Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Bianca Belair defeats Mia Yim using her hair for leverage on the ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is legit loving incredible.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1116158270555734017

:allears: at Matt Riddle dancing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taping's over

Reina Gonzalez defeats Lacey Lane
Velveteen Dream retains the North American title over Buddy Murphy
Raul Mendoza defeats Riddick Moss
Gargano and Undisputed Era have a promo that results in Roddy jumping Gargano
Dijakovic beats a jobber, then calls out Dream post-match
Shayna retains the women's title over Kairi via DQ after Io attacks Shayna after Shayna keeps beating up a hurt Kairi and not going for a finish. The stipulation was Kairi doesn't get another title shot in NXT if she doesn't win. Postmatch Kairi takes a bow and leaves
Humberto Carrillo defeats Jaxson Ryker by DQ. Postmatch, Forgotten Sons jump Carrillo, Burch and Lorcan make the save
Candice LeRae and Kacy Catanzaro defeat Vanessa Borne and Aliyah
War Raiders defeat Street Profits
Gargano defeats Roddy after Cole's interference backfires. Postmatch Undisputed Era tries to jump Gargano but Riddle makes the save
Dijakovic defeats Mansoor. Postmatch, Dream comes out and sings the rewritten national anthem in tribute to himself
Forgotten Sons defeat Burch, Lorcan, and Carrillo
KUSHIDA debuts and defeats Kassius Ohno
Bianca Belair defeats Mia Yim by using her hair for leverage on the ropes
Matt Riddle defeats Adam Cole. The tapings close with Undisputed Era arguing in the ring while Matt Riddle dances on the stage

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I hope the next Takeover is Gargano-Riddle, Dream-Dijak, Cole-Strong and Shayna-Io

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Me too

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I hope the next Takeover is Gargano-Riddle, Dream-Dijak, Cole-Strong and Shayna-Io

Maybe Strong will chop Cole in the dick again

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

KUSHIDA/Keith Lee should be the opener.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
TUE doesn't have any reason to break up...they just updated their drat shirts...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Conrad_Birdie posted:

TUE doesn't have any reason to break up...they just updated their drat shirts...

The Chris Jericho school of breakups

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WarCole in a heel stable. WarCole in a heel stable never changes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Depends on if Dijak's tweets were a WWE-approved work that backfired, him trying to badly work a misguided angle on his own or him being real.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I wouldn’t be so quick to expect a depush, honestly.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dijakovic's father was born in germany

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're pushing Lars Sullivan on RAW and Smackdown. Why would they depush Dijack on NXT?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

They're pushing Lars Sullivan on RAW and Smackdown. Why would they depush Dijack on NXT?

Because Sullivan's posts were years old, and Dijak's were yesterday?

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Gaz-L posted:

Because Sullivan's posts were years old, and Dijak's were yesterday?

I can kind of get it but I've never really like this defense (not that you're necessarily defending Lars or anything, just in general).

Like 10 years ago, the far off time of 2009, before we knew hey maybe white nationalism isn't so okay.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Envisioned posted:

I can kind of get it but I've never really like this defense (not that you're necessarily defending Lars or anything, just in general).

Like 10 years ago, the far off time of 2009, before we knew hey maybe white nationalism isn't so okay.

10 years is a big difference in maturity for someone who's only 30 now, having stupid opinions at 20 is pretty common whereas still having them at 30 is more worrying.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a bad argument because a significant amount of Lars' posts were while he was in NXT

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
yeah, i remember all those wacky things I did at 20. underage drinking. staying up late and skipping class. posting screeds about white genocide

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
having Extremely Dumb Opinions at 20 is pretty loving common

most people grow out of them through maturing and gaining new life experiences, it's the guys who don't change who are the issue

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Low Desert Punk posted:

yeah, i remember all those wacky things I did at 20. underage drinking. staying up late and skipping class. posting screeds about white genocide

Right? It's just an extension of the same handwave.

Like there's some views and things like casual homophobia that a lot of us I'm sure did without realizing the impact in the late 90s/early 00s, but Lars' poo poo isn't something you can write off that like, it's learned and deliberately practiced behavior to hate to that degree.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I got in with Randism for a year or two and was kind of teetering towards proto alt-right fash poo poo (I played the Axis a lot in any RTS I could); but luckily I escaped that before it was too late. So I can see somewhat of people making dumb mistakes when they are young, the thing is you have to at least make it aware publicly you are different and that you apologize for your lovely beliefs and have shown said change in your in actions.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How likely is Double or Nothing to be on Fite?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Destroy My Sweater posted:

WHERE ARE MY CALL-UPS

Why is she reenacting the final shot from Sleepaway Camp?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How likely is Double or Nothing to be on Fite?

According to The Wrap's piece on the Turner/AEW deal:

quote:

AEW’s next big event is May 25’s Double or Nothing in Las Vegas, which takes place after Turner’s upfront. Currently, that show is set to stream on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If your youthful indiscretions and "edgey" stage included listing to neo nazi music and posting white power stuff online then you at the very least are gonna get a "So are you still a nazi skinhead?" reaction from people when you say you've "grown up."

