Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

i am forever in a state of eternal despair because i know my name will never be as COOL as the goon with LIZPIG69

whoever you are, LIZPIG69, u are the true hero of fgo

I'm a fan of RinsThighs, whoever that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

zack clap snyder's clap fate stay night clap

It would go really deep into the guys in spandex wwanting to penetrate each other with sticks.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

You guys talking about this game being easy and casual friendly are making me feel even worse since Im struggling to get anything done since the materials for ascension are stupid hard to obtain for a new player.

It's not so bad when the event you're going has the kind you want and you can just get Your Friend's Cuzilla to solo everything, but yes, grinding for mats is a miserable experience and you should never do it unless you just need two or three of something, or it has a good droprate like bones (do x-g not x-c you insane people)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

You guys talking about this game being easy and casual friendly are making me feel even worse since Im struggling to get anything done since the materials for ascension are stupid hard to obtain for a new player.

its a snowball effect that once you get some nice farmers set up you can do every event and not have to worry about anything except chains and pages again

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

it's easy and friendly...only up to a point. what i think people mean when they say that stuff is that most low rarity units are viable for all the content in the game and clearing most of that stuff can be done with a single strong unit borrowed from a friend. the grind for materials isn't great at any stage of the game but disproportionately will affect new players who need to build their stable up from nothing. all i can really say is lean hard on friend supports and welfares and events+story chapters should slowly give you easier access to materials.

i only started last May and couldn't really tell you when this stuff switched for me, but it eventually did. maybe after 3-4 months?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

It comes and goes. Getting mats and embers and everything for leveling and ascension is a pain at first but it all gets easier just with time until it's not a problem. But then you hit the next wall of getting mats for skills. Then once you have enough mats you hit the wall of having enough QP to pay for everything. It's a bit like whack-a-mole, but at the same time it's all stuff that is resolved with time and is still doable for a moderately casual Free to play user.

FGO is easy in that most of the low rarity units are still viable, the story mode is fairly low in difficulty for quite a while, support units from your friends list are powerful and can carry you, and characters from the gacha are powerful even if you only roll one copy of them. In terms of grinding there are worse games out there as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Saved up all my tickets and stuff like the login bonus quartz for a final shot.

Always roll

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you can't cast keanu reeves in your fate film then there's no point in making it

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Who do I talk to about giving away an account? I can't really keep up with my alt account anymore, but it seems like a waste to let it languish. Would prefer to see it go to somebody who'd actually play it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Furnaceface posted:

I'd take any claim of a gacha game being "easy and casual friendly" with a giant grain of salt.

Getting ascension materials is pretty awful which is why players pounce like starving wolves on event shops. This is doubly bad for new players as you don't even have access to the maps with the best drop rates for these items. The drop rate is still bad for those maps.

So...yeah. Sucks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Don't worry, whenever your down the Bone Zone will always be there for you.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I'd take any claim of a gacha game being "easy and casual friendly" with a giant grain of salt.

Getting ascension materials is pretty awful which is why players pounce like starving wolves on event shops. This is doubly bad for new players as you don't even have access to the maps with the best drop rates for these items. The drop rate is still bad for those maps.

So...yeah. Sucks.

I've more thought that grinding on normal nodes was always intended for the really hardcore grinders or people who want to level their favorites asap. And the event shop has been the generally intended way to get mats. Events also tend to have better mat drops, too, which reinforces the fact that grinding outside of events is for more extreme cases.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's actually fairly rare for event grinding nodes to have better mat drops than normal free quests unfortunately. Stuff like the da Vinci event heart drop rate are the exception, and then anomalous stuff like the absurdly high Prilya feather drop rate was probably a bug or something given how they nerfed it in the rerun. Other than that though, you're right in that events are by far the most efficient use of time.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Furnaceface posted:

It's fine if you're just venting, but I'm sure people can point you in the right direction if you feel like you've hit a wall. A lot of people here struggled to even beat the daily EXP quests to level up their characters in the beginning. Casual friendly and newbie friendly aren't exactly the same thing.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://webview.fate-go.us/iframe/2019/0407_cccpre_cp/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Pre-event announced

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Nakar posted:

Who do I talk to about giving away an account? I can't really keep up with my alt account anymore, but it seems like a waste to let it languish. Would prefer to see it go to somebody who'd actually play it.

You could ask around in the discord to see if anyone there is looking for an account. Anyone new enough to want someone else's account is probably new enough to not know for sure how long they're gonna keep playing, though, so there's no guarantees there.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stairmaster posted:

if you can't cast keanu reeves in your fate film then there's no point in making it

Ok, but who would he play? Kirei? Archer? Cu Chulainn? Kuzuki?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Stairmaster posted:

Who the gently caress did you think was gonna play kirei

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

Only Masters who have cleared "Final Singularity"
gently caress. I'm still only halfway through Camelot. Even with half AP on story maps, that's gon' take some effort.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tae posted:

It's more that Cygames has a much better workflow because their production is mostly in-house, whereas DW employs a ton of freelancers to design their servants and craft essences.

