Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also the block is only part of a compromise in case town decides to not listen to me again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The sequence of events:
Me: vote kaschei, I got a maf result
Town: no, kills toal
Me: dont gently caress it up again on this next day. Kill kaschei
Town: maybe...
Me: whythehfjsje... fine. I can also block the scum if you'll lunch an obvious other scum, but we should deffo kill scum.
Town: maybe...

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

a plan which makes sense if you want to be able to determine the lynch two days in a row

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kaschei posted:

I tried to explain why your plan was so bad without mentioning fool was my target but the fact he announced he lacked a night action is crucial to the reasoning. You accused me of pointlessly tanking my investigation.

AA advocated using a roleblock on me and putting RF on the gallows first. You:

so let's be clear, you're mad that I didn't react to something when i hadn't posted at all yet lmao?

if you want to dictate my posting schedule, just make my posts for me

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You alternate between banging the "I have a result! Why won't anyone pay attention to my result!" drum and being willing to vote for other people. You aren't earnestly trying to get me lynched today, you're totally willing to wait to lynch me tomorrow.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

so let's be clear, you're mad that I didn't react to something when i hadn't posted at all yet lmao?

if you want to dictate my posting schedule, just make my posts for me
I completely don't understand

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kaschei posted:

I tried to explain why your plan was so bad without mentioning fool was my target but the fact he announced he lacked a night action is crucial to the reasoning. You accused me of pointlessly tanking my investigation.

AA advocated using a roleblock on me and putting RF on the gallows first. You:

you're straight up lying about this. He never claimed you were the target until just now

gently caress it i'll break my promise ##vote kaschei

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not posting anymore today. I really don't care if i get lynched at this point because the game isn't fun. later.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

you're straight up lying about this. He never claimed you were the target until just now

gently caress it i'll break my promise ##vote kaschei

someone's skimming their scumbuddy's posts lol

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'll lay out my cards.

TOWN JOAT

3 once per game abilities.

I've used 2 successfully.
MAFIA result on Kaschei
No one visited merk
Night 3 AA blocks Kaschei if they aren't made to be destroyed.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You can tell when I'm scum by the amount of metaphorical mustache twirling and dubious monocle polishing I'm doing.

@Fool...

The only reason I'm not more adamant about Kaschei is because it is sealed in my mind that they're scum. The likelihood of any interference on N1 is marginal.

The reason why I have been ok to look elsewhere is to compromise with a town that has been seemingly unwilling to join in on the effort.

Also I've provided a contingency in that I can block Kaschei tonight if he lived and we went after scummy players in place of scum results. Granted, if scum have a blocker of their own, or just decide that I'm a nuisance and want to kill me, well all the good it will do, amirite?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think you quoted the first one

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'll stop posting too if people vote for fisk

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

if a quickhammer comes please punish those responsible

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm essentially at -1 with AA sitting on RF

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote kaschei

No worries, mate. BLNT

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
gently caress it this day sucks and I'm tired of it. Lynch me next if he's town I don't care.

##vote kaschei

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: kaschei, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 3
With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2019 at 8:08 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In the middle of their conversation, a noise like microphone feedback cuts through the room, loud enough to be heard even over the thunder. Kaschei looks stricken and starts fumbling through his pockets, oblivious of everyone else staring at him. He looks up to see the rest of the Hot Lake lodgers standing in front of him

"Are you... recording this?"

Kaschei, Leopold Russel, Mafia Beacon has been voted out day three!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mRl9tW3kE

"When you assign a beacon, for the rest of the game you will be forwarded who that player visits every night. You may assign a beacon every night."

Leopold doesn't say much of anything as you bind his hands behind him and march him to the basement. You tie him to a support beam, and it's not until you're all proceeding up the stairs that he says anything. "Wait! Don't let me down here! Please, it's not safe!" Please, for the love of God!"

Soon enough, the thunder drowns out his cries.

yesterday

today

asf is a free dunk

retro is still on notice is how i think that works

i'm just checking to make sure you're averaging more than ten posts a day, because otherwise i'd have to put like 3 more people on notice and that is not how i want the game to end. if you think that's unfair lmk but i don't feel a need to be a hardass about posting when you all just keep hammering early. game discussion is at a good level.

sorry for the lack of flavor, at work.

night action please

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whatever semblance of order there was has shattered.

Somehow in the loose minutes between chaining up Leo, bathroom breaks, and snack raids, a whirlwind of carnage has swept through the hotel, leaving several bodies in its wake. In the reviewing the following events, we now cut to someone with the benefit of hindsight and years of research.

An Excerpt from ‘The Fury and the Fog: The Hotel Hot Lake Massacre’(2024, Shawn Wrigley)

In reviewing the timeline of events between 9 P.M. and 10 P.M., one of the most crucial windows we have into the events that transpired, I have found that it helps to examine each incident individually.

