Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Lom Trajak - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

At last, Trajak's efforts were seeing returns. Spotting his window of opportunity, he dashes forward, intent on closing the distance between himself and the Brood-mother as quickly as possible. Whittling down the slugs would take too long, and Trajak wanted to make sure he wasn't last to return from Spindrall.

Let's shake things up a bit! Focusing on the big mama, while also keeping the babbies off me. Sith Warrior [+2].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara Orono, Journey to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

The competition for the lightsaber was brief, but fierce. As both initiates reached out with the Force to snatch it, the weapon shot upwards and danced delicately in midair, whorled by streams of unseen energy. A moment later, the weapon rocketed towards Katara and she grasped it with a contemptuous whip of her arm. She didn't know whether her grasp of the Force had overpowered Zef, or he had relented, but it was a victory none-the-less. She turns and walks towards the thug nearest to her, and after a brief search of the body procures a small knife. She looks back at Zef and speaks as she casually slits the throat of each of the downed opposition one by one. "A pretty clean engagement, all things considered. You handled yourself well, even if it was only against a mindless brute. And we both know there is much worse ahead of us before the end of road here at the Academy. It would be quite a benefit to have someone I can turn my back on with only minimal worry. What do you say? Ceasefire? Or perhaps an alliance?” She rubs the blood off the knife on the clothing of one of the fallen and pockets it.

Katara makes a proposition to Zef. If he agrees, she will wait for him to finish looting the bodies. If he declines, she shrugs and runs off to the Tomb, using Sith Inquisitor [+2] to boost her speed, but also invoking her drawback of Lesser Agility [-2].

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Kier Felsto - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Spindral chat:
“So, it seems Amdis has sent yet more novices to pester me.” The man calls out. “You, come up here so I can get a better look at you.”

When you approach he looks you over, despite his age there is something piercing to his gaze, as though he was seeing right into your soul. “Yesss… you are an interesting one, interesting indeed. Are you trying to die, Initiate, because I could be persuade to grant such a wish. After all, the Sith have no use for one seeking only to die.”

Kier nodded in acknowledgement of the statement, neither denying nor confirming it as he suspected Spindral knew the truth: That the force would guide Kier just as it put Spindral in this place.
“I do not seek death wise one. The path before me is set. Pain and Power to shatter the chains of fate. At least, I believe so.” Kier feared pain less and death even less than that. For it was a constant companion ever since those early days.

“Hmmm… A good answer. There is the makings of much power in you, if you can resist the urge for dissolution. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. It seems you understand this well, but whether you truly grasp the rest of the Code only time will tell. Enough prattle. You can return to your master with my approval.”

Kier was only slightly surprised he got Spindral’s approval, however it wasn’t his place to question the wisdom of the much older sith. He bowed to the sage and left before Spindral could reconsider or decide to enact his earlier threat. Spindrel didn’t look like a whimsical sith, but the whims of some dark side practitioners were legendary in some cases. Kier didn’t discount the practicing dangerous followers of Spindral around him either, not until he had truly left them behind. As he was leaving he avoided the confrontation the other supplicant, Vor'drosai was engaged in. It was obvious they were being baited by them. They likely were trying to get Spindral’s favor by taking Vor’drosai’s place. Kier felt a trickle and a slight tickling of his senses on his way out. Good for Vor, he thought. If you wanted to make enemies, it paid to go big even if Keir could smell his fear from where he stood.

No interference. Making my way back.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Zro Ta- Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Ah, there's the beast. Zro begins tearing at its rudimentary mind with a psychic scream. If she can stun it the forces she has assembled will take it down.

"Fetch me a trophy, warrior."

Sith Inquisitor +2 and Mind Twist +2 to stun the broodmother with psychic shock.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Kolzaar Rathe - Journey To The Tomb Of Marka Ragnos - Korriban

Kolzaar nodded thoughtfully and cast his eyes around the Academy. They settled finally on Mavis, such an odd girl. She clearly did not belong at the Sith academy. But a small part of Kolzaar wondered if there was more to her than had been revealed. Perhaps deception was her art. Perhaps connections were her weapons. Kolzaar didn't know, and of all the questions he could ask that was what haunted him the most.

He leaned against a nearby rock face and stooped his head low casually, kicking one foot up against the rocks behind him. Sweeping one wing toward the human girl who'd followed him thus far he asked, "Tell me the story of this one. Her presence has been difficult to reconcile."

I'm asking for the details of Mavis. Who is she, what brought her here, why was she accepted into the Sith Academy? Is there more to her than there seems?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

JamezBfod posted:

Zef Arkada - Journey to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Zef immediately reached out to pull the lightsaber to himself with the force. He looked into Katara's eyes and saw her fury, and realized that he wanted the lightsaber to finish off the fallen. He took a deep breath and began to release his anger, giving up the struggle for the lightsaber. He would not stop her from her grim task, but for himself would not allow the dark side to override his will.

Instead he took a moment to center himself and began to search the bodies of the fallen. They had managed to score a lightsaber, what else might they have found?

Invoking my drawback to explain losing the contest for the lightsaber. Conscience -2. Looting the bodies and if I have to fight then it'll be at +0.

Zef nodded an affirmation. "I was hoping for a triple alliance, with the understanding that a betrayal by one would be punished by the other two." He tossed an emptied bag aside. "It might mitigate some of the more self-destructive aspects of Sith Philosophy."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Update: Players! Do not post until Valhawk has posted his update! :siren:

Kolzaar Rathe - Overseer's Chambers - Korriban

Talco raised an eyebrow "W-hat?!" His lightsaber ignited and it seemed he was barely containing himself from killing you. That was how disappointed and...angry he was. "You have let me down, alien scum." With control and barely reigned in contempt, he put his lightsaber away. "A stupid, STUPID. Question. I should kill. YOU." A tic on his face twitched. Passing a hand over his eyes he glared at Kolzaar. "Why would I give any apprentice an advantage over any other? WHY would I give YOU information, you worthless, useless sack of alien bile! You are nothing! YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING! You are owed nothing! I expected questions about the next phase of the trials, sith doctrine, or how to gain more personal power! Not this blatant attempt by Darth Koltis' servants to DOUBT MY LOYALTY to the sith order!" He crushed several containers with the force nearby you. "YOU ARE HIS PET!" He pointed an accusing finger at you. "But I cannot prove it." He said through gritted teeth. "You have wasted this opportunity. You are a blunt, stupid alien instrument. You should have found out about her and then eliminated her on your own. But you know we have rules against that, if you weren't a dumb alien brute you'd be able to work it out for yourself. Accidents happen, however one is about to happen to you!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9wPAr3Sdw
Overseer Talco looked at Mavis. "Give me the scrolls." Mavis shot Kolzaar a hateful look, as his attempt to get her killed by questioning her presence in front of the overseer at the sith academy did not go unnoticed. Mavis handed Talco the scrolls and spoke out of hate and mostly fear. "The alien wanted to cheat. He asked me to share the scrolls I had found with it. I pitied it. But I see now it was a trick and it seeks to trick you, overseer. Here are the scrolls. The beast obviously failed. I see now that my mercy was weakness." She was able to deliver with a straight face.

