Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Can Mark take a picture of the conversation and let us know it's not supposed to be like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

38/ Sure, give me a lecture as the alarms ring throughout the building. I don't mind.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
So Mark was a vampire this whole time - didn't see that twist coming. Also explains why he doesn't mind leaving the backdoor open when it's freezing outside.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
You had problems on the first run because you were dawdling. You only barely get enough time to listen to the door code and tape conversations and collect the other intelligence. I'm not sure if part of the problem was taking too long in the pump room, which might have cut down on the amount of time you had for the finale.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Good lord, everything about that part is just kinda bad.
Also having a guy who has been exposed to massive amounts of radiation jump in a helicopter with other people sounds like a really bad idea.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
And yet despite everything, Mark only gets a raise if he remembers to have a pallet of beer shipped to the office.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm so mad that the Perkele line was cut off.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Holy hell that was amazing

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm loving crying at the way the secret ending recorded. Imagine everything that can go wrong when you put long conversations into a timed sequence.
I braced myself, but it wasn't enough. Holy poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yes, it's because the whole thing is on a unified timer. They're pretty explicit about that both with the facts of the scenario and with the feedback the characters are giving you. Completing the pump room puzzle literally gives you more time, it doesn't stop the meltdown process. Having a quicksave spot during this wasn't great.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 2, 2019

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Cooking with Ramsay Bolton, you say?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I liked Mark's cozy apartment, it was pretty believable as a place someone actually lives in.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I liked Mark's cozy apartment, it was pretty believable as a place someone actually lives in.

Well outside the non functioning roof lights. :v:
Also could've needed piles of batteries scattered at places.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
I'd probably play the sequel you came up with.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Cooked Auto posted:

Well outside the non functioning roof lights. :v:
Also could've needed piles of batteries scattered at places.
Its a snowy night, having the lights off is mood as heck. He was probably about to hang out in his sauna anyway, I would have.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EasilyConfused posted:

I'd probably play the sequel you came up with.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes, it's because the whole thing is on a unified timer. They're pretty explicit about that both with the facts of the scenario and with the feedback the characters are giving you. Completing the pump room puzzle literally gives you more time, it doesn't stop the meltdown process. Having a quicksave spot during this wasn't great.

Yeah, when I did the plant, I actually took a couple of attempts until I could get the pump room done really quickly, so I had much more time at the end, enough to listen to both the full conversation about the keypad and the recording.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

They could have paused the timer during the keypad conversation and resumed it when the conversation ended.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

HardDiskD posted:

They could have paused the timer during the keypad conversation and resumed it when the conversation ended.
Was it a core breach that was happening at that time? Hard to ask for it to stop getting warmer when you were listening to a plot dump.
The plot device should have been moved to the back of that flooded room, ready to listen to after you solved the puzzle.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Ooh, boy, how many times did you have to go through that to get that ending? I had 2.

But thanks for getting through all of that. And hey, it seems like all of that was worth something, because Mark has a pretty nice apartment, and there was something peaceful about having the final fadeout while I was outside in the falling snow.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was it a core breach that was happening at that time? Hard to ask for it to stop getting warmer when you were listening to a plot dump.

You can do it if you are the game developer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah I really like Infra despite it being jank as all hell. It's like you said, definitely a labor of love. I hope the Whisperock Isle DLC improves on it because there is some strong loving storytelling in this game but it can be marred by some real obtuse puzzles. But drat if its not a compelling experience nevertheless. Hard to recommend, but compelling.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I enjoyed the lp of this enough to warrent getting the game and I loved every minute of it. I managed to guess my way through most situations so I feel like it isn't entirely as unfair as it may appear to be at times. But even if it is, I found the game really fun and strangely inspiring. I dunno if calling it a walking simulator is all that fair either, maybe it is possibly, but it sure does lack the dreary pretense of a lot of those games .

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Zeniel posted:

I dunno if calling it a walking simulator is all that fair either, maybe it is possibly, but it sure does lack the dreary pretense of a lot of those games .

It is really nice that for all of the times that you can die, the game isn't about death, isn't it? Nor does it deal with loss, or grief, or depression, or any attempt to really be profound. The "conspiracy" and the reasoning behind it and who was doing what kinda collapses under its own weight, but it's not really about that either- it's about some goofy dude with a job to do, and how he goes about it.

