Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cult Of Freddy

Freddy starts possessing multiple people and turning them into Fred Heads and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MacheteZombie posted:

Freddy on the ELM space station.

E: none of the dreams feature space

E2: the end scene is the reveal that the space crew is on a colonization mission with 1000s of people in cryosleep

The ship has to have like a massive window where the cryochambers are stored so that the next movie can open up with a Herzog's Nosferatu-esque three minute long shot of the ship pulling into orbit at its destination but all of the cryopods are busted/everyone is completely mangled/etc.

Burkion posted:

Cult Of Freddy

Legion: Sequel To A Nightmare On Elm Street :aaaaa:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What are some horror movies of note about twins besides Blood Rage and Dead Ringers? Like not ones where "OH poo poo THERE WAS AN TWIN SIBLING THE WHOLE TIME!" is a twist but ones like these two where that's a given from the get go.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Basket Case

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

What are some horror movies of note about twins besides Blood Rage and Dead Ringers? Like not ones where "OH poo poo THERE WAS AN TWIN SIBLING THE WHOLE TIME!" is a twist but ones like these two where that's a given from the get go.

Twins of Evil, the Hammer movie. Not one of my favorite Hammers but it’s not bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Disconnected (1984)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Neo Rasa posted:

Sisters.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

The Other (not The Others)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What was that Dean Koontz horror movie about the twins. I think it had that guy from Twin Peaks in it?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I just saw that thread title change. Clap clap.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Neo Rasa posted:

Doppelgängers yea or nay?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neo Rasa posted:

Goodnight Mommy

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hollismason posted:

What was that Dean Koontz horror movie about the twins. I think it had that guy from Twin Peaks in it?

The Hidden. It owns. No twins tho.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm watching the first episode of the new Twilight Zone and jesus, it's pretty bad so far. The only thing that feels like the Twilight Zone is some of the music. It's really well shot but poorly written.

Jordan Peele also don't work in the place of Rod Serling.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drunkboxer posted:

I didn’t really care for Ezri in the original run, but I haven’t gotten to the final season in my rewatch of DS9 yet. I remember not liking the final season much at all though.

The final season is filled with astounding amounts of bullshit and I don't understand how anyone can look back fondly on DS9 considering where it ends most of its seasons-long character arcs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm watching the first episode of the new Twilight Zone and jesus, it's pretty bad so far. The only thing that feels like the Twilight Zone is some of the music. It's really well shot but poorly written.

Skip the first episode.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Hello I'm watching The Lure and this movie fucks

It's insanely strong

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

mikeycp posted:

It's insanely strong

Yeah, it's awesome. I rewatched it and showed it to some friends last night to commemorate the Criterion Channel. They loved it and I still love it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Burkion posted:

Cult Of Freddy

That's almost the plot of the Ring sequel novels.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Neo Rasa posted:

Adaptation.

I consider it horror because an alligator eats someone.
Fine, maybe it isn't a horror movie, but I love it anyway.

mikeycp posted:

It's insanely strong

:yeshaha:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Neo Rasa posted:

Goodnight Mommy has its proponents. It lost me in the last fourth or so of the film but up until then I found it very solid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mikeycp posted:

It's insanely strong

Holy poo poo, thank you so much for letting me know this movies exists. Mermaid horror is such a huge untapped market.

married but discreet posted:

Goodnight Mommy has its proponents. It lost me in the last fourth or so of the film but up until then I found it very solid.

For me it was like the very last scene that lost me. It felt weirdly sweet in an unearned way given how dark the rest of the movie was.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Billie Eilish is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHC9tYz8ik

Also, horror music video reminded me of this video from a couple years back that you all might have seen. John Lajoie's indie persona with a song/video explicitly about a kid watching F13 V and it disturbing/confusing him. Super good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG8iAtpavK4

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Is there a movie that is as disappointing as The Autopsy of Jane Doe? I can't think of a movie that starts out stronger and then just has this perfect slide on an almost geometric scale into lovely all the way to an incredibly dumbass coda with a toe-bell.

Like, this is the movie, charted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
My 60 year old boss, who NEVER watches horror, came into the office one day last year and was like "hey, I was browsing around trying to find something to watch and ended up seeing this really weird movie!"

So yea, I discussed The Autopsy of Jane Doe with my boss, it was a weird conversation. I have a lot of conversations like that I guess, being the office "movie guy", any time somebody sees something they liked I tend to hear their review.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

My 60 year old boss, who NEVER watches horror, came into the office one day last year and was like "hey, I was browsing around trying to find something to watch and ended up seeing this really weird movie!"