First, we know from the recovered GoPro footage that Connie Whittaker fell from the east window on the third floor. While we cannot be certain why she fell, we can make certain inferences that we will explore more in the following chapter. For the time, it is important to remain objective. We cannot say what drew Connie’s attention outside, as the footage shows nothing remarkable, but we can say that Connie died almost instantly.

Retro Futurist, Connie Whittaker, Town Vanilla, snapped her neck night three!

I can only conclude that the remaining guests of Hotel Hot Lake were drawn first to Connie’s unfortunate fate by the sound of the storm raging through the open window. Is it possible that the storm was really loud enough to drown out the battle that was raging inside the hotel? While the severe damage the hotel sustained following the conclusion of the night’s madness makes it hard to construct an accurate picture, we can still tell from the demolished second-floor bathroom that a serious struggle took place. What’s more, we have the body to prove it.

While I have not been given access to the autopsy report, I did have the pleasure of dinner with the coroner at Harbor Point several years into my investigation. It has been one of my greatest challenges during this journey to piece together how it was that Casey became decapitated.

SolusLunes, Casey Pearson, Town Vanilla was beheaded night three!

We have already talked about two of the more notorious members of the Hot Lake party, Dennis Gatem and Leopold Russel, at length in this investigation, but if there is a third person that merits further discussion, it is Mister Nagy.

Clifford Nagy’s family immigrated to Oregon several generations before the incidents of today. His family and his personal connection to the hotel are of particular note, they had been employees in several different capacities to the hotel over the years. Clifford and his brother Harry both did regular maintenance on the Hotel over the years. I have not yet been able to trace who their payments were coming from, and I fear I never will.

In the course of my investigation, I have read many theories from amateur investigators who think that Clifford was in part an architect of the misery that took place at Hotel Hot Lake. I must disappoint these people, as I have found no evidence to suggest any malice on Clifford Nagy’s part. The hammer later found at the scene was identified both to be the murder weapon and Mister Nagy’s property, which suggests he was only ever a victim, just a man trying to do his job.

Hal Incandenza, Clifford Nagy, Town Lynchpin had his skull caved in night three!

“If you are lynched, the next day will be 24 hours.”

Day 4 Begins.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (8): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, fool_of_sound, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, kaschei, merk

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2019 at 9:09 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

A Sometimes Food can be freely executed!

If A Sometimes Food is executed before deadline, the day will continue and votes will be reset. Their flip will be presented at the end of the day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
uh oops

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, fool_of_sound, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, merk

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 09th, 2019 at 9:09 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

A Sometimes Food can be freely executed!

If A Sometimes Food is executed before deadline, the day will continue and votes will be reset. Their flip will be presented at the end of the day.

fixed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

what the gently caress

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well, I think this is probably lylo in a 15 player game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

scummiest to towniest,

who fuckin knows, probably is scum but has no content on which to judge but scum killed every other lurker last night
food

ready to vote
fool
dick

would vote, one is prob scum
merk
infi

Not voting
AA
fisk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I docced successfully last night btw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Willing to vote ASF as the free lynch, but only if we believe him to be worth dunking

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I docced successfully last night btw

Really weird how you can't self doc, yet here you are still alive.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah it's super weird how the guy everyone says that they don't trust is left alive by scum, op

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'd like to see everyone claim today, and if we can resolve this with night actions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

AA probably pulled a fakeout and vigged someone with his joat power

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

alternatively there *is* a pgo like i thought earlier and we keep getting hosed by luck

if so, it isn't merk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who'd you doc last night?
Merk?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know how you think there's a PGO when both people flipped are Vanilla Town

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm going to go ahead and claim.

I am the town party host. When I die a list of everyone who visited me will be posted to the thread. In addition I have a diary that will be posted to the thread after my death.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I don't know how you think there's a PGO when both people flipped are Vanilla Town

we lost a vig and a lynchpin as well, but that's a fair point.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm going to go ahead and claim.

I am the town party host. When I die a list of everyone who visited me will be posted to the thread. In addition I have a diary that will be posted to the thread after my death.

anyone remember who it was that joked that somber was stealing roles from my last game? It didn't make sense at the time with fool's claim but now it does. If that person is still alive these two are probably scum together

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

anyone remember who it was that joked that somber was stealing roles from my last game? It didn't make sense at the time with fool's claim but now it does. If that person is still alive these two are probably scum together

that was kaschei my dude

kaschei posted:

Dash cunning to claim a role from a recent game jfisk ran

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

great, perfect. vote fool, because that kaschei post makes no sense unless kaschei had additional knowledge of the role

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
lol ok, doctor who somehow isn't dead yet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Consider also that kaschei was claiming to "track" fool, which, presuming he'd have been kept alive, would lead to some result kaschei would want.

That and the lie, with the person who called fool out dying immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

That and the lie, with the person who called fool out dying immediately.

You mean the thing that would only make sense if my first post the next day wasn't coming clean?