Talco looked at Mavis. "I sense only some of what you told me is the entire truth. Do not seek to cloud my judgement or I will destroy you." Mavis shrunk back. She stammered. "No..overseer! It's true, just look at him. He's obviously got some scheme."

Talco looked to Kolzaar. "Well, alien. You have enraged me! Where are YOUR scrolls?"

Overseer Talco seems to think you are asking for an unfair advantage against a fellow initiate. He's obviously been on someone's radar for elimination. Giving you that advantage would have him exiled or worse. Also Mavis believes you tried to get her killed, so she has betrayed you. As she claimed the writings were all hers Overseer Talco wants you to produce separate ones or you need to explain yourself. Make it good.

Bikke - Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

The Zebrak moved through the tomb, slaying many slugs that had somehow burrowed through the cracks. The path was clear for Bikke and he was able to catch up. There were a few traps his enemy had forgotten to trigger, the blood trail not an indicator that the Zebrak was slowing down. If anything it seemed to infuriate him. It wasn't long before the tomb was in sight. Inside of the tomb was a large stone container. "At last!" Bikke's rival smashed through the locking mechanism as he took possession of one of the scrolls. He wasn't yet aware of Bikke but began to turn around. There wasn't any convenient hiding spots in the spartan tomb, Bikke could go back and wait to ambush him, or spring his surprise now.

You can surprise him here, or try elsewhere. He doesn't look tired.

Katara Orono, Journey to the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

The lightsaber entered Katara's grasp. Victory. Grim work completed and a confrontation averted, her offer of alliance stood in the air. Supplicants and apprentices often would team up over the others, and perhaps working together would prove fruitful. The entrance to the tomb was closer than expected, this was definitely a hotspot to potential raiders. Nearby an imperial soldier sat, injured and shaken looking.

You have gained a Lightsaber [+0] - This plasmatic laser sword is of a basic design. It can cut through many non-shielded or reinforced objects, unlike the "practice" weapon provided for initiates and sith supplicants.

As Zef lost (purposefully[?]) the lightsaber, As for killing the fallen enemies at least Zef didn't look weak as Katara finished her work. The offer she made, made sense but did he want the entanglement? He began looting the bodies, one had a working thermal detonator and the other had a blaster, broken. Food, water, and various pieces of practice weapons and mundane blades were available. The sith ruins did have many years of history to loot. Did sith ever make anything new or were they always looting the tombs of the dead? Someone had to get or make the stuff to loot it right?

You have found a bunch of junk and a working Thermal Detonator.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

The ex-Initiate wasn't prepared for the strength or viciousness of your attack.   It would appear he had underestimated you in part due to your species. It was a fatal mistake.

With a sickening crack he falls to the floor, now nothing more than just another corpse in a tomb full of them.  The other failed initiates look at you and their newfound fear is obvious. From atop the stairs you can hear Spindrall laugh.  He gestures you to approach.

“Well done, slave.  That one was a fool, and Korriban is no place for fools.  Perhaps the others will learn from his mistake. It would seem that killing comes naturally to you, however don’t mistake the fact that while you are free to slaughter failures like that, there will be more than a few times as a Sith where you will run into those you are not permitted to simply murder.  What will a slave like you do then?”

You leap ahead, storming down the path, your movements inhumanly fast and precise.  You cross the chamber in mere seconds, your training blade a blur. As you reach the broodmother it seems to freeze and reel against an invisible attack, creating the perfect opening as you strike it with all the momentum you had built up.  Your blade strikes true with a thick crunch from the impact followed by the repeated cracks as the blade’s energy cells dumped an unknown number of volts right into the creatures flesh.

The broodmother writhed in agony, the blade embedded in its flesh.  It’s strong enough to push you back without your implement, but that only seals the creatures fate.  It continues to writhe as it suffers debilitating shock after debilitating shock, until finally it moves no more.

The rest of the K’lor’slugs prove easy to clean up after the broodmother’s death.  Gunned down in waves by the troopers’ concentrated fire. It isn’t accomplished without losses, but few things worth doing are.

When all is said and done, you manage to recover your blade.  It’s still in fairly decent shape, though the energy cell has run dry.  The Lieutenant approaches you. “Thank you for your assistance, my lords.  I will make sure your contribution is included in my report.” He also holds out two bags, one for each of you.  Inside were imperial credit coins of varying denominations totaling up to a few hundred credits. “The men held a little collection to thank you, we managed to come in at half the expected casualty count for this mission.”

Kier Felsto - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Exiting the tomb is much easier than entering it was.  It would seem that the K’lor’slug infestation had been taken care of while you were speaking with Lord Spindrall.  You make your way back across the dusty paths until you reach the Academy itself.

The great pyramid towers over the valley below, here is where you will become Sith, where you will make your future.  Heading inside, you pass the guards and a bustle of students and Initiates. You make your way to Overseer Amdis’ office.

“It would seem you are the first to return.  Lord Spindrall has sent word of his approval.  It is a start.” He pauses for effect, allowing you a moment to savor your victory.  “However, Spindrall’s approval merely means you have potential. As you are the first to return, you will be the first to begin your next task.  Strength in and of itself is insufficient if you do not know how to wield it effectively. So now you will prove that you are more than merely a weapon if you wish to become Sith.  Rumors have spread that there exists among the slaves a faction who have decided to rise up. In a week’s time, a detachment from the Imperial Reclamation Service will be arriving to investigate a newly uncovered tomb.  We have received intelligence that these rebel slaves intend to attack the Reclamation Service team and bomb the tomb.”

“Naturally, this cannot be allowed to occur, and your task is to see that it does not.  I will leave how you accomplish this up to you, but know that if you fail your life is forfeit.  Your actions here will be closely watched. If you wish to become Sith, then make the most of this opportunity to prove to a potential master what a useful asset you might be.  Now, you are dismissed, time is short after all.” The overseer dismisses you with a gesture.

You reach out with the Force, finding the broodmother’s crude animal mind as your fellow Initiate storms across the room.  You manage to drive a psychic knife into the beasts brain just in time to prevent it from slashing at Lom with its scythe-like claws.  It reels for a moment, leaving it open when your fellow manages to strike. His blow strikes true and deep, and though he lost control of his blade he sealed the creatures fate.

Around you the troopers, spurred on by Lom’s charge pour fire into the K’lor’slug hordes, whittling down their number until the last of the creatures was cut down.

When it was all said and done, you see Lom collect his blade.  The Lieutenant approaches you. “Thank you for your assistance, my lords.  I will make sure your contribution is included in my report.” He also holds out two bags, one for each of you.  Inside were imperial credit coins of varying denominations totaling up to a few hundred credits. “The men held a little collection to thank you, we managed to come in at half the expected casualty count for this mission.”

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Kier Felsto - Overseer's Office, Korriban

That the slaves chose now of all times to attack a Reclamation service team was suspect. What would slaves be doing attacking well armed imperials and for what reason? Surely there were easier targets. These thoughts and questions of course were of no consequence. "Of course, Overseer." Kier turned and left the overseer. Thinking on it. He went out into the Academy and past the large monolith in its center, down the grand stairway. There were many going about their tasks, imperial soldiers. Yes. Small patrols but Kier would only need a few. He would get a patrol to come with him, then lay in wait for the slaves to try and ambush the reclamation service. He and his small force would then ambush the ambushers. He approached the most likely looking group of soldiers, their job was security after all on Korriban. "You there, my master has news of impending doom. We must act quickly, or the lives of your fellow imperial soldiers will be lost."

