Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat

Cain Velasquez signed with AAA and will be at TripleMania 26

TripleMania will air on TV Azteca, not PPV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

We finally get to learn if La Parka is a shooter like he said

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If Cain joins the clowns and does topes I will never say anything bad about AAA again

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm kind of surprised ESPN+ or DAZN hasn't thrown a few bucks at one of the Mexican orgs to be a primary US distributor of their content given how many Mexican-Americans there are.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Looks like Cain's opponent has been announced

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfCN_-FkAk/

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Cain posed with like that with 4 guys, I don’t think the opponent is official yet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its Cain, he'll probably blow a knee out doing some dumb rear end no gains exercise.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MSG

PWInsider posted:

AAA will be holding a press conference next Thursday 4/5 at Madison Square Garden.

A press advisory issued regarding the conference noted AAA was coming to the United States in September 2019 and that the conference would include an opportunity for "AAA’s top executive share his vision for Lucha Libre’s next chapter."

As PWInsider.com reported last year, AAA had two holds to run Madison Square Garden for the Fall of 2018, dates that came and passed without any shows being officially announced or run. As PWInsider.com reported in June 2018, "We are told that AAA is working on strategies for running this Fall but have also considered pushing back their debut until 2019 as they want to maximize it and not waste the time, money and effort going into the debut."

One would think this press conference would reveal a debut date for AAA running MSG, potentially in partnership with All Elite Wrestling, who they are officially partnered with.

AAA ran the Theater in Madison Square Garden (now known as the Hulu Theater) in July 1994, headlined by Konnan & Cien Caras & Perro Aguayo vs. Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr & Jake Roberts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
AAA is running MSG in September after WWE does two nights at MSG.

The other September date (which I was told in October) is in LA and MOSTLY LIKELY at the Forum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thank you Young Bucks.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mob posted:

Finally that one thing which was holding Ivelisse back from tons of bookings has been lifted

quote:

(...)The settlement does free up Fantasma, Ivelisse, Ryan and Moon (who also wrestles as Thunder Rosa) to negotiate and work with whoever, a huge deal for Fantasma who will surely be courted by WWE amongst other promotions. Ryan meanwhile is expected to sign with All Elite Wrestling, where he has a strong relationship with higher ups the Young Bucks (he is a frequent contributor on their Being the Elite program) while Kobra Moon will continue to work for AXS TV’s Women of Wrestling program and Ring of Honor. No word on what Ivelisse’s plans are at this time(...)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ivelisse vs Will Ospreay in a twitter ratio battle royale.

E:

The coolest rapper alive is hyped for tonight's CMLL

https://twitter.com/speakz/status/1111648536502906881

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 29, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider confirmed the first talents scheduled for appearances at the MSG AAA presser are Blue Demon Jr, Konnan, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Drago, Aerostar, Puma King, Daga and Taya Valkyrie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If ROH running MSG angered Vince imagine how pissed his old racist corpse must be that Mexicans are now doing shows there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With AEW

quote:

Roldán says he envisions a show that marries AAA’s top homegrown stars with well-known American talent. AAA has a working relationship with All Elite Wrestling (AEW).

“We are going to create a crossover show,” Roldán said. “It’s even going to be in the two languages, English and Spanish, to make everybody feel comfortable. We are also going to explain to the American audience which are the rules and what the differences are between the regular American wrestling versus Lucha Libre.”

Emphasizing the need to connect New York fans with Lucha Libre culture and talent, he added, “We are working so that everybody can understand what we are doing and what they are seeing,” he said.

Roldán calls AAA running Maidson Square Garden a game changer and a model for their continued expansion across the Untied States.

“It will be much more easy for us to have a success at Madison Square Garden and to try to copy that to all the different venues. We want to start in the top level, and we think that we are going to have many promoters from all over America wanting to have our show.”

Tickets for AAA’s debut at Madison Square Garden go on sale May 5th, Cinqo de Mayo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When is the last time a wrestling show at MSG did under 5000 paid

edit: found it

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&show=22203

quote:

Thursday, 1994/08/25
Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York (United States of America)
Audience 4300

Thurman Plugg defeated Quebecer Pierre
Adam Bomb defeated Kwang (9:53 minutes)
Tom Prichard and Jimmy Del Ray defeated Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Butch and Bushwhacker Luke) (11:33 minutes)
WWF Women’s Title Match Alundra Blayze (c) defeated Bull Nakano (8:15 minutes)
WWF Tag Team Titles Match Shawn Michaels and Diesel defeated Headshrinkers (Fatu and Samu) (c) by disqualification (18:04 minutes)
Jeff Jarrett and Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Mabel and Doink the Clown (5:42 minutes)
Strap Match Irwin R. Schyster defeated Tatanka (7:39 minutes)
Bret Hart and Razor Ramon defeated Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart (15:14 minutes)

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 4, 2019

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It will sell out if they promote it as AAA/AEW

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if that show happens, I doubt WWE will mind. If it sells out and books a return that also sells out(this is the key metric), watch the firetrucks in Stanford.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

When is the last time a wrestling show at MSG did under 5000 paid

edit: found it

https://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=shows&show=22203

About 2 of these matches sound watchable, the rest, yikes

(the tag title match and the main)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A 7 minute strap match between Tatanka and IRS sounds like a spectacle tho.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Alundra/Bull didn't get much time but it'd be fun to see live

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I Before E posted:

Alundra/Bull didn't get much time but it'd be fun to see live

Fair enough, I missed that when I was reading the card, if it got around 10-15 minutes it'd be good.

Wish WWE would have inducted Bull instead of fuckin' Brutus, but it's not my HOF, I guess.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dave says AEW is not going to be on the card at this time.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MassRafTer posted:

Dave says AEW is not going to be on the card at this time.

this is a poor decision

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny was clearly scared of having to job to a clown. the coward :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

this is a poor decision

for who though

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

for who though

AEW will be fine as long as their first few PPVs go well and the TV show takes off

can't say the same about AAA unless they get a regular show that isn't LU on American TV

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Super No Vacancy posted:

for who though

AAA because they'll never sell out a venue in New York, AEW because we won't get to see Joey Janela vs Joe Lider

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

AAA because they'll never sell out a venue in New York, AEW because we won't get to see Joey Janela vs Pagano

Ftfy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Unless they do a US tour to support it, I can't see how AAA does well in MSG. I think they might have TV in NYC because of the satellite channels or whatever but they're banking filling the venue on the hind end of the summer travel season.

Interestingly enough, it is a date of significance in Latin American history so they have some gaga to play with. Also the start of National Hispanic Heritage Month so they might find something if they can cross promote.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider confirmed the first talents scheduled for appearances at the MSG AAA presser are Blue Demon Jr, Konnan, Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Drago, Aerostar, Puma King, Daga and Taya Valkyrie

welp. lol

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1115697289593487360

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its okay, its AAA, there will be another Aerostar.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

now while he won Rey de Reyes is coming into focus

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1115416843894837254

*bad to the bone intensifies*

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wanted to get his son booked and probably didn't get payed what he asked for if the rumors about the Orange Cassidy show are anything to go by

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

KungFu Grip posted:

wanted to get his son booked and probably didn't get payed what he asked for if the rumors about the Orange Cassidy show are anything to go by

what are the rumors about the orange cassidy show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

what are the rumors about the orange cassidy show

they didn't pay people the agreed to amounts. but they sorted it out later

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d wait to make any judgments related to the Orange Cassidy show just because of how last minute the whole thing was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I mean, we have seen how OC moves in the ring, so it figures him counting money and distributing it to the wrestlers is gonna be just a tad bit slooower.