Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Playing through BL2 again, and was wondering when I should do the different DLC's? Just blitzed through my first playthrough as fast as possible since I know the game doesn't kick into gear until the second playthrough. Does the order you do them matter at all? Is it better to save them for later? I am confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I usually played them when there was a lull in the main story or if I felt I was not leveling up fast enough.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Squiggles Unite posted:

Playing through BL2 again, and was wondering when I should do the different DLC's? Just blitzed through my first playthrough as fast as possible since I know the game doesn't kick into gear until the second playthrough. Does the order you do them matter at all? Is it better to save them for later? I am confusion

Captain Scarlett’s can be done anytime. Torgue’s and Tiny Tina’s are best done at higher levels, probably at least 25. Story wise Tiny Tina’s needs to wait until after you beat the main storyline.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Squiggles Unite posted:

I don't think it matters for the second playthrough as they scale with you like the rest of the game and spoilers aren't really an issue any more. That said I think they're capped at level 50 in TVHM so... before then I guess. I tend to do the small seasonal ones here and there when I'm bored of the main story and save the bigger ones for the end.

On the first playthrough I'm pretty sure most of them lock at the level you are when you fast travel to them, which tends to make them unplayable (by being trivially easy and having no usable loot) if you do it by accident early in the game and go back later

Sex Hobbit posted:

Captain Scarlett’s can be done anytime. Torgue’s and Tiny Tina’s are best done at higher levels, probably at least 25. Story wise Tiny Tina’s needs to wait until after you beat the main storyline.

Officially 30 for those 2 I think, you can probably do some of them at 25 though but will be pretty tough.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gravy Jones posted:

I don't think it matters for the second playthrough as they scale with you like the rest of the game and spoilers aren't really an issue any more. That said I think they're capped at level 50 in TVHM so... before then I guess. I tend to do the small seasonal ones here and there when I'm bored of the main story and save the bigger ones for the end.

Mind, iirc, stuff only scales with you in tvhm after you beat the full campaign in that mode.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Rinkles posted:

Mind, iirc, stuff only scales with you in tvhm after you beat the full campaign in that mode.

That I did not know. So it locks at the same level you entered before that?

I realised after I pressed reply I probably should have left the answer to someone who actually new what they were talking about.

I've been doing them here and there on my current playthrough and only just realised I'd totally forgotten about the pirate one, Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt and Digistruct Peak (which I know is it's own end-game thing). BL2 sure has a lot of DLC. I think that was actually my biggest issue with TPS, which I don't mind so much, but when you're done there's very little else to do compared to 2.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 5, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gravy Jones posted:

That I did not know. So it locks at the same level you entered before that?

I realised after I pressed reply I probably should have left the answer to someone who actually new what they were talking about.

Heh, I don't remember exactly myself. It was annoying since it lead you to skipping a lot of missions for fear of the reward not being scaled. Though then you get to level 50 and realize you have to do the same thing for UVHM (everything scales, but you want everything at max level).

They really need to change this stuff from the ground up for 3.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
While there's less unit variety in BL1 I appreciate that none of them are really horrendous to fight. A bunch of enemies in BL2 actively piss me off, while only Striders are really a hassle in BL1 if you don't cheese it with vehicle guns.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a decent place to find people to play MP with? The person I used to play Borderlands with in the past isn't an option.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but I actually forgot how good this game is, I've been really enjoying it. Every 4 or 5 levels though I just kinda retool my equipment by spending a few keys

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

One thing I was hoping for BL1 enhanced was that the pieces of gear that were busted or not working as intended but I found a plague and it’s still called crux so I’m gonna assume they’re all borked for good

A moment of silence for plague, penetrator, executioner, draco, and revolution

Please let me know if I’m mistaken

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

eonwe posted:

Is there a decent place to find people to play MP with? The person I used to play Borderlands with in the past isn't an option.

we have a discord now its in the op

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are you all playing one remastered or 2?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Everything, i even play TPS :razz:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the 4K update for Borderlands 2 only available in the Handsome Collection?

EDIT: Nevermind. Getting Pre Sequel and all its DLC for $4.75 CAD is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 5, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

steam version delay incoming?
https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1114169379338555392

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
God he's a petty jackass.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Again, Randy is a petty little bitch when it comes to Valve. He's bitter about stuff that happened with them during the mid 2000s and talks poo poo about valve every way he can.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is the 4K update for Borderlands 2 only available in the Handsome Collection?