'Hey you there, whatever it was you were doing now we're doing this!' Its such a swtor thing to do, hoping to 2d6 roll at [+0] to convince this group to come along and help ambush the bushwackers. That someone on a mission for a sith is posing it as 'caring' about imperial soldiers living or dying should hopefully mean something. Even if it may or may not be true. If the roll goes badly, then proceeding onto just ambushing them alone.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro Ta is anything but pleased as she receives the mewling warrior's donation. Her anger radiates a sensation of physical pain to those closest, like stinging nettles.

"Are you always so lax in following the orders of the Sith, warrior?" Zro hisses. "I asked you to fetch me a trophy from the beast. I will be obeyed." The radiating pain spikes at the last emphatic hiss then relents. "The force is in all things. In you it may barely be a ripple, but in a voracious predator lurking within the tombs of the Sith? Do you see? Sever a talon from the broodmother for me and then I am done with you."

Zro Ta will wait for the trophy and then proceed to Spindrall.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Zef pocketed what extra water and rations he could carry as well as the broken blaster and chased after Katara. Seeing a Sith Soldier in poor condition gave him pause. Was it some kind of trap? He glanced around a moment. Sometimes these Sith were dicks just for the sake of being dicks. Still, the man was clearly injured and any fools that confused Zef's kindness for weakness would soon be corrected.

He reached into his bag as the soldier flinched. "My name is Zef. I am an initiate here. You seem in need of food and rations. If you'd remain still a moment I would do what I can for your injuries and then I expect a report on the situation here."

Giving the poor dude a ration of water and food, Attempting Force Heal to tend to his wounds. Looking him in the eye and showing him basic respect while laying out my expectations.

If Sith Inquisitor +2 helps that I'll use it otherwise it's a naked die roll to heal Sith soldier

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 17, 2019

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Bikke - Hidden Chamber, Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Before the Zebrak could turn around, Bikke reached out with the force. He had always been able to feel the life-force of other beings, to touch and with time and effort to shape it. Now, though, he was not trying to be so subtle. Funneling all the rage he felt at the Zebrak, all the desire for power into his effort, he tried to rip and tear at the very life-force of the other Initiate. He wasn’t sure what would happen, he had never done this before, but he wasn’t about to let the other man steal what should be his.

Bikke’s going for a surprise attack. Life Manipulation[+2] & Sith Inquisitor[+2] to use the force to rip and tear at the Zebrak’s life-force/soul.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Vor approaches Spindrall at his gesture, basking in the fear of the failed Initiates cowering around him. He gives a small, respectful bow.

"I will do what slaves like me have always done; I will bow and I will scrape, and when their guard is down and their back is turned, I will put a knife in it."

He pauses for a beat, then adds, "if it needs doing."

Dun dun. Will return to the Academy assuming I get the go-ahead and there's no follow-up.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara Orono, Outside the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Katara stood to one side, back against the wall of the entrance to the tomb. Zef had already gone to the fallen soldier and was either helping him or doing a very poor job of intimidation. The soldier could have workable intel, and she would have done to same- it pays to have friends in the common soldiery. She took the time to examine her new prize; her knowledge of lightsaber lore was in it's infancy but she knew the basics, and at the very least could hopefully identify any faults that might lead to consequences later. Forewarned is forearmed, after all.

Katara is inspecting the lightsaber using Sith Inquisitor [+2]. Is there any visible damage? What style of lightsaber is it (standard? a shorter but quicker dueling saber? something slightly different but otherwise unremarkable?)? Does she know of any significance to the blade color (perhaps it is my Revan's lightsaber from KOTOR 1, he was a Sentinel :v: )?

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Trajak scoffs at his fellow Sith's barking orders. "If you're so keen on a trophy, take it yourself," he says. "I'm not waiting around; I intend on completing my task and not being last." With a curt nod to the Lieutenant, he turns and leaves the chamber, heading back to the path to Spindrall.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Kolzaar Rathe - Journey To The Tomb Of Marka Ragnos - Korriban

Kolzaar ruffled his feathers in anger and took a step away from the wall, toward Mavis whom he towered over. "It is not your place to call me a beast." With the side of his eye he glared at the Overseer and added with no small resentment, "And I have been called much worse than a 'dumb alien' Talco."

Kolzaar played tough, but he knew this situation wasn't to his advantage. He studied carefully everything Talco said, hoping to find something he could use. There was only one gambit he could think to employ, a dangerous gambit. But, when you've been outplayed, safe moves won't rescue you.

"The scrolls are mine, Talco. If you think Mavis is strong enough to subdue and intimidate me, you're a fool." He stopped for a moment to steady his nerves before taking the plunge. "If you doubt me, speak to Darth Koltis about my merits. He will educate you."

The decision was made, there was no going back now. Talco's eyes narrowed in hatred, but Kolzaar felt there might have been surprise buried in that scowl as well.

"It is your loyalty in question, not mine."

Feigning knowledge of Darth Koltis. Talco accused me of working for him. I'm gonna confirm those accusations in the hope that appealing to a higher authority gets me past this hot-headed drill sergeant.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

The solider gave Zef his thanks. "Thank you, sith." He grimaced. Still sore from his injuries but not as badly damaged as before. "I was robbed by one of your fellow initiates, my mates are likely dead. However for your kindness I and the reclamation service have a small amount of discretionary funds. I will send them when we are finished here. Even though your fellows took the writings of Marka Ragnos from me, I will tell you what we were researching here. There is rumored to be a secret passageway that leads to a sith datacron, dated from the times before Marka Ragnos. Plunder from his enemies or perhaps found from an earlier time. In any case, this might be even more valuable to your masters. I have marked it on your map, be careful though. There are rumors of traps and dark guardians." The man laid back to rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZxf3M9QqA
A light side choice, a reward. An Imperial's gratitude. And perhaps a lead.

Katara Orono, Outside the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Katara chose to not give in to her darker urges and hurt the soldier to get what she wanted. Letting Zef use his gentler touch. A sane response in an insane universe of sith, masters and slaves. The man was thankful to them both, though it was Zef that did most of the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZxf3M9QqA

As she took the time to examine the lightsaber she could see that while old, the design was quite serviceable. This Kyber crystal had once been a light side crystal but slowly corrupted and nurtured by the darkside from white & into its yellow state. It had a kind of deadman's switch, presumably so that if the holder fell unconscious or the saber was taken from the user's grip the blade would switch off when released. A handy safety feature as well as a functional design.

An Imperial's gratitude. Examination: The blade has the atypical yellow coloring Katara came to expect from a sith light saber. The crystal was a natural one that was changed to the darkside. Rare these days as most crystals were grown for darkside use. It was old but not ancient. Serviceable and functional. The deadman's switch was a handy feature. It could of course be tinkered with, increasing the capabilties of the user with better components. It was modular after all.

