she shows up in Cyberpunk and becomes an easter egg type character that shows up in all of CDPR's games going forward since she can travel to different dimensions.

The problem with Geralt is it is difficult to make an RPG when your character should be at max power from the start. I think doing a prequel Witcher game where you play a kid going through the trial of grasses and beyond would be awesome.

That's a really interesting idea considering we know there are a bunch of other witcher schools, but there is basically no information on them at all.

except Cat, gently caress those guys

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

pnumoman posted:

:cool:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

don't tease us like this

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

don't tease us like this

I'm just saying it's cool, cause I worked on AP.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Nah, I want IO Interactive to have a go at Alpha Protocol, if they ever get a chance to make a second game while making more Hitman, which they should make forever.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

You're right, that is cool.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Where is ropekid

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

I'm still going to speculate wildly based on your post and get my hopes up in an entirely unreasonable manner.

Just be glad I'm not a games "journalist" that's desperate for clickbait.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

JBP posted:

Where is ropekid

did not work on AP

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big fan of that game.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

When you’re done with 77 please make AP2, tia!
:worship:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Do it again please.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

JBP posted:

Where is ropekid

fixing PoE 2

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

dogstile posted:

Do it again please.

But in Polish style:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Kloss_(video_game)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

insider posted:

A game staring Empress Ciri of Nilfgaard would extremely fun, I dunno. Though Ciri seems like she would curb most of Nilfgaard 's expansionist tendencies, which is less fun

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

A game staring Empress Ciri of Nilfgaard would extremely fun, I dunno. Though Ciri seems like she would curb most of Nilfgaard 's expansionist tendencies, which is less fun

Ciri would 100% get bored after a few years and start spending more and more time wandering leaving more and more power in the hands of advisers that may or may not have the same ideas about governance.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
thank you for making AP one of my favorite games

cheers, have some

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I finally got around to watching that long gameplay trailer, holy poo poo this looks amazing and I'm now seriously considering building a new PC rig for it.

I haven't built one since 2011 though so I have no clue what's current.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Overpriced everything is the current craze

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Have the prices of video cards gone down at all since the bitcoin bubble burst?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Xarbala posted:

Yes. But it's still better to wait on release date and specs and to skip the entirety of first gen RTX as to buy things now

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Xarbala posted:

Yes and No

Yes they're down relatively compared to when GPU mining was all the rage

No they (Nvidia)'re up because Nvidia just made high-end card prices the new midrange prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Nvidia fuckin' sucks man. Raytracing owns though so hopefully Cyberpunk 2077 has RTX support so I can look at videos of somebody running it with raytraced GI (because I will never be able to afford an RTX card that's also fast enough to produce that sort of visuals at a playable framerate)