Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Erisian Automata posted:

I realize that I'm partially at fault for starting the kirkland TP debate but let us instead focus on different matters - costco produce: It has a bad rap, and indeed the giant sacks of limes/lemons/potatoes/onions need to be watched lest they go bad, but drat do the peppers and even the mixed greens mega-cartons stay fresh.

I've had great experiences with produce from the chilled section (mushrooms, salad greens, spinach, kale, broccoli), but pretty much universally bad experiences with produce held at room temperature aside from the tomatoes (particularly the Campari variety).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This is my go-to daily allergy med. I don't know what I would do if Costco didn't sell these.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Aller-Fex-180-mg.%2C-180-Tablets.product.100299849.html

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like those salad kits in the chiller (baja and an asian one) for a simple meal just dump a can of flaked white tuna (drained) and mix it all up and it is tasty.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

priznat posted:

I like those salad kits in the chiller (baja and an asian one) for a simple meal just dump a can of flaked white tuna (drained) and mix it all up and it is tasty.

I like the balsamic Mediterranean one.

I portion it out in half and it's a work lunch that takes 30 seconds to put together.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

I like the balsamic Mediterranean one.

I portion it out in half and it's a work lunch that takes 30 seconds to put together.

Haven’t seen those here, we get the aforementioned baja and asian and also a blue cheese one, but only 2 options at any one time. All are good though!

Sliced up hard boiled egg or chicken on top would also be good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We have 3 versions here. The Mediterranean balsamic one which is my favorite, the asian one with cabbage which is okay, and some salad that has dried cherries. I'm not a huge fan of cherries, but I bought it by accident once and it was surprisingly good.

I used to make my own salads to take to work, but if I cut a bag in half it's a work lunch for about $3. So, at what point is the extra work of making a salad from scratch no longer worth the money savings?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I still haven’t gotten over the loss of the Al Pastor salad. I don’t even know how to cope.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The costco giveth, the costco taketh away

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

The Midniter posted:

I've had great experiences with produce from the chilled section (mushrooms, salad greens, spinach, kale, broccoli), but pretty much universally bad experiences with produce held at room temperature aside from the tomatoes (particularly the Campari variety).

I gave had just the opposite experience, but I also think this varies by store. The church near me just really sucks at rotating product.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

The Midniter posted:

I'll agree with that for the most part. Every once in a while I'll find the whole lot of broccoli florets are turning yellow/brown, I've heard before that there's sometimes temperature abuse during shipping.

But if the broccoli is good, it'll last for weeks - though my husband and I can go through two of those 3lb bags in one week.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I'll agree with that for the most part. Every once in a while I'll find the whole lot of broccoli florets are turning yellow/brown, I've heard before that there's sometimes temperature abuse during shipping.

But if the broccoli is good, it'll last for weeks - though my husband and I can go through two of those 3lb bags in one week.

The power dumps taken in your household must be legendary.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
With all that fiber I doubt theres anything powerful at all. It just slops right out.

PBUC/Fiber

I routinely buy a veggie tray once a week for game night.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Still enjoying my Bitchin Sauce.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

therobit posted:

I gave had just the opposite experience, but I also think this varies by store. The church near me just really sucks at rotating product.

Same, the produce at my location(s) is tasteless trash that spoils immediately.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I don't get produce often but my kids eat fruit by the ton and I feel like it stays fresh forever. The last boatload of grapes we got lasted two weeks and the precut broccoli longer. I joke with my husband that I don't know what they irradiated it with but it lasts a long time. Long enough that we actually eat all of it without throwing any away.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

A bidet is the best purchase you will ever make in your life.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

This x100.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Trash Trick posted:

The best purchase I ever made was LASIK, and unfortunately you can't get that at the `co.

Yet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Trash Trick posted:

how do u prevent the water from running down your leg or whatever

what if you miss

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

how do u prevent the water from running down your leg or whatever

what if you miss

What? How?

How exactly do you poo poo? Like none of that is really possible.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The sprayer is pretty dialed in. Even if you put it in “full spread” it’s not going anywhere but your rear end. Then there’s a dryer too so you can finish with one-two squares of Kirkland TP.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Im Ready to Warsh Me ARse

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

keevo posted:

This is my go-to daily allergy med. I don't know what I would do if Costco didn't sell these.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Aller-Fex-180-mg.%2C-180-Tablets.product.100299849.html

How does this compare to their Aller-Clear, which I swear by.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

cryptoclastic posted:

Went to the local CostCo here in South Korea the other day. Pepperoni pizza is gone.

It has been replaced with this abomination. A "sausage pizza".

I am heartbroken. What do I do? A comment card was written, what is the next step?

I want this pizza to go head to head with mestre de pizza

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Trash Trick posted:

The bidet i have is some lovely Amazon purchase and it gets my balls wet every single time, so i have to wipe my balls.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

The bidet i have is some lovely Amazon purchase and it gets my balls wet every single time, so i have to wipe my balls.

That’s a feature not a bug!

My inlaws bought a bidet seat for my wife and installed it but it was the wrong bowl shape and my wife was like get that poo poo outta here and that was the end of it after swapping the regular seat back. I was kinda disappointed, wanted to spritz my butt.

