Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dunno why I slept so long on Sorry To Bother You but drat it really is excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's really great. I can't get enough Lakeith Stanfield. make sure to check out Atlanta if you haven't watched it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah it's really great. I can't get enough Lakeith Stanfield. make sure to check out Atlanta if you haven't watched it.

While it would be a waste of his talents, I love the fancasting of Lakeith Stanfield as Spike in the Cowboy Bebop live action show. I'd love to see him play that role.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I thought I was starting to understand what what’s going on in OA season 2 but then...
Episode 4
giant talking psychic murdering octopus in a secret underground nightclub outa nowhere

This show is great.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I just finished The OA season 2, and I've decided nuh-uh, no, gently caress that. I actually said "oh, gently caress you, show" out loud.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

atholbrose posted:

I just finished The OA season 2, and I've decided nuh-uh, no, gently caress that. I actually said "oh, gently caress you, show" out loud.

It sounds like a pretty faithful continuance of the first season then

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

While it would be a waste of his talents, I love the fancasting of Lakeith Stanfield as Spike in the Cowboy Bebop live action show. I'd love to see him play that role.

Dude that would be great

And yeah Atlanta is top gear

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

air- posted:

Went in totally blind on Legend of Cocaine Island and I'm glad it was as ridiculous as it sounded. I liked it since it had the same humor/style as I, Tonya except none of the characters had talent.
I know a couple of people who were in that movie (nobody whose face was hidden), and I can attest that north Florida is largely populated by living cartoon characters.

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Apr 2, 2019

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I just finished OA Season 2...
They managed to have an even more ridiculous ending than Season 1...
I loved it.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Tainen posted:

I just finished OA Season 2...
They managed to have an even more ridiculous ending than Season 1...
I loved it.

I just finished it too. I hope there is a season 3!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Stop trying to trick me into watching it

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
It's not bad. While the dialogue is sometimes a bit stilted and the exposition a little too on the nose, the visuals are great and it's trippy and goofy as gently caress. It's fun and inventive and scratches whatever itch it is supposed to I guess. If that's not a flippant endorsement I dunno what is!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cocaine island is great because the main character loves doing the reenactments

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Still watching All American on Netflix and didn't know that there is over a month between the end of the regular season and the playoffs in CA high school football, and scouting combines for players inbtw.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Just finished The Highwaymen on Netflix and it was pretty good, if somewhat forgettable. One thing the film did that I found interesting was that Bonnie and Clyde were not really shown close up until the moment they are killed by the posse. The viewer sees them from afar at several points but when you finally see their faces, it really did humanize them in a way I wasn't expecting. A fine narrative device that elevated an otherwise passable film.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Midgetskydiver posted:

Just finished The Highwaymen on Netflix and it was pretty good, if somewhat forgettable. One thing the film did that I found interesting was that Bonnie and Clyde were not really shown close up until the moment they are killed by the posse. The viewer sees them from afar at several points but when you finally see their faces, it really did humanize them in a way I wasn't expecting. A fine narrative device that elevated an otherwise passable film.

It was passable, but I think like 90% of that was Woody Harrelson. Swap him out for a more generic actor and the movie becomes a boring slog. I feel like I've posted this same comment about a bunch of films this week, but it was just too long. It didn't need to be 2hrs+ but I'm starting to clue into the fact that Netflix model seems to produce this kind of bloated result more often than not(The Apostle comes to mind immediately).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

24 hours to live is loving terrible.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The Tick season 2 just dropped on Amazon Prime. Early reports suggest it is quite excellent. I liked the first season a lot so I'm excited.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Stinks that it's two episodes shorter than season 1 but hurray they didn't do the same "release half of the season now and the second half 6 months later" bullshit this time.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I think the new Twilight Zone is bad, what a dumb way to remake a classic episode.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Junkie Disease posted:

I think the new Twilight Zone is bad, what a dumb way to remake a classic episode.

