Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wow get a load of mr precious rear end in a top hat here, the goose necks are in aisle 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

If your rear end in a top hat is too good for that toilet paper then I don't think we can hang out.

If you value your rear end in a top hat so lowly then I don't think WE can hang out.

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Erisian Automata posted:

Props on the post/username combo. But no, like, 2-ply? I guess we haven't danced the kirkland dance with TP, yet, but 2-ply is like soviet-era military surplus buttwipe.

My dad buys cheap 1-ply and it is not cool...

Come on Man!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They should make bidets that are powerful enough so that you don't have to wipe yourself manually.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They should make bidets that are powerful enough so that you don't have to wipe yourself manually.

I feel that no matter how much pressure the water jets and air blowers have, you are still giving yourself a 'fact finding' wipe just to make sure nothing is left.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Vakal posted:

I feel that no matter how much pressure the water jets and air blowers have, you are still giving yourself a 'fact finding' wipe just to make sure nothing is left.

Maybe for the first week. After that it's just a single drying wipe.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

In non-butt related news: how do y’all recommend serving up them dank lobster raviolis?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

Yeah this.

Ya’ll are doing it wrong if thats not the case.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ultimate Mango posted:

In non-butt related news: how do y’all recommend serving up them dank lobster raviolis?

I like to brown butter with a few sage leaves. That works for a variety of raviolis. Pumpkin ones pair well with it too.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Guess I'm surprised more goons aren't into wet wipes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Guess I'm surprised more goons aren't into wet wipes.

What do you do with them after you wipe your rear end with them?

If you say flush them you are seriously incorrect.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

I don't know, I don't use them. I assume these rear end monsters have a horrible poo poo basket next to their tank.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

RZA Encryption posted:

Seriously. That's why I go for the ultra-cheap Scotts sandpaper TP, and a tiny pack at the grocery store at that. Buying Scotts at Costco is like a lifetime supply with my bidet habit.

And people who flush wipes down the toilet have a special place in hell, right next to the people pouring grease down the drain. They all get suffocated by the fatbergs they helped to create.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

LadyPictureShow posted:

I like to brown butter with a few sage

Got this far into the post before I noticed it wasn't about wiping practices

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

MarcusSA posted:

Flush them

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I use wet wipes and won over my fiancee over the last few years, so she uses them now as well. Once you pop (the lid) you can't stop.

The implication that there's something goony about wet wipes is strange to me. In what way? We just flush them, they're loving awesome.

The only downside is that your rear end becomes accustomed to the incredible softness and cleanliness so if you ever have to use toilet paper, you'll find that the experience isn't great. It's wipes and bidets only once your rear end meets those damp sheets of love.

If you want to wipe your rear end with dry tree pulp, do you I guess.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Turns out wet wipes just arnt ment to be flushed no matter how much the wet wipes tells you to do so on the packaging. We got an old house with copper pipes still and those mutha fuckas caused the biggest back up we ever had. No amount of goons shits I tried to plow through the clog of wet wipes would help.

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 7, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Wipe your rear end with a slice of pizza.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I dunno, I've been using wet wipes for years and it's never caused a single issue.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Wipe your rear end with a slice of pizza.

This, but the pizza has to be hot and fresh so you need to time your shits accordingly

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wipes really gently caress up the municipal sewage systems too, don’t flush em.

Sad because I did try it before I found out and it was wonderful.

In other costco related toilet talk, my one regretful purchase I ever got there was a toilet which is loving awful. The flush mechanism is all janky but just enough to sort of work. I think it is a Water Ridge. I am not a hard core enough returner to drag a used toilet into costco so I am just living with it but every time I flush it I get annoyed with the lovely semi busted mechanism. So don’t buy that brand from costco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

I use wet wipes and won over my fiancee over the last few years, so she uses them now as well. Once you pop (the lid) you can't stop.

The implication that there's something goony about wet wipes is strange to me. In what way? We just flush them, they're loving awesome.

