Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

We were doing so well and then the last two pages happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.1023549e0ab3

If Joe Biden makes people upset now, wait until someone brings up Anita Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
in the context of Joe Biden? Cuz nobody cared about long dong silver then, good luck now that bro kavanaugh is on the panel

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pedro De Heredia posted:

man Ryan Gosling is just about the worst person to pick to make this point.

thinking the point was how he'd look like a totally different person with equivalent makeup.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Edit: nvm

I feel so loving bad for Al Franken trying to set an example and basically just getting cannibalized by his own team. He was a great politician and really cared about his constituents and didn’t deserve this.

Biden sucks, but I trust that Obama wouldn’t hang out with anyone on a Dershowitz level. I know he loves Hilary but I don’t know if he and Bill were close.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 5, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

edit: nvm indeed.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bust Rodd posted:

Edit: nvm

I feel so loving bad for Al Franken trying to set an example and basically just getting cannibalized by his own team. He was a great politician and really cared about his constituents and didn’t deserve this.

Biden sucks, but I trust that Obama wouldn’t hang out with anyone on a Dershowitz level. I know he loves Hilary but I don’t know if he and Bill were close.

Lol you’re on a roll go for three in a row

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

you are not having a good week, even for you

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I know it sounds stupid but can this thread stick to the entertainment industry?

I mean literally every single politician in history is a sex pest (I'm not saying this to downplay it, but to j'accuse) and they're already in every other thread so why do we need them here?

To me, this thread is more focused and I think there are industry people here as well, and a very vain hope is that it might make a difference, you know?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

I know it sounds stupid but can this thread stick to the entertainment industry?

I mean literally every single politician in history is a sex pest (I'm not saying this to downplay it, but to j'accuse) and they're already in every other thread so why do we need them here?

To me, this thread is more focused and I think there are industry people here as well, and a very vain hope is that it might make a difference, you know?

I'll be honest it was just my attempt to move the thread along to something besides whatever the gently caress that was

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem

Krankenstyle posted:

The 2nd post by the OP has political figures listed I don't see how its not fair game to post about them itt

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Alright, that's fine. I just felt there was a solid "streak" (for lack of a better word) of updates and discussion before the last 3-5 pages or whatever. I retract.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

Smallville's Allison Mack pleads guilty in NXIVM sex cult case

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I still don't know how you're supposed to pronounce the name of that cult.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The documentary my wife watched pronounced it the same as the pharmaceutical.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The documentary my wife watched pronounced it the same as the pharmaceutical.

How's that pronounced? I didn't know it was a drug.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm assuming Rhyno's referring to the purple pill called Nexium.

(I have no idea why that commercial bit is still burned into my brain.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It is also burned into my memory and thus I assumed it was the same for all.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
What exactly happened with Tim Allen if anything? I guess it’s fine since Pixar is doing another Toy Story.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Shaocaholica posted:

What exactly happened with Tim Allen if anything? I guess it’s fine since Pixar is doing another Toy Story.

Something new? I know he dealt cocaine forever ago. But I haven’t heard anything about him being a sex pest. Though it would be the least surprising news ever.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
He's definitely a CHUD but I'm not sure if he's also a sexmonster.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I mean the two go hand and hand

saw Andy Dick in h wood the other night and boy did he look ragged af

my friend's cousin and his gf opted to stay and hang with him instead of go with us to location 2 for some reason but I guess there's still an allure to these kinds of people

maybe they got into a "so you got some drugs?'" feedback loop

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

thrawn527 posted:

Something new? I know he dealt cocaine forever ago. But I haven’t heard anything about him being a sex pest. Though it would be the least surprising news ever.

I just remember him being in the news a while ago. I just assume anything in the last few years is 90% chance of sexpest but that must be it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shaocaholica posted:

I just remember him being in the news a while ago. I just assume anything in the last few years is 90% chance of sexpest but that must be it.

He was blaming "the liberals" for ABC cancelling "Last Man Standing", and how Hollywood is against "conservative" programs like that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He recently got a huge paycheck to move his misogynistic show to Fox and then did a press tour whining about the liberals sinking it the first time and said that being a conservative in Hollywood is like being in 1930s Germany. So it was probably just something like that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Basically it's all older stuff, but people decided since he's getting the Disney checks again maybe it was time to bring up his "why can't I say the N-word" grousing of recent years and see if they could finally put a stake in the fucker.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Davros1 posted:

He was blaming "the liberals" for ABC cancelling "Last Man Standing", and how Hollywood is against "conservative" programs like that.

