Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

Oh great, 'oodles of sinister foreigners are just waiting for the moment Japan lets its guard down to swoop in and wreck poo poo'. Never heard that one before.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a factor as Toyoda's tournament seems to be the main plotline, and KA has a ton of goodwill banked up, but I got my eye on you, manga. Watch it.

This is just the story of Marvel's Spider-Man but with a fighting tournament instead of supervillains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mary Annette posted:

Oh great, 'oodles of sinister foreigners are just waiting for the moment Japan lets its guard down to swoop in and wreck poo poo'. Never heard that one before.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a factor as Toyoda's tournament seems to be the main plotline, and KA has a ton of goodwill banked up, but I got my eye on you, manga. Watch it.

What do you think Globalization and Global Capital is about? WacDonald's is waiting at the gates to gobble up Boss Burger.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Plutonis posted:

What do you think Globalization and Global Capital is about? WacDonald's is waiting at the gates to gobble up Boss Burger.

OK, now I desperately want a KA prequel set during the 80s bubble economy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If the sinister foreigners are American capitalists then I'm okay with it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mary Annette posted:

I mean the guy who talks about sinister foreigners invading Japan is specifically characterized as dangerous, sociopathic manchild, so it hardly seems like something Kengan Omega endorses.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mary Annette posted:

The mangaka is just setting up the plot hook for the next sequel, Kengan Gamma Beta - International Tournament Edition. This will be where Boldman Zachs, Wacdonalds, Moogle and their affiliated fighters finally make their appearances.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dias posted:

its actually the CCP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

koga isn't entirely a little poo poo

https://mangadex.org/chapter/577811/1

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm liking José already.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Seki is such a bro :allears:

I feel a little bad for Koga, he's getting humbled right and left.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

koga isn't entirely a little poo poo

https://mangadex.org/chapter/577811/1

including koga himself, how many people have now kicked koga's rear end?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Angry Lobster posted:

Seki is such a bro :allears:

I feel a little bad for Koga, he's getting humbled right and left.

Dude needs to learn to stop talking poo poo when he can't back it up.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dude needs to learn to stop talking poo poo when he can't back it up.

He's learning, slowly but surely and with lots of pain as well.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I find it a little silly that Koga, who is generally built like a brick shithouse can't even stagger someone (even someone very big) with a full cresent kick to the head. The whole thing with Koga is that his fundamentals are extremely solid.

Like, putting on 15 more pounds of muscle and learning punch/kick magic shouldn't turn that same kick into a knockdown for example.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

including koga himself, how many people have now kicked koga's rear end?
  • Ohma
  • Koga
  • Kokori
  • Ryuki
  • Himuro
  • Seki (squat king)
  • Jose (Mental Victory)
  • Yamashita

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Based Jose with the great taste

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how Gaoh's, gonna be training. Makes sense that he'd be at a disadvantage using something that looks like Ohma's fighting style. Everyone's probably poured over all the moves for that one since he came out of nowhere and only lost in the finals.

Fabricated posted:

I find it a little silly that Koga, who is generally built like a brick shithouse can't even stagger someone (even someone very big) with a full cresent kick to the head. The whole thing with Koga is that his fundamentals are extremely solid.

Like, putting on 15 more pounds of muscle and learning punch/kick magic shouldn't turn that same kick into a knockdown for example.

That's basically been Jun's entire credo in the last one though? You're a pro wrestler so you take every hit and gently caress up their form so they're actually hurting themselves while they're hitting you. Him training other people to do the same is pretty drat impressive, considering how much of a nightmare his training is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm liking José already.

cheers

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

RareAcumen posted:

That's basically been Jun's entire credo in the last one though? You're a pro wrestler so you take every hit and gently caress up their form so they're actually hurting themselves while they're hitting you. Him training other people to do the same is pretty drat impressive, considering how much of a nightmare his training is.

So in other words, he made Wimp Lo's fighting style into an actual threat?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A week late on this discussion, but the only problematic thing about Kengan Asura's portrayal of businessmen is that it falsely implies they are cool bros who are fun to hang out with.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It implies that about the CEOs who get to make Big Decisions and live on the edge. The few middle management types have been Kazzy's obnoxious coworker or Kazzy himself, a salaryman who gave up on life. This is probably worse tbh but the whole comic is about the secret world of CEOs.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Betcha eating massive amounts of food will be the most difficult part of Koga’s wrestling training.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Koga seems like a punky Ohma who never had a 'master' to teach him.

Everyone we know from Ashura so far says he has potential and that means a lot. If Sekibyashi sees you bashing up his #1 guy even though your not doing much he sees what you can do.

I look forward to Koga's evolution into being a 'normal guy' fighter

Or he goes to Purgatory and the manga becomes him vs uhh poo poo that Ohma looking cat who also owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He'll join the kengan matches because he doesn't know ohma is dead and wants to fight him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whenever he has a conversation about ohma with anyone it gets interrupted.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I want to see how long they can keep that going.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sindai posted:

I want to see how long they can keep that going.

Hopefully it goes up to the very last chapter where Ohma reveals he's not dead, at which point Koga will ask "Who's this guy?"

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dias posted:

Folks the villain is Japanese Donald Trump; I think I'm going to extend them to courtesy here of why they'll be the villains in the future

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that guy fucks though

donald trump has never hosed

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

that guy fucks though

donald trump has never hosed

His dumbfuck kids look just like him; he's never given a woman an orgasm while Japanese fight club Trump has

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this guy has created numerous successful businesses, from scratch, without inherited wealth. he's muscular, eloquent and decisive. he's only similar to trump if you happen to be ben garrison.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

this guy has created numerous successful businesses, from scratch, without inherited wealth. he's muscular, eloquent and decisive. he's only similar to trump if you happen to be ben garrison.

He only gets Japanese McDonalds

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell, I'd get McDonald's.

I miss their fish burgers.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
mcdonald's chicken nuggets have the texture of cardboard.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Inflammatory posted:

mcdonald's chicken nuggets have the texture of cardboard.

dunno bout that guy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
poo poo's getting hype!!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/584411/1

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So it turns out the dude with Kure eyes isn't actually a Kure? Maybe an offshoot branch? Or maybe he's from the original branch and the Kure were based off that branch? Wu seems like a Chinese surname, so maybe the Removal art originated in China?

Also who will the other 9 fighters be? Gaolong and Wakatsuki make 2, and if we assume that our 2 plucky protagonists will make it in, that leaves 9 more. Wonder if they'll mostly be new characters or oldies from Kengan Ashura. I'm hoping to see Raian, Haru, and Rihito most of all.

EDIT:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It seems pretty clear that the Chinese-American(?) Wu comes from an older family and the Japanese Kure clan is the offshoot that ran off 1000 years ago.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I hope the Kengan Association brings back The Beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well the Motorhead Motors guy is part of the Nogi clique, so I'd expect either Kuroki Gensai or Rihito to be one of the 9 as well