Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Meh.com

Cheap bidets available for the next 10 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
We got a oven ready bidet from Costco and that mf didn't even fit in the oven lol :smith:

PBUC

I'm not that much a fan of the costco jug of hummus. And the spinach artichoke dip is so-so . Bitchin Sauce is forever highly recommended to everyone who hasn't tried it yet.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

MarcusSA posted:

Hahaha same.

This was a long time ago but I was young and still tried to cook that fucker with the oven partially open.

It did not go well.

Why didn't you just cut it in half? Too dazzled by that massive pie?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Why didn't you just cut it in half? Too dazzled by that massive pie?

Na I was like 22 and I didn’t want the cheese to run all over the place and I was really really trying to cook it whole lol.

I admit it wasn’t the smartest thing.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Maybe not as exciting as pizza, but kudos to those who recommended roasting the Normandy vegetables. I stuck them in the oven with salt/pepper/olive oil at 500 degrees until they got nice and caramelized, then just stood over the pan picking out out and eating pieces of nice browned cauliflower/carrot/broccoli.

Getting me to snack on vegetables: pbuc

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm not that much a fan of the costco jug of hummus.

:wrong:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'm not that much a fan of the costco jug of hummus. And the spinach artichoke dip is so-so . Bitchin Sauce is forever highly recommended to everyone who hasn't tried it yet.
The giant Sabra roasted pine nut hummus? I like it but I always get sick of it before it runs out.

I don’t think we have Bitchin Sauce at our CostCo but there was some kind of cashew spread. It might have been Sabra too?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just so we're clear, hummus is absolutely not comparable to bitchin sauce, the latter is far worse for you. Which is fine, just don't get into it thinking it's hummus.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I just wish there was more of the pine nuts and tapenade throughout the rest of the tub and not just on top.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I just wish there was more of the pine nuts and tapenade throughout the rest of the tub and not just on top.

In that there’s an insufficient amount to produce a good density when thoroughly mixed-in, or because you just eat the stuff off the top like some sort of goddamn animal?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I just eat the stuff off the top like some sort of goddamn animal.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I just eat the stuff off the top like some sort of goddamn animal.

:same:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just picked up 5 more of these after getting a couple to test drive at the gym and they are excellent workout shirts that have that quick dry material. Highly recommend.

https://www.costco.com/Puma-Men%E2%80%99s-Finisher-Tee.product.100428659.html

11.99 each!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I like sabra better! Roasted red pepper por vida or get ouut.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chinatown posted:

Just picked up 5 more of these after getting a couple to test drive at the gym and they are excellent workout shirts that have that quick dry material. Highly recommend.

11.99 each!

How thin are these? I need some new gym shirts but the ones that perfectly outline my disgusting body aren't my favorite.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hummus is super easy to make at home, for anyone wondering. It's worth looking into if you eat a lot of it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheAardvark posted:

How thin are these? I need some new gym shirts but the ones that perfectly outline my disgusting body aren't my favorite.

pretty thin and breathable but not paper thin.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Hummus is super easy to make at home, for anyone wondering. It's worth looking into if you eat a lot of it.

home made beats store bought any day and is really easy to make (if you have a food processor) once you figure out your preferred ratio of tahini to chickpeas. I find that a fixed ratio never really works and it always needs a bi of tweaking to taste, but you can figure out a rough guideline after a few tries. You can also use, uhh, fava beans insetad of chickpeas? I like chickpeas.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 10, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah hummus and shredding lots of cheese instantly are my favourite uses for the food processor.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Don’t forget homemade pesto, using Kirkland olive oil, a huge hunk of basil, and a Costco bag of pine nuts, of course.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

AmbientParadox posted:

I still haven’t gotten over the loss of the Al Pastor salad. I don’t even know how to cope.

My Costco got rid of the chili and brought back the Al Pastor salad. Apparently they are seasonal items in the Great Book of Costco.

Also, my food court fries are back, PBUC. :smug:

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

The Hambulance posted:

My Costco got rid of the chili and brought back the Al Pastor salad. Apparently they are seasonal items in the Great Book of Costco.

Also, my food court fries are back, PBUC. :smug:

Al Pastor is back? PBUC. I’ll be there after work.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

DkHelmet posted:

Al Pastor is back? PBUC. I’ll be there after work.

With or without fries?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hell, same

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

Don’t forget homemade pesto, using Kirkland olive oil, a huge hunk of basil, and a Costco bag of pine nuts, of course.

Yeah the little bowl insert on my kitchen aid food processor is perfect for that.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Costco Zyrtec is the reason I even started owning a card myself in college, and as tree pollen creeps to maximum I find even in conjunction with Costco Flonase I am wracked with pollen pain. Curse you trees, curse you

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like sabra better! Roasted red pepper por vida or get ouut.

Wait, does Costco have their own large size? I’ve seen the little Kirklands, the little Sabras, and the big Sabras but never a big Kirkland?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

How Canberra's Costco can afford to undercut the competition

It's the petrol station with prices so low its nearest competitor drops theirs every morning when it opens.

But the head of Costco's Australian operations says their ability to offer such cheap fuel in Canberra comes back to their members.