The only downside is that your rear end becomes accustomed to the incredible softness and cleanliness so if you ever have to use toilet paper, you'll find that the experience isn't great. It's wipes and bidets only once your rear end meets those damp sheets of love.

If you want to wipe your rear end with dry tree pulp, do you I guess.

if you flush them you are a tremendous rear end in a top hat

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Chinatown posted:

if you flush them you are a tremendous rear end in a top hat

tbf the manufacturers do their best to convince you that's totally ok, but if you still flush them after reading these posts you are definitely a tremendous rear end in a top hat

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
nthing the "don't flush wipes" mantra

Witnessed someone being quite rude and demanding to the food kiosk workers today. Very unblessed for a Sunday morning at church. There should be some sort of patrol force with the ability to strip membership from people who abuse their privileges. See also the idiots who return their live Christmas trees.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Disclosure, I used to be a wet wipes flusher until people told me that I was being a gigantic rear end in a top hat, I've learned my lesson.

Example of what happens: https://abcnews4.com/news/local/divers-remove-baby-wipes-from-charleston-waste-well-after-massive-backup

Also I love the Charmin Soft toilet paper for my delicate ladybits, so that's what we get. But we have a small apartment and spend most of our time at the office, it seems, so we've stopped buying TP at Costco.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
So you just have a bunch of lovely wipes in a can next to your toilet? Wtf

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Laughing so hard at the “Not enough of a hard core returner to bring a used toilet back.”

Can just see someone doing that and the return person like :gonk:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Nah its cool just keep flushing them away and summoning new sewer demons its fine

https://twitter.com/ChasWaterSystem/status/1051920931378143233

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
*Eating a delicious high high quality meal for low low prices*

Kirk-land

Kirk-LAND

KIRKLAND

*frothing at the mouth*

KIIIIIIRKLAAAAAND

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ArbitraryC posted:

Dairy and paper products alone should cover the membership for the most part.

The savings on 1 bottle of the generic allergy medicine literally pays for the membership.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Bidets are best but our home is on septic and we gotta pump our poo poo out every 5 years or so anyway, I'll flush what I please.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The savings on 1 bottle of the generic allergy medicine literally pays for the membership.

This is really not a joke. It’s crazy how cheap it is.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A dog and his man posted:

Laughing so hard at the “Not enough of a hard core returner to bring a used toilet back.”

Can just see someone doing that and the return person like :gonk:

Yeah I thought about it for like a minute and was like “wtf are you thinking?!?”

But I guarantee you someone has done it, or tried anyway!

Don’t skimp on your toilets ya’ll

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

KakerMix posted:

Bidets are best but our home is on septic and we gotta pump our poo poo out every 5 years or so anyway, I'll flush what I please.

Ex wife and I used them for years and had our own septic tank. Never had an issue and septic guy always said everything was great. I basically flush 1 per day now I'm alone, never more than 2 and only 1 at a time.

Stop using 300 every poo poo.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

priznat posted:

Yeah I thought about it for like a minute and was like “wtf are you thinking?!?”

But I guarantee you someone has done it, or tried anyway!

quote:

One Costco employee described how a woman returned two dirty, 5-year-old toilets to the warehouse.

"She said she didn't need them anymore," the employee said. "She didn't even clean them. I'm embarrassed that we ended up taking them back, but we did make her take them outside and clean them before we did."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

lmao, shameless.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sig...ps%2C132&sr=8-3

I bought it off amazon before I had a Costco membership

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SirPablo posted:

I should have clarified that I don't use wet wipes at all anymore. Keep debating that cheap bidet though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

We replaced our bathroom garbage can with a Diaper Genie (also purchased from Costco, IIRC) and put the wipes in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

I realize that I'm partially at fault for starting the kirkland TP debate but let us instead focus on different matters - costco produce: It has a bad rap, and indeed the giant sacks of limes/lemons/potatoes/onions need to be watched lest they go bad, but drat do the peppers and even the mixed greens mega-cartons stay fresh.