So yea, I discussed The Autopsy of Jane Doe with my boss, it was a weird conversation. I have a lot of conversations like that I guess, being the office "movie guy", any time somebody sees something they liked I tend to hear their review.

There really is nothing worse than talking about horror movies with non-horror people.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Iron Crowned posted:

There really is nothing worse than talking about horror movies with non-horror people.

I think you mean psychological thrillers

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I dunno how I skipped mentioning this, I love Sisters. One of De Palma’s best.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

*shrugs*

I liked Autopsy of Jane Doe. It’s a lot of fun and Brian Cox holds it down. Shame Emile Hirsch is such a piece of poo poo in real life.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What's Emile Hirsch done?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The final season is filled with astounding amounts of bullshit and I don't understand how anyone can look back fondly on DS9 considering where it ends most of its seasons-long character arcs.

I just remember having dominion war fatigue by then.

Fart City posted:

*shrugs*

I liked Autopsy of Jane Doe. It’s a lot of fun and Brian Cox holds it down. Shame Emile Hirsch is such a piece of poo poo in real life.

Same. But I definitely liked the spooky mystery build up more than the climatic stuff.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What's Emile Hirsch done?

He choked a woman at a party in 2015:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31451264

Apparently he only got 15 days in jail and a fine for this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drunkboxer posted:

I just remember having dominion war fatigue by then.

Yeah, I can't really remember the last season of DS9. I really should go back and revisit it, but :effort:

Drunkboxer posted:

Same. But I definitely liked the spooky mystery build up more than the climatic stuff.

The spooky mystery stuff was great, but everything else was a letdown compared to how great it started.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It would have been better served with either a shlockier first act or am equally "elevated :jackbud:" everything else. The zombie stuff want too dumb an escalation for a slow burn mystery and vice versa. The same director is helping Scary Stories and im only really optimistic because of Del Toros involvement, whom I would die for

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Skip the first episode.

It's the only one offered on YouTube and I don't have CBS All Access, so welp.

Fart City posted:

*shrugs*

Same, it falls apart towards the end and becomes less interesting but I really like it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gejimayu posted:

Billie Eilish is a national treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHC9tYz8ik

Also, horror music video reminded me of this video from a couple years back that you all might have seen. John Lajoie's indie persona with a song/video explicitly about a kid watching F13 V and it disturbing/confusing him. Super good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG8iAtpavK4

That Friday 5 song is loving awesome

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

s.i.r.e. posted:

I made the same mistake over the weekend, also because it's the only one on YouTube and I'm not paying for CBS's streaming service.

I find it a little ironic that Jordan Peele named his production company Monkeypaw and the very first episode is exactly the kind of Monkeypaw filler episode that was all over the original series. Start with a hardluck schlub who can't catch a break. A mysterious stranger makes him an offer he can't refuse. BUT... Careful what you wish for!

Besides that, I was SUPER disappointed that Jordan Peele appeared to be doing a Rod Serling impression and not just speaking like a normal human being.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I forgot how much I loving hate Micah from Paranormal Activity.

HEY BABE DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT SWEETIE HEY DEMON HOW ABOUT YOU SUCK MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLS HEY WANNA TALK VIA QUIJI BOARD?

"honey I'm trying to study please stop following me with the camera at all times"

"WOW BITCH IM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU loving BITCH WOW HOW ABOUT YOU GO BE WITH YOUR DEMON FRIEND WOW"

He sucks so loving bad holy poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OldTennisCourt posted:

I forgot how much I loving hate Micah from Paranormal Activity.

HEY BABE DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT SWEETIE HEY DEMON HOW ABOUT YOU SUCK MY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLS HEY WANNA TALK VIA QUIJI BOARD?

"honey I'm trying to study please stop following me with the camera at all times"

"WOW BITCH IM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU loving BITCH WOW HOW ABOUT YOU GO BE WITH YOUR DEMON FRIEND WOW"

He sucks so loving bad holy poo poo

Hahaha this describes my thoughts watching that perfectly. Watch Backcountry next for a great douchey boyfriend double feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

Hahaha this describes my thoughts watching that perfectly. Watch Backcountry next for a great douchey boyfriend double feature.

Like I'm usually willing to give people in horror films leeway because we'd all act weird and dickish in hosed up situations but Micah is a gigantic dickhead from the very start. Katie is very clearly disturbed and bothered by this weird thing that's been happening her whole life and is asking for very basic things (please stop taping literally everything, please don't antagonize or communicate with it, please don't be a prick to the doctor, please let me call for help) and he's a complete rear end in a top hat about them all.

The worst part was 15 nights in of her being haunted by a loving demon and all Katie wants is to study and just stop dealing with it and he throws a temper tantrum.