Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the tick is back for season 2 on amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Sweet.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Love the sinister undertones of AEGIS as of episode 2.

The bank robbers were amazing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha Steven Ogg as the stretchy guy is great

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
This show is fantastic, they have found a great tone that straddles the line between the crazy humor of the cartoon and the action-adventure of a normal superhero outing.

Loving John Hodgman as the lab scientist, and making Dot a bigger character is a good idea.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

hahaha Steven Ogg as the stretchy guy is great

I knew he looked familiar.

Ended up marathoning the season. It was pretty much perfect. Dot and Overkill probably had the best moments.

We've even got at least a couple strong hooks for season three if it happens.

Was disappointed we didn't see flying Danger Boat as it felt like that was being set up.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hardest laugh so far is when dots like “you cant just steal a person!” and overkill is like “i can totally steal a person!!!!!”

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“Small Bunyan and his big blue ox” lmao

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
fuckin' Edgelord

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the performances on this show are insanely good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
superions expression after arthur tells him to take a walk lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
tyrannosaurus rathbone is so good

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

fuckin' Edgelord

That is still making me laugh.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finished the season. i wish there was more

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking for 4 white guys with ties to the lob...

Lasca
May 8, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

tyrannosaurus rathbone is so good

I'm about halfway through and this guy is awesome, getting such a venture bros General Treister vibe

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Hahahahaha the rubber bands on lobstercles

Edit: I love Rathbone's exaggerated John Wayne walk

hihifellow fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 7, 2019

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God drat, everything with Superian in this season is incredible.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
We got a SPOON!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumbermouth posted:

God drat, everything with Superian in this season is incredible.

My fav character this season.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Well into the series now. If Dot’s new superheroine name isn’t Underkill I’m gonna be

:cool:

Underwhelmed

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Chokes McGee posted:

Well into the series now. If Dot’s new superheroine name isn’t Underkill I’m gonna be

:cool:

Underwhelmed

I kind of liked the Tick calling her Enable-ator

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There's definitely a ton of hooks for a potential season 3, I just hope it gets enough viewers to justify it and the budget to back it up and it doesn't spin its wheels too much in dealing with it.

There was at least one episode that had some weird editing where the scene suddenly cuts maybe a second or line too early than it should have (and there's probably a few bits where it's cut later than it could've been) like the first appearance of Bronze Star.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
A very excellent second season. Tinfoil Kevin is low key one of the best parts of the show (and it's a show with lots of competition for "best parts"). All of his little mannerisms are played perfectly.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Xelkelvos posted:

There's definitely a ton of hooks for a potential season 3, I just hope it gets enough viewers to justify it and the budget to back it up and it doesn't spin its wheels too much in dealing with it.

I hope we get a run at least as long as the cartoon's. For a character who's been around as long as the Tick has, I've never really felt there was enough.

Ben Edlund spent ten years on Supernatural he can spend five on the big blue boi

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I hope we get a run at least as long as the cartoon's. For a character who's been around as long as the Tick has, I've never really felt there was enough.

Ben Edlund spent ten years on Supernatural he can spend five on the big blue boi

i feel like the tick and venture bros should share canon

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Lmao Ms. Lint is slowly turning into American Maid and it’s incredible

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TychoCelchuuu posted:

A very excellent second season. Tinfoil Kevin is low key one of the best parts of the show (and it's a show with lots of competition for "best parts"). All of his little mannerisms are played perfectly.

My favorite part about Tinfoil Kevin is that all of his weird mannerisms and fears are both perfectly valid and explicitly played up so that he can avoid detection as a rogue Category. It’s a really pleasant inversion of a kind of crappy trope.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I’m so happy this show exists and hope they make a lot more of it. Hopefully the guy that played Brian Butterfield doesn’t mind reciting nonsense speeches in a huge rubber costume for a few more years. I love that the best, most emotionally resonant episode was about the backstory of a sentient boat.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I just tried to get into this and clicked on the first season on Amazon. Awesome, I forgot this had Patrick Warburton in it!

And thirty minutes later, I've realized that I just watched the twenty-year-old version that got canceled before it finished airing. I, uh, I guess I should watch the new one? Is it any better? I was just starting to get into the weird groove of Warburton's narration.

(I swear, for some reason it was the first hit when I searched for The Tick on Amazon. I'm trying to do it now and it doesn't come up till well after the new version. Maybe I'm just a moron. :( )

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phenotype posted:

I just tried to get into this and clicked on the first season on Amazon. Awesome, I forgot this had Patrick Warburton in it!

And thirty minutes later, I've realized that I just watched the twenty-year-old version that got canceled before it finished airing. I, uh, I guess I should watch the new one? Is it any better? I was just starting to get into the weird groove of Warburton's narration.

(I swear, for some reason it was the first hit when I searched for The Tick on Amazon. I'm trying to do it now and it doesn't come up till well after the new version. Maybe I'm just a moron. :( )

It's better, the first season was one of the funniest shows of the year and this season is still funny, but it's a bit more complete, lots of new characters and a bit more going on.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I liked Season One but this season is just better overall out the gate.

In my headcanon Overkill is Corey Wolf-Hart's great-great-great grandfather.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
But also the Warburton version was pretty dang good, and the cartoon before that.

Tick good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya the tick is a classic super hero deconstruction.....timeless imo. basically the american version of one punch man

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm only one episode in and I am enjoying this a lot. The costume changes alone are fantastic. The Tick's just gets better and better and Arthur's goggles fit straight now.

Now on to binge the whole rest of it now that it's my day off.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Arthur's goggles fit straight now.

Well, they fit straight more often but there's still scenes where they're definitely not properly aligned.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xelkelvos posted:

Well, they fit straight more often but there's still scenes where they're definitely not properly aligned.

When he had those lights on it was killing me that one was across his eyeball.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Petition to make Dot’s new heroine name The Dot

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Chokes McGee posted:

Petition to make Dot’s new heroine name The Dot

Danger Dot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Rocksicles posted:

When he had those lights on it was killing me that one was across his eyeball.
His goggles fitting wrong is one of my favorite parts of the show. He's not supposed to look cool!