Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

229 cm in the air, 7.5 feet. The tires are 255/85R16 Mud-Terrains. Triple racks across the top with off-set tray. Winch on the front chin, a thousand leaves in the springs underneath and some pretty baller black wheels. Extremely clean interior with special mention to the driver's seat rear end-slide-across lower bolster, usually aren't THAT clean. Under the hood looks way clean as well. I was wondering what the '30*8*3' written on the fan shroud is for, what sort of work was done on August 3rd 2018? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Well, I've gone and done it. We won a 93 hiace super custom Ltd last night! It was one where inspections were not allowed, so here's to hoping it checks out!

It looked super clean and Matt agreed. Now the fun part begins (waiting. And then many dmv trips!)

Anybody have recommendations for domestic shipping? I'll need to get it from port, probably long Beach, to Salt Lake.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Well, I've gone and done it. We won a 93 hiace super custom Ltd last night! It was one where inspections were not allowed, so here's to hoping it checks out!

It looked super clean and Matt agreed. Now the fun part begins (waiting. And then many dmv trips!)

Anybody have recommendations for domestic shipping? I'll need to get it from port, probably long Beach, to Salt Lake.

Share the auction sheet and number man! I wanna peep it.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Hard to tell from the mega low res pics but it looks pretty good.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hell yeah, KZ HiAce Super Custom Limited, looks like it has all of its center caps in the wheels which is a good sign to me plus the all-important digital gauge cluster. Private sale too since it is wearing plates. Did Mat (notice it is only one T, his name is Mathew :eng101: not that I think he cares even in the littlest of bits) translate the parts that were cross out in the box on the left there?

I think you're the first person to buy an as-is vehicle so I'd be intensely curious on how it works out for you! Please keep us updated.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Haha yeah, when addressing him I for sure say Mathew because I am not sure what nickname he prefers but he seems like he probably wouldn't mind! Didn't want to go in with two t's and touch a nerve. :)

The crossed out stuff says "1kz, power seats, underview mirrors, fog lights"

Normally I'd never dream of as is but I had a good feeling about this and it had one of the cleanest interiors I've seen (from the two super low res interior pics anyway.)

I will definitely keep yall updated! The wife and I are super excited.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I like those SWB 75s. However they are crazy expensive for what they are in Australia these days.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
I'm not going for it but drat do I want to.

Someone please buy this rad as gently caress 1987 Rugger please and thank you.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Lord Stimperor posted:

I was just looking for used HiAces on my local used car site. I knew they rode around here. So I found a couple of them. All of them are in total poo poo condition and still cost a lot of money. One of them said 'accident free' with literally showing a big dent on the front. Rust on every panel, interior shredded and caked in alayer of dust, with actual holes in the interior door panel, bottom, dash, and wires hanging out. gently caress.

Yeah, Hiace's hold their value to a ludicrous extent. A basic 90s work van in OK condition, with a petrol motor 400k on the odo will still fetch like AU$3500-4000 in my area.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Sent you a PM.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Riller posted:

Sent you a PM.

Good looking out! Thanks man.

The wife is already chomping at the bit to drive this thing and play around with the ~~super custom~~ gadgets, gonna be a long couple of months for her. :dance:

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007
Just seen this on a local site here in NZ. Not the same kind of importing as your talking about but keen to import this from that town to my town.

Yeh nah yeh?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

supermegaultra posted:

Just seen this on a local site here in NZ. Not the same kind of importing as your talking about but keen to import this from that town to my town.

Yeh nah yeh?

Nice! What size is the motor? A lot of the export versions got bigger engines.

FogOgg
Aug 7, 2004

Fun Shoe
So this looks like a fun way to waste some money.

For those of you who've purchased through JCD before, how do you get the ball rolling? I've read the How To Buy section on the site but it kinda makes it seem like I just PayPal them $500 out of the blue to get started. Do I need to click on the make a bid link or just email them first?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You need to make a deposit to bid. The deposit is refundable if you decide it’s not for you. I have multiple
Deposits so I can bid/buy more than one at a time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

FogOgg posted:

So this looks like a fun way to waste some money.

For those of you who've purchased through JCD before, how do you get the ball rolling? I've read the How To Buy section on the site but it kinda makes it seem like I just PayPal them $500 out of the blue to get started. Do I need to click on the make a bid link or just email them first?

Sent you a PM.

Got the 82 Acty all cleaned up and listed. It is always a treat to drive something so old that's been taken care of. It isn't flawless but I kinda like that as I'm not terrified to take it out and actually use it. Majority of what I did was small cosmetic things, stuff like sand down the front bumper and repaint it. I took the front 'HONDA' off and used white plastidip to coat the whole thing, scored the edges and peeled off everything besides the white faces. That single thing probably did the most to make it pop. That and polishing the truck down and giving it a wax.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Just picked up Prado from getting the tint removed. Now detail and put this up for sale if weather is decent this weekend.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Nice! What size is the motor? A lot of the export versions got bigger engines.
It's badged as a 1.3.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
*Banking poo poo all (mostly) worked out, though the bank appears to have done as banks do and screwed something up*

Vehicle paid for, should be at port now. Awaiting pics and info!!

GIVE ME THE VAN DAMNIT :cool:

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 5, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

*Banking poo poo all (mostly) worked out, though the bank appears to have done as banks do and screwed something up*

Vehicle paid for, should be at port now. Awaiting pics and info!!

GIVE ME THE VAN DAMNIT :cool:

Van?????????????