Too lazy to install one myself tho

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

priznat posted:

Thats a feature not a bug!

My inlaws bought a bidet seat for my wife and installed it but it was the wrong bowl shape and my wife was like get that poo poo outta here and that was the end of it after swapping the regular seat back. I was kinda disappointed, wanted to spritz my butt.

Too lazy to install one myself tho

We had to get a valve installed between the pipes to turn down the pressure too because there was no middle ground on the knob, the thing was either a sprinkle or enema full blast. My colon was cleansed the first time I turned the thing on.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Apr 9, 2019

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Re: water pressure. One thing I learned in Japan is that, on a 1-5 scale, a Japanese 1 is like a US 4.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

To anyone who is a fan of frozen pizzas as I am, do yourself a favor and avoid the hell out of the Lotzza Motzza pizzas the 'Co has for sale.

To wit: my first attempt, I cooked it as directed right on the oven rack. This pizza has a lot of cheese, so a healthy amount of it melted and dripped to the bottom of the oven floor, leading to a bunch of smoke and a bunch of stank. Also, the directions said to cook it at 400 for something like 18-23 minutes. After that amount of time, the crust was still floppy as hell and the internal temperature was only about 90 degrees. I ended up having to cook it for close to 40 minutes to get it to an edible temperature.

The second one I cooked (since it comes in a 2-pack, PBUC) I did on a sheet tray, but since that prevented any air circulation on the bottom, it led to an even soggier crust and took just as long as the first one.

Finally, reheating them in the oven was an absolute disaster, since they stuck hopelessly to the foil on which they were cooked and didn't even resemble pizza once I scraped them onto a plate the best I could.

Avoid at all costs.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I got good results on a rack layered on top of a baking sheet

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That's the kind of thing you'd expect when you buy frozen pizza manufactured by a company based in Minnesota. Sure, they can handle the frozen part just fine but the pizza part?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Kirkland frozen pizza should be communion at all services

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had the most unblessed communion yesterday. I ordered a dog (for the wife) and an italian sausage (for me) to take home, and the guy behind me got a dog. They gave me all 3, which confused, and when I said something, they grabbed a dog and gave it to the correct guy. When I got home, I found I had 2 dogs, and they gave my sausage to the guy behind me.

So I paid the extra buck for a sausage, got a dog instead, and didn't get a soda to go along with it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Renegret posted:

I had the most unblessed communion yesterday. I ordered a dog (for the wife) and an italian sausage (for me) to take home, and the guy behind me got a dog. They gave me all 3, which confused, and when I said something, they grabbed a dog and gave it to the correct guy. When I got home, I found I had 2 dogs, and they gave my sausage to the guy behind me.

So I paid the extra buck for a sausage, got a dog instead, and didn't get a soda to go along with it.

If you were a true believer, you'd certainly have noted the physical girth disparity between the thicker, more robust Italian sausage and the substantial-yet-slighter hot dog. I'd recommend 10 Hail Costcos and a $1.50 hot dog (with refill) as penance.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ultimate Mango posted:

How does this compare to their Aller-Clear, which I swear by.

they're two different drugs. they will affect everyone differently, that's why there's more than one allergy medicine in the world. you swear by loratadine, brand name Claritin. the other stuff is fexofenadine, brand name Allegra. you can get the same brand name and generic drugs at any pharmacy or grocery store or wal-mart or whatever. they may be cheaper at costco than where you normally would get them because bulk, but they're not a costco-exclusive thing.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

The Midniter posted:

If you were a true believer, you'd certainly have noted the physical girth disparity between the thicker, more robust Italian sausage and the substantial-yet-slighter hot dog. I'd recommend 10 Hail Costcos and a $1.50 hot dog (with refill) as penance.

I actually did notice, but I was in a rush to get out and I figured it was all in my head so I put blind faith in the food court person.

When I got home I was not surprised in the slightest.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
We once got an oven ready pizza from Costco and that mf didn't even fit lol :smith:

PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

We once got an oven ready pizza from Costco and that mf didn't even fit lol :smith:

PBUC

Hahaha same.

This was a long time ago but I was young and still tried to cook that fucker with the oven partially open.

It did not go well.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MarcusSA posted:

Hahaha same.

This was a long time ago but I was young and still tried to cook that fucker with the oven partially open.

It did not go well.

My dad just buys them and lets one edge get curled up by the oven door. It's only about an inch or so too shallow though. He has a super expensive prosumer stove too so IDK why they bought one that wasn't deep enough for a Costco pie. I guess probably all the extra insulation makes it smaller on the inside given its footprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

My dad just buys them and lets one edge get curled up by the oven door. It's only about an inch or so too shallow though. He has a super expensive prosumer stove too so IDK why they bought one that wasn't deep enough for a Costco pie. I guess probably all the extra insulation makes it smaller on the inside given its footprint.

I honestly never thought that ovens were that different in size. I’ve never actually bought an oven but I wouldn’t have any idea if a Costco pie would fit in it if they just gave me the cubic sq ft or whatever.

I guess if I do buy one I need to take a Costco pizza with me and put it in them to make sure it fits.