The Zebrak clutched at his chest and turned towards Bikke with fury in his eyes. He gritted his teeth and snarled in anger, pain, and hatred. "I should have killed you." He unsheathed his training weapon and unsteadily began stalking towards Bikke. Draining the life out of his enemy, Bikke could feel him weakening. He had to keep it up but probably should also defend himself. "I'll kill you. Make it look like one of the others did it." He grunted and panted in exertion and pain. He would not last long if he did not do something. Screaming a warcry, the warrior to be charges you. "Dieeee!"

He's not going to last long if he lets you have your way. Which is why he's bum rushing you. Do you pour on the power or abandon your effort? He's currently 50% across the chamber and is coming closer.

Kolzaar Rathe - Overseer's Chambers - Korriban

Spittle and spite flying from his mouth with every word. "A transparent. Lie." His lips curl in a sneer. The overseer's lightsaber takes off your right wing before you can even register the act. He then strikes down Mavis, who witnessed the event, her head hitting the floor. "You dare. Challenge. Me. Fool!" Falling to your knees, Talco towers over you. "Darth Koltis is a spymaster. He never would have one of his even admit to that. EVER! You would have done better to beg me not to kill you." He raised the lightsaber to decapitate you.Anger radiating off him in waves, before the sound of someone clearing their voice interrupted him.

A feminine cough, the Miraluka woman walked over from the doorway. "I do not mean to presume to tell you your business, Overseer Talco." She said Overseer slightly, derisively. "However, I do not wish for your...lack of control to damage the plans my master has made. Nor deprive the four any potential apprentices." She smiled at Kolzaar.

Overseer Talco's lightsaber turned off with a snick. He had gone as white as a sheet. "Lord A-gon. Please. I...of course I wouldn't dream of killing any of your, or the four's potential apprentices. I was merely." He looked at Kolzaar slyly. "Correcting, the initiate. For you see this one." He pointed to the dead Mavis. "Had taken the alien's scrolls. Due to his lack of hands and there being a teachable moment of the darkside, I corrected both initiates and the problem of him being unable to wield a lightsaber or use tools."

Lord A-gon smiled wistfully. "Ah, I remember when I was once a simple initiate. Those were exhilarating times. This went just as I had envisioned it. Confirming my visions will make my master very happy." She looked down to you. "Go to the medical bay, I have had them prepare a limb for you to replace the one you lost. It is not given lightly, and I expect...less clumsy things from you. Blade, Savage, Venger and I are watching. Always when you least expect us. Our master will always expect the best from us and so we also expect the best in return from you." After turning her head slightly to Talco, she nods and then takes her leave of both of you.

Suddenly you feel the force gripping your throat as Talco lifts you from the ground. He wasn't even straining with his outstretched hand holding you there, helpless. "Listen to me, you deformed thing. You will go to the medical bay and get fitted with the arm. You will not speak of this. EVER. Now, get out of my sight." He released you and stalked back into his internal office within his chambers, the door sliding shut silently. The shock of losing your wing gives you a sort of calm when looking at the cauterized stump where your shoulder ended. The use of cybernetics and prosthetics among the sith was quite common, though the quality could differ.

The roll failed not your strategy. It was very possible to bluff Overseer Talco about Darth Koltis. You can get your new shiny tin man arm now! Also you met someone!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 26, 2019

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Outside the Academy is a military training ground and command post.  Various troopers and officers mill around conducting tasks or waiting for orders.  Your speech catches the attention of an ambitious young lieutenant, who spots a chance for glory and to earn the favor of a potential Sith.

“I would he happy to have my squad assist you when the time comes, my lord.”  He provides you with a comm frequency to get in touch with him when you're ready to set up your counter-ambush.

However, there's still a week before the Reclamation Service team arrives for you to plan and pursue other avenues.

The man starts, not realizing that you had been referring to him earlier.  He orders one of his men to cut off a trophy and then provides it to you. The atmosphere in the room has soured from the earlier triumph, and in the interim the other Sith has departed for Spindrall’s chambers.

You make your way through the rest of the tomb without incident, it would appear by this point the path has been well trod, and requires no great effort to make it to the chamber in the depths of the Tomb.

You arrive to see various individuals training below, and atop the grand staircase is the human Sith you had fought with, speaking with Spindrall.

You gain a Small Bag of Credits[+0].

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Spindrall’s Chamber, Tomb of Ajunta Pall, Korriban

Spindrall lets out a hearty laugh.  “You are funny indeed, slave. Perhaps you might have a future in the Sith, but not every problem is best solved by murder.  If you don’t learn this, you will never be a Lord, no matter how much you struggle and kill.”

“Now, you may return to your Overseer with my approval.”

As you leave you see several other Initiates from the group you landed with enter the chamber, though none of those you fought with before.

The trip back to the academy is uneventful compared to your entrance into the Tomb.  You make your way into the academy proper, it is a huge and imposing building, containing many offices and rooms of various descriptions.  In the central hall is a great obelisk glowing with the dark side of the Force.

Walking through the busy chambers and hallways, you make your way to Overseer Amdis’s office.

“Another initiate returns.  It would seem Lord Spindrall believes you may have potential, or more likely this is some sort of obscure joke on his part.  Regardless, you have passed the most simple of the trials you will face. However, that is hardly sufficient to prove you are worth a Lord’s time as an apprentice.  So now you will have a chance to prove you may have some use to your betters. Rumors have spread that there exists among the slaves a faction who have decided to rise up. In a week’s time, a detachment from the Imperial Reclamation Service will be arriving to investigate a newly uncovered tomb.  We have received intelligence that these rebel slaves intend to attack the Reclamation Service team and bomb the tomb.”

“Your trial, along with all the others who survive Spindrall is to see that they do not succeed.  I will leave how you accomplish this up to you, but know that if you fail your life is forfeit. Your actions here will be closely watched, so don’t let your own inferior blood cause you to become weak kneed, or you will regret it.  Now, get going, I have work to do.” The overseer dismisses you with a gesture.

The Lieutenant returns your nod with a salute, and you head off.  The path to Spindrall’s chamber is fairly straightforward. It’s clear you are not the first to tread this route.  You arrive in the great chamber to the sound of a scream, and a body comes flying down the stairs, smoking from the burn on its chest.

You recognize one of your fellow Initiates, clearly one that had failed Spindrall’s tests whatever they might be.  There are others in the room you do not recognize, they drag the smoking remains of the failed Initiate away. At the top of the steps stands the one who must obviously be Spindrall.

He gestures to you to come closer as he returns to the center of the raised platform.  When you reach the top he speaks, his voice assuming a mocking tone, “Ah, here arrives the conquering hero.  Seeking glory is all well and good Initiate, but is there some reason you felt it wise to keep a Lord of the Sith waiting?”

You gain a Small Bag of Credits[+0].

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Zro waits.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Zef Arkada - Secret Passage? Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

"You may want to rest just inside the tomb. This spot is too open." Zef said as a farewell to the Sith solider as he closed his eyes to see instead with the force.

He speaks low to Katara, "I will lead, but keep that lightsaber ready."

