Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/star-wars-disney-shows-first-mandalorian-footage-1200784

quote:

Cassian Andor will have his right-hand droid with him for his Star Wars prequel droid.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed Alan Tudyk will reprise his role as K-2SO in the Disney+ series that stars Diego Luna. The Rogue One prequel sees him once again play rebel spy Cassian Andor, and is set during the early days of the Rebellion, prior to the events of 2016's Rogue One.

"It will be a thrilling spy series set in the Star Wars universe," Kennedy said Thursday at an investor's day focused on Disney+.

She confirmed that Lucasfilm's first live-action series, The Mandalorian, will be available as a launch title for Disney+, as will the first two sets of Star Wars trilogies.

"We'e pretty deep into the heavy lifting of turning all of that wonderful photography and all of those stories into one continues season of eight episodes," executive producer Jon Favreau said of where he is in the process.

Favreau also brought the first footage of the series.

The Mandalorian clip shows the back of presumably the Mandalorian in a snowy area. He’s holding something in his hand, and he pockets it and walks forward. He wears armor that’s meant to look like a medieval knight.There are shots of new planets, new races, new species, new starships but as Favreau said, “we want it to feel completely connected and familiar”

The series takes place after 1983's The Return of the Jedi and before the villainous First Order rose to replace the Empire. The series stars Pedro Pascal, as well as Gina Carano, Nick Nolte, Giancarlo Esposito and Werner Herzog. The Mandalorian also has booked a number of high-profile directors, including Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, Deborah Chow and Star Wars: The Clone Saga's Dave Filoni.

In addition to those series, Disney revived fan-favorite animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars revived in July for a seventh season on Disney+ after last airing in 2008. Kennedy revealed Thursday there will be a docuseries looking at the craftspeople behind Star Wars.

Star Wars is becoming a key attraction for Disney+ as the studio aims to compete with Netflix and other streaming services. As of now, Disney has no theatrical plans for Star Wars beyond December's Star Wars: Episode IX. Disney and Lucasfilm have released one Star Wars film a year, but May's Solo: A Star Wars Story disappointed commercially and critically, and Disney CEO Bob Iger has indicated there will be a "slowdown" of Star Wars theatrical releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Glad to see Disney is skipping Netflix and going straight to torrent.

My guess on Rey’s lineage. Sheev ate Padme’s placenta for the super midichlorians and sharted out Rey.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

There are several unsubstantiated sources now claiming the title is ”The Will of the Force”.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

There are several unsubstantiated sources now claiming the title is ”The Will of the Force”.

That's as boring as the "Balance of the Force" that comes up almost every time people are speculating new titles.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It's just Will of the Force. Will of the Force is a new character. He invented the force.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Rey: Who are you?
Will: Hey uh Im Will, of the force

*me watching star wars will of the force whenever will comes on screen*. thats will, of the force

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Fresh Will of the Force

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

thrawn527 posted:

Star Wars Episode IX: Return of the Snoke.

The Entire Snoke’s Back

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
There's like a twenty year time jump and the new main character is the kid sweeping at the end of Last Jedi whose name is Will.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Good Will Forcing

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Jerkface posted:

Rey: Who are you?
Will: Hey uh Im Will, of the force

*me watching star wars will of the force whenever will comes on screen*. thats will, of the force

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There Will Be Force
Triumph of the Will of the Force

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Star Wars: Forced Down Your Throat.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Star Wars Episode 9: A Star Wars Story

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Will-o'-the-force

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Star Wars Episode 9: Will Not Watch Unless Forced

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hope This Fart Will Not Come With Extra

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Star Wars: Demise of a Cultural Touchstone

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 12, 2019

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Soon, we shall have new Star Wars information transmitted into our brains.

Soon we will have all new things to argue about until December, when even more new things to argue about shall present themselves.

Lightsaber fights and Luke Skywalker drinking beers and Paul Saltines showing up with Snoke’s brother, Bloke.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kylo Ren‘s new friend is an old man on a bicycle. He has no name!

There might also be a pontoon boat of some kind.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

I was expecting a bad movie title, so if this ends up being true then it's no big deal.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So at what time will the panel start?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

So at what time will the panel start?

9am pacific, it'll be live on the Star Wars Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCZGYJFUizSax-yElQaFDp5Q

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

They really should've announced this the other way around. First tell us Alan Tudyk would be coming back as K, then tell us captain no name would be joining as well.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So two of the new episodes have Force in the title.

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Hope

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It probably says something that all the titles are directly referencing Force stuff now instead of acknowledging a larger context.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ruddiger posted:

So two of the new episodes have Force in the title.

A New Hope
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Hope

Starwars: A force of habit

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m rewatching Gravity on Netflix (it’s loving great) and I’m dreaming of a world where Cuaron gets to direct one of these movies.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh boy, here we go

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tag yourself, I'm force ghost chewbacca

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I'm Kylo's cracked helmet, because gently caress you, helmets are cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh boy, here we go

Please charge your phone.

I like the artist interpretation of Adam driver as being more closely related to Harrison Ford.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Holy poo poo! gently caress! Finn has a different hairstyle.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

George of the Jungle, meet Will of the Force

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

LMAO of course Rey and Kylo have both just gone back to their TFA appearences

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo! gently caress! Finn has a different hairstyle.

When compared to his previous portrayals, sure, but definitely not compared to his current co-stars.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
For Rey at least, I think that's due to repurposing scenes from TFA with Leia that have her in that costume.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
imho the one thing everyone can agree on in regards to episode 8 is that it was a smart choice to have Kylo smash his helmet and move forward in the film as himself rather than as a weird darth vader analogue. it's an extremely simple and clear step forward for his character, so of course jj will reverse it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

imho the one thing everyone can agree on in regards to episode 8 is that it was a smart choice to have Kylo smash his helmet and move forward in the film as himself rather than as a weird darth vader analogue. it's an extremely simple and clear step forward for his character, so of course jj will reverse it lol

Yes, I really liked that scene and it felt like a natural progression for his character, especially after the chewing out he received from Snoke. So glueing it back together was expected.