Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Skeezy posted:

Getting a lot of screen tearing with GOTY on the One X. Anyone else running into this issue?

I just saw a thread on reddit about some issues Gearbox is [supposedly] working on; a lot of the comments also mentioned screen tearing. Definitely not a "Just You" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The BL1 remaster is a bit of a mess. I can't play it with a friend online unless we setup exactly identical refresh rates, FPS locking and vsync settings. Otherwise the player joining will desync like mad.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Attestant posted:

The BL1 remaster is a bit of a mess. I can't play it with a friend online unless we setup exactly identical refresh rates, FPS locking and vsync settings. Otherwise the player joining will desync like mad.

Interesting!.

I noticed too (watching a lets play) that some scripts can break with more than 30 fps.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Attestant posted:

:pcgaming:

Console superiority :smugdog:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I went back and played some BL2 to hear what Tannis said about Dahl's interest in Pandora, so I think I more or less have the plot laid down.

Pandora has been colonized multiple times, with the Dahl corporation leading the largest excursion to exploit it's mineral resources during their first colonization effort. At the same time, Elpis is colonized and resource extraction takes place under the watch of Zarpedon's fleet. Somewhere else in the galaxy, Atlas uncovers a Vault on Prometheus that turns them into a superpower that begins encroaching on Dahl territory. Dahl gets wind of rumors floating around that Pandora also houses a Vault and sends Tannis to Pandora along with a second wave of colonization to strip mine Pandora using convict labor.

The Crackening occurs and most of Elpis's atmosphere is vented into space. Zarpedon's forces are caught in the blast and presumed lost. Meanwhile, Pandora's summer season starts and the wildlife comes out of a decades long hibernation and starts wreaking havoc on the population. On top of this, Atlas shows up to annex the planet and Dahl freaks out, deciding to pull out of the solar system completely, abandoning the population in the process. The unsafe mining operations result in mutations that afflict much of the convict workforce, driving many of them insane.

During this time, Jack has already plugged Angel into Angel Core and Hyperion moves a listening satellite into Pandoran orbit to observe the situation. Borderlands 1 happens and the Vault is opened, releasing vast amounts of eridium. Atlas moves to secure Pandora again but overextends themselves and suffers from terrible mismanagement due to nepotism, and the company folds after Knoxx and most of their military is wiped out.

Hyperion begins to move into Pandora to deal with a psychotic Claptrap revolution that Jack probably started to get the company interested in Pandora so his plan could keep moving forward. After the revolution is out down Helios is put in orbit around Elpis and Jack hires mercenaries to find the Elpis vault when the Lost Legion appears to stop anyone from doing so. Pre Sequel happens, jack takes over Hyperion, shuts down the Claptrap line, and becomes the richest man in the universe after capitalizing on eridium sales. He rebuilds Hyperion's military with combat loader bots and moves the Angel Core to Pandora's surface to charge another vault key and get his hands on The Warrior. Borderlands 2 happens.

Tales from the Borderlands happens after this with Rhys and co searching for the vault of the traveler. More vaults have become active across the galaxy and the cult known as the children of the Vault grows bigger, eventually coming under the control of the Calypso twins who will be the BL3 antagonists.

Is that about right? In very broad strokes?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That sounds about right and boy is most of the lore established after the first game pretty loving garbage

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The Crackening happens after the end of BL1, after Atlas/Crimson Lance arrives, but apart from that looks solid.
Oh and Dahl left before the events of BL1 I think.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah Dahl bailed out when Atlas came to annex them which is why the Crimson Lance had taken over Old Haven and blocked the road to Sanctuary. They doubled down to take over Pandora after the vault opened but the Lance got trashed when Knoxx died

watho
Aug 2, 2013

yeah dahl leaves not too long before the vault hunters arrive on pandora

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah Dahl bailed out when Atlas came to annex them which is why the Crimson Lance had taken over Old Haven and blocked the road to Sanctuary. They doubled down to take over Pandora after the vault opened but the Lance got trashed when Knoxx died

the lance got weakened by Athena turning on them. they were finished off when knoxx was taken down

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Was Athena assassinating the heads of the Atlas Corp or just the Crimson Lance

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was Athena assassinating the heads of the Atlas Corp or just the Crimson Lance

she killed the leadership that wasn't part of the crimson lance but still relaying info to from dahl I believe. after that all of Dahl's plans went to poo poo and the lance started acting on its own and had designs on taking over the planet since most of the people with them were just convicts

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Athena is basically going to kill anyone part of Atlas/CL because they tricked her into murdering her own sister and this dynamite gal holds grudges

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is that ever explained past her saying it? Did it happen in a game and i wasnt paying attention?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
At the end of the Claptastic DLC Jack throws it out there that he hates Claptrap units and finally has the power to cease their production. So I don't think he's responsible for the revolution.