Using Precognition and Sith Inquisitor to see the unseen on the way to the holocron. +4 total.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Kolzaar Rathe - Journey To The Medical Center - Korriban

Kolzaar stood up off the floor, eyes locked on his severed wing. A cold chill ran through his whole body as he stared unblinking at what he had lost. He'd never thought of himself as a sentimental person, but how can one not be emotional at the separation of an arm?

The Sith pay a price. Power does not come freely. This moment was the cost of strength.

He steadied himself, physically unbalanced, and sighed deeply a noise which escaped like a soft coo. What else was there to do? He began to walk to the medical center, trying to convince himself he was in fact excited by the opportunities this metal limb provided.

As he walked, he kept a close watch for A-Gon. She couldn't be far away. Her presence perplexed him the more he considered it. After all, the prosthetic he was to recieve was her gift. In many ways his life was also a gift from her. He didn't know what he had done to deserve such rewards. But he felt strongly that this Miraluka knew more than he did. Such people are powerful enemies or vital allies. Rarely anything in between.

Kolzaar walks to the medical center, on route to recieve his new limb. While he walks, he looks for A-Gon.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

He was succeeding, he could feel the life draining from his opponent, now was not the time to stop. So, Bikke redoubled his efforts, pulling at the Zebrak’s life-force. He needed to remove his opponent's ability to fight. He hoped he would succeed in disabling the Zebrak before the other died, the possibilities for testing his powers offered by having the Zebrak at his mercy tantalized Bikke, and drove him even harder.

So it was that Bikke stood resolute to the warrior’s charge, continuing to drain the life from his target. However, once the warrior was committed to the rush, and it was too late for him to change course or adjust, Bikke would attempt to step out of the way while keeping up his own force attack. If all went to plan, the warrior’s strike would meet empty air and the momentum would send him bowling over, then victory would be Bikke’s.

Bikke’s gonna redouble his effort. Sith Inquisitor[+2] and Life Manipulation[+2] to continue the attack, with a little twist at the end to hopefully take advantage of the warrior’s charge against him. If the Zebrak goes down before dying, Bikke won’t finish the job yet, but he absolutely wants to make sure his ability to fight back is eliminated.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Sith Academy, Korriban

Vor takes both the wisdom of Spindrall and the insults of the Overseer in stride. He had completed the first trial. Nothing was going to slow him down now.

He inclined his head ever so slight to the Overseer as his second task was explained to him. "It will be done, my lord," was all he said before leaving the office. No doubt the other initiate was already ahead of him. It didn't matter. He had been a slave. He knew slaves. This would be his advantage.

It was time to visit some slaves.

Gonna go start my investigation in the Slave Barracks or Work Camp or wherever it is they spend most of their time.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Trajak kneels before the Sith Lord, bowing his head. "My apologies, Lord, but I believe that if you start a task, you should see it through. Defeating the K’lor’slugs with the support of the soldiers seemed the best course of action; otherwise I would have left an angry hive-queen behind me that could have easily overpowered or broken through the troops."

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara Orono, Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

"I'll use it if we need it, but otherwise it's better to keep it as a trump card. No need to announce to anyone else we have it." Katara follows Zef.

Using Sith Inquisitor [+2] to sneakily hide the lightsaber on my person in such a way that it is not easily visible to an onlooker, but I am still able to pull it out in an instant should I need to.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

His plans laid, Kier went back to the temple. He waited for any of his fellow initiates to come or go. For this next act he might need a partner to ensure success.

Waiting for one of the other three apprentices to come by. Perhaps Vor'drosai? Who would it be?

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Zef Arkada -Tomb of Marka Ragnos, Korriban

Zef entered through a fissure in one of the rock walls, it would seem that time and some geologic activity in the past had cleared and split the way into a previously unknown part of the tomb. The dark side always unearthed its secrets. Always. Statues of grim faced sith of the past, perhaps defeated enemies lined the walls, the curving halls and way forward eventually opened into a wider area.The big open space was circular and carvings and ancient writings lined the walls. This must have been a retainer of Marka Ragnos', someone important to his cause perhaps? Some ancient mechanisms gleaned a dark metal grey on the large slabs over three massive sarcophagi. The carved figures were strange on each one. One had a blank smooth surface where its mouth should be, another was missing its eyes, the last was missing ears. Each one's face was in a rictus of horror, the artists and stone carvers capturing some of the raw emotion of each figure beyond death. The writings around the chamber seemed to faintly be bioluminescent, they seemed familiar or almost like you could read them...You felt connected to this place, not a vision per se but a feeling that came from the force.

You have avoided the traps and several ancient droid assassins on your way into the tomb, your foresight allowing you to take the right path to here. Now. The place seems genuine and untouched.

In the near darkness, Zef almost unerringly would change direction, pause and then continue almost seemingly at random. The journey was quite uneventful actually. You almost couldn't believe how lucky you both were. As you came into the burial chamber, you could see faintly glowing sith writings and feel the dark side here. Its presence was most strong and centered around the three sarcophagi in the middle of the chamber. Several of the ancient words were familiar to you such as danger, revenge, unworthy, and kill. Whatever was housed here, it had to be good. With the place relatively untouched for untold time, it would have to pay off.

You conceal the lightsaber but encounter no traps or resistance and find yourself in the tomb. While not a receiver of force visions like Zef, you have your own connection to the darkside and knowledge that gives you a slightly different perspective here.

"Raaaaar!" The warrior growled as he almost drunkenly swung his training weapon at Bikke. You blocked it almost contemptuously as you stuck at the initiate's leg, he fell to the ground screaming as you continued to pull and impose your will upon his life force. The screams faded to groans, then weak moans. His hand scrabbled at the dirt in front of you, he lifted his head and then his body to his knees and grabbed for his training weapon. "No, you will be...punishe-" And began to swing. However it was at this point that you caught his wrist in your grip and lifted him until his feet were dangling off the ground. His eyes bulged and he grasped at his throat as you released him and held him there with the force. It was like he couldn't believe how you, a weak bodied sorcerer was able to do this. But Bikke knew, he had weakened the warrior while also using his vitality to boost his own health and strength. The earlier damage Bikke had suffered was forgotten and he luxuriated in pure power. The struggles and kicks from the Zebrak initiate grew weaker and weaker and then Bikke felt a rush as he died. The scrolls rolled out of the dead man's pack as you threw the body to lie in a heap in the corner. The occupied corner. The wide eyed hanger on who had left with the Zebrak had fallen onto his backside and was shaking his head back and forth. "Who- who are you? How are you so powerful?" He said in fear. It radiated off of him, out of control. The man's discarded weapon sat next to him, apparently he was going to strike you from behind while you were occupied with his friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9wPAr3Sdw

You have restored your vitality, killed your rival, and now see he had a pet. Good job!

You limp from the room, a servant or cleaning droid would be by to clean up your mess. The unblinking eyes of Mavis stared sightlessly at nothing at all. Most gave you a wide berth. Cutting off a limb meant you had suffered for some crime or mistake from a true sith, not just a lowly initiate. Kolzaar did catch sight of Lord A-gon. However she was talking with a Darth that most knew very well in Imperial Space. Darth Charnus.

