Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gologle posted:

Summer Herc.

His final ascension art should be him doing a big flexing pose with a big cheesy grin, while both versions of Illya (Alter-Ego and Prisma) sit on his biceps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

We have Blue Saber, White Saber, Black Saber, Green Saber (one of swimsuit Arturia's swimsuit was green correct?), Red Saber, Blue Saber but a Jedi, Black Saber but a Sith, we could make a Sentai crossover season with all our Arturias, and that's not even half her variants.
At this point, we should be able to agree that there's enough Arturias.

EDIT:

Rorahusky posted:

His final ascension art should be him doing a big flexing pose with a big cheesy grin, while both versions of Illya (Alter-Ego and Prisma) sit on his biceps.

I did not realize until your post I wanted this.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 7, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Maaya Sakamoto laughs in completed Seiyuu Support List Bingo

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just make summer boys you cowards

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

summer emiya is him in a speedo but also an apron cause he has a grill NP

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Summer Mata Hari Alter that has soldiers come out and shoot her opponents for her. :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How big is F/GO's girl population? If the demographic is big enough, eventually surely it will happen.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
we are only going to get summer boys as costumes, accept this into your hearts

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gologle posted:

How big is F/GO's girl population? If the demographic is big enough, eventually surely it will happen.

A significant amount of TM's fans are female, but I couldn't give you an exact breakdown.

A lot of them are just as into the girls, however, so there's not a massive incentive I guess.

TheFireMagi posted:

we are only going to get summer boys as costumes, accept this into your hearts

Honestly, I prefer it that way. I already have a fully kitted out Robin, I don't really feel a need to do it again so that he can be an Assassin or something.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Gologle posted:

It doesn't matter as the other side is far bigger. Look at the disappointment called Chaldea Boys - from a bunch of new male servants, to one, to a costume.

And there are a big chunk of men who are hostile to things aimed at women. I saw a comment elsewhere calling Chaldea Boys 'gay'.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

otoh costumes are mostly lame because they get pasted over existing animations with ill-fitting results

make summer boys

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
So, the last quest for this GUDAGUDA event is killing me. I burned command seals AND a quartz to beat it one time.

I have a fair amount of good servants, but seem to be lacking the knowledge to combo them. What are goons using to maximize points, and reduce turns spent on this quest?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nitis posted:

So, the last quest for this GUDAGUDA event is killing me. I burned command seals AND a quartz to beat it one time.

I have a fair amount of good servants, but seem to be lacking the knowledge to combo them. What are goons using to maximize points, and reduce turns spent on this quest?

The shared Shinsengumi/Oda points one?

Lvl 80 Emiya / Lvl 80 Medusa / Friend Waver.
One MLB and one normal Wolves of Mibu CE (the +damage one) in the backline, MLB points CE on Medusa, MLB Sumo on Emiya, if you're having trouble see if your friendly Waver has another Wolves CE.

Wave 1 just face card it while building NP, wave 2 Medusa NP, wave 3 Emiya NP and there's 100k left each on MHX and Babbage.

Admittedly my Emiya is NP 5 (3 spooks in quick succession, then a fourth couple months later) but frankly you could use any AoE welfare (e.g. Santa Jalter) for the same effect, or combo up with kaleidoscope Arash if you have him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nitis posted:

This one obviously won't work for everyone.

I've been using Helena, Waver, and a friend's Ozy( or Drake or Quetz if one won't show up). Build some NP on wave one, use Waver's def+ skill on the boar if it looks like it might live a couple turns (and add to charge obviously), sometimes i even stun that pig jerk to be safer. Last wave is Waver's NP to hopefully stun if anyone survives, then Ozy on Babbage, and Helena to mop up.

Back line is whoever, but i've been keeping Medea in the first backup slot since she can NP on command and that can come in handy if things go weird.

I also have an mlb Wolves, plus an extra one which helps a lot.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

Calling it now, this year's Summer Welfare on JP will be Ereshkigal.

Feel free to quote this post and laugh at me when I'm proven wrong.

God willing, save me some fuckin quartz.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Incidentally, for anyone that has Emiya, do his interludes. With his second skill just Unlimited Blade Works (on three targets) drops about 25 stars, and that's a bloody Buster NP. Get a brave chain and you have 40 to 50 stars total for the next turn. It's kinda stupid good.

Leviathean
Oct 22, 2012

?

Nitis posted:

My strategy uses taunting to redirect damage away from my Lv80 Chacha until the final round. Chacha is given a 100% Damage increase for this event on top of any other buffs from the Wolves CE, so she’s pretty useful.

My frontline is Chacha with Lv6 NP gain, George with Lv10 Taunt, and whatever support with MLB Wolves that I can find, ideally a decent damage dealer.
Back line doesn’t really matter, as long as they can clean up damage against X or Babbage if they are still alive. I have Nobunaga and Ozy back there, and Angra (because I’m bond farming too)
Everyone except for one person has the Point CE equipped, and the last person has a spare Wolves on them.
I’m using the Mystic code that has an Invunerable skill.

First wave, I pop George’s taunt and Chacha NP gain skill, and spend my time maximally building NP for Chacha. If I can, I use up 3 turns on the first wave to do this.

Second wave, I apply the Invulnerability on Chacha, and try to kill the giant boar ASAP. It should go down in 2 turns. If my support has NP ready, I use it here. Alternatively, if the support also has a decent NP for the last wave, I may use Chacha’s NP here to keep the support alive instead.