EDIT: Nevermind. Getting Pre Sequel and all its DLC for $4.75 CAD is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Join the discord, play with goons, reap sweet victory. We can guide you so the game is not at all a slog but an efficient cutscene simulator, with tons of guns.

Randy is such a moron

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's kinda funny to Google "Randy Pitchford valve" and find dozens of stories and interviews going back over a decade of him talking poo poo. I always wonder just what the gently caress Newell or whoever there said to him that crawled that deep into his rear end but it was certainly something

Randy used to tell people that Newell lost a card game to him over who got to use the name gearbox. Then when media picked it up he said it was a joke, but that's a pretty weird joke dude

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Randy is the guy everyone knows who didn't go a day beyond 13 years old

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLEW1c-69c

If you're into the dev drama jump to 35:30. Randy is still fuming mad to the point he begins staring at the ceiling in the interview

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 5, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Playing through the game again, is the best move after normal to just speedrun the story through TVHM and once the Warrior is down go into UHVM (assuming you're 50 without needing to do any optional missions)?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Lid posted:

Playing through the game again, is the best move after normal to just speedrun the story through TVHM and once the Warrior is down go into UHVM (assuming you're 50 without needing to do any optional missions)?

you're unlikely to be at level 50 if you speedrun TVHM, and you'd have a bad time in UVHM without good gear anyway. (a lot of people don't like UVHM at all, i don't mind it after adjusting to it).

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
People very mad about which corporation gets their money with this game.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I've gone all the way through OP levels and I still think TVHM is Borderlands at its best. You've got enough skill points for fun builds but the scaling isn't totally hosed.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

i'm sure you'd be elated if it was exclusive to bethesda's store.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Depends on the quality of the game i think. Ill admit another launcher is a bit more of an inconvenience when dealing with a game but if the game is good its not a huge deal.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Randy is the guy everyone knows who didn't go a day beyond 13 years old

Along with the morons review bombing a 9 year old videogame with useless comments and ASCII graphics about the Epic store timed exclusive.
They might deserve one another in a way.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i already have steam origin battlenet uplay and epic installed on my computer so i'm not exactly going to throw a fit over certain games being restricted to certain launchers

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

i already have steam origin battlenet uplay and epic installed on my computer so i'm not exactly going to throw a fit over certain games being restricted to certain launchers

Basically this.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Yeah I'll play whatever as long as it's with friends

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't appreciate them scanning and repacking files on my computer without permission, with only their word to go on that they didn't upload that data. I find the practice of paid exclusivity distasteful, but that's a different matter.

Hopefully this doesn't constitute throwing a fit.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

[...] with only their word to go on that they didn't upload that data.

Couldn't people find proof of this with wireshark or some similar program if it were occurring?

-- Assuming you are talking about the epic launcher doing this?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I don't appreciate them scanning and repacking files on my computer without permission, with only their word to go on that they didn't upload that data. I find the practice of paid exclusivity distasteful, but that's a different matter.

Hopefully this doesn't constitute throwing a fit.

Nah i get it. I just dont understand the review bombers. Doesnt feel worth all that

Edit: the scanning repacking thing i got no clue whats thats all about. I just mean i can see being like ugh another launcher. I just cant see getting so mad you start review bombing stuff over it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

ZeusCannon posted:

I'll have you know I worship [vendor] like a God, heathen.

Repent and accept [vendor] as your one true shopfront lest ye be judged wanting.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow watching that video it sounds like valve absolutely hosed Randy over CS condition zero lmao.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

you're unlikely to be at level 50 if you speedrun TVHM, and you'd have a bad time in UVHM without good gear anyway. (a lot of people don't like UVHM at all, i don't mind it after adjusting to it).

I loaded up my Gaige to mess around a bit and decided to try and make a go of UVHM and it has not been very fun at all. I had to unload clip after clip into the most basic enemies and slag damage is pretty much required if you ever want to kill anything. Honestly, I'd rather level a new character than continue.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Turtlicious posted:

Wow watching that video it sounds like valve absolutely hosed Randy everyone over CS condition zero lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Slag was a mistake and UVHM making it absolutely required was an even bigger mistake that ultimately makes me really dislike Slag for not having cool effects like the other elements.