They were speaking in low tones but your heard the word "Revanite" and "-ummond Kas" as you walked your way to the medical bay. You could go over and see what they're talking about, or continue on your way.
You have found A-gon.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

At last it is your turn, after Lom descends the stairs, you ascend them and find Spindrall waiting at the top.

“Well, well, well it would appear the last of last of Amdis’s charges has arrived.  What do you have to say for yourself alien, why shouldn’t I kill you as an example to future initiates of the cost of being last?”

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Sith Academy, Korriban

There are several areas where large concentrations of slaves might be found.  The closest in the Academy’s own slave quarters. You make your way through the Academy’s great stone passageways to your destination.   The slave quarters are large but cramped, similar in design and style to the rest of the academy but far more spartan. Still, they are better than the quarter you had known in your previous life.  Inside are whatever slaves are not currently assigned to other duties. It is a mix of species: Zebrak, Cathar, Twi’lek, Humans, and others. Some mill around, others sleep, likely those on night shifts.  Reactions to you are confused, at first glance you are ignored just another slave, but then the fact that you are wearing Initiate robes starts to sink in. It wasn’t unheard of for a Sith to visit the quarters, but it wasn’t something any of the slave looked forward to.  So, in general you are treated with a sort of confused deference, with those you encounter uncertain as to whether you are actually a Sith, but unwilling to risk angering you if you are.

Spindrall gives a hardy laugh at your show of obsequious deference, but seems mollified by your answer.  “You might go far, if you have the right master, but be careful Initiate. Not all those you serve will be interested in excuses no matter how valid they might be.  You may return to Amdis with my blessing.” He gestures for you to be on your way. At the bottom of the stairs, you can see Zro.

On your return to the academy you have the option of running into Kier in the Academy's main hall.

You return from the military encampment outside the Academy into the main chamber.  There is a hustle and bustle of Initiates, Sith, servants, and slaves all attending to various tasks or duties.  When you enter, you think you can make out one of your fellow Initiates heading back towards the Academy's slave quarters.  There's also a good chance if you remain here you'll run into others as any returning Initiate seeking to report to Overseer Amdis would have to pass through here.

You can follow Vor to the slave quarters or if you wait you'll run into Lom.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Kier rushes after Vor'drosai. Hoping to catch up with him. "Vor, I take it you have received our new task from the overseer?" He looked around to ensure they were not being monitored too heavily. "Perhaps where there are two we can find success where others might fail. I have an edge I would be willing to share in return for the mutual co-operation..." He left the offer in the air.

If accepted will go along, let Vor do the talking. If not, there will be others.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

“Well, well, well it would appear the last of last of Amdis’s charges has arrived. What do you have to say for yourself alien, why shouldn’t I kill you as an example to future initiates of the cost of being last?”

"Is power determined in a footrace then? I was told that you would judge our competence not our cowardice." Zro's head is bowed in something like deference. There is a menace to Spindrall beyond his his words. "Surely there are other ways of demonstrating one's use to the Sith than sprinting to be first in line? I, perhaps foolishly, wished to face the creatures thriving in this tomb. To learn how the dark side pervades even the simple minded beasts."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Not wanting to fall behind any further, Lom leaves Spindrall's chamber at a jog, ignoring the Kaminoan as he passes her. Returning to the Academy once again, Trajak spots another of Amdis's trainees heading off at a run. Hopefully this meant that he wasn't too far behind now. He puts his head down and increases his pace to reach Amdis as quickly as possible.

Gonna skip talking to anyone I don't have to.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Slave Barracks, Sith Academy, Korriban

Vor stopped when Kier approached, silently taking in his strange offer. For a long moment, he stared at the strange initiate, glancing him up and down once. "...Very well," he finally says, clearly harboring reservations about the whole thing.

"Follow me, then."

And he stepped inside the Slave Quarters, taking a long look around at all the curious and confused faces. Now to find a likely starting point...

There are several areas where large concentrations of slaves might be found. The closest in the Academy’s own slave quarters. You make your way through the Academy’s great stone passageways to your destination. The slave quarters are large but cramped, similar in design and style to the rest of the academy but far more spartan. Still, they are better than the quarter you had known in your previous life. Inside are whatever slaves are not currently assigned to other duties. It is a mix of species: Zebrak, Cathar, Twi’lek, Humans, and others. Some mill around, others sleep, likely those on night shifts. Reactions to you are confused, at first glance you are ignored just another slave, but then the fact that you are wearing Initiate robes starts to sink in. It wasn’t unheard of for a Sith to visit the quarters, but it wasn’t something any of the slave looked forward to. So, in general you are treated with a sort of confused deference, with those you encounter uncertain as to whether you are actually a Sith, but unwilling to risk angering you if you are.

Vor’drosai observed them for a few moments before choosing one of the bolder-looking Twi’leks; one who might stare longer or more openly. Less afraid to be curious. Or simply more defiant. He approached, “My associate and I are here looking for some information. First, what is your name?”

Kier was content to just look...sith-ish? sith-y? There wasn't a word for it he supposed, frowning at the random thought. Arms crossed. He’d make the grunts and make with the angry face at the applicable moments. But for now. was interested in how Vor would get what he wanted.

The twi'lek looks back at Vor and Kier, uncertain what to make of the pair. A twi'lek in Sith robes was a contradiction in terms, still he couldn't see a shock collar on Vor and regardless there was a human with him who clearly was an Initiate so the twi'lek adopts an attitude of clearly well practiced deference. “My name is Lirik, my lords.”

Vor seemed satisfied with Lirik’s attitude. “It's come to my attention that a group of slaves may be plotting sabotage. I wish to know who might be involved in such a plot, or the name of someone who can point them out. Can you provide names?”

The twi'lek seems shocked by the mere suggestion he would know anything about the subject. “Sadly, my lord, I cannot. I can’t imagine any slave here would be so foolish as to cross the Sith. You'd be better off looking at the scum assigned to serve the field units or military grunts.”

Kier grasped at his weapon and scowled at the slave. Saying nothing but clearly showing he was not pleased with the answer. He looked at Vor as if for confirmation. Do violence or no? An old trick the bullies and criminals had used on his homeworld but an effective one. If the slave had even a rumor, he needed to give it up.

Vor’drosai waved a hand in front of the slave. “You will tell me what you know.”

The slave's expression seems to cloud over for a moment and then he starts reciting an inane set of facts, which you quickly realize is a stream of consciousness list of every piece of k knowledge he possesses. It's fairly clear he doesn't know anything about any slave rebellion.

Vor’drosai scowls. Clearly he would need to be more specific in the future. It had always looked so easy from afar. “Stop. Return to your duties.” He turned to Kier, “We’re off to the field camps. I doubt any of the others knows more than this one, but we have time to interrogate them all if we have to.”

“Perhaps, but if we go directly to them we might tip our hand.” Kier shows Vor his communicator when the slave(s) were out of earshot and covertly whispers, “I will have imperial support to wipe them out if need be. Unless you have another idea?”

Vor moves the conversation comfortably away from the slaves, glancing down at the communicator. “I do not see the worry; they are slaves and have nowhere to run even if they are warned of our suspicions. One way or another I will force the information from them; what could they possibly do to stop us?”

“Point taken. Then I suppose we should get to it then," Kier said before starting off in that direction.

“Agreed. We’ll keep slaughter in the back pocket as a final option. I doubt the Overseer will thank us for decimating the labor pool.”

Heading to the Field Unit Slave Camp dealing with the new tomb. Edit: Guess I'll use Sith Inquisitor +2 to sense the feelings of the folks there and single out people of interest.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 5, 2019

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

He had been taken aback at the sudden ending of the trance in which he had found his way. He spoke softly to Katara, "Do you feel that? It's as if the room knows we're here." He turned to see her looking at the walls with a look of understanding and...foreboding? It was hard to read with so much Dark Side presence in the room. He had trusted the Force to lead him yet now that he was here he marveled at his surroundings. He felt like a child standing before the works of gods. So many mysteries, lost knowledge, and dark secrets were in this room alone.

Zef knelt down and assumed a meditative pose. He extended his senses, his feelings, and his mind into the room and allowed the Force to reveal what it may. He still attempted to retain his will and dispassion lest he be lost or overtaken by the great and terrible forces present.

I'm going to reach out and try to grok the room, the force emanating from what are probably torture-chambers for sith draugr, the walls, the past, the future, and of course the present. Gotta keep your mind on where you are and what you are doing. Precognition +2 for the knowledge side and Sith Inquisitor +2 for the force channeling portions. Questions more specifically: What's in the box, whats the story behind this chamber, and for a third, Where's the data/holocron at?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Kolzaar saw that A-Gon was busy communicating with a superior. His lifetime of working for a tempestuous Hutt screamed at him not to intervene in a discussion between two elites discussing business. He wanted very badly to go and make introductions. But his good sense told him it wasn't worth a second arm.

Kolzaar instead stayed on route, heading to recieve his new appendage.

Nah, Darth's are scary. I'mma go get my metal arm.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke approached the frightened man and kicked away his weapon.  Looming over the man he responds in a carefully calculated voice of disdain, like he was talking to an insect not a person, "And why should I tell you anything?  Unless there's some reason for me to keep you around, you won't be alive long enough for it to matter anyways. "

The man assumed a craven posture. "Please. I could follow you. Clearly I was mistaken before. You're more powerful than he ever was. I'd be your man. Let me join you. I can prove my worth!" He was looking at you with a mixture of awe and definitely fear. Having someone to watch your back would be very useful. While not as skilled as you or his fallen comrade in the force, he was what most overseers would call "adequate".

Bikke allowed his pleasure at the man's submission and his interest in the man's office to show, then his features darken.  "And what guarantee do I have you wont go running to the overseer as soon as we're out of this tomb?"

"What? You mean how he fell and his head was crushed by a rock? Or that I saw him head for the tomb and he never returned. Likely taking refuge with spindral?" He said with sith practicality. "Accidents happen to apprentices who don't mind the dangers of the tombs, but likely his own cowardice will leave him forgotten."

"You say that now, but what proof do I have you won't change your tune the minute you're out of my sight?"
"Why would I? It's our way. I followed him until his death. Why not you? Some of us aren't born with that kind of power. Look at the overseer. He's not a lord and never will be. Acknowledging that doesn't make me untrustworthy."

"Yes, and betrayal is also 'our' way.  You followed this one for a few hours and never had a chance to advance by betraying him.  Now you ask me to trust that your both willing to be the subordinate of an alien, and that you have the ability to harm me without me being to retaliate.  You are an Initiate, tell me what good Sith would tolerate a subordinate with the ability to destroy them? Now if there was something to ensure your loyalty, that would be a different story."

"If you go down for taking him out, I was here and did nothing to prevent it. If anything it would look like I helped you. Even if I turned you in all you would have to do is say I helped and I'd be tortured to death alongside you for a confession. If I confessed I'd be killed, if I didn't I'd be tortured to death until I had. They don't take apprentice deaths lightly. Especially since Overseer Harkan's last batch. Did you not hear about Ffon's death? "

"No, I've just arrived.  You make a good point however.  Very well, if you are willing to bow down and pledge your life to me, I will take you as my man, and should you serve faithfully and well see that you rise with me.  However, if you betray me I will make sure your death is slower and more painful than you could possibly imagine."

He looked fearful at the threat but said "I swear it"

"Good, now as my first order I want you to open your mind to me.  Let me see your thoughts and feelings so I may be sure you are my true man."

"W-hat? A-alright." He said shakily. (an advanced skill to try, but what the heck. What qualities are you using? Sorcerer +2?)

(Sith Inquisitor[+2].  Figured it might be easier if he's actively trying to let me in.)

The man initially fights but let's go as you delve into his feelings and thoughts. At the moment. He is telling the truth, he really doesn't want to die and he really will follow you.
As for force visions of the many potential futures. You cannot foresee him harming you.

Bikke frowns at the man's initial resistance, but smiles as he surrenders.  "Very good. You should learn early never to resist my presence, if you are to be my follower you may have no secrets from me.  Submit to me always and I will ensure you are properly rewarded."

Picking up the dropped writings, Bikke examines them to see just what they had uncovered.  Then he surveys the chamber to see if there's anything that might be of use before handing his new minion enough of the writings to ensure he passed while still keeping plenty for himself.

Once everything was ready it was time to head back to the Academy to report success to the Overseer.

Bikke's gonna use his skills as a Sith Inquisitor[+2] to scour the chamber for anything else that might be useful.  Once that's done he'll give his new minion their share of writings and then head back to the Overseer.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Katara paused and reveled in the dark power of this place. It had remained untouched for who knows how many centuries, but the raw connection with the dark side remained undiminished by time. She was not a true scholar of ancient sith language, but her privileged upbringing had included limited tutoring in the subject; she was able to discern several inscriptions around the room. Danger. Revenge. Unworthy. Kill. Words like those were a clear warning no matter what order they happened to appear in, but Katara went with her gut and constructed an idea of what the writings might convey. A warning to those who might desecrate or pilfer the tomb: [danger]- [revenge] will be taken on the [unworthy]; they will be [killed].

"We must tread carefully here. A lighter step than perhaps we have ever taken before in our lives." As Zef took a meditative pose and Katara felt him reach out to the force, she began to slowly and carefully pace through the tomb, looking for containers, alcoves, or anything that might contain the holocron or other equally valuable items. However, she did not yet dare to disturb the main feature of the room, the three sarcophagi and their mechanisms. She would wait for Zef to return to a more active state before doing that. In the back of her mind, she settles in the familiar and comforting trace of Battle Meditation, bolstering the willpower and intent of the duo in their tasks and preparing for the worst.

Sith Inquisitor [+2] to sneak around and look for loot boxes, hoping to avoid traps. Battle Meditation [+2] to inspire us both with confidence of success and bolster our mental defenses.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“Not a bad answer, Initiate.” Spindrall replies. “However, take care, you are not Sith yet, and sometimes being last to seize an opportunity means there will be nothing left when you arrive. Now, go to Amdis and tell him you passed, he will not strike you down for being last when you return with my approval, but do not expect such mercy every time. Use that fear to make you strong.” He waves you away with a gesture.