E: That's if anything related to TPS is canon actually. I swear this game disregarded any sort of timeline the first two games built up.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The fact that jack stopped the claptrap product line is established in 2 so that’s most likely canon

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ZeusCannon posted:

Is that ever explained past her saying it? Did it happen in a game and i wasnt paying attention?

There’s a series of echoes in the area before the first boss (jump pad guy) which goes into it a bit. Including some excellent contribution from Gen Knoxx.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Also Claptrap started his revolution all on his own. That's why Jake got himself assigned to fixing third programming. And subsequently why he hates them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They really need to add waypoint markers to those echo logs. I came across one for Wilhelm in the middle of a crater in a white featureless wasteland and I realized that trying to find the other gllowing white echo logs in such an environment was going to be like pulling teeth.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
They need apexs ping aystem.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Having gone a good deal of the way through borderlands 1
1) claptrap are way less annoying in this one
2) so. Much. Brown.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FoolyCharged posted:

Having gone a good deal of the way through borderlands 1
1) claptrap are way less annoying in this one

I can't help but feel like the marketing is what made everyone hate Claptrap than anything in the game itself.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nah, in bl2 they're quirky little helper robots. The only times the player is required to even look at them in the base game is 1) when the first one tells you the controls and 2) to open literal plot gates. There's no forced, in your face zaniness. I think that starts changing in robot revolution for obvious reasons, but the change from base game 1 to base game two is guge.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Attestant posted:

I was trying it online with a friend the other night and while we got it running fairly smooth after tweaking a bunch of setting, eventually it froze up completely and I had to do a physical power cycle on my computer.

I can't even remember the last time I've had a game crash that hard on me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You can give Mikey Neumann poo poo for how the discourse around Last Jedi broke his brain along with every other terminally inline person, but he's still a better writer than Anthony Burch.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Man, I'm replaying some BL2, does the area around the Happy Pig physically nauseate anyone else? I wear headphones and every couple seconds those drat pumps make a loud THUMP and everything on the screen shakes and :barf:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If anyone wants to poopsock bl2 with me on God's system the PS4 hmu @ rerewrerererew

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How many failed colonization efforts are out there in the Borderlands universe were hostile planets are filled with abandoned prisoners/mutated scientists?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If anyone's playing BL1 GOTY Enhanced on PC, Willowtree has been updated and I can confirm it's working. Haven't gotten a single weapon code to work well, they all fail on import.

Anyway, https://sourceforge.net/projects/willowtree/files/2.3/

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Does it work well enough to level up your weapons?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

internet celebrity posted:

Does it work well enough to level up your weapons?

Yep!

Also enjoy 5 BL1 golden keys: WJCBB-5RRJK-9B3RJ-6XT3T-CBZBF

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
In BL1 Remaster, I have acquired a gun called Violence. It truly lives up to its name.

I hope the drop rates are like this in BL3.

If anyone wants to participate in murder on the one true system, the PS4, feel free to add me as DrSmasher

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr.Smasher posted:

In BL1 Remaster, I have acquired a gun called Violence. It truly lives up to its name.

I hope the drop rates are like this in BL3.

If anyone wants to participate in murder on the one true system, the PS4, feel free to add me as DrSmasher

I'm replaying it now and I'm hoping to find a Hellfire SMG and/or a Volcano Sniper Rifle to set everyone on fire with.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

How many failed colonization efforts are out there in the Borderlands universe were hostile planets are filled with abandoned prisoners/mutated scientists?

As many as the plot requires.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Otacon posted:

Yep!

Also enjoy 5 BL1 golden keys: WJCBB-5RRJK-9B3RJ-6XT3T-CBZBF

I tried that code on the enhanced version and it doesn’t seem to work.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bofast posted:

I'm replaying it now and I'm hoping to find a Hellfire SMG and/or a Volcano Sniper Rifle to set everyone on fire with.

I had a Volcano drop at level 8 in BL2 and I used it up until level 18. It owns and I hand it off to my new characters.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Actually the only thing worse than griding out Brains for Baha (which didn't start counting until you took the quest in it's out of the way location) was all the various collectable crap you had to pic, up in Robot Revolution. Gas cans, panties and some other one right? The drop rate on all of them were so abysmal i think it's the only achievement from BL1 i don't have because i got tired of just killing robots during the final boss for these things to drop.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Sex Hobbit posted:

I tried that code on the enhanced version and it doesn’t seem to work.

It worked for me, but I had to manually type it in.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Started playing Borderlands 2 again after finishing TPS and wow. Theres one million subtle details that make BL2 a better game. The weapons feel better, enemies talk more and are strange and funny, vehicles handle much better.

What I dont understand is the playerbase, is hard to find people that just want to have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

Started playing Borderlands 2 again after finishing TPS and wow. Theres one million subtle details that make BL2 a better game. The weapons feel better, enemies talk more and are strange and funny, vehicles handle much better.

What I dont understand is the playerbase, is hard to find people that just want to have fun.

Maybe because most of the people who just wanted to have fun have moved on at this point or only play with buddies on Discord or such? It has been a while.