Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/112644688/#112644688
This supposed leak from 4chan got the new robot's name right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
i still never understood the first order or how they became a force of power or anything. This series stinks

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Lol the retcon is strong with this one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Does Endor have oceans?

...I mean, a small moon landed on it, and it's been three decades

Of course the climate would change

Looks like it has oceans to me

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Vinylshadow posted:

Does Endor have oceans?

...I mean, a small moon landed on it, and it's been three decades

Of course the climate would change

I guess the ewoks got extinct.

That Robot Chicken thing turns out to be canon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C3Upldic3I

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I was really hoping they'd give Rey her own lighsaber after Anakin's was finally broke.. But so much for that, I guess.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The final battle gonna be ghost skywalkers vs ghost sheevs

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
RISE OF THE SKYWALKERS plural would be a better title, "Skywalkers" being upgraded from a family name to a group title.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Dehry posted:

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/112644688/#112644688
This supposed leak from 4chan got the new robot's name right.

"...the Republic is revitalized."

All eight of them?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Where's Rose Tico? She deserves to be in this one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BigglesSWE posted:

I guess the ewoks got extinct.

If this actually happens, that has to be one of the biggest fan service wanks ever.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Who paid for the rebuilding of Endor? Ewok insurgency.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

AlternateAccount posted:

RISE OF THE SKYWALKERS plural would be a better title, "Skywalkers" being upgraded from a family name to a group title.

Both of the JJ titles would be much better with a little shuffling. Awakening of the Force would have been a better title as well imo.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Shaocaholica posted:

Where's Rose Tico? She deserves to be in this one.

So she can gently caress everything up and deliver a lame platitude to justify it again?

I mean all lovely reactions aside, it would be better if she didn't.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Gonna laugh real hard if it turns out to be Snoke with robot legs.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Judge Tesla posted:

Gonna laugh real hard if it turns out to be Snoke with robot legs.

Darth Maul's legs fused with Snoke's legs, with Palpatine's brain in a jar on top of it all

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If you pause just as the burning A-Wing swishes by, (1:32) it looks like an old school imperial destroyer in the background.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume that Skywalker us going to be the name of the replacement for the Jedi

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AlternateAccount posted:

Either that just drop the plural, Rise of the Skywalker implies the name has become a title itself for the chosen one. Wasn't it in the Journal of the Whills where the first force user was called "The Skywalker" by the common people? Or is that a legends thing?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

teagone posted:

Either that just drop the plural, Rise of the Skywalker implies the name has become a title itself for the chosen one. Wasn't it in the Journal of the Whills where the first force user was called "The Skywalker" by the common people? Or is that a legends thing?

I don't know. We're probably giving way too much credit and trying to make a lovely title mean something. RISE OF THE ________ is poo poo no matter what movie it is.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The Falcon zooms through the twisted wreckage of the second DEATH STAR

Finn: This is just like...

Lando: When I flew through the death star!

Rey: When I flew through the wrecked star destroyer!

[they look at each other]

Poe: Because it's a wrecked death star both of your nostalgias are correct and good

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
there are so many interesting things they could have done with Kylo as the lead villain, after the previous film literally chopped the emperor in two, said "let old things die," and installed Kylo on the throne. But nope, gotta introduce a new emperor because that's how old star wars did it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

darth vader didnt kill palpatine i guess. no one accomplished anything in return of the jedi. sad.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Polo-Rican posted:

there are so many interesting things they could have done with Kylo as the lead villain, after the previous film literally chopped the emperor in two, literally said "let old things die. time for new stuff", and installed Kylo on the throne. But nope, gotta introduce a new emperor because that's how old star wars did it.

I like the part where "anyone can be a Jedi" is amended with "but really it's all about the Skywalkers".

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Palpatine coming back is the one thing that could have gotten me to see this in theaters so good job Disney.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

who cares about the title

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AlternateAccount posted:

I don't know. We're probably giving way too much credit and trying to make a lovely title mean something. RISE OF THE ________ is poo poo no matter what movie it is.

:shrug: I like the title as is, but it could've been better.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zas posted:

darth vader didnt kill palpatine i guess. no one accomplished anything in return of the jedi. sad.

I'll accept it if it's Force Ghost Palpatine and he has just been haunting the wreckage of the Death Star II this whole time. If the movie does anything else with Palpatine then I feel like it would be really lame, especially if it's another he was pulling the strings this entire time.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Star Wars Episode IX: We Made Two Already

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I'll accept it if it's Force Ghost Palpatine and he has just been haunting the wreckage of the Death Star II this whole time. If the movie does anything else with Palpatine then I feel like it would be really lame, especially if it's another he was pulling the strings this entire time.

Kylo was able to get in contact with ghost Palp (Same as ghost obi wan but evil it’s poetry it rhymes) and Luke saw that so he tried to murder Kylo.

Palp just really horny for making those Skywalker boys make bad decisions

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They fixed the title

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paul Saltines being back is awesome and I can’t wait for him to chew up the scenery again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rey's not a Skywalker, but it turns out Luke used the Force to make her pregnant (ala Sheev and Shmi), and that's how the Skywalkers "rise".

Then eps 10 through infinity are all Skywalkers, all the time.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Rey's not a Skywalker, but it turns out Luke used the Force to make her pregnant (ala Sheev and Shmi), and that's how the Skywalkers "rise".

Rey, I’M the father!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Alright, the most important question

Are they on Jakkooine? Another quadrant of the planet, different from where Luke and Rey grew up?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Spartacus but Skywalker IMO

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Really really hope Palpatine's not alive as it kind of cheapens the end of Return of the Jedi plus it's just screams we can't think of anything to do with this movie so we'll bring back the only other good part of the old trilogy we havent touched yet.

So he will probably be alive and right as rain.

I'm kind of hoping his ghost remains in the destroyed Death Star and Kylo goes to it to learn from him just like Rey is learning from Luke's ghost to get more powerful or something like that, Rey goes there to stop him?

Also yea title is bland.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Davros1 posted:

personally i don't think episode 9 should be about luke impregnating rey without her knowledge

that's just me though

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

personally i don't think episode 9 should be about luke impregnating rey without her knowledge

that's just me though

Nah I think he's on to something here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Davros1 posted:

Star Wars being a legacy of rape would probably be more interesting than anything they have going here.