This thing is a Lexus and I will not hear anything else about it.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 8, 2019

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Yours is the exact same color scheme as ours I think. Still nothing from the port, the anticipation is killing us over here. Since it was as is we only have the couple of low res pics to go on!

So stoked to take it camping this spring. Excited to see how it handles light offloading too, can't find much on YouTube.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Saw the van on insta yesterday man that is killer, love the sun/moon roofs.

Probably going to work on listing my Prado tonight or tomorrow night have it a detail today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

KakerMix posted:

Van?????????????

VAAAAAAAAAAN

This thing is a Lexus and I will not hear anything else about it.

Are/were those parking sensors on the rear bumper? In 1993?!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Yours is the exact same color scheme as ours I think. Still nothing from the port, the anticipation is killing us over here. Since it was as is we only have the couple of low res pics to go on!

So stoked to take it camping this spring. Excited to see how it handles light offloading too, can't find much on YouTube.

Yours looks to be the exact same, a KZ 4WD Super Custom Limited, so it should be extremely similar. You'll have the digital dashboard for sure. I can't clearly see from your low res pictures if it has something like Joyful Talk but you can tell it doesn't have the sonar option as you don't have the sensors in the bumpers. If you have the coolbox option the controls would be where this little cubby is:

VacaGrande posted:

Are/were those parking sensors on the rear bumper? In 1993?!

It has SONAR

Unfortunately they must have had it off when they backed into whatever crushed the center left sensor so now, while it technically still works, it always thinks there is something to the rear and right of the van. It beeps and lights up red when it detects something.
I have only casually looked for a replacement sensor but as you can imagine it isn't quite the easiest thing in the world to find. The in-van intercom works well though!

The headunit is kinda trashy and while it does have stereo inputs on the back side of it I couldn't figure out how to get it to play from that source. Did find out that they used a wiring harness though so the original wires are NOT cut up.

This is why I call it a Lexus, it really is the top of the line Toyota could get in the early 90s. Just happens to be a big 4WD van.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 8, 2019

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
i use to own a lance got to tell u best car i ever owned never broke down i only had one issue which was the cat back converter

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hey Kaker none of the images you have posted recently are working

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

All of his pics work for me in AMERICA

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

angryrobots posted:

:911:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

You Am I posted:

Hey Kaker none of the images you have posted recently are working

angryrobots posted:

:patriot::patriot:

Seriously though there is a difference, I've started just hotlinking directly from our website since why upload twice? I suspect that would be the reason. I did send my VPN through Australia and New Zealand just to see if there was any country-specific stuff going on but they still worked for me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They don’t work for me here in amerikkka using the awful iOS app :shrug:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

:patriot::patriot:

Seriously though there is a difference, I've started just hotlinking directly from our website since why upload twice? I suspect that would be the reason. I did send my VPN through Australia and New Zealand just to see if there was any country-specific stuff going on but they still worked for me.

They may have still been cached from when you viewed them without a VPN. For what it's worth, they show up on my computer just fine but not on an iOS device at the time of this post so it may be an Awful app problem.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Well they better work now, rehosted all of them!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Well they better work now, rehosted all of them!

They show in the iOS app now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pics work for me now.

Also what does the "Joyful Talk" button do?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

You Am I posted:

Pics work for me now.

Also what does the "Joyful Talk" button do?

In-van intercom system. There is a separate-from-the-stereo system with two microphones and two separate speakers, one set by the driver and the opposite set in the rear left. In practice is means as the driver you can have a conversation with people in the back of the van without having to yell or turn around and talk into the back.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"If you kids don't stop fighting, I swear, I'll just turn this van round!... Over."
"But Daaaaaaaad....Over."

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
We are very much hoping ours has joyful talk because it's called joyful talk and how loving cool is that?!

Should have been at port on Friday according to what Mat said Thurs, still haven't seen anything. Trying to not get nervous....

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

KakerMix posted:

In-van intercom system. There is a separate-from-the-stereo system with two microphones and two separate speakers, one set by the driver and the opposite set in the rear left. In practice is means as the driver you can have a conversation with people in the back of the van without having to yell or turn around and talk into the back.

Or an awesome in-car karaoke

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, diesel, drivers seat worn and sunk, repainted? paint waves and uneven paint, other dents scratches

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, timing belt sticker but can't read maybe 2006 / 100,000km?, no sludge, coolant ok, no oil leaks, tires at 70% ok, spare ok, no leaks mold or rust in trunk, undercarriage good, body good, windshield chips ok, driver's seat door side slightly sunk, other seats ok, dash ok, ceiling liner ok, no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamp ok, 4wd ok, center diff lock ok, lights ok, wipers ok.

Didn't win, put in a bid of 1,004,422 yen, negotiations START at 1,300,000, meaning the actual reserve was higher. It's a nice Prado, short wheelbase KZ model with manual transmission and AC, a unicorn of Prados. Low mileage at 118,522 km, around 74,000 miles. Fog lights AND fender mirrors too. At that price though it would be the most expensive thing we've ever bought and when you can get """real""" Land Cruisers for less fairly often it's a hard pill to swallow. We were the highest bid though so we aren't alone in thinking that's way high. The nicest shorty Prado I've ever seen at auction though :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
How long does it normally take after the vehicle arriving at port til we get pictures and info? I was told it was at port on Monday but haven't seen or heard anything since.

Don't want to keep pestering Mathew about but I want the info now!

E: I love those shorty prados and keep looking at them but out here in the Intermountain west I usually go out for a few days at a time with 3 or more people and I always come back to 'I really should have four doors.' God they look fun to drive though. Also those full size two door land cruisers with the i6 - those must haul rear end.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 12, 2019