Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I got into the habit of doing it on my 360 controller for some reason and now I can't stop. it's not comfortable

Wait you hit R2 with your pinky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Larry has tiny rear end hands is now canon

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

what? using index + middle is weird as hell

phew .. knew it werent right deep down

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
left stick between thumb and index, dpad with middle, l1 with ring, and l2 with pinky, as the controllers were designed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

left stick between thumb and index, dpad with middle, l1 with ring, and l2 with pinky, as the controllers were designed

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Using the controller Funky Foot style and holding it upside down

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Not being able to adjust to using my middle fingers on triggers is why I've never gotten good at Devil May Cry 4 and now 5

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
cant say its ever slowed me down. i think people just naturally have more dexterity in their index fingers. i sure do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Wait you hit R2 with your pinky?

I don't know any more and now I'm confused. sitting at my work desk deforming my painful hands into controller shapes and squeezing the air

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't know any more and now I'm confused. sitting at my work desk deforming my painful hands into controller shapes and squeezing the air

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've never played a game that required or expected you to hit both a shoulder and a trigger on the same side at the same time and now mimicking the stance sitting at my desk I'm filled with an immense dread and feeling of unwell.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

American McGay posted:

I've never played a game that required or expected you to hit both a shoulder and a trigger on the same side at the same time and now mimicking the stance sitting at my desk I'm filled with an immense dread and feeling of unwell.

racing sims generally have u shifting gears with rl 1 and throttle and brake on the triggers, so youd have to take your finger off the throttle to shift up or the brake to shift down if you were playing with a controller. but anyone whos fast is using a wheel instead and you can always remap the controls in them anwyay so youre shifting with the face buttons. but thats generally the default

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm home and can confirm that I have no idea what the gently caress I was on about. why would you use your pinky for shoulder buttons. what the hell

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You got problems mate.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Finally someone gets it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

elf help book posted:

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

When I was younger I played far too much Frequency and Amplitude. The ideal way to hold the controller for those games was just index finger for L1 and L2 and index + middle finger for R1 and R2.

Even now I know this is wrong but I played so much that I can never change.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

awesome interaction of immersion: I've been playing too much dmc5 and developed a minor condition called Trigger Finger in my left pinky (the devil trigger pressing finger)

Devil’s Digit

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Imagine if you had a third hand for gaming.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Imagine if you had a third hand for gaming.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mostly, I'm just amazed he was able to bust that out like two minutes after my post

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Mostly, I'm just amazed he was able to bust that out like two minutes after my post

I'm an expert googler

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

daddy anime
May 20, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN