Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The GLA is a hot pile of garbage, the AMG version is only slightly less so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

highme posted:

Wow those are 2 drastically different market segments. After I win Powerball I'm buying an AMG E63 wagon for my "daily".

Are you looking to buy new or used?
Oddly enough the Edge ST is like 43k and the GLA45 is like 53k so while they are different market segments, the pricing is not as far off as you might think. I'll probably buy new unless I can find a low mileage well maintain used car/SUV.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The GLA is a hot pile of garbage, the AMG version is only slightly less so.
What are the main issues with the GLA?

Yuns fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2019

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

need me a small truck for bikes and skis that's also not a bitch to park underground.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Probably a Colorado or something like it. The older ranger/s-10/Sonoma would fit the bill but they stopped selling those/made then bigger in like 07.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Honestly, a Tacoma or 4Runner are the 2 best options in that size. You will pay a bit more, but nothing holds value like they do and total cost of ownership is relatively low.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

fknlo posted:

The crosstrek would be cool if it came with a different engine.

Came to say this. I like the design (even if it's a bit goofy), but I won't consider buying one until they give it a better engine. No fuckin power, no acceleration.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yuns posted:

Oddly enough the Edge ST is like 43k and the GLA45 is like 53k so while they are different market segments, the pricing is not as far off as you might think. I'll probably buy new unless I can find a low mileage well maintain used car/SUV.
What are the main issues with the GLA?

It’s designed to be the cheapest Mercedes you can get into, assuming you don’t like the now-discontinued CLA. The interior is awful for the price point, the ride feels like you’re driving on wagon wheels, and there is very little actual room due to the design. The AMG has a slightly nicer interior but it’s still polishing a turd.

It’s also like 5 years old so they’ll surely be refreshing it soon.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

highme posted:

Honestly, a Tacoma or 4Runner are the 2 best options in that size. You will pay a bit more, but nothing holds value like they do and total cost of ownership is relatively low.

Talk me out of an older Ranger. I want to replace my redundant hatchback with a truck for an off road motorcycle, climbing/camping, other Colorado area hooning. Tacoma's are too much.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

You want a crew cab.

highme
May 25, 2001

ShaneB posted:

Talk me out of an older Ranger. I want to replace my redundant hatchback with a truck for an off road motorcycle, climbing/camping, other Colorado area hooning. Tacoma's are too much.

What range of years, and what's your budget?

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153439396089

There ya go

highme
May 25, 2001

I think I'm going to put the Over/Under on that van at $45k.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
871,249 miles on it holy poo poo.

(160k on replacement engine)

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Elysium posted:

871,249 miles on it holy poo poo.

(160k on replacement engine)
That thing looks amazing but so much this. Also the front end swap doesn't engender a lot of faith either.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

highme posted:

What range of years, and what's your budget?

Whatever good truck I can get for probably like $6-8k. Note I live in Denver, but I'd drive out to get something cheaper if I can. I feel like I'm going to pay a premium here for anything like that.

highme
May 25, 2001

You can find a nice Tacoma in that price range, it'll just be a bit higher mileage.

drat, where was this when I was shopping, it's even got a license plate that will get you Cool Kid Points on facebook. (Ya Dig?)
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/golden-2003-lexus-gx470-gx-470-suv-awd/6834311525.html

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Yuns posted:

Also my old sedan is about to die and I need to buy a new vehicle. I love sports cars but I need this to have some utility as a regular ski trip vehicle. Also I like stick but my wife refuses to drive one so it needs auto. Also it needs AWD or 4WD.

Japanese, AWD, roof box, Blizzaks is your standard ski vehicle load out.

Razzled posted:

4th gen 4runner if you can find one that's been cared for. they're all equipped with a torsen center diff so they're 4H all the time

Been driving my 4th gen (2007 SR5) in a ski town for over 10 years and it's just getting broken in. I have real feelings of affection towards that vehicle. I leave it in 4H all winter... just flipped it back to 2WD the other day.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

This is what I have! Though I can't tell if that's an RS or an S (mine's an S). It is just practical enough as a ski car for 2 and I can get skis up to 170cm plus all the other stuff in the back if I put the seats down. The roof bars are a bit of a pain to put on but pretty good to be able to get a bike and a few sets of skis on top. Also it's hilarious on the mountain roads up and from ski villages.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I forgot how wet it gets in Tahoe. Still having fun but man conditions are very all over the place.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It's going to be true spring skiing for spring series here at Pano; I've waxed with my not-touched-in-years 0 to +10 degree celcius wax.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HookShot posted:

It's going to be true spring skiing for spring series here at Pano; I've waxed with my not-touched-in-years 0 to +10 degree celcius wax.

:getin:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Well it was +2 and raining overnight, our second run starts at 2pm and I'm running bib 73 so goodbye any chance I had of scoring.

I'll settle with not dying in a bathtub-deep rut at this point.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Hope the conditions are better there than what I saw Thursday at the base of the gondola at Kicking Horse--its melting pretty fast

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Welp, closing day. Here’s to getting unreasonably intoxicated in a costume.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
And here I am planning a ski trip next month

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Kirkwood was in great shape yesterday. Palisades were just untouched heavy pow goodness.

I had a nice double eject on Friday as well. Felt good to crash and not like I all going to be hurt.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Moot . posted:

Welp, closing day. Here’s to getting unreasonably intoxicated in a costume.

Is this why I saw a bunch of unicorns and poo poo at Loveland? It's not even closing day!

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

ShaneB posted:

Is this why I saw a bunch of unicorns and poo poo at Loveland? It's not even closing day!

That is just spring stuff.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I hate ski racing.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

HookShot posted:

I hate ski racing.

Me too. Just become a bad rear end free skier already.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Highlands Bowl was stupid good today. A weird, super soft, heavy, coat of spring fresh on top of sorta slushy spring snow in the Gs. Like, I had two runs I would kill for in mid winter

Also some dude hiked up and put up "PROM," then hiked up with the girl he was asking out, then hiked up again to get the sign. Hardcore poo poo

E

Eejit fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 8, 2019

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Well that was interesting

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

spwrozek posted:

Me too. Just become a bad rear end free skier already.

But then how would I hate myself regularly?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

HookShot posted:

But then how would I hate myself regularly?

People are very good at findings reasons to hate themselves.

Or others.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL: https://unofficialnetworks.com/2014...XNtpjShKTW6cHD0

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doesn't list Mammoth

Lists Michigan

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

and it lists Jackson Hole first, which closed this weekend and is notoriously garbage in the spring due to so much southern exposure

edit: looks like it's just a shell "article" linking to a slightly longer "article" in Men's Journal meant to drum up late season tourism I guess?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I don’t know about quality, but when I was there, Squaw said they would be open through June.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 9, 2019

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Elysium posted:

I don’t know about quality, but when I was there, Squaw said they would be open until June.

It was still pretty dope on Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is Heavenly good for spring also? I was there in the spring once and the conditions were "bad" to "terrible" but that may have just been that year which was pretty drought-y.