Lom Trajak - Overseer's Office, Sith Academy, Korriban

You make your way through the academy grounds quickly, arriving to find a gaggle of other Initiates waiting in Overseer Amdis office. You do not see any you fought alongside before, and a few others are missing as well.

Amdis himself soon enters and after looking over the group begins to speak.

“Those of you who have made it here have earned Lord Spindrall’s approval. However, do not his opinion that you might have potential to mean that you are Sith. Lord Spindrall has agreed to weed out the most unworthy, but his approval alone will not earn you the favor of a Lord. Now, the time has come for your second trial. Rumors have spread that there exists among the slaves a faction who have decided to rise up. In a week’s time, a detachment from the Imperial Reclamation Service will be arriving to investigate a newly uncovered tomb. We have received intelligence that these rebel slaves intend to attack the Reclamation Service team and bomb the tomb.”

A small gasp goes up in the room, the idea of such an attack is nearly unthinkable.

“You, Initiates, have been tasked to ensure that this does not occur. I do not care how you accomplish this goal, only that it is done. However, take care, for the eyes of many will be on you in this endeavor. Now is your first true chance to prove you can be useful to a Lord, do not waste it.”

He waves for the others to leave, but signals for you to remain behind for a moment. “I have received a report that you assisted some troopers with the elimination of a pest problem in the tomb. This Lieutenant Kayle speaks very highly of your combat and leadership skills. You have done well, it is good to have a proper Imperial to show these alien scum how its done. Continue to impress and I have no doubt you will be chosen. Now, get to your trial.”

Vor'drosai Fiirkan - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

You and Kier make your way from the Academy down into the Valley of Dark Lords. It isn’t an entirely uneventful journey, Korriban’s wildlife isn’t exactly friendly, and this far into the lower valley the paths aren’t well traveled enough to be clear of dangers. Still, between yourself and Kier they small packs of Tuk’ata don’t pose much of a real threat. The camp itself is located just outside the entrance to the newly uncovered tomb. A variety of tents and other temporary structures make up the majority of the camp, it is clearly designed for efficiency and function over comfort. The entire area is bustling with activity, you can feel the tension in the air, so much work to be done in preparation for the Reclamation Service experts. As you look around you can see that even now things are starting to coalesce. Computer terminals, and communications equipment is being set up, areas for storing artifacts are being prepared, supply schedules are being drafted, preliminary surveys of the tomb are being performed. Slaves, and archaeologists, and other works are everywhere working on a million different tasks.

However, as you open your mind to your surroundings, reach out with your feelings there is a subtle flaw in the air. Nothing large, but distinctly there. It feels almost like a set of eyes watching you, you can catch a taste of tension and surprise, but you can’t narrow down where it comes from. What you can tell, however, is that it was limited, whatever the nature of the rebels involvement here it was limited to a few people at most, but you felt certain there would be someone here with knowledge of what you sought.

Kier Felsto - Recently Discovered Tomb's Base Camp, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban

You and Vor make your way from the Academy down into the Valley of Dark Lords. It isn’t an entirely uneventful journey, Korriban’s wildlife isn’t exactly friendly, and this far into the lower valley the paths aren’t well traveled enough to be clear of dangers. Still, between yourself and Kier they small packs of Tuk’ata don’t pose much of a real threat. The camp itself is located just outside the entrance to the newly uncovered tomb. A variety of tents and other temporary structures make up the majority of the camp, it is clearly designed for efficiency and function over comfort. The entire area is bustling with activity, you can feel the tension in the air, so much work to be done in preparation for the Reclamation Service experts. As you look around you can see that even now things are starting to coalesce. Computer terminals, and communications equipment is being set up, areas for storing artifacts are being prepared, supply schedules are being drafted, preliminary surveys of the tomb are being performed. Slaves, and archaeologists, and other works are everywhere working on a million different tasks.

As you reach out with your senses, you can feel a subtle tension and sense of wrongness in the air, a sense of distant danger. You cannot be certain of the size of the rebel’s involvement with this place, but you can be certain that someone here has information that would be useful to your investigation.

Please wait until Commie's update is up before posting.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

---Capable of reading----

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

As Bikke and his new follower search the tomb, they soon find a set of light saber parts and a few incomplete ones. As they take inventory there is enough for a single double bladed saber or two blades. However one thing that is lacking, are the crystals. These could be procured through the academy or one of the shadier merchants who were not supposed to deal in such things but had them, as a side deal. 'Having the best hardware, for the best prices'. It wouldn't take much persuading. However Bikke had a bit of a credit flow problem at the moment.

You have found Lightsaber Parts. Enough to build a single double saber, or two individual sabers. They do not have crystals, which are needed for operation. However there are a few ways to get them, as described above. Or you could steal them.

Kolzaar's feeling that approaching a Sith Lord or even a Darth without a good reason likely would have ended in his death was a strong one, and a correct one. As Kolzaar entered the medical facility, he was greeted by a gruff sith and his slave dr-helper. "Ah, just the one I was waiting for. Your betters have decided to give you a second chance, so to speak. It would be death in the trials missing an arm like that. Get up on the table. This might pinch a bit."

The pain was unbelievable but also a lesson in itself. Everything was some kind of teachable moment in the dark side here on Korriban. When the deed was done, Kolzaar flexed his new limb. It was more than functional, it was...perfect.

There were three possibilities here. Junk arm, perfectly good arm, and clawed fear arm.

Zef received a vision. Three servants there were. Three had betrayed Marka Ragnos. They were brought here for punishment. They were wrapped and bound in cloth, unable to free themselves as one by one they were lowered into the coffins. They could be heard screaming as the mechanical devices whirred and hydraulic pistons sealed them shut. One of the sith imprisoning the captives inserted the holocron into the center coffin and then the muffled screams really began as the coffins locked within.

Eyes suddenly opened and wide. Zef looked at the coffins. The force had kept them alive or something nearing that. He shuddered,

Holocron is at the head of the middle coffin.

Katara kept a safe distance from the coffins, noticing the holocron taking a place of prominence at the head of the middle coffin. As she walked around the room she noticed a few stone slabs that could possibly be doors to alcoves or other rooms. They didn't have any means of opening from this side. They likely could be traps or contain ancient guardian droids. Behind one of the doors she sensed some force energy. Not light, not dark. Interesting. If only they knew how to trigger it.

Battle Meditation [+2] I'd use if you guys had triggered some kind of mental attack, but doesn't apply to the vision or search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Bikke secured the lightsaber parts in his bag. Satisfied that everything of value had been extracted from this place he headed back to the overseer, his new follower in tow. During the trip back to the Academy he had the Sith tell him everything about himself. After all, to make best use of him Bikke had to know who he was and what he could do.

Just before they arrived, Bikke made sure that he and his follower would arrive at the Overseer's office separately. No point in drawing attention to the fact that they had collaborated. Especially since there was no way to tell how the Overseer would take the idea of a human Initiate swearing fealty to a non-human.

Heading back to the Overseer. Using the trip back to learn more about my new minion and his capabilities.

Taking steps to not make it too obvious that Bikke and the other with are teamed up.