Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

Did he literally explain the joke WITHIN the comic?

It's the alt-text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

It's the alt-text.

Punch the alt-text!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
the point is theres compressed gas in the can, otherwise youd have to activate some baking soda or yeast to get fluffy bread. this way the gas expands and puffs up the dough and its instantly ready to bake

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There's more potato chips produced by more unique brands in the southeastern quarter of Pennsylvania than the whole United Kingdom and British people still have the sheer balls to claim their word for potato chip is right and ours is wrong.

I mean obviously we are correct, but this is about your misuse of the word biscuits. Like I'm less horrified by the concept of biscuits and gravy but still no real clear idea what it is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If it's not baked twice it's not a biscuit but a unicuit. (I mean, literally this is a fact. Calling something that's only been baked once a biscuit is literally literally the same as calling a unicycle a bicycle.)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
broke: biscuit
woke: biscoitus

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

cohsae posted:

Those scones don't look like any scones I've ever seen. And those biscuits look quite similar to scones.
Neither should be in an exploding can.

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2014/05/27/biscuit-vs-cookie/ posted:

A British biscuit is an American cookie and an American cookie is a British cookie and an American biscuit is a British scone and an American scone is something else entirely. Simple!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
dude them tubes are fun as hell to open, i almost blew my hand off as a kid with one that had heated up.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The worst is when the can cracks but doesn’t explode, and a little bit of dough oozes out the small crack.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Why are people opening them so weird. My family calls them "whomp-em biscuits" because you whomp them on the counter and they open.

Also, if you come from a country that calls anything between a damp cake to blood sausage "pudding" you don't have much space to trash talk American biscuits.

Croatoan has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Apr 8, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"You're calling this the wrong thing", says country that has two words for the same thing.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I call fries scones and cookies chips

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

"You're calling this the wrong thing", says country that has two words for the same thing.

Let's not bring the single-party system with the same right-wing bougie fascist party twice that Americans call a "bi-partisan" system into the comic thread, TIA.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aramoro posted:

Like I'm less horrified by the concept of biscuits and gravy but still no real clear idea what it is.

What a sad, empty life

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Croatoan posted:

Also, if you come from a country that calls anything between a damp cake to blood sausage "pudding" you don't have much space to trash talk Americans these biscuits.

This is quite interesting though and it comes from how they're made. Black pudding isn't a sausage, it just looks like one. So a steak and kidney pudding and a Sussex pond pudding are essentially the same thing except one the filling is savoury and the other sweet.

The term pudding turned into the more generic term it is now for a sweet dessert over time. That why savoury puddings tend to be older traditional dishes as no one uses that term anymore.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramoro posted:

This is quite interesting though and it comes from how they're made. Black pudding isn't a sausage, it just looks like one. So a steak and kidney pudding and a Sussex pond pudding are essentially the same thing except one the filling is savoury and the other sweet.

The term pudding turned into the more generic term it is now for a sweet dessert over time. That why savoury puddings tend to be older traditional dishes as no one uses that term anymore.

Yeah, if you go by what a food "looks like" you get people calling pea soup

or rutabaga purée for boxes

"sausage".

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

If it's not baked twice it's not a biscuit but a unicuit. (I mean, literally this is a fact. Calling something that's only been baked once a biscuit is literally literally the same as calling a unicycle a bicycle.)

bump_fn posted:

broke: biscuit
woke: biscoitus
Something that's only been baked once when it should be twice is biscoitus interruptus.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

Something that's only been baked once when it should be twice is biscoitus interruptus.

I don't appreciate your half-baked linguistic opinions.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Here' I'll settle it: everyone's country sucks and says things wrong.
Post more comics instead of talking about likes to eat spotted dick or suck down footlongs.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Edit: decided to not continue the derail

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1115128446412316674?s=19

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/anarchopupgirl/status/1115186863550029824

iu loving told you guys that stupid alien comic was poo poo from a poo poo

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
He's like the anti-Tim Buckley

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bump_fn posted:

https://twitter.com/anarchopupgirl/status/1115186863550029824

iu loving told you guys that stupid alien comic was poo poo from a poo poo

Alien 1: we must force the female unit to carry the spawn to term against her will

Alien 2: the womb-bearer has no agency in this

Alien 1: shall we care for the spawn once it had emerged?

Alien 2: we shall not

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RJWaters2 posted:

He's like the anti-Tim Buckley

Who What Now posted:

Alien 1: we must force the female unit to carry the spawn to term against her will

gently caress, this needs to become a blue-alien anti-loss comic

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Who What Now posted:

I skimmed over this at first without realizing the context, and thought you were describing the plots of the Alien movies.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Putting all of these edits and mockups into a Forums Goldmine has never been more timely.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Who What Now posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:kiss:

Time to take the aliens in an new exciting chudly direction

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thank you for making my dream a reality

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Haha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/johnnysampson/status/1115243004170833921?s=19

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

:five:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haha this feels like a perfect blend of old-style newspaper comic delivery and new-style edgy grossness, I like it

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, that's pretty much a Viz comic except it isn't written phonetically in a completely incomprehensible local British dialect.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Can someone tweet this at him or something? It's perfect.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/johnnemann/status/1115275393823412224?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lol at all of this.

E: a comic

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Apr 8, 2019