And to the best of my knowledge Lars and WWE didn't address it in ANY way. Did they?

That being said, to be fair to Gaz-L I assumed they weren't excusing Lars the way Julio Ruiz is but rather just saying the recency of the actions make a current response potentially more likely. In general I'd agree, but I also find it funny to expect WWE to give a poo poo at all that one of its employees posted something racist.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a bad argument because a significant amount of Lars' posts were while he was in NXT

if that's the case then I would really be surprised if he's actually changed for the better.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

If your youthful indiscretions and "edgey" stage included listing to neo nazi music and posting white power stuff online then you at the very least are gonna get a "So are you still a nazi skinhead?" reaction from people when you say you've "grown up."

And to the best of my knowledge Lars and WWE didn't address it in ANY way. Did they?

That being said, to be fair to Gaz-L I assumed they weren't excusing Lars the way Julio Ruiz is but rather just saying the recency of the actions make a current response potentially more likely. In general I'd agree, but I also find it funny to expect WWE to give a poo poo at all that one of its employees posted something racist.

I'm not excusing him, I'm pointing out there's a difference between posting poo poo like that when you're 20 (like Lars was) and posting poo poo like that when you're 30 (like Dijak now). If Lars has genuinely changed since he was posting that poo poo then good for him, but if not then gently caress him.

e: the articles I read said that they were really old tweets someone dug up, if that's not the case and they're NXT-era so much more recent then he can get hosed

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the lars stuff that really looked awful was the stuff he was posting on some forum somewhere including pushing a guy who was talking about killing himself to 'try to take out a bunch of people with him like that azn guy at that virginia school'

idk about y'all but that's a few levels past "casually said some stupid things"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Oh it's not the racism I expect to be punished. It's getting caught. Like Hogan.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Not to defend Lars previous actions but the brain is still often developing and growing until you are up to 25. Someone who is a total rear end in a top hat at 18, can be a very different person at 25, of course some people can be the same rear end in a top hat at 16 they are at 30, but it varies. Complicating that in the case of Lars is that he had acromegaly which might tweak matters.
He could still be a white supremacist or he could be deeply ashamed of those beliefs, either way he's not going to talk about it.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

HidaO-Win posted:

Not to defend Lars previous actions but the brain is still often developing and growing until you are up to 25. Someone who is a total rear end in a top hat at 18, can be a very different person at 25, of course some people can be the same rear end in a top hat at 16 they are at 30, but it varies. Complicating that in the case of Lars is that he had acromegaly which might tweak matters.
He could still be a white supremacist or he could be deeply ashamed of those beliefs, either way he's not going to talk about it.

For instance, he might have grown to have much more subtle tastes in white nationalist music by the time he hit 25 and learned how to keep his racism on the Down Low. Maybe he’s since learned to make burner accounts or do the racism on an anonymous board like 4chan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HidaO-Win posted:

Then gently caress him.

Because the consequence of being willing to put that kind of thing out into the world is that people will expect you to answer for it. Maybe he did mature and become ashamed of his racist past. If so, he can say that and then it's up to everyone else if they want to believe and forgive him. But if you're not willing to so much as apologize then you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt or forgiveness.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

flatluigi posted:

the lars stuff that really looked awful was the stuff he was posting on some forum somewhere including pushing a guy who was talking about killing himself to 'try to take out a bunch of people with him like that azn guy at that virginia school'

idk about y'all but that's a few levels past "casually said some stupid things"

Yup! Has Lars even come out making any anti-white supremacy statements, or are some people just assuming that he has changed his outlook?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

purkey posted:

Yup! Has Lars even come out making any anti-white supremacy statements, or are some people just assuming that he has changed his outlook?

The WWE fascism/racism/homophobia/transphobia apologists are out in force saying he's changed his outlook when there appears to be no evidence that he has.

Just come out and apologize and do something productive to better the world and show some loving contrition. Volunteer for a non profit fighting against racism, start a scholarship fund. Just loving do and say something to show you aren't a Nazi. Same goes for Hogan.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
unless you've heard him doing racism first hand in the last 24 hours, i don't think its fair to assume the guy that posted lyrics for his favorite song about ethnic cleansing on a bodybuilding forum is still a white supremacist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

purkey posted:

It's just people assuming that because a greater amount of time than a second has passed since he publicly did it, they should be free to cheer for him at the next Saudi show they purchase unjudged

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It would probably be easy for Lars to say "in fact, racism is not good"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It's just people assuming that because a greater amount of time than a second has passed since he publicly did it, they should be free to cheer for him at the next Saudi show they purchase unjudged

:jerkbag:

Fwiw I tend to be one of the most WWE-apologist people here and I'm literally mad Lars is back and want him to go away forever, gently caress him.

IMO he gives Hogan a run for his money which is WOOF.