The stupidest part about that is that his show had six seasons, so I don't know how the gently caress he can go around claiming that the libs had it in for him and oh they're just so mean and unfair. Maybe they cancelled it because it sucked, Tim.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

The weird thing is that Last Man Standing isn't conservative, or at least wasn't. It was the definition of 'both sides have a point'

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

The weird thing is that Last Man Standing isn't conservative, or at least wasn't. It was the definition of 'both sides have a point'

probably thanks to a room full of liberal writers who don't want to completely hate their jobs writing for a conservative piece of poo poo like tim allen

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

probably thanks to a room full of liberal writers who don't want to completely hate their jobs writing for a conservative piece of poo poo like tim allen

Oh, undoubtedly. Still, the idea that it was really conservative is both absurd and consistent with conservatives seeing themselves as perpetually under attack.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I remember hearing that all of their contracts we're coming up and they were due pay raises so they decided it would be cheaper to cancel the show instead. Politics didn't have anything to do with it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...o92OH7_IxfuBB-I

quote:

For over a decade, Blood on the Dance Floor frontman Dahvie Vanity has been the focus of numerous rape and sexual assault allegations, most stemming from encounters with underaged fans. Yet for all the women who have spoken out against the electro-scene musician, his fan base remains rabid and he has yet to face legal repercussions. Now, a new exposé from Huffington Post puts the number of accusers at 21.

The Bill Cosby of lovely music

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I remember hearing about that poo poo at least 10 years ago when emo poo poo was still big. Surprised it took this long.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, it's been open for over a decade. As the article explains, it was hard to convict him is because a lot of the encounters were underage girls who were super excited to get attention and sex from their idol and would obviously be unwilling to speak out against him until years later when they realized it was hosed up. It's also especially hard for 14-year-olds to talk about it because unless it's a clear cut case of rape they're afraid of the reaction from their parents. By the time they're able to talk about it, nothing can be done.

His claims of accusers being mentally ill reminds me of William Control and makes me wonder if he does the same thing where he intentionally targets young girls with problems so they can easily be gaslighted and waved away as crazy if they start publicly accusing him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Detective No. 27 posted:

I remember hearing that all of their contracts we're coming up and they were due pay raises so they decided it would be cheaper to cancel the show instead. Politics didn't have anything to do with it.

That's just what the libs want you to believe!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Hollywood Reporter, Sundance film festival co-founder Sterling Van Wagenen has been charged with felony sexual abuse of a child

quote:

Van Wagenen was charged April 2. He is out on $75,000 bail, authorities told THR.

The 71-year-old filmmaker and producer is accused of sexually abusing a child on or about Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2015 when the child was 7 and 9, according to court documents.

Van Wagenen co-founded Sundance Film Festival with Robert Redford. He was also formerly affiliated with the local non-profit Salt Lake Film Society. Van Wagenen produced the 1985 drama, The Trip to Bountiful, for which Geraldine Page won an Academy Award for best actress. He directed the 1992 film Alan & Naomi.

Van Wagenen is scheduled to return to court on May 2 for a scheduling hearing.

A former professor at the University of Utah, he resigned after allegedly admitting to molesting a minor in 1993, according to The Daily Utah Chronicle. The alleged victim in that case secretly recorded Van Wagenen allegedly admitting to the abuse, according to the newspaper. Van Wagenen was not arrested nor charged in that instance.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah it was that and the fact it was owned and produced by a third party so it was making ABC less money than a show that had 2/3 the ratings.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Polanski's suing to get back in the Academy https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/movies/ct-ent-roman-polanski-sues-film-academy-20190419-story.html

quote:

"We are litigating the fairness of their procedure. They threw him out without warning and without giving him a chance to respond. There was not even any notice of why. After 40 years on the same day as [Bill] Cosby. Give me a break," Polanski's attorney Harland Braun told Variety on Friday.

Braun indicated that Polanski would pursue legal action in 2018, sending a heated letter to Academy president John Bailey saying Polanski had a right to go to court "and require your organization to follow its own procedures, as well as California law."

Polanski was dismissed in step with comedian Bill Cosby, at a time when the #MeToo movement encouraged hundred of sexual assault and harassment accusers to come forward with accounts of abuse at the hands of powerful men. Months before Polanski and Cosby were dismissed, the Academy moved swiftly to eject Harvey Weinstein from its ranks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf is he thinking?

He got off scott free and is living the sweet life making movies and he's super rich—oh that's why... being rich breaks your brain. He thinks he can use lawyers & money to wipe away the past and become an Honored Member of the Academy in Good Standing again, just in time before he croaks.

What court is he suing in? Chicago Tribune blocks me because of GDPR...

Anyway, let's see what mountains of dirt come out now, what an idiot :shepface:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm sure the Academy would be happy to let him back in if he would just fly over to Los Angeles, I'm sure they could sort it out in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm sure the Academy would be happy to let him back in if he would just fly over to Los Angeles, I'm sure they could sort it out in person.

The academy very much dont care about his "transgressions", theyre like 80% sex weirds and they gave him an oscar in 2002.

A judge might care, idk if the original extradition order was stayed or what happened with all that anymore, or if he even has to go to America to testify for this dumbass lawsuit