Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Eldritch Senpai
Its lunch time, and Izumi-chan is looking for a deli she remembers from her past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This series is wonderfully horrific

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Or maybe horrifically wonderful

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Adorable title page. :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Time for the long bus ride home after a vacation.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
New Kumika, with cup ramen.

Also, Tamamo tries out a new look.

narm00 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 23, 2019

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
In new Demon Mom, we visit the sandbox in the park.

And we've got a new one coming out, Our Lives After the Apocalypse, featuring a robot maid and a robot dog wandering the world after the end of humanity.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kumika's release pace has sped up considerably. Not that I'm complaining.

narm00 posted:

In new Demon Mom, we visit the sandbox in the park.

And we've got a new one coming out, Our Lives After the Apocalypse, featuring a robot maid and a robot dog wandering the world after the end of humanity.
Will keep my eye on the apocalypse series.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Speaking of Apocalypse series, theres Yurusaba A Father and his three daughters wake up one day to find all other humans have disappeared.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Huzzah! posted:

Speaking of Apocalypse series, theres Yurusaba A Father and his three daughters wake up one day to find all other humans have disappeared.

I got on board when the dad started geeking out about storks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Huzzah! posted:

there was another one I forget the name of that was also a dude and three girls(though they were all teenagers) in a world that has been gradually devoured by these phantasmal cosmic horror abominations they can't figure out the origin of, I remember it was unfortunately rather fanservicey but the story itself was good, and the body horror with the phantasms was top loving notch(they basically slice you apart like microscope slides and the slices of you fan out, before all of you and the phantasm abruptly disappear without a trace), it was casual slice of life apocalypse stuff with occasional utterly, utterly horrific scenes with the phantasms

basically the sort of series that had it not been for the fanservice would be an easy recommendation as a surreal slice of life/horror series

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

there was another one I forget the name of that was also a dude and three girls(though they were all teenagers) in a world that has been gradually devoured by these phantasmal cosmic horror abominations they can't figure out the origin of, I remember it was unfortunately rather fanservicey but the story itself was good, and the body horror with the phantasms was top loving notch(they basically slice you apart like microscope slides and the slices of you fan out, before all of you and the phantasm abruptly disappear without a trace), it was casual slice of life apocalypse stuff with occasional utterly, utterly horrific scenes with the phantasms

basically the sort of series that had it not been for the fanservice would be an easy recommendation as a surreal slice of life/horror series

It was called Earth's Afterschool Rest, or Chikyuu no Houkago I think? It actually did wrap up, the ending wasn't completely satisfying and I think I must have managed to forget about the fanservice somehow.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

StandardVC10 posted:

It was called Earth's Afterschool Rest, or Chikyuu no Houkago I think? It actually did wrap up, the ending wasn't completely satisfying and I think I must have managed to forget about the fanservice somehow.

Yeah the girls were in bikinis for like 90% of the manga, also it has a harem end.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Just finished Sumire 17 and 16. What a wild and oddly sweet ride!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StandardVC10 posted:

yep, you got it. I hadn't actually read the last half dozen or so chapters so that was nice to wrap up. good to see it had a happy ending, I wasn't really sure how it would wrap up satisfactorily but that wasn't a bad way to go out. still fanservicey to the end of course, unfortunately, but the underlying story was good. the casual "oh, and the nukes are gone too" moment was lolworthy, but eh, whatever.

again, still not really something easily recommendable to people due to the fanservice, which is really unfortunate since everything outside of that, from the backgrounds to the entire phantom thing and how they operate, and the artwork surrounding all of that in general was just fantastic.

Artificer posted:

Just finished Sumire 17 and 16. What a wild and oddly sweet ride!
Sumire is an absolutely shockingly good and heartfelt series. It's a gag series that shouldn't be so good emotionally but it just is.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 25, 2019

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

I really dig the art in this one

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
There's a new chapter of Heterogeneous Linguistics. Man, I really like this series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

It's the last chapter of My Alien Days :(

Or ... is it? Looks like it continues in digital form, and the scanlator site says they're gonna keep working on it with a schedule TBD.
Which is good, because I love these cuties.

Oh, also a new chapter of adorable demon baby.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 26, 2019

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Or ... is it? Looks like it continues in digital form, and the scanlator site says they're gonna keep working on it with a schedule TBD.
Which is good, because I love these cuties.

nice. i saw the bit at the end of the last chapter and the lack of mangadex pages and worried it would be a loss for me.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also, I dunno if this was ever posted in here, but it seems like it'd fit - and it was recently picked up again, yay!

Everything Burrito posted:

OH poo poo HE'S BACK

A new group picked up Uramichi Oniisan finally
https://mangadex.org/title/22817/uramichi-oniisan

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
What would happen if a xenomorph became a Maid?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Holy poo poo. It's certainly surreal.

But he definitely invited her though?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

And not, like, the "meido outfit" type of maid, but like a straight-up hard work smock type. Extremely fitting to the thread. :)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Akuma no Mama, the little girl summons a demon to be her new mom manga, got an update.
Big Bro not as enthusiastic about demon mama as she is.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Link dump time:

The fluffy kitsune waifu meets a weird friend.

Kumika's gone and got drunk again.

The Sleepy Princess tries swimming to get to sleep.

Mizore the yuki-onna gets snubbed.

The slime-killing witch and her family open a cafe.

And in the new Heterogeneous Linguistics, still struggling with how to communicate with minotaurs.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Ooof. Latest chapter of Meiroku-Chan had a good twist.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

The Bones of an Invisible Person Very dark manga about a girl who can turn herself invisible, supposedly completed at 22 chapters, so scanlation is about halfway through. Does kind of have a daily life focus, which made me think of this thread.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Three new chapters of Senryuu Girl

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Huzzah! posted:

Three new chapters of Senryuu Girl
This is a great cover page

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i thought so too. glad the author is able to do great pages like that even in the 4koma format.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Himari is a good child.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Sleepy Princess
Someone is giving Princess some troubles, but who could possibly be powerful enough to do so?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Way of the House Husband
A little grocery shopping when Tatsu runs into someone from his past.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

just what was needed to spice up this story. I look forward to seeing more of this character.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

YES, this is great. Yakuza Clan Lady is an excellent addition! I love seeing these characters take ordinary life stuff EXTREMELY LIFE AND DEATH SERIOUSLY.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
At last a manga that asks the age old question. "Would you a Cockroach?"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Somehow weirder than Gokicha

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

The Bones of an Invisible Person Very dark manga about a girl who can turn herself invisible, supposedly completed at 22 chapters, so scanlation is about halfway through. Does kind of have a daily life focus, which made me think of this thread.

Wow, so I had some time and started reading this! Thanks for this recommendation, this is an extremely good manga. It's serious, but extremely well-told.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Hakumei to Mikochi
Another day at the Library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Brought To You By posted:

At last a manga that asks the age old question. "Would you a Cockroach?"

Spoilers for the ending:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzOC76ysp4&t=955s