Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah so far it does look cheaper but not offensively so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Is there a dub?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Where can I watch this? I checked crunchyroll but don't see any of the eps on there.

Also, how do i watch the OVAs? I didn't even know there were OVAs until just now when I was looking for S2.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It was inoffensive, but you can tell it's nowhere near as dynamic as S1. The pace seems fast, which is good because I'd like the tournament to be finished quick. Also the OP is bad.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

El Burbo posted:

Also the OP is bad.

Song, animation, or both?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waltzing Along posted:

Where can I watch this? I checked crunchyroll but don't see any of the eps on there.

Also, how do i watch the OVAs? I didn't even know there were OVAs until just now when I was looking for S2.

Exclusively on Hulu for now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

skaianDestiny posted:

Actually, it’s good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Song is whatever, but it looks bad to me. 60% of it is just still drawings of characters with their names flying by, and the showcase of Saitama punching stuff is really stiff compared to the same kind of showcase from the S1 OP.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i cant WAIT to play Doki Doki Sisters 3

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

El Burbo posted:

Song is whatever, but it looks bad to me. 60% of it is just still drawings of characters with their names flying by, and the showcase of Saitama punching stuff is really stiff compared to the same kind of showcase from the S1 OP.

Yeah it's a really bad animation overall

There's a couple of good cuts in there but it's 90% pans over barely moving images - something you could say about the first OPM opening too but the art on those stills was better and they didn't have ugly neon names plastered all over

There were also some good bits of timing with the song in the first opening (the "3, 2, 1, KILLSHOT" coupled with the monster rankings, the first "HERO!" timed with the first punch) that are completely absent here. You could have thrown anything over this.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 10, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Electric Phantasm posted:

Cool, I have Hulu.

What about the OVAs?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Is there a thread for season 2 of the anime? Its so bad

In the first episode alone they use like every animation trick in the book to not animate something, characters constantly hiding their face or have their mouth right out of frame. Shots of just feet walking, etc.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd heard there was gonna be a drop in quality, but this is pretty sad. I suspect there will be a lot of complaining from fans and S3 will go back to quality again.

Also, did they change the VA for Saitama?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It’s not like they decided to go low quality this season, or that they can just “go back” to good animation lol. The gathering of talent for season 1 was just an incredible thing, thanks to the directors efforts.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought S1 was done by a different studio.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought S1 was done by a different studio.

Studios are mostly irrelevant in the modern landscape outside of, like, Toei

everyone is a contractor

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the story was solid but still iffy on the animation. Just another gripe in the sea. Hoping it stays serviceable enough but the Genos fight was somewhere between bad and OK.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
i have lost all hope

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh boy, one more reason to hate America. Or it would be if I still wanted to watch this show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well that was incredibly boring to watch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Remember that time Murata managed to release a 130 page chapter in a month? That was cool.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Remember when the first season started with Saitama killing at least five unique monsters in under twenty minutes?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Remember when the first season started with Saitama killing at least five unique monsters in under twenty minutes?

To be fair that's because the comic started off quite strong, and this season at least got through the whole King setup in one episode. The animation was disappointing but at least it was an entertaining episode.

If the robot fight was handled better it'd have been a superb episode.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Hellsau posted:

To be fair that's because the comic started off quite strong, and this season at least got through the whole King setup in one episode. The animation was disappointing but at least it was an entertaining episode.

If the robot fight was handled better it'd have been a superb episode.

the content is strong its just delivered in near the shittiest form possible relative to season 1. Like yea if it was animated more dynamically like season 1 that combined with the already good ONE story would have made it amazing, but instead it was poo poo :mad:

So mad of what they have done to OPM, I thought it'd have the respect of the industry where they'd give it the treatment it deserves like Mob Psycho.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well, it wasn't another Berserk 2016. But just... incredibly boring looking most of the time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I didn't see a single silly Saitama face that whole episode. It could have used one

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
OPM anime season 1 was one of the coolest surprises to me since I had personally declared all of anime dead at that point. To hear that S2 is crap is really sad

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Is S2 going to be on crunchyroll?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Zzulu posted:

OPM anime season 1 was one of the coolest surprises to me since I had personally declared all of anime dead at that point. To hear that S2 is crap is really sad

its ok you at least have mob psycho

Sub Harrison posted:

Is S2 going to be on crunchyroll?

hulu only iirc

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
This was not good but I expected much worse

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

oh hey a bird with teeth

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Some birds do have teeth or at least tooth like protrusions.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Geese have teeth on their tongues.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Most cartoon birds have teeth. Also, it's a freaking monster.

The real problem is it wasn't funny or threatening or anything at all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Let's just cut away from Saitama's first punch of the season and only show the aftermath. It'll be cheaper artistic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think anyone making the show is really under the impression the shortcuts they're taking are artistic decisions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Let's just cut away from Saitama's first punch of the season and only show the aftermath. It'll be cheaper artistic.

That is how they did it in the manga.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hunt11 posted:

That is how they did it in the manga.

Lame.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The focus on that scene was not on Saitama but on King and him being forced to come to terms with his sham of a life and how it isn't possible for him to keep it going anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

Hunt11 posted:

him being forced to come to terms with his everlasting climax of a life and how it isn't possible for him to not keep it going anymore.

can we just have a murata slide show with dubs instead of a new season