Third wave, if George’s taunt is back, reapply it, and unleash maximal damage with Chacha NP. Afterwards should mostly be cleanup.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

otoh costumes are mostly lame because they get pasted over existing animations with ill-fitting results

make summer boys

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Nitis posted:

This also won't work for everyone, but I've been using Friend Waver with point bonus CE/CasGil/Nursery Rhyme, with Plugsuit and Rider Kintoki with point bonus CE in the backline, everyone else has the Wolves CE. Waver pops all his skills in the 1st round, then face cards to build NP. Round 2, CasGil uses his Arts boost skill then NPs everything, mop up. Round 3 Waver and Rhyme NP for the stun/chain bonus, kill everyone except for Babbage, who's hopefully stunned. By then Waver's skills are back, so Kintoki Plugsuits in and Waver uses all his skills to get Kintoki to 100%, then Kintoki Golden Drives Babbage into oblivion (assuming Babbage doesn't use his invincibility skill).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GBF has proven for years it's absoutely viable to cater to straight gals/gay guys without causing some sort of exodus of fragile straight dudes. There's really no excuse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I fear seeing cus big tiddy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I've just been farming the ultimate node of each side with Arash, Santa Artoria/Scath Summer, and Ishtar and Double Merlin. I only use 1 MLB Wolf. Sometimes it doesn't get 3 turned.

You can probably have another Wolf instead of Arash and 3 turn it with face cards but I'm Lazy.

You can use Emiya or Nobu over Ishtar with a Waver + Merlin to 3 turn it.

The final duo point nodes awful bc its barely an increase and gives 0 currency and Resshi gives pages on top of it.

Kild fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 7, 2019

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I mean dang the big 3 year long event story was all about the extremely explicit gay relationship between two male angels and one of them was voted the most favorite male character in the game.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kild posted:

I've just been farming the ultimate node of each side with Arash, Santa Artoria/Scath Summer, and Ishtar. I only use 1 MLB Wolf. Using Sometimes it doesn't get 3 turned.

same. westernization might be good but i guess i prefer the chance at actual drops and gold currency so i farmed individual point nodes and now just need a bit more silver currency to clear the shop.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean dang the big 3 year long event story was all about the extremely explicit gay relationship between two male angels and one of them was voted the most favorite male character in the game.
Yeah it owned, also the villains were also gay for each other and their final scene together was them walking away supporting each other as the dude who legitimately only talks in extremely explicit innuendo says that love makes you do crazy stuff

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0Bnl1Z0Es

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

GBF also has pity mechanics, and other things we'll never see in this gacha hell.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
while i think i prefer the character designs in GBF, the gameplay is impenetrable and it doesn't help that lag from the west coast to japan is enough to handicap you in raids

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Nitis posted:

On top of what everyone else has already suggested here's a mostly budget? setup

Use Waver and Arash's defense buff for safety and kill the first wave with face cards, blow up the boar with Arash's NP then buff up Chacha and go to town.

Took 7 turns when I took it for a test run, Shiki and Liz are there for backup against MHX and Babbage in case anything goes wrong.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I prefer costumes tbh because I'm too lazy to build another servant. I'm still grinding medals for Lancelot...

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

A significant amount of TM's fans are female, but I couldn't give you an exact breakdown.

A lot of them are just as into the girls, however, so there's not a massive incentive I guess.

Following Rin's example I see. :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
please do not forget us boys who like muscle men

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
basically summer Napoleon wearing Wu's outfit

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Shipon posted:

while i think i prefer the character designs in GBF, the gameplay is impenetrable (...)
Yeah, I think the main reason FGO is the only gacha game I've stuck with is because the mechanics are simple and transparent. It's super easy to tell what a servant can do, but there's still a lot of potential variety in party building. Meanwhile GBF and most other gacha RPGs have a dozen+ stats that all interact in obtuse ways that may or may not actually matter and it's just unnecessarily dense even if you do know the systems.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The art in GBF is nice, but it doesn't really make me want to play it, unlike FGO which has the excitement and dread of what kind of character design we're going to get next and now we know we're guaranteed to get fairly nice sprite animations even for a silver character.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, while I like a good chunk of gbf's designs, I can't think of a single male character in it that I like anywhere near my fgo favorites.

Maybe it's just the singular artist versus the wide variety that fgo has, but granblue's prettyboys seem lacking.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Honestly, while I like a good chunk of gbf's designs, I can't think of a single male character in it that I like anywhere near my fgo favorites.

Maybe it's just the singular artist versus the wide variety that fgo has, but granblue's prettyboys seem lacking.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I will admit he does come closest. But he is still p bara, even in that shot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just hate browser games.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I will admit he does come closest. But he is still p bara, even in that shot.

If you mean pretty boy as defined as like Astolfo and Lanling then yeah GBF has nothing really on that front. Kind of surprising now that I think about it. Veight I guess but only because Grand Blues made him crossdressing meme status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

If you mean pretty boy as defined as like Astolfo and Lanling then yeah GBF has nothing really on that front. Kind of surprising now that I think about it. Veight I guess but only because Grand Blues made him crossdressing meme status.

Yeah, I was thinking like them, or like Rama/Bedi/David, or even Diarmuid. But really, my actual reason comes down to:

Tired Moritz posted:

I just hate browser games.

and the endless grind that seems to surpass even FGO's. Also the whole thing where it really seems like the only units that matter are high rarity, and asking non-fgo gbf people about if there's a low rarity but amazingly top tier unit like Hans or Arash gets laughs or confusion at the core idea.