Analysis from the NRMA showed the average unleaded price in Canberra was 8.1 cents per litre dearer than Sydney last financial year - though the average operating costs and margins accounted for 19.4 per cent of Canberra's average unleaded fuel price, compared to 15 per cent in Sydney.

However, unleaded fuel cost 131.7 cents at Costco's Majura fuel station on Wednesday - about four cents lower than the next cheapest petrol in Canberra.

Costco Wholesale Australia managing director Patrick Noone said the bulk discount retailer's strategy was to drive high sales with the lowest margins they could, with margins that "generally don't go above 12 to 14 per cent". Their Canberra station ranks in their top three for petrol sales in Australia and more pumps will soon be built to keep up with demand.

"The more sales we drive, the more value we drive into members pockets, which means when the time comes to renew your membership you've got value from your membership," Mr Noone said.

"That's our core strategy on everything we do - on the hotdog at the food court to the hearing aids to the champagne."

Costco also saves by buying only three grades of fuel in higher quantities to "maximise our buying potential and maximise value", and by having customers pay at the pump for their fuel, Mr Noone said.

But the $60 membership also helps to subsidise Costco's wafer-thin margins.

"The membership income helps us with our profit and loss for the whole company, it's a very important part of our business," Mr Noone said.

Mr Noone was speaking at an ACT parliamentary inquiry into Canberra's historically high fuel prices.

The NRMA's senior policy manager Carlita Warren said Canberra's fuel could sometimes be up to 30 cents more expensive than other capital cities.

The company said the ACT should introduce real-time fuel monitoring, but also prioritise independent retailers when approving fuel stations near current or future land developments.

However Caltex's head of retail fuel strategy and pricing Prasad Kholkute told the committee 85 per cent of fuel prices came down to the strength of the US and Australian dollar and government taxes.

He said Caltex's 20 ACT stations operated as competitively as they would in any other market but planning restrictions meant Canberra had a lower number of petrol stations per capita than Sydney or Melbourne - 7500 versus 5500.

"We welcome competition and we welcome price transparency," Mr Kholkute said.

"Different businesses have different business models [but] we believe in our product."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6014910/memberships-key-to-costcos-cheap-fuel/

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Maybe not as exciting as pizza, but kudos to those who recommended roasting the Normandy vegetables. I stuck them in the oven with salt/pepper/olive oil at 500 degrees until they got nice and caramelized, then just stood over the pan picking out out and eating pieces of nice browned cauliflower/carrot/broccoli.

Getting me to snack on vegetables: pbuc

Just did this. Good lord it was great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, does Costco have their own large size? I’ve seen the little Kirklands, the little Sabras, and the big Sabras but never a big Kirkland?

It was some other brand of hummus. I can't say forsure what it was but it wasn't Sabras. Atleast at my local Costco. Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

11.99 each!

That's pretty good. I would recommend to anyone if you get these get a size bigger or get a long size if you can. That way any overhead exercises doesn't make your shirt come up over your stomach.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Coredump posted:

That's pretty good. I would recommend to anyone if you get these get a size bigger or get a long size if you can. That way any overhead exercises doesn't make your shirt come up over your stomach.

Actually I usually wear a large T usually and the mediums fit me nicely and im not a super skinny guy either.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone tried the Kirkland knockoff Nutella? My coworker swears it's better than the original and is less sugary but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

The Hambulance posted:

This is very blessed news. Thank you for spreading the good word.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

the priests were offering communion (the sample people were offering samples) of the Kirkland hazelnut spread on this suuuuuper soft white bread and I think I went back 4 or 5 times. Shameful I know but that poo poo was drat good.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
The only thing on sample today was a not very good veggie burger. Not a "vegetarian burger," like a tasty bean burger, it was a burger of like shredded vegetable scraps.

OTOH, the place was loving empty because of the massive snowstorm (e: 10" so far) and high winds, so that was a win. Food court was a freaking zoo because it was noon though. Found a table and enjoyed a brat anyway.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 11, 2019

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Cheap Costco fuel is a godsend here on Kauai as well. It drives down the cost of gas on the entire island and justifies my executive membership by itself and I only commute 15 minutes away from my house.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone tried the Kirkland knockoff Nutella? My coworker swears it's better than the original and is less sugary but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I bought it a little while back and it was delicious.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

the priests were offering communion (the sample people were offering samples) of the Kirkland hazelnut spread on this suuuuuper soft white bread and I think I went back 4 or 5 times. Shameful I know but that poo poo was drat good.

Thanks! I'm interested if so, i think the Kirkland uses sunflower oil instead of palm oil, which is preferable to me both ethically and because my wife is allergic to coconut and coconut products. So far the only nutella-ish product I've found that doesn't use palm oil is some poo poo from Lindt that costs way too much to buy on any regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Washout posted:

Cheap Costco fuel is a godsend here on Kauai as well. It drives down the cost of gas on the entire island and justifies my executive membership by itself and I only commute 15 minutes away from my house.

Every time I'm on Kauai I fill up there, along with every single other goddamn person on the island.

Still worth it though, since I can just drink a jug of pog while I'm waiting in line.