(And possibly being stalked by some masked figure from beyond the dimensions, but there you are.)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

39/ So, what if I don't feel like fixing the reactor? What's the worst that could happen?

It's over. Until Mark gets tired of his vacation.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm pretty certain observing a nuclear containment vessel from below when it's incandescent is a very exciting sight to see for anybody who might have the misfortune of doing so.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the LP. This game is... certainly a game.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Great LP! Looking forward to whatever the hell Council is.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
That was a fun adventure - can't wait to see Mark hop back in the saddle once the DLC has been release.

Also, how much god drat grift did we engage in while on our trip across the city to be able to afford a 5 year vacation? That's a lot of down time.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the LP!

I think the biggest thing I would change in the game would be to not have the Markku's Journey of Getting Back to the Office and just do more self-contained maps that you could go back and forth, or maybe have various days where the set of maps that you could tackle change based on the current day or something like that.

Another thing is that I felt a lot like we weren't making any progress, especially when we were anywhere underground. It just felt like an endless tunnel after the other...

As it is, though, it's still very interesting and different, and I'm glad it exists.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The boardgame on the table in the Finland house looked like a reference to "Legend of Grimrock."

Thanks for the LP! This game was really interesting to watch, though I don't think I would have enjoyed playing it.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Solumin posted:

The boardgame on the table in the Finland house looked like a reference to "Legend of Grimrock."

Thanks for the LP! This game was really interesting to watch, though I don't think I would have enjoyed playing it.
That and Game of Thrones - Casterly Rock is a fortress from that setting. "Cooking with Ramsay Bolton" is another gag reference to the same.

If anyone's got further interest in the history behind atomic studies and its fuckups (mostly user error), I'll recommend James Mahaffey's "Atomic" series. He was one of the folks who tried replicating the infamous cold fusion experiments before eventually debunking them, so he certainly knows his stuff.

Otherwise, thanks for the LP. INFRA wasn't the usual fare I've seen from you - mostly it's more outright nonsense like Dementia, the Riho Futaba games, or The Norwood Suite - but it still fits the oeuvre of poo poo that's just loving out there. Shine on you crazy diamond.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Thanks for the LP. You did great work into highlighting the great and absurd parts of this adventure.

Looking forward to what you release next.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

This was an always enjoyable LP, thanks for doing all of it.

quote:

Most of the big shore places were closed now and there were hardly any lights except the shadowy, moving glow of a ferryboat docked under the bridge. And as the moon rose higher the inessential houses began to melt away until gradually I became aware of the old island here that flowered once for Danish sailors’ eyes — a fresh, green breast of the northern world. Its vanished trees, the trees that had popped in and out to make way for more textures, had once pandered in whispers to the last and greatest of all human dreams; for a transitory enchanted moment man must have held his breath in the presence of this game's content, compelled into an æsthetic contemplation he neither understood nor desired, face to face for the last time in history with something commensurate to his capacity for photographic documentation.

And as I sat there, brooding on the old unknown world, I thought of Mark’s wonder when he first switched off the green light on the rail bridge over the dam. He had come a long way to this tiny room and his achievement must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark skyboxes of the infrastructure rolled on under the night.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Couple of interesting things to note, when the reactor starts to go critical, all of the water in the reactor core begins to evaporate and or drain away. Also you can see a post it note on the fridge in Mark's Finland house that's for a doctors appointment with the radiation symbol next to it. I'm also pretty sure that credit card note we got in the first ending is a mistake and that it was only supposed to trigger if you left your credit card in a card slot somewhere.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a part under your jaw that is particularly sensitive to radiation and there are pills made to protect it?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a part under your jaw that is particularly sensitive to radiation and there are pills made to protect it?

If you're talking of thyroid and iodine pills, they basically are just there to ensure no iodine-131 gets there to give you thyroid cancer.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Of course he's lost his torch. It's too powerful for him to hang onto it for future content.

I feel safer, knowing that he's out there, taking a break for now but ready to come back and photograph bad infrastructure, drink tunnel beer, uncover corruption, say perkele. Enjoy your sauna, Mark.

Yzuped
Apr 22, 2014
That was...certainly a thing.
I don't know if I'd want to play it, but I'm happy it exists, and that you played it for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This was an interesting game. I'm not sure I remember what happened anymore but 10 packs of flashlight batteries