Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tenkaris posted:

This chapter definitely is trying to play up the audience doubts about Eren, with all the "born into this world" discussion. He's used that exact phrasing himself more than once, and I recall his mom also said it about him as a baby when she was responding to Keith.

I've always found it to be a bit incomplete as a reasoning. Yes, everyone is born into this world, go on???

So the idea that the words have maybe always had this meaning about not wanting to be born at the core, just not clearly expressed.. because when the world you're born into is so bleak, it's all just a sick twisted nightmare to exist?

Eren is just mad he was born, I'm sure some people are gonna love this poo poo.

Uhhh... pretty sure he always meant it as "Because I was born into this world, I'm entitled to free reign in it and anyone or anything that tries to deny me that freedom is my enemy!" He's literally been saying the world is his birthright simply because he was born into it his entire life.

It's like Luffy's views on freedom, if Luffy was an entitled mass murdering paternalistic psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Uhhh... pretty sure he always meant it as "Because I was born into this world, I'm entitled to free reign in it and anyone or anything that tries to deny me that freedom is my enemy!" He's literally been saying the world is his birthright simply because he was born into it his entire life.

It's like Luffy's views on freedom, if Luffy was an entitled mass murdering paternalistic psychopath.

No rear end in a top hat. We already know that was not the case.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The ultimate titan power will be literal time travel and he'll undo the entire fuckery when he eats them all

Actually, it wont be him, it'll be Historia when he lets her eat him

Original Ymir is Historia from the future, who goes by Ymir in memory of her friend.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The ultimate titan power will be literal time travel and he'll undo the entire fuckery when he eats them all

Actually, it wont be him, it'll be Historia when he lets her eat him
It's gonna be like :lost: where a user can time travel their consciousness to another point in time on the lineage of the titan they possess and is related to seeing memories of previous titan holders. The paths is a physical manifestation of this phenomenon. The beginning of the story where eren cries and doesn't remember why was a time travel consciousness incident

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Do y'all think the girl in P A T H S who remolded Zeke judged the fake lenses in his glasses?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where did that titan come from? And if it was trying to place Zeke back into its womb, was it just ridiculously aberrant, or did it do that because Ymir Fritz was assuming direct control?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Where did that titan come from? And if it was trying to place Zeke back into its womb, was it just ridiculously aberrant, or did it do that because Ymir Fritz was assuming direct control?

It looks an awful lot like one of the titans Zeke transformed in the woods - specifically the one whose head he ripped off for ammo. I'm guessing that doing so didn't actually tear its nape? As for how it was tunneling underground/behaving to restore Zeke I think there is only one answer... P A T H S

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I juat realized that arguably both Eren and Zeke have experienced a rebirth in the belly of a titan. Although Eren's was seemingly less providential and more just dumb luck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I honestly have no loving idea what's going on anymore.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
keeping reiner alive over and over was irritating enough but zeke is the lamest character in the series. Pls stop doing this!!!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fister Roboto posted:

I honestly have no loving idea what's going on anymore.

No one does, maybe not even the author, it's just a ridiculous ride at this point. How many more sharks will they jump?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

No Wave posted:

keeping reiner alive over and over was irritating enough but zeke is the lamest character in the series. Pls stop doing this!!!

:agreed:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Chapter 116.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Eren got super lucky at the end there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess Marley stole their airship technology at some point.

Also Armin is totally acting.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RatHat posted:

Also Armin is totally acting.

Probably, but maybe Bert hosed up his personality more than we thought.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I feel like this is eventually going to end with someone's 13th dimesional chess plan accidentally backfiring and double crossing themselves, like an overly drawn out version of the duck season rabbit season bit

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Schwarzwald posted:

Probably, but maybe Bert hosed up his personality more than we thought.

someone on Reddit compared Armin crying to when Black Widow did it during Avengers, and I think that’s it. Armin has realized whatever Eren’s true plan is and is relieved that his best friend is still who he thought he was

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I hope Galliard gets punked like the little bitch titan he is, what a lame rear end

Oh and Reiner too, he's been taking his lumps but I get the feeling he can take a few more

Also curious to see how Eren uses the warhammer titan power now, just how wild can it get

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
lol at Galliard committing Suicide by Eren.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Beefstew posted:

lol at Galliard committing Suicide by Eren.
He's just being helpful, bringing the jaw titan to eren so he doesn't have to chase down his food.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This City Will Burn Like Dresden :black101:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Final battle lets go

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Sub Harrison posted:

Final battle lets go

Too bad Levi's probably out for the count for a while. Although he really, really wants to kill Zeke, and tbh I'd like to see him do it

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
But didn't Levi die? Or there's no chance of that?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Otakufag posted:

But didn't Levi die? Or there's no chance of that?

Hanji's lying. Nobody checked his vitals aside from her, and she immediately carried him off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I don't believe levi is dead with the way that played out

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also he moved.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also he moved.

Well yeah that's what happens when you carry a body away

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Yelena just silently icing that dickhead mid-prejudicial rant ...how do I put this

i got a boner

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was an alright chapter, I would almost say not alot happened but I hope there is a flashback chapter coming.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone else notice everyone clipping through the jail bars??? I couldn't unsee it. Also there's continuing focus on Eren having plain white eyes or something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's just so the bars don't obscure their poses and facial expressions. See also characters having mysterious energy auras when drawn against dark backgrounds.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
Yea thats a pretty common art technique to focus on the characters, it's not actually happening.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SQYoIHwtZU

Being someone who found AoT via the anime, I am so super pumped for new episodes to start back up. While watching the trailer for the nth time, I started thinking about something Eren says at the end of it:

Eren posted:

Because we’ve all been special since the day we were born! We’re free!

...Except we know he's wrong - all the Eldians are connected by the paths. Including a line like that in the trailer feels like foreshadowing, and another reason why I really think Eren's plan is to destroy the paths, so everyone actually is free. Since Zeke's plan is a pile of poo poo, much like Zeke himself.

But either way, drat does that trailer look gorgeous. So excited to see the Return to Shingashina animated.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
New chapter is out

Hooray! Zeke arrives just in time to rescue our hero!

No, wait-

Hooray? Zeke arrives just in time to rescue? our hero?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 8, 2019

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Chapter 118 is just going to be a Royal Rumble for titan shifters.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Pieck is the best.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Shneak posted:

Chapter 118 is just going to be a Royal Rumble for titan shifters.

I'm down with this.

Lol with Zeke there it really is a Royal rumble too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
That may be the coolest chapter of this Manga so far. Next month has the potential to be even better, holy poo poo.