Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Willias posted:

The gently caress? Potatoes on pizza?

...why the gently caress isn't that a thing over here in the states?

It's easy to find in California but we throw anything on anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

arisu posted:

It's easy to find in California but we throw anything on anything

We also put french fries in our burritos and throw them in sandwiches.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

We also put french fries in our burritos and throw them in sandwiches.

And there is nothing wrong with either of those :colbert:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

And there is nothing wrong with either of those :colbert:

Hey I aint complaining about it!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Potatoes on pizza is a completely normal topping, but usually only at wood-fired personal pizza type places. Definitely hasn't caught on much beyond that and probably never will because it's not super easy to get right consistently, and your typical salt-of-the-earth regular person is usually bewildered by it. Everyday pizza is an institution, it doesn't change quickly and people are largely skeptical of anything that fucks with their pizza. For good reason arguably, but still.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Willias posted:

There's a chain here in canada called "Boston Pizza" that makes largely mediocre pizza and dogshit pasta but they have one pizza called the "spicy perogy pizza" that is sour cream, then thinly sliced potato that has been soaked in jalapeno, then mozza, cheddar and green onions, and it's pretty drat good.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Powershift posted:

There's a chain here in canada called "Boston Pizza" that makes largely mediocre pizza and dogshit pasta but they have one pizza called the "spicy perogy pizza" that is sour cream, then thinly sliced potato that has been soaked in jalapeno, then mozza, cheddar and green onions, and it's pretty drat good.

I'd eat this.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Whose gonna be the first mad man/woman to get some taters and throw em on a slice.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Powershift posted:

I hate boston pizza but for a time their boston brute sandwich was great but then they changed it or something and now it sucks like everything else on the cursed menu.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

pnumoman posted:

Gonna guess it's not polish or kielbasa. Sausage in Korean is essentially a loanword for hotdog. European sausage making culture, and consuming such products, isn't really prevalent in Korea, although things are slowly changing. My guess is that it's a hotdog, potato, and olive pizza with a swirl of some sort of cream sauce.

Pretty much exactly this.

It was not good. I'm down with a weird pizza every now and then, but this was not worth it. My wife and I shared a slice, and it didn't fit her Korean tastes either.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I love that there is a Canadian pizza chain named after an American city that nobody in America associates with pizza.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Willias posted:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/04/pizza-patate-potato-recipe.html

It's piss easy to make and very tasty. Second time around I added finely diced crispy fried bacon and it was :discourse:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Pookah posted:

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/04/pizza-patate-potato-recipe.html

It's piss easy to make and very tasty. Second time around I added finely diced crispy fried bacon and it was :discourse:

Yeah, bacon and potato pizza can be really good. My problem with the bacon and potato pizza in Korea was the fact that it was hard to find good bacon over there. It was mostly odd and lurid pink looking stuff without enough salt and bite. Most of the pork belly goes towards grilling fresh pork belly, which is nice, but I really craved US style bacon. Costco sold US style bacon, but oddly enough, it was the Kirkland low sodium stuff with a black sticker over the low sodium part of the label. Guessing it was just labeling law stuff, but it threw me off a bit when even Kirkland bacon tasted oddly less salty the first time I cooked it up. Nothing bad, just unexpected.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Sorry to interrupt pizzachat, but Costco.com has some great prices on Becca cosmetics, for any makeup-wearing goons. Here's an example, it's about 50% less than retail price and Becca makes the best highlighters.

https://www.costco.com/.product.1317137.html

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Sorry to interrupt pizzachat, but Costco.com has some great prices on Becca cosmetics, for any makeup-wearing goons. Here's an example, it's about 50% less than retail price and Becca makes the best highlighters.

Now I can look pretty while eating my pizza

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Taima posted:

Potatoes on pizza is a completely normal topping, but usually only at wood-fired personal pizza type places. Definitely hasn't caught on much beyond that and probably never will because it's not super easy to get right consistently, and your typical salt-of-the-earth regular person is usually bewildered by it. Everyday pizza is an institution, it doesn't change quickly and people are largely skeptical of anything that fucks with their pizza. For good reason arguably, but still.

There's a dozen delicious wood fired oven places around here, but I've literally never seen potatoes on any menu. It sounds amazing and I really want it, but it's anything but "completely normal" at the artisan type places in the Midwest at least.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I love that there is a Canadian pizza chain named after an American city that nobody in America associates with pizza.

We also have New York Fries and Montana's

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Math You posted:

We also have New York Fries and Montana's

Those are even better with context though:

New York Fries is a Poutine chain, so it's an American name for a chain serving a French Canadian-ish dish.

