Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

BAH Rates in Alexandria, VA are so loving far from reality compared to Boston BAH rates.

Here in Boston, I'm in a duplex 2 bedroom/1.5 bath with an office and a basement for $2600 a month where my BAH is $3800.

It seems I can get about the same thing there going between $2200-$3000, but my BAH is only $2800.

I'm driving down there next weekend with a realtor to try and find something that meets my price range and I need something bigger than what I have since we have a kid now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Geizkragen posted:

Sorry I wasn't clear: I was specifically talking about DOD getting rid of healthcare billets.

Articles like this:
Get hosed dependents who live in areas with poo poo healthcare options

Oh that. Yeah.

Good news for reserve/recruiters/etc. I guess is that they're greatly expanding TRICARE options soonish. So dependents without good healthcare options will at least be as worse off as regular folks and not have to pay out of pocket for the same bullshit.

Unfortunately though, that's outside of my wheelhouse. I deal in readiness/resiliency and that's firmly in strategic planning so I don't really have any inside scoop. It's a total clusterfuck over at DHA for a huge number of reasons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

Oh that. Yeah.

Good news for reserve/recruiters/etc. I guess is that they're greatly expanding TRICARE options soonish. So dependents without good healthcare options will at least be as worse off as regular folks and not have to pay out of pocket for the same bullshit.

Unfortunately though, that's outside of my wheelhouse. I deal in readiness/resiliency and that's firmly in strategic planning so I don't really have any inside scoop. It's a total clusterfuck over at DHA for a huge number of reasons.

Our options were already decent so this is nice.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah but for one or two lines it's a little higher. I think.

I just keep my parents/siblings on my plan and let them pay me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m worried after the merge T-Mobile is gonna change and raise rates but we’ll see

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cat dead; losing myself in setting up a home NAS? Beats drinking I guess

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Fallom posted:

Ah gently caress, sorry brother. They’re hard to lose. You do you, and whatever makes it better.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fallom posted:

Sorry to hear that man.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Sorry to hear that...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sorry man. it sucks every time.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

drat that sucks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

She died at 18, which is pretty good for a kitty though I still would've been crushed even if she'd made it to 40. She started dying of kidney failure a year ago and we treated her with IV fluids. The vet said we should be proud, and that he didn't actually expect her to make it more than a few weeks - much less a year. The wife and I took her on vacation with us and even to where we did our wedding to keep the treatments up. She was happy and doing her kitty things right up to the end.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fallom posted:

She died at 18, which is pretty good for a kitty though I still would've been crushed even if she'd made it to 40. She started dying of kidney failure a year ago and we treated her with IV fluids. The vet said we should be proud, and that he didn't actually expect her to make it more than a few weeks - much less a year. The wife and I took her on vacation with us and even to where we did our wedding to keep the treatments up. She was happy and doing her kitty things right up to the end.

Sorry to hear that man. But heartwarming to hear how you took care of her

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sorry for your loss, bud. That's a drat fine long life though, you did good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

gently caress my cat is 18 also but in good enough health for the moment. Sorry about your loss,

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fallom posted:

rip very good cat. She's adorable

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

Fallom posted:

Sound like she had a wonderful life with a loving family. I'm sorry for your loss

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
A very pretty kitty, Im so sorry.

Please consider adopting a new friend

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone but sprint, go with whatever doesnt have dead spots in your area

I wish there were a way to actually test this.

I've got AT&T, and at work I fluctuate between 1-2 bars with LTE displayed, but absolutely gently caress those blatant lies. Constant dropped calls, websites don't load (phone will go to sleep before google loads, for example). At home isn't much better, if for some reason I'm not using wifi. I had to turn on wifi calling just to avoid it dropping. New SIM, phone's a 2 year old iphone SE. Buddy with a Samsung on (I think) Verizon has the same problems at work. The local tower maps show that we should have plenty of tower line of sight for decent coverage.

Fallom posted:

:( That sucks, man. My two favorite cats went at 13 and 21, and the age makes no difference how awful it is. Sounds like she was living a good life until the end and that's what counts.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 6, 2019

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Newer buildings with that are certified low energy or with newer windows will trash connectivity.

