Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

buglord posted:

Using ellipses in electronic communication

Seriously. Goddamn it mom, you type like a lunatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

As many grandchildren as possible, as quickly as possible.

The sanctity of marriage.

Divorced children living with 7 roommates well into their 40s because they were pressured into the two things listed above.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my parents are boomer af heres some things they do that make no sense to me:

my dad owns TWO motorcycles he never rides
my dad owns a shelby mustang that he can barely get into because his back is hosed (also barely drives it)
have an RV they literally never use and is probably defunct
a two story house in the middle of nowhere, and they dont use the top floors for anything
they love places like logans steakhouse and crackerbarrel and dont like 'fancy food' (tbf i dont mind crackerbarrel specifically)
constantly watch NCIS
have lots of tacky knick knacks to hang up on the wall
spend their free time going to insanely boring poo poo like car shows

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im dreading their death because ill end up having to laboriously sell all their vehicles and garbage

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

deadking posted:

Seriously. Goddamn it mom, you type like a lunatic.

Hello?...

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
encouraging their idiot children to take on life-ruining amounts of student loan debt

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Laterite posted:

leaded gas

Completely loving the prices of 1950-1980 classic cars at Barrett-Jackson auctions.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Large Vehicles/SUVs/Minivans or flashy cars they look bad driving

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

pram posted:

my dad owns a shelby mustang that he can barely get into because his back is hosed (also barely drives it)

pram posted:

im dreading their death because ill end up having to laboriously sell all their vehicles and garbage

On the plus side, you should be able to find a few other boomers willing to pay $infinite for that Shelby (unless it's a modern one, and even then they still fetch a lot).

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

buglord posted:

Using ellipses in electronic communication

Maybe they learnt to type from the files in Resident Evil games?...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pram posted:

a two story house in the middle of nowhere, and they dont use the top floors for anything
they love places like logans steakhouse and crackerbarrel and dont like 'fancy food' (tbf i dont mind crackerbarrel specifically)

Swap Logan's for Outback and that's my parents. They also exclusively eat frozen meals at home now :negative:

My parents have a two story house in the middle of nowhere and have mobility issues, so they remodeled the entire first floor. Now you'd think that with mobility issues they would have added a room for bedroom purposes, nope, there's an "office" which is maybe 4 feet wide, and half as long as the house, which is just a junk room. The first floor is nice, but it now has the fanciest shower in the house for washing the dogs, and the entire second floor now looks dated as hell since it hasn't been updated since it was built in probably 1994.

pram posted:

:same: Although my brother lives about 20 minutes away, so I'll just let him do it.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hating their families and their jobs and retreating to alcoholism and expensive, useless hobbies to cope.

Condemning any act that attempts to improve working conditions as "a bunch of crybabies who need to suck it up and earn their keep."

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

big nipples big life posted:

the alliance of boomers and channers has to be one of the weirdest things in the 21st century.

Not really, boomers love fascism so that makes complete sense

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
driving a Corvette 10 mph under the speed limit and just generally putting about in the loving things on nice days

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ronald Regan replacing Jesus
Fascism
Racism
Separating kids from families at the border
Destroying the environment and earth
Leaving nothing for later generations
Business
Enslaving the youth through college loans to make an extra buck
Hypocracy
gently caress You Got Mine
Entitlement
Human and Animal suffering and misery

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Gardening, good food, bad jokes, new puppies, hiking, vacation time with friends & family. Love you, dad! :)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mordja posted:

Gardening, good food, bad jokes, new puppies, vacation time with friends & family. Love you, dad! :)

gardening rules tho

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Buying guitars that are just severely overpriced vanity items that remind them of their high school glory days.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Saying some variation of "Now I know you *think* you know what you're doing, but I've been doing this job for 30 years and I know better" even when they're dumb as hell and have only kept that job for so long because their brother is the regional manager and keeps covering when they gently caress up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Carrying cash

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Complaining about prices and asking for special discounts because they are old. Buddy, you dismantled all the social safety nets and voted to privatize poo poo, reap what you sow.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Posting ineptly on facebook

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

-Always watching tv in standard def and somehow not noticing it looks like poo poo.

-Calling young people lazy even though most of my generation is working two or three jobs to even loving live.

-Complaining about people on welfare and food stamps, talking about how easy they have it, and saying that these programs should no longer exist because everyone on them is just abusing it.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 8, 2019

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The bad pink Floyd albums

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

The bad pink Floyd albums

-Going around telling everyone how there hasn't been any good music recorded after 1985.

-Crossing the street if they see a black guy.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

CPL593H posted:

-Always watching tv with the awful default configurations (motion smoothing, aspect ratio stretching, color balancing) and somehow not noticing it looks like poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Being put into mass unmarked graves

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Aw poo poo, I thought the title was "Things Boomers deserve"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
talking to the manager

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CPL593H posted:

Buying guitars that are just severely overpriced vanity items that remind them of their high school glory days.

i always wondered who the hell would ever buy any guitar off the 5000$ rack at guitar center

naem
May 29, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

Saying some variation of "Now I know you *think* you know what you're doing, but I've been doing this job for 30 years and I know better" even when they're dumb as hell and have only kept that job for so long because their brother is the regional manager and keeps covering when they gently caress up.

this plus not knowing what a “username” or “password” are, like the very concept of what those are

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Sitting in a chair in the living room with the TV off.

Hagglin

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my mom bought two ipads so she could have words with friends and cheats with friends open at the same time

my dad brags about never spending money on clash of clans but bought an 800 dollar ipad so he could see it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This dick

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

emailing you to call them

calling to explain (read: repeat) the email they sent 10 seconds before

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Disneyland

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Washin' the extended cab pickup to drive around suburbia at sunset lookin for deer with a handheld cigarette lighter powered spotlight like the cops have

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Complaining that every single retail worker that isn't absolutely thrilled about their minimum wage job at all times is rude.

Covering the back of their car with stickers about Jesus and their regressive social attitudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
a universal remote to control their media center with an hd blu ray player, blu ray player, dvd player, cd player, and VCR