The episode would be good if they took the last scene out.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Or his pilot friend

I think my trial of CBS is over. I dont have much hope for Twilight Zone reboot, I binged Star Trek Discovery which by comparison makes Farscape seem easy to follow. Every drat character is some sort of chosen one or everyone around them is the chosen one or extra unique its like a ship full of Wesley Crushers.
The interface is just dumb as hell in a browser.

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 5, 2019

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I watched the comedian episode of the new twilight zone. I'd like to say it was at least interesting but... https://youtu.be/K4Fvsgv0bYw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pycckuu posted:

Wakefield on netflix is peak Cranston. The movie starts off real strong but kind of loses steam towards the end, but its well worth a watch just because of the performance he puts in.

Agree with all this, and would add that it does some neat new things with the "Rear Window genre"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I watched the comedian episode of the new twilight zone. I'd like to say it was at least interesting but... https://youtu.be/K4Fvsgv0bYw

Yeah, same

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

The episode would be good if they took the last scene out.

I was hoping it was going to end with writing himself out then appearing in a mirror "eddie's" where all the people he wrote off ended up and they all tear him to pieces

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Junkie Disease posted:

Every drat character is some sort of chosen one or everyone around them is the chosen one or extra unique its like a ship full of Wesley Crushers.

that was TNG too, tbf.

like, as far as normal people on the TNG Enterprise, you had... O'Brien, Beverly and arguably Riker, and that's literally it. other than that, you have the one bald man in space, a Klingon, an android, a telepath, a child prodigy, and a horny blind guy with experimental engineering-goggles.

e: Riker only counts as "normal" if you don't take his affinity for ramming his penis into anything non-human as a quirk

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Was Geordi "horny"? I haven't seen TNG in a few years but I don't remember that being a part of his character.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Midgetskydiver posted:

Was Geordi "horny"? I haven't seen TNG in a few years but I don't remember that being a part of his character.

He constructed a hologram based off one of his old teachers for the sole purpose of romancing her, and yet he had the balls to think he was above Barclay.

DS9 was the best one of that era. You had one chosen one, and he didn't take poo poo from anyone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Detective No. 27 posted:

He constructed a hologram based off one of his old teachers for the sole purpose of romancing her, and yet he had the balls to think he was above Barclay.

DS9 was the best one of that era. You had one chosen one, and he didn't take poo poo from anyone.

I love in a later episode when she comes aboard the ship and finds the hologram and just gets creep out by it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Midgetskydiver posted:

yeah he tries and fails to get laid all the time

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Our Planet on Netflix is very very good. Basically Planet Earth III but with stronger emphasis on the climate change angle.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BigglesSWE posted:

Our Planet on Netflix is very very good. Basically Planet Earth III but with stronger emphasis on the climate change angle.

Looks good, but I'm not sure I want to be guilt tripped by Sir David this weekend.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BisterdDave posted:

Looks good, but I'm not sure I want to be guilt tripped by Sir David this weekend.

He does have quite a tragic tone I his voice this time around, more than usual, so be warned.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Do any animals die or get violently attacked? I love those shows but hate those parts

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that was TNG too, tbf.

like, as far as normal people on the TNG Enterprise, you had... O'Brien, Beverly and arguably Riker, and that's literally it. other than that, you have the one bald man in space, a Klingon, an android, a telepath, a child prodigy, and a horny blind guy with experimental engineering-goggles.

e: Riker only counts as "normal" if you don't take his affinity for ramming his penis into anything non-human as a quirk

Not to the degree of Discovery, cept for...horny? I mean he could see through clothes his life was hell

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Is youtube finds of old greatlookin poo poo allowed here?
Someones got UFO in a very good rip up there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1XOacWCbuo

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Do any animals die or get violently attacked? I love those shows but hate those parts

Halfway through the first episode and so far no except if you feel bad for mackerel

But they show a flamingo baby doomed because of huge pink leggings made of salt

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Boy Band Con is the second YouTube original thing I've seen, and it's a pretty good doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Junkie Disease posted:

Not to the degree of Discovery, cept for...horny? I mean he could see through clothes his life was hell

Dude literally made a VR fuckmaid out of some random person he got a crush on