I have a Verizon tower maybe an 1/8th of a mile from my office and I’m 1-2 bars constantly.

Thanks Obama

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have ATT and I pay like a hundred bucks a month for it, after my generous corporate discount, because I'm an idiot holding on to my legacy unlimited data plan from 2008. I use maybe 5gb a month, less now that I don't have my phone during working hours most of the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

I have ATT and I pay like a hundred bucks a month for it, after my generous corporate discount, because I'm an idiot holding on to my legacy unlimited data plan from 2008. I use maybe 5gb a month, less now that I don't have my phone during working hours most of the time.

I held onto mine for years into grandfather territory, then realized that I almost never went over 3gb per month (I guess that's a good thing about garbage connection speeds-you never want to stream or download without wifi) so I cut it back to I think 5gb and saved myself $45/mo. Around that time unlimited plans were coming back, so I figured I could go that route if needed.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vasudus posted:

I have the 2019 version of unlimited data and I pay $70/mo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How are WA drivers so loving awful? Every other time I drive up to Seattle there's a wreck that essentially shuts down I-5. How? Driving on the interstate isn't hard.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

How are WA drivers so loving awful? Every other time I drive up to Seattle there's a wreck that essentially shuts down I-5. How? Driving on the interstate isn't hard.
All drivers everywhere are awful, just to varying degrees of awfulness.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, just got a tuxedo cat. Currently hiding under the toilet. Pics to come, whenever he's done hiding under the shitter. Or until I have to poo poo and drive him out by gassing.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mustang posted:

Theyre drunk as poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Welp, just got a tuxedo cat. Currently hiding under the toilet. Pics to come, whenever he's done hiding under the shitter. Or until I have to poo poo and drive him out by gassing.

Give the dude treats; take photos

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

holocaust bloopers posted:

Give the dude treats; take photos

I've left a few treats nearby, more on the bathroom counter. Also put down some wet food and water where he can see them. Think I might give him a little piece of Franks' dry liver treats. This guy is gonna take time.

Scheduling a vet appointment for early next week. Gonna let him warm up a bit before I take pictures because of the flash.

E: Name's gonna either be Beans or Bash. Never watched Franklin and Bash, but the names go well together.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 6, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i have no idea what to make of the new joker trailer. it might rule, but the trailer doesn't get me excited in the least.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have a tiny shred of hope I'm ready to torch when I eventually see it.

Though I have liked Joaquin Phoenix usually does pretty well in his roles. I think he'll be a good fit, so it's up to the writers and director to make it awful.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

My theory is that they are afraid of gravity. Can't take this banked corner at more than 30mph or my car will slide off the road! Can't go over this hill at more than a snail's pace or my intestines will shoot out of my mouth! If the roads are wet they're even worse, if there's snow or slush it's the full apocalypse.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1113525919711354880?s=19

Except for 2016 it's "What if the joker was a soundcloud rapper?"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just got back from NC and I got aggressively tailgated twice while going 10 over the speed limit in the slow lane with nobody in the fast. Both times I had to switch to the fast lane to get him off my nuts.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

2016: What if the Joker was probably going to get MeToo'd sometime in the near future.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Just got back from NC and I got aggressively tailgated twice while going 10 over the speed limit in the slow lane with nobody in the fast. Both times I had to switch to the fast lane to get him off my nuts.

brake check them, or just slow down even more until they go away

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Casimir Radon posted:

2016: What if the Joker was probably going to get MeToo'd sometime in the near future.

2019: friends and former coworkers describe the Joker as a nice boy and world traveler who never showed any signs of radicalization until he blew up a hospital, at least until it comes out that he had a half dozen complaints with HR over two months and his 4-Chan posts ends up on CNN.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

DoktorLoken posted:

brake check them, or just slow down even more until they go away

Had my mom wife and kids in the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
One of these days I'm going to put a giant LED panel in the rear window of my car so that, with the push of a button, I can flash "gently caress OFF" at tailgating motorists.