But the animation and spritework is all in-house.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finished the story of the JP event finally. That last fight didn't gently caress around. It really highlighted how loving wimpy Kiara is though. +300% damage + that small bonus against Beasts that AE get and she still was hitting like a wet noodle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please keep around your mean jeannes with the points CE. I'm gonna get all 400,000 points needed to max ascend the berserker that I will never use, I swear to god.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So my old LG G3 (which I had since before JP FGO even started) finally started to die, so I upgraded to a Galaxy S8 and you can just, not lag on NPs? get a fuckton of stars and not have the game slow to a crawl until the turn ends? have the news screen load nigh instantly when booting up? Good god I will not miss my old phone.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The upcoming banners are obviously bait to drain Quartz before the CCC event, but drat if Nero Bride isn't good bait.

Are the Alter Egos any good? I seem to recall that the 4* (Passionlip) was a good target.
E: or Kiara, missed the other event banner.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 9, 2019

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Omobono posted:

The upcoming banners are obviously bait to drain Quartz before the CCC event, but drat if Nero Bride isn't good bait.

Are the Alter Egos any good? I seem to recall that the 4* (Passionlip) was a good target.

I think Kiara initially seems alright cause she gets a skill that gives her class advantage against Rulers, but in the long run ends up being the worse of the two 5* CCC Alter Egos, especially since Meltilililililiililith or however it's spelled gets a strengthening in the future and Kiara just kind lingers around.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kiara has useful skills and gets a better cooldown later, but at NP1 she hits like a wet noodle with her AOE.

Lip is a good tank and since her AOE is buster, Merlin meme away.

Melt is awesome although her skills are just a tiny bit weird, but she was my assassin killer for the longest time because she hits hard.

Remember, Alter Egos are strong against the calvary classes so you're basically getting servants who can contend with a whole triangle AND Foreigners instead of just one type.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

BisbyWorl posted:

So my old LG G3 (which I had since before JP FGO even started) finally started to die, so I upgraded to a Galaxy S8 and you can just, not lag on NPs? get a fuckton of stars and not have the game slow to a crawl until the turn ends? have the news screen load nigh instantly when booting up? Good god I will not miss my old phone.

Now for the real question.

Can it handle sandstorms?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I know that 'impossible' is functionally a meaningless concept in Fate, but isn't an American Grail War impossible because there's no Mage's Association or Church presence here?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Read Strange/fake

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Crasical posted:

I know that 'impossible' is functionally a meaningless concept in Fate, but isn't an American Grail War impossible because there's no Mage's Association or Church presence here?

There's plenty of churches in America, I'm sure you could just reveal that secretly all along some of them were part of the Church capital c, and have some visiting mage set things off with a bunch of unregistered magi chilling in America where the association won't bother them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only real downside to Melt as far as I can tell is that we have a really great welfare ST Alterego coming up in Halloween and Melt needs to be NP2 to outdamage her.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rorahusky posted:

Now for the real question.

Can it handle sandstorms?

I have the S8+ and the answer is yes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

The only real downside to Melt as far as I can tell is that we have a really great welfare ST Alterego coming up in Halloween and Melt needs to be NP2 to outdamage her.

and her third skill is kinda meh before upgrade and she won't shine as hard without skadi either

ccc really seems like a banner for if you like the characters rather than any of them being that good on release. they all get reruns later when they're more useful so you don't need to pull them early.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Trihugger posted:

It's fine if you're just venting, but I'm sure people can point you in the right direction if you feel like you've hit a wall. A lot of people here struggled to even beat the daily EXP quests to level up their characters in the beginning. Casual friendly and newbie friendly aren't exactly the same thing.

I made that post when I realized I wont be able to get even close to 600k points for the last Chacha item. Just a single high level servant of my own seems like it would make events a lot more manageable since the 3 lowest quests have such horrible drop rates for event currency and those are all I can farm currently. :(

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Compendium posted:

Kiara has useful skills and gets a better cooldown later, but at NP1 she hits like a wet noodle with her AOE.

...what kind of wet noodle?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

Read Strange/fake

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

ccc really seems like a banner for if you like the characters rather than any of them being that good on release. they all get reruns later when they're more useful so you don't need to pull them early.

Doesn't this apply to nearly all banners?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
kiara has a niche in that she makes an insanely annoying fight in a lostbelt less annoying but yeah she’s maybe the least interesting of the alter egos

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Omobono posted:

Their class advantage means that they're basically Berserkers that don't take extra damage. An Alter Ego attacker will essentially be useful in three times as many fights as an Assassin, Caster, or Rider attacker would be, so you can fit them into a lot of parties.

Melt is an outstanding single target attacker. She hits like a truck, generates a decent amount of stars, and has two different defensive skills to keep her alive. Her skill 3 can be a little tricky to use at times, but it gets easier once it gets upgraded.

Lip is a pretty good tank (although her taunt skill is one turn only) and a powerful buster gorilla for Merlin.

Kiara's a little weird to use, but AoE alter egos in general are good since they're a reliable way to deal with nodes of mixed assassins/riders/casters, and Kiara has a 50% NP charge to help with that. Her NP ignores defense and has pierce invuln, which is pretty niche but there are a couple of difficult fights where it will save your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Compendium posted:

Read Strange/fake

Plutonis posted:

Read Strange/fake

No.