Montana's is basically Canada's Claim Jumper. They have Steaks, BBQ & peanut shells on the floor, because that's real country Americana or something. As guy with family in Montana, Montana's feels like Americatown from the Simpsons.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Ultraklystron posted:

New York Fries is a Poutine chain, so it's an American name for a chain serving a French Canadian-ish dish.

Montana's is basically Canada's Claim Jumper. They have Steaks, BBQ & peanut shells on the floor, because that's real country Americana or something. As guy with family in Montana, Montana's feels like Americatown from the Simpsons.

I watch a lot of hockey on the CBC and love the Canadian commercials. My buddy and I always crack up at Montana's commercials that stress that, despite that the restaurant is named after an American state, their beef is in fact from Alberta.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My wife said referring to Costco as "church" was offensive to her.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SirPablo posted:

:sever:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

We'll pray for her.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SirPablo posted:

Ask her where she thinks Jesus would shop

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019

naem posted:

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE IDIOCRACY HA HA

YES!!! welcome to costco "I love you", welcome to costco, "I love you" :D man that movie is sooo stupidly funny. that was the first thing that came to my mind when i seen the title of this forum post. hehehehe

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ultraklystron posted:

NYF does poutine since they have the fries and stuff right there but it's not really known as a poutine place in the way that Smoke's Poutinerie is. Their gravy is awful and to the surprise of no one in this thread, Costco's poutine is easily better.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
In high school we had an exchange student from Montreal, QC (province that created poutine) and he was homesick so tried the poutine at NYF and was bitterly disappointed.

Originally it was just fries and soda there, they added poutine and “gourmet” hot dogs later. That was ages ago though like early 90s.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

SirPablo posted:

My husband thinks it's amusing and asks me what new things the thread recommends, when we go.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

My husband thinks it's amusing and asks me what new things the thread recommends, when we go.

Same with my wife. She thinks the fact this thead exists is hilarious.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Speaking of recommendations, I finally tried out the Humboldt ice cream that was recommended in the thread, and drat, that is some seriously premium ice cream. Insanely rich and creamy, almost chewy it's so rich. Sadly, however, my fellow east coast Costco members did not give it enough of a chance because I saw the asterisk on the price label when I got it. Kinda hoping it hasn't vanished by the time I go back because I might stock up on another 2 quarts if so, even if it'll take me months to get through the 2 I have now. It's a west coast brand, right? Sucks that I might never see it again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

pnumoman posted:

Speaking of recommendations, I finally tried out the Humboldt ice cream that was recommended in the thread, and drat, that is some seriously premium ice cream. Insanely rich and creamy, almost chewy it's so rich. Sadly, however, my fellow east coast Costco members did not give it enough of a chance because I saw the asterisk on the price label when I got it. Kinda hoping it hasn't vanished by the time I go back because I might stock up on another 2 quarts if so, even if it'll take me months to get through the 2 I have now. It's a west coast brand, right? Sucks that I might never see it again.

yes, just move out to the best coast. you can buy it at Safeways here in california

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Xaris posted:

yes, just move out to the best coast. you can buy it at Safeways here in california

If NJ/NY doesn't get off their asses and make weed legal soonish, I might just do that.

Golden Corral Massacre
Sep 8, 2008

drat it. I was set to buy this on Costco.com this morning but ran out of time. Went back just now to buy it, and they're out of the lighter shade.

Why has Costco forsaken me

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Golden Corral Massacre posted:

drat it. I was set to buy this on Costco.com this morning but ran out of time. Went back just now to buy it, and they're out of the lighter shade.

Why has Costco forsaken me

Oh crap! I was waiting to buy it this morning as well. I hope it comes back in stock but I don't expect it to be likely...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Submit a suggestion/request. Costco listens.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Submit a suggestion/request. Costco listens.

I guess I'll give it a shot. Where and how? I don't see an option on the website or app.

nm https://www.costco.com/WarehouseFeedback.html

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 5, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I almost ran out of TP and bought a small pack from Meijer.

It's Charmin.

Time to take the test and lay this to rest. (for my regional Kirkland TP I guess)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Here's the bad poo poo.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Bummey posted:

Here's the bad poo poo.

Props on the post/username combo. But no, like, 2-ply? I guess we haven't danced the kirkland dance with TP, yet, but 2-ply is like soviet-era military surplus buttwipe.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bummey posted:

Here's the bad poo poo.

Wtf this is completely acceptable rear end paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
If your rear end in a top hat is too good for that toilet paper then I don't think we can hang out.